UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, OK5, I'm not buying it today.

The FB did not oops disappear without a little help from an enemy. Josh was there AT the Hellewells.

I agree with you that it did not disappear without help from an enemy.

BUT the whole entire time JOSH was on the computer he was being watched. There is no way he did it at their home yesterday. I am not saying that he didn't do it or didn't have it done with the help of someone else on a different computer. I am saying HE did not personally do it while he was at their home. He was never left alone. It did not happen.

I have 2 computers with the same shared home networking.............
and why draw up papers at their home? Why not a Kinko's?
or buy a ready made agreement up ?
They have them for sale at any Staples etc.

I am told that Josh made his own lease because it is not a normal lease. They have certain provisions in it such as, if Susan comes back, they have to move out, etc.

(IMO, he is just including that in the lease so he doesn't look guilty and is actually expecting her to come back alive and well)

I will NEVER understand the no search theory...........I know it is cold and snowy.
I live in the wooded mountain area of PA.
It was only 5 degrees yesterday, but we are used to it and go out and do NORMAL things.
Just in my area in the last week we searched and found 4 missing people.
One man missing since Christmas and 3 teens missing over night........all tradgic
wrecks, hidden in pond and over a mountain side.
SO, why isn't there ANY SEARCH going on?
Does LE think SUSAN may be in storage and Not out in the wilderness?
Was there a clue to her taken to a storage unit?
in a place other than the outside???
Are they searching vacant homes or anything??? at all.........this is beyond ODD. JMOO

Well, I do. I grew up a long time ago in a very rural part of NJ. Then I did a lot of exploring in Utah, many weeks over the years, in the most remote parts of the state, and even winter camping. It's just not the same AT ALL. Most people have no concept of being more than six hours by road from a gas station. It's not just the cold weather.

And yes, people are searching. This has been mentioned. I love a quote on a sign coming across Utah on I70 at a scenic overlook where you can see no sign of civilization for as far as the eye can see in any direction. It says, "Damn the man who would bring a woman to such a God Forsaken country." --Harina Olssen Seely.

I think the quote is very funny. You can't imagine what the remote parts of Utah are like from Pennsylvania. Do come see. I don't know about the city aspect of the searching, but his cellphone might be telling on that. He mentions a winter camping trip, and people like myself think of exactly what that means from our own personal experience. There would be thousands of places where there is a dirt road and we know we won't see another vehicle all day. Survival in such places is up to us, BTW.

It would be very different if Josh weren't testing out a new generator. He is clearly interested in winter survival in the wilderness to make such a statement, even if that doesn't indicate where he went that night.

I am told that Josh made his own lease because it is not a normal lease. They have certain provisions in it such as, if Susan comes back, they have to move out, etc.

(IMO, he is just including that in the lease so he doesn't look guilty and is actually expecting her to come back alive and well)

Any idea why he had to use their computer to draw it up?

Now that freaking cracks me up. If a renter did not know about Susan before they sure will before they sign on the dotted line. Good luck with that Josh.

I just wanted to also quickly mention that there have been several neighborhood searches done by LE. They have searched locally quite a bit but for some reason are keeping it to themselves, have not broadcasted it, and have not asked for any public help.

We do not know why they have not made it public or why they have not asked for public help. When and if they do ask for public help, people will be lining up to help search.

Any idea why he had to use their computer to draw it up?

Now that freaking cracks me up. If a renter did not know about Susan before they sure will before they sign on the dotted line. Good luck with that Josh.

They do not know why he didn't draw this lease agreement up in WA. Not sure of the computer situation there. He basically went to their house and asked if he could use the computer to get it done.

Forgive my ignorance....haven't been following closely....but, have I got this right? The friend who started the FB and her husband are the ones helping Josh while he's in Utah?? I guess they think Susan was kidnapped? Or, left on her own? Really??

They do not know why he didn't draw this lease agreement up in WA. Not sure of the computer situation there. He basically went to their house and asked if he could use the computer to get it done.

If I was them I would take that computer to the police just to let them check out what he was doing with it. It only takes a second of a head turned to download key loggers and stuff.

Forgive my ignorance....haven't been following closely....but, have I got this right? The friend who started the FB and her husband are the ones helping Josh while he's in Utah?? I guess they think Susan was kidnapped? Or, left on her own? Really??
That is all a mystery and we don't know.

How long did the police have Josh's van? Like how many hours? I read they took it yesterday afternoon but he had it back by 7:30
That's not a lot of time unless they KNEW what they were looking for.

My guess is they knew exactly what they were looking for, and they didn't have to look hard to get it. And they kept the van longer than they needed to, because why hurry now. If they didn't find what they wanted they'd have kept it even longer and kept looking.

I wish they'd filmed him when they served the warrant and he turned white. That reaction would be hard for him to explain in a court later on.

My guess is they knew exactly what they were looking for, and they didn't have to look hard to get it. And they kept the van longer than they needed to, because why hurry now. If they didn't find what they wanted they'd have kept it even longer and kept looking.

I wish they'd filmed him when they served the warrant and he turned white. That reaction would be hard for him to explain in a court later on.

I bet they did. LOL LOL

Did any of those organized searches of all that land find Laci? No it did not. She was in the water most of the time. Had she of not washed up on shore, land searches would never have found her at all. LE knew the entire time that Laci was in the water and look how long it took for her to be found. And I suspect that LE in Utah has a pretty good idea where Susan is as well.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...eption-about-the-day-Susan-Powell-disappeared

"JoVonna Owings clears up a misconception about the day Susan Powell disappeared".

Also the F/F Facebook page has disappeared. This happened yesterday afternoon. None of the admins have any clue what happened. They have had troll issues and suspect a hacker may have made it disappear. They have contacted FB but have not heard back from them.

Nothing to say except I really wish Susan could be found.

Update on terrain conditions for the West desert. My son just got home from camping overnight at Big Hollow. The below linked map show B-where my son was at and A-Simpson Springs Campground. While he was about an hour and half away from Simpson Springs, the area he was in is a good indicator of the weather and current terrain of the West desert. The further out from civilization you are there is more snow because you don't have the heat from a city or cars melting it off. The conditions at Simpson Springs would be worse than where my son was at.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...61,-112.714233&spn=0.526604,0.877533&t=h&z=10

The first thing I asked when my son walked in the door was did he have a good time. He said he wished he had snowshoes. He said in some spots the snow had a hard icy crust on top you could walk on. For the most part he said they sunk into knee to thigh deep snow. He said it was worse the further away from a road you got. I asked him if a search could be conducted out there and how effective it would be. He said snowmobiles and snowshoes would be a must. He said it would be a waste of time because you wouldn't find anything, it's all under snow. I asked him what they were doing wandering out in the snow and he said following coyote tracks. They eventually came across where a coyote had dug up the kill it had previously buried. My son was very excited over that. It must be a guy thing. lol.

I asked about searching in the hills and mountains out there. He looked at me like I was nuts and said no way. The avalanche danger is too high. Below is an article about avalanches in just one area of the state for the month of January. All over the state avalanche danger is high.

http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/2010/01/30/news/news03-01-30-10.txt

A “very large” avalanche set off by a snowmobiler near Tony Grove on Thursday is the 11th confirmed human-caused slide of the month in the Logan area.

Utah Avalanche Center forecaster Toby Weed has catalogued a total of 30 avalanches in the mountains near Logan in January — a month that has seen some of the most dangerous backcountry conditions in recent memory.

More at link.

Update on terrain conditions for the West desert. My son just got home from camping overnight at Big Hollow. The below linked map show B-where my son was at and A-Simpson Springs Campground. While he was about an hour and half away from Simpson Springs, the area he was in is a good indicator of the weather and current terrain of the West desert. The further out from civilization you are there is more snow because you don't have the heat from a city or cars melting it off. The conditions at Simpson Springs would be worse than where my son was at.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...61,-112.714233&spn=0.526604,0.877533&t=h&z=10

The first thing I asked when my son walked in the door was did he have a good time. He said he wished he had snowshoes. He said in some spots the snow had a hard icy crust on top you could walk on. For the most part he said they sunk into knee to thigh deep snow. He said it was worse the further away from a road you got. I asked him if a search could be conducted out there and how effective it would be. He said snowmobiles and snowshoes would be a must. He said it would be a waste of time because you wouldn't find anything, it's all under snow. I asked him what they were doing wandering out in the snow and he said following coyote tracks. They eventually came across where a coyote had dug up the kill it had previously buried. My son was very excited over that. It must be a guy thing. lol.

I asked about searching in the hills and mountains out there. He looked at me like I was nuts and said no way. The avalanche danger is too high. Below is an article about avalanches in just one area of the state for the month of January. All over the state avalanche danger is high.

http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/2010/01/30/news/news03-01-30-10.txt

...& snipped...
This is a very useful report on conditions in the West Desert and the best that I've seen from over on this side of the continental divide. Excellent information.

Thank you so much! Another report from someone when the snow is patchy would be much appreciated, and some of us along the Colorado's front range would take it as a signal to call the wvcpd and head out to help search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member