GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt kind of sick reading and hearing what was said at Cooper's funeral because it felt like LH was celebrating his death not his life.

OT: In my state there were three arrests this week for parents leaving their children in vehicles. It was extremely hot/humid all week. Luckily someone witnessed her walking away and called police immediately. check out this dads response…Blows my mind!

"The father said the whole incident was a misunderstanding and that the mother left the child because he did not want to go inside."

http://www.wfsb.com/story/25938038/mother-charged-with-leaving-child-in-car

Cooper was their child, but she was "the wife" first and "the mother" second, and had likely spent a lot of time bending to his judgement.

And I think she wasn't that submissive, she just liked to play the part (I.e. at the funeral when she said he was the "Leader of the household" and got a standing ovation!).

If she were "that submissive" she wouldn't have questioned his judgement at the police station with "Did you say too much"?

She also wouldn't have had a problem with his spending habits and their debt. The HUSBAND is the leader of the household so why would she question any of that????

Submissive wives DO NOT say those sorts of things. But if she has to go to trial I am quite sure she will say otherwise.

And I think she wasn't that submissive, she just liked to play the part (I.e. at the funeral when she said he was the "Leader of the household" and got a standing ovation!).

If she were "that submissive" she wouldn't have questioned his judgement at the police statement with "Did you say too much"?

She also wouldn't have had a problem with his spending habits and their debt.

Submissive wives DO NOT say those sorts of things. But if she has to go to trial I am quite sure she will say otherwise.

I am sure there are varying degrees of submissiveness. I almost read "did you say too much" as "did you tell him I've done this before/you've done this before"? Or even "did you tell them about your proclivities that only I know about?". Kind of a "whatever will the church people think" thing.

BBM- I'm not a fan of wild speculation either. I will make an exception on this one as well because it's obvious the wife knew Cooper had been left in the car before. I don't believe June 18th is the first time the child had been left in the car unattended. I'm thinking it happened many times before. IMO

Cooper wouldn't have had to have been left in the car prior to this for LH to have said that so knowingly. It was likely her guilty knowledge leaking out of her mouth. She knew the plan went off that day. She was trying to act shocked and surprised that he wasn't at daycare but she said the wrong

If he had left him prior intentionally, how would that be used to explain how he "accidentally forgot" and did it on a work day 30 seconds after he drove off from Chik-Fil-A? If anything him intentionally leaving him in the past would make him look even more guilty.

She knew Cooper was going to die in the car that day, and that leaked out of her mouth before she could stop it. Intentionally lying is very stressful and I'd imagine she was very anxious as she played out her part. It didn't go smoothly. If I went to daycare and my kid wasn't there I would wonder if I showed up on a day dad was picking up, or if I was LH I would actually think JRH just decided not to go to work that day. He wasn't exactly employee of the month! IMO

I'm interested in seeing the video of RH in the area of where he stopped the car.

I am sure there are varying degrees of submissiveness. I almost read "did you say too much" as "did you tell him I've done this before/you've done this before"? Or even "did you tell them about your proclivities that only I know about?". Kind of a "whatever will the church people think" thing.

Well if/when she is charged too, you can be sure her defense team will WANT you to think that!

Sorry but I have experienced grief, and she wasn't grieving over the loss of that baby. And she KNEW else she wouldn't have blurted out "He left him in the car!!!"

RH is not that smart obviously. I see LH as a puppet master. Not submissive at all.

Honestly, if one of my kids hadn't been at preschool on a day their dad took them, my first reaction would be "who signed them out then?" or "were they dropped off?" all the while dialing my husband's cell number to find out who had taken/picked up that I wasn't aware of. My second thought would be "I wonder if my mom/my friend/my MIL picked them up". Nowhere in my mind would be "I bet DH left them in the car".

She knew Cooper was going to die in the car that day, and that leaked out of her mouth before she could stop it. Intentionally lying is very stressful and I'd imagine she was very anxious as she played out her part.

I don't necessarily think she knew it would be THAT day. I think she knew it was coming and he "manned up"....lol....and chose the day.

OT: In my state there were three arrests this week for parents leaving their children in vehicles. It was extremely hot/humid all week. Luckily someone witnessed her walking away and called police immediately. check out this dads response…Blows my mind!

"The father said the whole incident was a misunderstanding and that the mother left the child because he did not want to go inside."

http://www.wfsb.com/story/25938038/mother-charged-with-leaving-child-in-car

Thankfully, most people are getting educated and call it in when they see a child (or a dog) left in the car.

I think LH felt like with cooper out of the way, they would be a couple again, and he wouldn't cheat. RH may have placed that idea in her head..."if only you gave me more attention, I wouldn't cheat"

Well if/when she is charged too, you can be sure her defense team will WANT you to think that!

Sorry but I have experienced grief, and she wasn't grieving over the loss of that baby. And she KNEW else she wouldn't have blurted out "He left him in the car!!!"

I think you are misunderstanding. I think she knew Cooper was in the car and didn't grieve because she KNEW they'd both done it before. Intentionally. And I think she was afraid she'd be found out for it.

Sounds to me that these two had the child very much on purpose, but the child was a lot of work and not what they imagined it was going to be.
Of course the child couldn't have been given up for adoption because their community just wouldn't understand that.
Somebody would have adopted the child in a second if given a chance.

BBM- I'm not a fan of wild speculation either. I will make an exception on this one as well because it's obvious the wife knew Cooper had been left in the car before. I don't believe June 18th is the first time the child had been left in the car unattended. I'm thinking it happened many times before. IMO

I don't agree with this idea of regularly leaving Cooper in the car, BUT....

If they had, it might explain why the car seat was set in the smaller settings. IF they had done this before, perhaps he had been able to wiggle out of his car seat. So, the car seats were switched between mom and dad's cars, and the belts were moved so he would be locked in good and tight.

I still remember him saying in interviews that he had made sure Cooper was in his seat "good and tight" - for whatever reason, it struck me odd that he made such a big deal of it. Don't we all make sure the kids are buckled in correctly before we put the car in drive?

Also, on the point of children being able to get out of their car seats - I know my grandchildren could and did. I would have to pull over off the road and make them get back in their seats so I could buckle them back in. It was frustrating then, but now, those are just funny memories. :)

I don't necessarily think she knew it would be THAT day. I think she knew it was coming and he "manned up"....lol....and chose the day.

at no time during the funeral service did she describe the last time she saw her son.......big question for me .....she knew

I think you are misunderstanding. I think she knew Cooper was in the car and didn't grieve because she KNEW they'd both done it before. Intentionally. And I think she was afraid she'd be found out for it.

I very much doubt it, because both of them admitted to searching how long it takes for a child to die if left in a car.
So they knew full well you can't leave a child in the car (unless you want this child dead).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong