Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
the TH big shot international lawyer that was on NG ( I think) said the "foreigner" section of the prison is no better than the regular prison and he called that

the doorway to hell.

I have to go to sleep, I am so happy that this confessed--even if it's not true, at least I can go to bed knowing that he is not going to get away with it. Peace to Natalee and Stephany's families.

Well, Joran finally did it - he actually SURPRISED me by confessing.
thud-1.gif

Then again, if the Peruvian LE interrogations are anything like their prisons, maybe I'm not so surprised. I say keep on keepin' on until he tells the TRUTH about Natalee, too.

Sorry, if I sound harsh to some folks, but I think this guy is the very definition of evil.

I can't see Stephany's dad settling for manslaughter and 15 years.

What I find interesting is the way Joran was paraded in front of the media throng when he was first 'apprehended'. They rolled down windows in the car so that cameras could get a decent shot and stopped and manouvered him to face the cameras at one point. I find it odd and extremely prejudicial. Not that I care in his particular case ... just trying to make sense of everything and that has been on my mind.

Even if say he gets a reduced sentence (he thinks) wouldn't there be more serious charges pressed considering the nature of ALL her injuries not just her neck as it sounds like that is all he confessed to doing...as if that wasn't enough:banghead:

This thread is flying so fast! I lost the post and poster! I'm so sorry.

A member posted that if the charge is reduced to manslaughter then the sentence is 20 years.

I wonder if that is the max sentence for manslaughter?

Also earlier today a talking head said that this particular prison does have a section for foreigners (IIRC its called the British Pavillion or something to that effect) where JVDS might be housed instead of with the others in that prison.

Also the TH made the comment when JVDS was facing a possible sentence for murder of up to 35 years that JVDS would only have to serve one third to one half of that sentence.

Anyone else hear this? TIA.

IMHO that significantly lowers his sentence if he only has to serve for manslaughter and also what about the seperate area for foreigners?

I heard the same thing (on Nancy Grace.) The th also said that the British Pavillion had no better conditions than the regular part of the prison. He said it was the worst prison conditions he had ever seen in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson