UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a new thread would be a good idea.

One thought I've had. Josh found out Susan was planning on leaving. Either found the bank a/c or other info and confronted her. A argument insued and either one of them said they were leaving with the boys and a struggle took place-the car alarm went off (11:45) and she was down. He said he left around 12:30 am. Could be and could be later, but enough time to clean the spot, pack up the boys and go "smoring".

Yes this too familiar scenario is typically what triggers violence and seems to be the consensus of many here that this is indeed what most likely transpired. :frown:

But for all this evolution of thought, the question remains, WHY NO ARREST YET??? :confused:

Prayers for these little boys who are so loved by their mother... and that their mommy can be found.
:prayer:

:parrot:

BBM "JOSH"

Thought I better correct that. It can't be Josh because Kiirsi says he does not watch any reports on tv or get on the internet.

That is what Josh told Kiirsi who hasn't spent every waking moment with him since Susan disappeared and has no way of knowing if JP is lying or telling the truth.

Somewhat tangential, but some may find this Powell-related discussion of interest...

http://mormonmatters.org/2009/12/24...matum-get-active-or-im-leaving-with-the-kids/

Thank you, RayO. This is interesting to me. And that reply number 4, from someone named Ray, is a very nicely expressed summation of the way I feel as well. I am not and never have been LDS, but I do have a deep abiding interest in the great variety of belief systems in this world and the meanings they hold for those of faith. I'm a believer in a God who is great enough to speak in many ways.

Obviously we don't know the full context of the ultimatum/deadline/goal Susan set that Josh was going to have to meet or not meet, but it does seem central to the case. As so many on these threads have said, the ending time of a relationship can be a time of real danger.

Thank you, RayO. This is interesting to me. And that reply number 4, from someone named Ray, is a very nicely expressed summation of the way I feel as well.

For the record, that is not me. I am not participating in that discussion, I just stumbled upon the page.

Gotcha, RayO. And I did think it might be, so thanks for answering my implied question. But in any case, that other Ray's take on the issue is remarkably close to the one that I developed as I read through these six threads, innumerable newspaper articles and a bunch of LDS and former-LDS discussions of issues like these online. I just finished reading the whole conversation at your link and really found it fascinating.

BBM "JOSH"

Thought I better correct that. It can't be Josh because Kiirsi says he does not watch any reports on tv or get on the internet.

I'd be surprised to learn JP has not got on the Internet once since December 7, 2009. People who are accustomed to frequent, ongoing use of the Internet just don't quit cold turkey one day.

Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel
BBM "JOSH"

I'd be surprised to learn JP has not got on the Internet once since December 7, 2009. People who are accustomed to frequent, ongoing use of the Internet just don't quit cold turkey one day.
Hmmm...can't help but wonder, does he actually go online but no one knows about it? Under a different name, via IP hide? If Kiirse was around him all the time it'd be easier to believe. But now especially with him being in Washington, no one really knows.

Somewhat tangential, but some may find this Powell-related discussion of interest...

http://mormonmatters.org/2009/12/24...matum-get-active-or-im-leaving-with-the-kids/

Thanks for the link Rayo. You are right, it is an interesting discussion. Many, many pages ago, here in this thread, I tried to bring up the same questions - but it didn't fly.

I'm destine to always wonder how the folks here (i.e. women) feel about an ultimatum that includes; "I’m Leaving With the Kids".

Thanks for the link Rayo. You are right, it is an interesting discussion. Many, many pages ago, here in this thread, I tried to bring up the same questions - but it didn't fly.

I'm destine to always wonder how the folks here (i.e. women) feel about an ultimatum that includes; "I’m Leaving With the Kids".

Really it means nothing at all. There are a million different reason women give for leaving a man. We know there were a lot of problems in the marriage.

Only a monster would think it would justify killing his wife over it.

Really it means nothing at all. There are a million different reason women give for leaving a man. We know there were a lot of problems in the marriage.

Only a monster would think it would justify killing his wife over it.

Huh? What? Are you saying an ultimatum that includes "I'm leaving with the kids" - "Really it means nothing at all"?

Very interesting.

I am told that Josh made his own lease because it is not a normal lease. They have certain provisions in it such as, if Susan comes back, they have to move out, etc.

(IMO, he is just including that in the lease so he doesn't look guilty and is actually expecting her to come back alive and well)

JP could have been working on writing up the lease the entire time he was up in Puyallup, Washington living at his father's house while his boys played nearby. Why is it he waited until he came to West Valley City? He could have e-mailed the document to himself to edit and/or print out after he arrived. Spending the day with John Hellewell is just one more day that he could have spent with his boys!

He can rent a car for 24 hours to drive hundreds of miles to who knows where but can't rent a car to drive for 14 hours from Puyallup to West Valley City to bring the boys with him so they could see their friends and relatives they've known all their lives? Why didn't he bring the boys? Is it because he's worried to death someone will ask them questions and learn what really happened to Susan or they'll blurt out something that will implicate him as being responsible for Susan's death or disappearance?

JP wakes up his boys in the middle of the night to take them camping out in the middle of nowhere during subfreezing temperatures with a severe storm on the way to test a new generator he could have tested in his own driveway so they can "have some fun making S'Moures". (Pancakes for dinner and S'Moures for breakfast?) Don't you think the boys would think it would be much more fun to play with Kiirsi and John's kids and see their cousins in a warm house? (This guy's idea of fun is quite baffling to me!)

I wonder if JP has built himself up to be a hero by telling the boys something like: "You are so lucky to have a good daddy like me because I saved you from being kidnapped by the bad guy who took your mommy! If I hadn't taken you camping, he would have taken you too!" :banghead:

Maybe we should start a new thread. Or rather then a new thread, maybe we should start breaking things down into topics, so that it can easily be located in the future.

I read anyone can start a thread, but I have no idea how to do it.

So, if you are reading this and you are a moderator, could you lock this thread and start a new page?

Nothing to me, but this is message #1379, and the posts in this topic's thread have been kept at around 1,000 (except the last one.)

Sorry for the meddling in this, I just have nothing better to do today.

Thanks.
:)

Any idea why he had to use their computer to draw it up?

Now that freaking cracks me up. If a renter did not know about Susan before they sure will before they sign on the dotted line. Good luck with that Josh.

Oh good grief! But of course! He has to include a provision about the lease being terminated if Susan comes back! Oh brother! I wonder who came up with that brilliant idea? Mr. S'Moure Graham Marshmallow really is outdoing himself this time! I won't be surprised if "The Susan Clause" is covered by the national media.

Can you hear potential renters reading the lease then conversating about it?

Husband: I think we should take it.

Wife: No, absolutely not! How could you want to live in that home after what probably happened there?

Husband: The rent is cheap! That's why we came to check it out, remember? Plus the living room has new carpet, the basement has just been upgraded with drywall and he just finished the deck!

Wife: But the guy is a weirdo!

Husband: He won't be around! We won't have to worry about him! He lives in Washington!

Wife: But what about the part that we have to move out if his wife is found alive?

Husband: What planet are you living on?

Wife: Well he said that she will probably come back and ............

Husband: If he really thought she was coming back he wouldn't have moved out in the first place!

Wife: That is sort of strange!

Husband: The lease does provide the option to buy if his wife is found dead!

Wife: But what if she isn't? What if she just left to get away from him for awhile, to take a break?

Husband: We still don't have to worry because she would NEVER want to live here with him! The guy is delusional!

Wife: Why do you say that?

Husband: Give me a break! Hello? Women are so dense! Isn't it obvious?

Wife: I don't appreciate you using that tone with me. Ever since I suffered from that head injury my thinking has been a little difficult but you don't have to make fun of me! You are starting to really piss me off!

Husband: (Snickering and trying to hold back a belly laugh): Let me ask you this!

Wife: What now? And you'd better knock it off or I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore!

Husband: Honey, I'm sorry but sometimes you ........

Wife: What! Just tell me!

Husband: (Really laughing hard now): Think about it!

Wife: That's it. I'm done, done, done, done and done! End of conversation!

Husband: Honey, I'm sorry. Let me explain. It's all very simple.

Wife: What then? And you'd better quit laughing this minute!

Husband: (Takes several deep breaths and gets serious): Would YOU come back to live with ME if you disappeared and I NEVER looked for you? Would you come back to live with me if I packed up our entire household and moved 14 hours away one month after you disappeared? Would you come back to live with me when I wouldn't even get on TV to plead for you to come home or for whomever had you to let you go? Would YOU come back to live with me if I was a web site designer and I never even made a fricking website to spread the word about the fact you were missing? Would you come back if I wouldn't let your parents see our children even though we had moved to the same town? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Wife: I didn't think about that! Now I'm ticked off at you for making me go see the house with that guy. He gives me the creeps and I don't ever want to be near him again or live in that house! You think you are so smart yet you want to lease with the option to buy from someone who probably murdered his wife? Who is the dumbbell here? YOU! You try to convince me why we should lease this house and now I'm scared to death to even go near it! Who knows, the guy might come in the middle of the night and do the same thing to me he did to his wife!

Husband: Oh come on! The guy isn't all that bad! You don't have anything to worry about! I'll protect you! Plus, you weigh 500 pounds and he could never stuff you in his van and get rid of your body so we're safe there!

Wife: You are the biggest @#$%^&*% I've ever met!

Husband: We'll it's true!

Wife: If you want to lease it, you will be living there alone and having weekend visitations with our children!

Husband: But the neighbors are all so nice! Look at how they all came together and helped him pack up his house so he could move to Washington!

Wife: Now YOU are the IDIOT! The only reason they helped him was because they wanted him GONE! Give me a break!

(If you want to add to this conversation between this husband and wife, feel free! Lol! I've come to a dead end!)

The end.

JP wakes up his boys in the middle of the night to take them camping out in the middle of nowhere during subfreezing temperatures with a severe storm on the way to test a new generator he could have tested in his own driveway so they can "have some fun making S'Moures". (Pancakes for dinner and S'Moures for breakfast?) Don't you think the boys would think it would be much more fun to play with Kiirsi and John's kids and see their cousins in a warm house? (This guy's idea of fun is quite baffling to me!)

BBM

Don't forget he also tried to get the boys to stay home from church that day by bribing them with cake!

Yep. Daddy of the Year!!

Good job. I'll just add this.

Wife: "Hey, wait a minute, honey. What is this huge box over here?"

Husband: "Hey, I don't think we should look at that. Maybe we should call the police."

Wife: "Come on. Don't be a baby. Let's see what's in there."

Husband: "Okay, I guess. You open it, though."

Wife: "Are you serious? What happened to the adventurous man I married?""

(She nervously opens the top of the box.)

Wife: "Oh my gosh!"

Husband: "Is that what it looks like?"

Wife: "I don't know what else it could be. I've never seen anything like it."

Husband: "Me, either. There must be 50,000 of them here!"

Wife: "My eyes are burning!"

Husband: "Stop looking at it!"

Wife: "Who on earth has 50,000 refrigerator magnets with their own picture on them?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo