LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there. There are people of all ages, including lots of young girls in skimpy costumes without their parents. I could easily see it attracting sex predators. It also ended an hour or so before Mickey's bike ride.

Yep. Which is exactly why our daughters weren't there that night, despite their passionate protests. ;)

Hello all, I am a local student at ULL who happens to live not even two blocks from which MS was last see on video. And let me say, I, a 22 year old capable male, will think twice before traveling the streets near my house. It is very sad and surreal to know that this can happen in OUR neighborhood.

I am a frequent customer at the Circle K where MS was last seen on the camera of the Consolidated Gov building. I suppose that there is another camera at the Martin & Castille funeral home on the corner of St. Mary and St. Landry. Let me just add that further passed the funeral home is in fact a conspicuous poorly lit and desolate area. The two pictures of vehicles on St. Landry appear to be the same truck to me, and if it is, then there might really be something to go on.

:welcome: Thanks for the information about what's further down the street.

I feel like I'm barging in. Been reading this eve just not been logged in.

So much progress seems to be happening since reading yesterday.I am a bit dismayed it took so long for the video surveillance to be released. I just hope a miracle can happen for Mickey and her loved ones.

Let's look at the photos again:

#1: original photo of vehicle of interest

bilde

#2: Photo described in the Advertiser article as being a different truck, a Chevrolet Z71,
driving in the same direction as Mickey.

bilde

#3: Photo of a truck, with a bed cover and tinted windows, described by the Advertiser as being the original truck,
taken at 1:51.27 at an as yet undetermined location (can any of you locals help out here?).

bilde

I think it becomes obvious as to the difference between the two trucks if you look and the angle of the center post between the front seat and back seat windows.

I wonder where photo #1 was taken. It couldn't have been from a screen grab from the video on Versailles, since the time stamp was later than the other images of Mickey.

I don't see time stamps on the first two pics (which I believe is the same truck, w/o a bed cover).

Upon closer inspection, that sedan might be full-size RWD Cadillac Brougham.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Brougham"]Cadillac Brougham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

If it is, those cars are HUGE on the inside, you could def. fit a bike in the backseat, maybe even in the trunk.
You almost never see them anymore here in the Northeast because they a very prone to rust from road salt. But down south I bet they are still fairly common.

I feel like I'm barging in Been reading this eve just not been logged in.

So much progress seems to happening since reading yesterday.I am a bit dismayed it took so long for the video surveillance to be released. I just hope a miracle can happen for Mickey and her loved ones.
Welcome aboard, Coldpizza, you know as much as (or more than!) I do and I've been camped out here for days.

I don't see time stamps on the first two pics (which I believe is the same truck, w/o a bed cover).

I was thinking the same thing - I wish there were time stamps on all the photos!

Indeed, there are some pretty shady character lurking the streets, especially after hours. As a matter of fact, one morning as I woke up to ride my bike to school I realized that while I slept, someone cut through the chain that locked my bike to the staircase and stole my bike. Let's not rule out the fact that her bike remained at the crime seen and someone saw it unattended and stole it. However unlikely it is, the focus should be on the vehicle in suspicion. We cannot jump to conclusions about the truck on St. Landry being the same one in both picture. But in the latest picture, the white truck still appears to be missing a tailgate.

The bolded above---very good point.

I have been wondering why they took her bike. But it is possible they just grabbed her and left her bike behind, and then someone came along and stole it. If so, I would really hope that eventually they come forward to admit that. But if they are homeless and/ or do not read the papers or watch the news, they might not know about it, so we might never know.

Hi. Yes, I think the white truck (w/o bed cover) becomes more suspicious in that it changed directions. I'm wondering if it passed Mickey and then doubled back to abduct her.

My thoughts as well.

Anyone know which of those 2 shots were first?

Heck I don't know...those night shots really play tricks with you eyes and mind. 1 truck ... 2 trucks...difficult to tell but LE seems to think 2.

I just hope that anyone who knows someone with a truck like that is giving them old stink eye...

The article is poorly written and doesn't help to clarify anything about the vehicles.

-------------------------------------------Article from 5/26/12, 5:37PM

"The first truck drove from the area that Mickey had traveled.

It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows.

The second truck is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street.

The third vehicle is an 80's or 90's 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel."

----------------------------------------------

Useless imo.

Sorry about quoting myself here - but I believe the writer's second sentence that says, "It is evident from the new photo . . . " refers to the second truck as that's a new vehicle being introduced in the third sentence.

Could that be? Do these peeps get paid? Sorry but truck's don't drive themselves and we need to know where Mickey travelled and what road the new truck has been captured on, etc.

Upon closer inspection, that sedan might be full-size RWD Cadillac Brougham.

Cadillac Brougham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it is, those cars are HUGE on the inside, you could def. fit a bike in the backseat, maybe even in the trunk.
You almost never see them anymore here in the Northeast because they a very prone to rust from road salt. But down south I bet they are still fairly common.

I was thinking the same. The trunks of the land yachts are huge. They can easily fit a bike. A pick up can, too, of course.

do we have any idea of the location of the second still pic site? the ones that are date-timed?

Any locals have any idea where this photo was taken? It's definitely not Versailles because it's a 2-lane road and I don't see any building with posts like that on St. John or St. Landry. I'm definitely confused.

Why did they cancel the PC? A lot of this confusion could've been cleared up.

Why are there always stumbling blocks in the cases we follow and people are left guessing or speculating? Good grief.

There's a missing beautiful young lady and we have to guess when the surveillance shots were taken, whether or not it's the same truck, etc etc.

Very frustrating!

The new photo of the white truck ^^^ was taken from University Av going North just north of the intersection w/ St. Landry by the cemetery.. I went to college in Lafayette, and confirmed this on Google Maps.

Yeah, it looks like the camera may have been from Southwest Loans and Insurance (or another building in the same plaza) if that helps y'all with google mapping.

Any locals have any idea where this photo was taken? It's definitely not Versailles because it's a 2-lane road and I don't see any building with posts like that on St. John or St. Landry. I'm definitely confused.

This is the picture identified as a truck traveling in the same direction as Mickey. It has to be St. Landry, but I'm not recognizing it. Looks like a pedestrian on the sidewalk walking toward the direction of the truck.

I was on St. Landry today, I feel like I should recognize this with no problem!

This is what the article says:

Detectives have provided an updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest and the pictures of two additional vehicles that were in the area during the same time frame when Mickey Shunick was last captured on surveillance footage.

The first truck drove from the area that Mickey had traveled.

It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows.

The second truck is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street.

The third vehicle is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Detectives are interested in locating the vehicles and speaking with the occupants to obtain further information on the case.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...estigation?odyssey=mod|breaking|img|FRONTPAGE

Im not sure about the multiple quotes, will alert my post.
I was just trying to post,,,

It is plausible she was "bumped" off her bike, especially if she was being followed.

The perp bumps her, gets out as if to help her, puts her in the cab and the bike in the back. I can see this happening under a minute if not less.

This is the picture identified as a truck traveling in the same direction as Mickey. It has to be St. Landry, but I'm not recognizing it. Looks like a pedestrian on the sidewalk walking toward the direction of the truck.

I was on St. Landry today, I feel like I should recognize this with no problem!

The article says St-Landry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member