Identified! OH - Hebron, WhtFem 561UFOH, 25-40, behind I-70 truck stop, Apr'90 - Patrice Corley

Thank you for your imput regarding Gloria Fedyshyn everyone. I went ahead and sent the possible match into Elizabeth Murray (the contact listed at Namus.) She responded that Gloria looked like a "promising" lead and that she would keep me informed.
I'm really sold on their hairlines, though, I enlarged the two pictures slightly for a better comparison. See how they both have an off-center peak of hair on their right (our left) sides? (keep in mind their heads are tilted in opposite directions)

forehead.jpg

Hopefully between this submission and the other one for Linda Grimm we will find a name for this young woman soon! :praying:
Hi mortybusybody. Thanks for posting the photos. I just wanted to comment on hair lines for anyone using them of reference. Many times there is hair loss, even in the very early stages of decomp, obviously changing the the victim's normal characteristic. Also the coroner will have to shave part of the hairline to uncover and identify type of trauma.

It is not clear to me if this is the case in this UID, but what I do see in the MP is a wider, more square head and stronger facial features, particularly around the orbital/temple area.
Have you noted any similarities between this MP and the UID?

One thing that catches my attention is the vertical scar at Gloria's left temple, and there seems to be a scar in the same location for Jane Doe. They also have matching moles just above the inside corner of the left eye.

However the one thing that bothers me is that large spot at the center of the bridge of Gloria's nose that appears to be the a mole/freckle and not a temporary blemish. I see no sign of it on Jane Doe, and she doesn't appear to have enough make-up on her face to hide it if it was there.

One thing that catches my attention is the vertical scar at Gloria's left temple, and there seems to be a scar in the same location for Jane Doe. They also have matching moles just above the inside corner of the left eye.

However the one thing that bothers me is that large spot at the center of the bridge of Gloria's nose that appears to be the a mole/freckle and not a temporary blemish. I see no sign of it on Jane Doe, and she doesn't appear to have enough make-up on her face to hide it if it was there.

I do see what appears to be a scar below and outside edge of the L brow, but I do not see one at the temple. There is a vertical line from the hairline (UID down to the brow bone more visible on the L side and this is "line" is consistent with a cranial indentation that is a normal characteristic of her head shape. This can be explained better alongside the two other photos of Gramm who has this prominent rounded head formation.
I do see the mole (center bridge) of the MP and as you stated does not appear to be a temporary blemish and it concerns me as does the mark under the MP's brow.
----------------------------------------------------------------

***Sorry to get off topic here, but I need to say I received a ruling this morning (higher and more strict than our courts) that I can no longer publicly comment on or post photos or comments on deceased persons. Religious reasons too complicated to comment on. This includes missing persons. I have been searching for the missing as a volunteer aside from private investigative work for a very long time and I knew I could not post anyone of my faith for public speculation. I just recently jumped off into public forums and more recently posted and commented on them. This is a ruling from my religious leader and it was made to stay within our guidelines of maintaining dignity of the deceased as well as all living persons.

So the scope of my discussion: "is to stay with family members and/or agencies involved for the purpose of resolving the issue with minimal discussion of private circumstances as well as limited and most discrete presentation of photographic material...." I am posting this so those who sincerely search for the missing and want to discuss possibilities, do not think I am ignoring their efforts or snubbing their questions or comments. I am allowed to and will post the outcome of my submission (without photos) when I receive the information form the anthropologist. I will continue to read here and comment within the boundaries I have yet to hear. My lack of input will not make a difference in the outcome here anyway. I read with much interest....

morty, you indicated you submitted the possible match of this UID with Gloria Fedyshyn back in August.

did you get any response? I don't see Gloria as a rule-out and the case is still active at Namus.

Did you ever hear back from them Snufamonbobball?
I see that Linda Grimm is on the rule out list of the UID who is now in Namus, but it doesn't say why.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4768

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent: First Name Last Name Year Of Birth State LKA
Fawn Abell 1969 Oklahoma
Ellen Akers 1966 Florida
Melissa Alaniz 1974 Texas
Angela Ambrocio 1967 Florida
Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
Gina Brooks 1975 Missouri
Peggy Case 1960 Utah
Debra Cole 1969 Indiana
Patricia Colyer 1948 Washington
Cynthia Coon 1956 Michigan
Barbara Cotton 1965 North Dakota
Rebecca Crist 1962 Virginia
Eva Debruhl 1962 South Carolina
Patricia Faulkner 1942 Georgia
Wendy Felton 1971 Indiana
Melanie Flynn 1952 Kentucky
Margaret Fox 1960 New Jersey
Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
Shannon Green 1969 Kentucky
Linda Grimm 1961 California
Jamie Grissim 1955 Washington
Clara Grunst 1963 Missouri
Joan Hall 1966 Oregon
Margaret Holst 1958 Nebraska
Rebecca Kellison 1954 Colorado
Kimberly King 1966 Michigan
Charlotte Kinsey 1968 Oklahoma
Nancy Kirkpatrick 1960 Montana
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Tereasa Knuth 1958 Colorado
Tracy Kroh 1972 Pennsylvania
Vicke Lamberton 1949 Massachusetts
Annabelle Ludwig 1941 Ohio
Lynn Luray 1948 California
Aleca Manning 1952 Arizona
Carolyn Martin 1957 Michigan
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Tammie McCormick 1972 New York
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Deborah Meyer 1958 Wyoming
Christine Miller 1958 Oklahoma
Georgia Nolan 1946 Kentucky
Kimberly Norwood 1976 Texas
Nancy O'Sullivan 1959 Illinois
Jeanne Overstreet 1963 Arizona
Jennifer Pandos 1971 Virginia
Laurie Partridge 1957 Washington
Babette Phillips 1959 Louisiana
Madeline Ponds 1969 Mississippi
Kathryn Quackenbush 1964 Maryland
Deborah Quimby 1963 Massachusetts
Angela Rader 1962 Virginia
Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
Donnis Redman 1943 California
ROBBIN RICCI 1964 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
Faye Self 1956 Louisiana
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
Cindy Smith 1960 Florida
Karen Spencer 1972 Ohio
Kimberly Thompson 1961 Illinois
Edna Thorne 1960 Pennsylvania
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Doreen Vincent 1975 Connecticut
Lisa White 1961 Connecticut
April Zane 1960 Illinois

Kudos for them for not giving up and following up on many possibilities.

Last I was told, they wanted to know if I had any information regarding surviving relatives of Ms. Grimm for DNA testing. I gave them all the info I had, and the ME told me they would be entering exclusions into NamUs.

Every rule out is one name closer to MATCH!!

A good possible match is being looked at in this case. Just working on dna.

Wow- this is the 1st time I've seen her post-mortem. Linda Grimm wouldn't have even entered into my radar!

I like your possible match of Gloria by the way.

I've been studying the pictures of Gloria and the UID woman and I see a lot of eerie similarities. The other thing too is that the quality of the picture of Gloria is not as good as the quality of the picture of the UID in terms of clarity and sharpness. That could be the reason someone couldn't see all of the birthmarks/scars on Gloria's face in comparison to the UID. This could be especially true if they are light freckles as the UID appears to have some on her cheeks.

But for the marks I can see, a lot of them seem to match up.

And in terms of hair color, Gloria's hair is listed as blonde and the UID woman's as brown with a red tint. But it also could also be dyed that color.

And my opinion on the scar that appears below the left eyebrow of the UID is that if you look at Gloria's picture, a lock of her hair seems to be covering the exact area where the scar would have appeared.

*************************A note of interest that I just found*****************

In Gloria's Doe Network profile, it says that
Fedyshyn was involved in the sex trade and had tendencies toward drug abuse when she went missing.

I found an interesting article from Unsolved.com discussing a serial killer from Ohio who was murdering prostitutes. Authorities believe this UID woman was his first victim. The link to the article is here:

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mur_prostitute_serial_killer.htm

What do you guys think of Gloria Fedyshyn as a possible match?

Doe Network:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1263dfbc.html

I thought they looked eerily similar and the age, height and involvement in the sex trade all fit with the UID. The two only negatives are:
1) the distance from Vancouver to Ohio (though if she was frequenting truck stops she could have been traveling)
2) Some reports say she went missing in January 1993 (though they still list her missing age as 27, so with a birth-date of Aug. 1962 she would have been 27 in January 1990)

I attached a photo of the post mortem pic next to a pic of Gloria, hopefully it works. *WARNING POST MORTEM PICTURE IN ATTACHMENT BELOW*

I thought the bridge of the nose, the shape of the face and the eyebrows were spot on, plus what I can see of the hairline looks similar. Your input is appreciated.

I missed this thread last year when you posted about Gloria Fedyshyn being a possible match. (I think I was on vacation)... Anywho... wow I must say! I would really be surprised if this weren't a match! The dates are off, but I have seen that wrong before also.

I agree that it is very possible that 1993 is wrong. She supposedly was last seen in 1993 but was not reported missing until 2002. That is a gap of 9 years. I wonder what the reason was that they waiting so long and who it was that actually reported her missing. I think after a gap of time like that it would not be unreasonable to think that an eyewitness could be off by a few years. That could be especially true if the person was not particularly close to Gloria. I can think back to people I've run into on occasion. If you asked me when I saw them, I could think it was 2002 when it actually was 1999.

other than the distance from British Columbia to Ohio, Gloria has everything going for her in terms of being a match. the hair color does not bother me. I suspect most people with brown eyes do not have naturally blonde hair and if Gloria was literally on the road for 4 months, I doubt dyeing her hair was a priority.

I know it's probably much too soon, but was there any updates with this?

Hoping almost anytime. They expedited the dna . I am in contact with the family of the possible match and they will call me when they hear something.

I don't know if anyone already pointed this out, but I think the Postmortem might be transposed... notice that if you flip it horizontally the scar on her cheek lines up perfectly to Gloria's. I can't figure out how to show the overlays, but I also noticed that more of the moles line up when the PM is flipped.

I don't think that's a scar on her cheek, but rather, a crease from postmortem sagging. There is no mention of a scar on her NamUs page. While that is not definitive (important info is omitted all the time), they do mention the moles on each side of the bridge of her nose. One would think that if there was a scar that large, it would be mentioned along with the moles.

It appears that Gloria has a small mole at the crease of her right eyelid near the nose. But while that blemish is pretty close to the two moles on the Jane Doe, it doesn't exactly match up to either one, regardless of whether or not the photo is transposed.

Moles on the UID that aren't on the MP aren't a problem. People can develop moles over time. But moles on the MP that aren't on the UID are more of a problem because although they can be removed, they don't typically disappear by themselves.

Moles can develop very quickly during pregnancy...
That divot in Gloria's cheek is what I am noticing, more so than the UID. It looks very much like a similar divot my childhood friend had in one cheek after her cheek muscle was injured, but there was no scar. just a very pronounced dimple.

One more note, when I was making a reconstruction foe this UID I noticed that the postmortem appears to be retouched slightly, which may explain a transposed image and some moles wiped out unintentionally?

Marks on the UID's face could also be from beating. If I am not mistaken, didn't she die from blunt force injuries to the face and neck?

And it also seems the quality of the MP photo appears grainy. That may account for marks seemingly appearing or not appearing to match up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back