Problem with last page# of a thread

Cazzie

This is love
Reaction score
Since yesterday or day before, the "last page#" seems to be off.

While in a thread, clicking the page number of the last page takes me to the second-to-last page# shown. While in "New Posts" or UserCP, clicking the "go to last post" arrow, same results. Even manually changing the URL to the last page# shown, same results.

It just keeps showing that there's another page# than the second-to-last one that I'm viewing.

It has happened on several threads. I noticed it repeatedly in the Lisa Irwin Missing! forum. 2 of several threads are:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153505&page=46#post7374821 (at the time, 47 was the last page)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151916&page=23 (at the time, 24 was the last page)

I've changed my Options in UserCP several times (for number of posts per page, even using "Forum Default") and keep getting the same erroneous results. I've noticed this problem in the past but not for a while until recently.

TIA for any assistance with this... :)

ETA: just noticed this

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151916&page=23#post7374879

The mouse-over on page#s and "show/showing results" doesn't match what's being displayed

Hard to document while people are actively posting to the thread, tho....

I've had a similar problem, in which I cannot view the last page. It just appears blank.

Me too and I hate that I can't view that last page because I know there is something posted there that will answer all my questions and solve a few cases.....

Me too and I hate that I can't view that last page because I know there is something posted there that will answer all my questions and solve a few cases.....
LOL...I feel the same way ;) but not really...it's a technical glitch...

Those of us who treasure time just don't want to waste it by clicking and seeing the previous page....after all, there is real life calling... ;)

I'm pretty sure the reason we can't go to the last page of the thread is because it's blank. I'm reading the "Police say parents are not answering vital questions". I'm on page 27. There are 29 pages, but I can't go on page 28 or 29. However, the last comment on page 27 is at 10:50. It's 10:56, so unless there's been 50-100 posts in 6 minutes, I think those pages are blank.

Also, when I refreshed the page, a new comment appeared at the bottom of Page 27, even though it says that the new comment should be on Page 29.

As it was explained to me, when numerous posts have to be deleted due to TOS violations, it alters how the pages appear. Once the system has an auto update it will rectify itself. As long as everyone follows the TOS the problem will stay away.

As it was explained to me, when numerous posts have to be deleted due to TOS violations, it alters how the pages appear. Once the system has an auto update it will rectify itself. As long as everyone follows the TOS the problem will stay away.

We have had posts removed or even moved to another thread for many years yet the past instances are the first I recall that this has happened.

It's not just the one thread and I did post on the thread that you are talking about and it went on page 32 even though it was still showing that there is a 33 and 34.

On the search thread there is a page 14 but the last one I can see is 13.

*wags fingers and makes sounds of the twilight theme song*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back