UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go after anyone you want - for me, I'll focus on the real perps and do what I can to prove them both murderers.

Also, I think Nate's mom will make an excellent witness for the prosecution. Also, I was informed it was the police who were told about a peanut allergy. We don't know what she was told and we don't know if that's the first time she ever saw Ethan. Do you know? Most people have no idea what a peanut allergy looks like, I only know because as a pharmacist, allergies and the symptoms that go along with them is/are always on my mind and I am keenly aware of them. Not everybody is. I understand people's need to go after Nate's mom, and until she is named as a POI, I chose to leave her out of my perp pic. MOO MHO and all that stuff

She injected herself into this when she claimed Ethan was ok on the date we have photographic evidence of the brutality that had already commenced. And please see nursie's post regarding the coloration and age of bruising and why she and most of us believe those injuries occurred long before that photo was taken. IMO, the prosecutor doesn't need her as an 'excellent witness'... and what sort of 'excellent witness' would she be if she thinks THAT is an "allergic reaction"?

As a nurse, I know what allergic reactions look like too. I also know that anyone with an IQ above 30 could look at that child and tell he had been severely beaten. If 's mother WAS there on that day, and DID see Ethan and STILL wants to claim he was a-ok, then she needs to be institutionalized for her own protection and safety, because she's clearly too stupid be allowed out in public. And furthermore, I have faith that Mr. Rawlings and his staff can multi-task quite well. Personally, I want to know if there is any chance whatsoever that NS's mom could be considered a mandated reporter. Any chance at all. But even so, she needs to get seriously questioned and if it turns out she was there and did not notify police, charge her.

JMO, etc.

That must be so emotional. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Ethan has touched so many hearts. I just wish I could turn back time and keep him safe.

It was so hard. :( My 7 year old even cried.

ITA. I think there came a point in time where NS and SS knew there was no going back. And they made the conscious decision to let Ethan die or finish him off.

IMO, they decided they had to kill him; they'd been putting off Joe with his calls and had to know they couldn't do that any longer. I think this is why they also plotted the ruse that Ethan "ran away" long before he died. IMO.

This morning I contacted Macy's Dept Store. Some here may not be aware that S & N were on their wedding registry (had many items picked out that they were hoping to have for wedding gifts, lots of crystal plus other high end items) I told them that they may not be wanting this couple as part of their registy considering what they did.
Tonight when I got home from work I had an email from someone in their customer service thanking me for contacting them and they would look into this sensitive matter.

I'm happy to say that now S & N are no longer listed on their registry.

I know this isn't changing a thing, but it just upset me to see them listed there like they were some normal happy couple.

VB

Good job!

Bed bath and beyond needs to be contacted too. I guess it will have to be on Monday.

Maybe their lawyers are under the impression that the public's anger and disgust about the killing of Ethan Stacey by his self-absorbed mother and stepfather will subside by May 28. I don't think it will ever subside. Not for me anyway. Not for most of us.

They agreed to waive bail because they know on the outside they'd likely not survive until the next court date.

I watched the entire press conference. I'd had a glimmer of hope after reading comments about Mr. Rawlings by locals. When I received such a quick reply to my email (and one that indicated that they had read it) saying "We're on it", that glimmer of hope burned a little brighter.

After watching him at this press conference, I feel for the first time since this horror began like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Ethan and Joe and Michelle and her boys and all those who loved that little boy have one hell of a guy fighting in their corner. Mr. Rawlings is going to nail those two monsters to the wall. I have a new hero.

One thing Mr. Rawlings mentioned in the press conference how people from all over Utah and the country have notified his office, wanting to do something, anything, for Ethan's family. I agree, I feel that need too.

I also feel the need to do something for these amazing men and women who were able to solve this case so stunningly fast, and have worked round-the-clock to make certain these charges will stick, and who had to witness first-hand the brutality Ethan endured, both in the last days of his short life and after he was dead... and who have to face the monsters who killed Ethan, knowing they have to protect them and assure they are treated fairly. Somehow "thank you" is just not enough.

I watched the entire press conference. I'd had a glimmer of hope after reading comments about Mr. Rawlings by locals. When I received such a quick reply to my email (and one that indicated that they had read it) saying "We're on it", that glimmer of hope burned a little brighter.

After watching him at this press conference, I feel for the first time since this horror began like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Ethan and Joe and Michelle and her boys and all those who loved that little boy have one hell of a guy fighting in their corner. Mr. Rawlings is going to nail those two monsters to the wall. I have a new hero.

Isn't he wonderful? I'm so glad Ethan's got him on his side.

Isn't he wonderful? I'm so glad Ethan's got him on his side.

You know, he looks so mild-mannered and unassuming; quiet and polite and calm ... but looks can be deceiving. Ol' bad-boy Nater Bean probably looked at him and smirked. I suspect Mr. Rawlings' mild-mannered demeanor hides a veritable pit bull when it comes to prosecuting criminals, and especially ones that harm children.

The only slip... and it was brief and subtle... was when Mr. Rawlings commented on how, while NORMAL people were going about their lives, caring for their children and celebrating mother's day, these two monsters were brutalizing and killing a 4 year old boy. At that point you could see the anger bubble a bit to the surface. It wasn't lost on me that he mentioned Ethan being a visitor, implying that his father had sent his child to their community trusting he would return home safe. I think for him that adds even more determination to get this done and do it right.

If, God forbid, I or my loved ones were ever a victim of a crime, I would hope to have someone like Mr. Rawlings on my side. On the other hand, if I were a suspect in a crime, I would be terrified to know he was coming after me.

She injected herself into this when she claimed Ethan was ok on the date we have photographic evidence of the brutality that had already commenced. And please see nursie's post regarding the coloration and age of bruising and why she and most of us believe those injuries occurred long before that photo was taken. IMO, the prosecutor doesn't need her as an 'excellent witness'... and what sort of 'excellent witness' would she be if she thinks THAT is an "allergic reaction"?

As a nurse, I know what allergic reactions look like too. I also know that anyone with an IQ above 30 could look at that child and tell he had been severely beaten. If 's mother WAS there on that day, and DID see Ethan and STILL wants to claim he was a-ok, then she needs to be institutionalized for her own protection and safety, because she's clearly too stupid be allowed out in public. And furthermore, I have faith that Mr. Rawlings and his staff can multi-task quite well. Personally, I want to know if there is any chance whatsoever that NS's mom could be considered a mandated reporter. Any chance at all. But even so, she needs to get seriously questioned and if it turns out she was there and did not notify police, charge her.

JMO, etc.

I try to read all the posts on this thread so people don't have to keep repeating themselves. I responded to nurses' post and am very much aware of the bruising and the time she took to educate those who are not medically oriented. I find your suggestion that people with an IQ over 30 should know all about allergies, especially peanut allergies, to be very condescending and I completely disagree with you. I have always found that people appreciate professionals who take the time to educate, I know I always do. moo

We don't know if Nate's mom ever met Ethan before this visit or if she even met him at all this time. What we do know is that she visited with two psychopathic liars who could have told her anything at all about the bruising o Ethan. Maybe she was told he fell on the plane, or fell off his bike, or lost his glasses and ran into the TV, or got into a fight with another child...we don't know and I can only imagine what her son and Stephanie may have told her.

Aside from all that, as I already have said, I choose to focus on the real perps, I usually do, and do what I can do to make sure they are charged with murder, that's why I put together that horrendous time-line. As I have said, I understand why yourself and others have a need to go after Nate's mom, but please leave me out of it. As I have said, she has not been named a POI or even mentioned by LE and, for now, I choose to leave her out of my perp list. Perhaps that will change, but for now, please allow me to do what I always do, that is to focus on the real perps in this case. Thanks in advance.

Last comment to you on this, promise.

I find your suggestion that people with an IQ over 30 should know all about allergies, especially peanut allergies, to be very condescending

That's not what I said.

"I also know that anyone with an IQ above 30 could look at that child and tell he had been severely beaten."

And I'll add that anyone with an IQ above 30 would know that his injuries were not due to the scenarios you mention.

Go after 's mom? Damn straight. If she was telling the truth and saw him that day, then applicable charges need to be filed against her. If you want to give her a pass, that's your prerogative.

I want to hear what the demeanor of SS and NS was at the courthouse when they got married - knowing they had locked up a critically injured child!:furious:
I'm sure investigators have interviewed the clerks and Justice of the Peace who were there! Wonder if SS took any wedding pictures on her cell phone to memorialize the event?:furious:

I want to hear what the demeanor of SS and NS was at the courthouse when they got married - knowing they had locked up a critically injured child!:furious:
I'm sure investigators have interviewed the clerks and Justice of the Peace who were there! Wonder if SS took any wedding pictures on her cell phone to memorialize the event?:furious:

The day after they claim he died and they brutalized his body even in death, the day they reported he "ran away", they were getting their playstation fixed and buying games. :furious:

Last comment to you on this, promise.

That's not what I said.

"I also know that anyone with an IQ above 30 could look at that child and tell he had been severely beaten."

And I'll add that anyone with an IQ above 30 would know that his injuries were not due to the scenarios you mention.

Go after 's mom? Damn straight. If she was telling the truth and saw him that day, then applicable charges need to be filed against her. If you want to give her a pass, that's your prerogative.[/QUOTE

Using a person's IQ to base 'assumption of knowledge' does not hold true, not in my profession as a pharmacist nor any profession. So thanks for your input!

I have been wondering what S and N told their relatives as a reason why they changed their wedding plans? Did they have any family with them at all when they got married? I would think N´s mother wasn´t the only one who knew Ethan was staying with them at that time. Didn´t anyone wonder where he was when her mother got married?

About N´s mother: of course she saw this coming, she knew what her son was like.

I have a brother who is a drug addict and has been in and out of prison for numerous times. When he is on drugs he can be violent, unpredictable and there is not a chance I trust anything he says. I don´t accept what he does but I love him still. When I´m tired and don´t want to talk to him and would rather just give up, I know that God loves him though I am too p***d off at that moment. But even if I love him it doesn´t change the fact that I KNOW he can do bad, evil things. When I read local news I am always prepared to find out that he´s been on business again. I honestly believe that everyone who has had a family member with drug-related psychiatric problems knows that they can do just about anything.

I am sorry if I offend someone but honestly: N´s mother should have been more observant since she knew what kind of trouble her son has had.

The is such a shocking, tragic case!! I was up to early this morning trying to catch up on this case as I spent the whole week with my sister in the hospital. I have read through the 4 threads but did so rather quickly but I didn't see these 2 thoughts mentioned:

Doesn't anyone else think that Nathan might not have just died from abusive injuries? According to SS's statement, she went to the drugstore to get an RX for NS at 0500 on the 9th and when she returned NS told her Ethan was dead. I wonder if while she was out NS went in the bedroom and actually killed the child by suffocation or some other means.

Also when thinking about their hydration attempts, where they really trying to rehydrate him or were they trying to flush some drug they had given him out of his system?

Hopeful that ME will be able to determine whether either of these are true or not.

essies, I am wondering if the courthouse has security that involves video cameras at the entrances and the common areas?

I have talked to someone who has viewed a clear copy of that grainy photo that was shown on the news of Ethan sitting next to the monster. There is no way the injury and swelling/bruising that Ethan had to face could be mistaken for a peanut allergy.

The only thing I can surmise is that Nate's mom saw Ethan before the injury that day or she is lying that Ethan "was fine".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff