CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was horrific that anyone could do this to a child especially a handicapped child:banghead:Don't go read the threads about it if you have a weak stomach. HTH.

Yes. This case was horrific! I followed it as it was unfolding. Everytime I think about it even today I get sick to my stomach

Regarding Jessica the newspapers keep saying that 'she was last seen' walking to meet her school friends.

Who saw her if this is true? As far as what I read her mom said that she walked the 3 blocks to meet her friends not that she actually did that day.

Who said that they 'saw' her?

Anyone ever find the video from last night's memorial service with the 2 second interruption ?

Regarding Jessica the newspapers keep saying that 'she was last seen' walking to meet her school friends.

Who saw her if this is true? As far as what I read her mom said that she walked the 3 blocks to meet her friends not that she actually did that day.

I recall reading that her mother came home and saw her walk out the door but that was it. I did read that last sighting was two blocks from her house (or maybe the park, can't recall), but I also wonder who last saw her at that point since it clearly wasn't her mom. I'll find the link, I just read it this morning.

I personally think the phrasing is that of reporters and inaccurate. As you say, her mom watched her leave (walk out the door) and as far as we know, was the last to see her, except of course, her murderer.

ETA if sassysleuth finds a link that shows another person witnessing her after her mom then disregard above.

Great sleuth question.......Good work if I may say....:eek:nline::eek:nline::eek:nline:

I personally think the phrasing is that of reporters and inaccurate. As you say, her mom watched her leave (walk out the door) and as far as we know, was the last to see her, except of course, her murderer.

ETA if sassysleuth finds a link that shows another person witnessing her after her mom then disregard above.

Currently on my iPhone so I can't post a link, but I googled "Jessica ridgeway seen two blocks" and the algorithm picked up a USA Today article about her memorial. It's cited in that article but does not indicate who last saw her.

On one of the earliest threads, there was a link to an article in which LE stated they had a witness who saw Jessica that morning. However, it's very possible that this information changed along the way.

"Downstairs" on the scanner thread, in the "rewind" section, IIRC there was some mention of a witness.

Hi, the national database has him listed as * incarcerated. But I will check on that to make sure. Good info thanks. http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/OffenderSearchResults.aspx

I don't find him in OTIS http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2.aspx and if he has been "good" for 3 years after end of parole/probation they remove the entry. (Too hard to get a job with an entry in OTIS!)

He is not listed as being incarcerated Wayne or Oakland County jails. His 11811 S Telegraph Rd. address in Taylor is the Ambassador Motel in Wayne County.

I don't find him in OTIS http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2.aspx and if he has been "good" for 3 years after end of parole/probation they remove the entry. (Too hard to get a job with an entry in OTIS!)

He is not listed as being incarcerated Wayne or Oakland County jails. His 11811 S Telegraph Rd. address in Taylor is the Ambassador Motel in Wayne County.

So basically nobody knows where he is. Yikes!!

On one of the earliest threads, there was a link to an article in which LE stated they had a witness who saw Jessica that morning. However, it's very possible that this information changed along the way.

"Downstairs" on the scanner thread, in the "rewind" section, IIRC there was some mention of a witness.

First reports were that peeps at the school saw Jessica, both students and a teacher. They said Jessica never made it to class though and may have gone back outside. One boy said he saw her outside but not inside.

I wish I knew where I heard or read these reports. How could several people be so wrong?

There was some chatter across the scanner that implied 2 people had seen her that way - for example J, however, I think that those sightings are not confirmed and have been discounted, or else we would hear from LE that she was last seen in the park or by the school.

I watched the live pressers a few times. There were things said during them that were reported at the time, and quoted in earlier threads. Now, because they aren't accessible by googling and finding on 9news website, it's as if they were never said. The spokesman or LE said, something very similar to "this guy is very good at what he does." This was when he was talking about the condition of the remains.

I'm wondering if the perp did go under the barb wire fence or over or between the fence....if it were dark....he may have gotten some cuts on his hands or arms....maybe LE should be telling people to look for that type of thing....cuts or scratches on his arms or hands? JMO

First reports were that peeps at the school saw Jessica, both students and a teacher. They said Jessica never made it to class though and may have gone back outside. One boy said he saw her outside but not inside.

I wish I knew where I heard or read these reports. How could several people be so wrong?

I *think* I read it in the scanner thread (there is a summary of the scanner reports there when she was first reported missing). The boy she walks to school with said he walked to school with her, and then the father said that his son was mistaken and that he drove him to school Friday morning when Jessica didn't show up at the park and that his son was thinking of yesterday (Thursday).

There were also a few confusing scanner reports about teacher's aids recalling they saw her. And something about a purple pillow pet which turned out to be nothing.

I think these very early reports can often be wrong/mistaken.

Sorry, new here. What is "downstairs," scanner thread" and "rewind"?

Found something interesting, it makes me wonder if a serial killer changed his MO to gain the attention of authorities, kind of like a taunt to say Ahhh hahhh, still alive, catch me if ya can, later cop. Could the killer of Jessica be an old serial killer that's still at large, maybe that he changed his MO bc he's old so its easier for him to kill a young girl rather than an older female? Could a serial killer have seen this article and decided to have a thrill kill to taunt investigators? How ironic that Jessica is kidnapped & killed a month after this article is printed.

http://www.denverpost.com/serialkil...-serial-killers-worked-denver-streets-from-75

Serial killers worked Denver streets from '75 to '95, police say
POSTED: 09/02/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT
UPDATED: 09/04/2012 09:51:24 AM MDT
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post

Snipped:
Between 1975 and 1995, dozens of young women were snatched off Denver-area streets, killed and dumped along rural roads, a crime spree that includes 38 unsolved murders that cold-case detectives believe may have been victims of a serial killer — or killers.

Snipped:
The work is driven by a simple belief: that as many as a half-dozen serial killers stalked Denver-area streets for more than two decades.

Snipped:
"Sexual assault, strangulation and a desire to shock police were elements that drove the killer," said Marv Brandt, a cold-case investigator for the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office. "That person might be 60, still capable of finding more victims."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine