was Deb's brother there that night ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I just don't see anything exceptional about it. When young people leave home I would think they want to be independent. Maybe if your parents are paying for your place while you are in college, or if you HAVE to share a place with roomates due to finances. But given the choice of rooming with one or more other people, or having a place to yourself, I would think having your OWN space would be preferable. You can go visit your friends, go to nightclubs, shopping, etc. and get all the social time you need. Or heck, have a party at YOUR place, invite your friends.

As for rent, I don't know about KC. Here in my area, you can rent a 3-4 bedroom house for $600. A REALLY nice house (updated, garage, new appliances, etc.) would be a max of maybe $1200, but I'm talking a very nice home. In my area, anyways.
Heck, you can buy a house here for 20k. Not a great one, but not horrible. The forclosure across the street from me just sold for 13k, and it is not even a "dump".

:thud:

Not that JI seems all that warm and fuzzy, but if my baby were kidnapped in the middle of the night, I'd definitely want to be with my own parents and I know they would want to be parents and protect me....but that's just me, everyone is different - that family has a very odd dynamic.

That's an understatement! :truce:

I was out on my own by my choosing at age 17, moved half way across the country and was renting a home near a beach by age 19. I see nothing odd if PN is renting or owns a home, and it's not criminal to do so although some make it sound as if it is.

I guess I look at renting a home as a major responsibility with a lot of work. I don't see teens and single males under age 21 wanting to take that on. But apparently, I don't know wth I'm talking about because many here are telling me it is the norm for them to do so.

It may be...but not in the Bay Area, LA and not in New York, New Jersey, etc.

Where I live getting married happens around 30 years....and buying a home is really difficult unless you have parents that can help you...or you lived with them, worked and saved every penny for ten years.

Many, many people rent here and it is expensive. There aren't enough respirators here for me to post the rent expense nor the cost of a home.

I guess I look at renting a home as a major responsibility with a lot of work. I don't see teens and single males wanting to take that on. But apparently, I don't know wth I'm talking about because many here are telling me it is the norm for them to do so.

Not the norm here either. Most 20 yr. old men and women are just 1/2 through college or beginning a career. It's a buyers market right now, so maybe more young people are buying for investment, but it's certainly not the "norm" regardless of what they have to put down.

Nobody is saying it's criminal to rent a house at the age of 20. IMO, it is not the norm if you are a single young man...and alone.

Yes, every family is different. I am closer to my sisters than my parents. Not that I don't love them. But I have never been much of a "I need my mommy" type of person. I'm just not that way. Also, remember that DB and her siblings lost their mother at a very young age. This does indeed change the family dynamic. If DB's father is not a "warm and fuzzy" type, they may gravitate to each other rather than him. And as far as JI's parents, well they had never even met Lisa, doesn't sound like they were very close.

I stopped calling my mother "mommy" 40 years ago, but I still need my mother, I value and appreciate her . Just today I called her about something I wanted to share. Like I said, everyone is different. You're exactly right about PN and DB, they are extremely close.

Perhaps it is a regional thing. Being from the midwest, it doesn't seem odd to me at all.

Nobody is saying it's criminal to rent a house at the age of 20. IMO, it is not the norm if you are a single young man...and alone.

I could have sworn I read somewhere PN was staying in the RV behind the house at some point. I'll see if I can find that.

Hmmmm.

If this is not allowed please tell me. Found page in which SB states she is an orphan. Very odd.

She lives with her mother. How can a 20 something be an orphan?

Sorry, I just don't see anything exceptional about it. When young people leave home I would think they want to be independent. Maybe if your parents are paying for your place while you are in college, or if you HAVE to share a place with roomates due to finances. But given the choice of rooming with one or more other people, or having a place to yourself, I would think having your OWN space would be preferable. You can go visit your friends, go to nightclubs, shopping, etc. and get all the social time you need. Or heck, have a party at YOUR place, invite your friends.

As for rent, I don't know about KC. Here in my area, you can rent a 3-4 bedroom house for $600. A REALLY nice house (updated, garage, new appliances, etc.) would be a max of maybe $1200, but I'm talking a very nice home. In my area, anyways.
Heck, you can buy a house here for 20k. Not a great one, but not horrible. The forclosure across the street from me just sold for 13k, and it is not even a "dump".

Wow, you're not kidding - here's a house, built in 1924 (did they have indoor terlets?), and is only $12,000 - $77 per month!

http://www.trulia.com/property/3005067508-4326-Cleveland-Ave-Kansas-City-MO-64130

She lives with her mother. How can a 20 something be an orphan?

Don't ask me. Was page put up when SB had child and she filled out online survey. If you find it, has pictures in hospital.

Having lived in the midwest for a period of time, specifically Missouri (not KC though), I can tell you that the standard of living is very low, this also lends itself to houses. In many parts of that state for example, a person making 30,000 a year salary is considered doing 'well' if they don't have a lot of debt. This was a shock to the system for me because I did come from a big city (NY) and it floored me how much cheaper everything was. My first apartment in MO (granted it was in a smaller town) cost $500 a month, it was a 2 bedroom duplex apartment, not small by any means.

I don't want to keep on the whole mortgage thing because to me it's completely irrelevant to BL, but you can get an FHA loan with as little as 3.5% down.

The whole thing about PN is that we know he was there that night. He took DB to the store and he returned her from the store. Was he there before they left? Did he stay after they arrived home? And if so, for how long? I don't believe we have ever heard what PN's alibi for that night was. We have heard just about everybody else's, why not his?

About the house on Waldron, PN's name never comes up attached to that house. Everything comes up as the Lister address and now the new ticket comes up under his brother's address. Early on the Waldron address came up attached to a relative. That has since been scrubbed. Why? Does PN live there now? Maybe according to a local, but I am sure he is not the sole renter of that house. If you look at the GMA Halloween video you will see a wedding picture on the mantle. . .along with candles, vases and some flower arrangements. I highly doubt this is a house rented by a 20 yr old male. Now does he live there with the relative? Maybe. Is that relative the renter of that house? I believe so. So why all the deception?

The whole thing about PN is that we know he was there that night. He took DB to the store and he returned her from the store. Was he there before they left? Did he stay after they arrived home? And if so, for how long? I don't believe we have ever heard what PN's alibi for that night was. We have heard just about everybody else's, why not his?

About the house on Waldron, PN's name never comes up attached to that house. Everything comes up as the Lister address and now the new ticket comes up under his brother's address. Early on the Waldron address came up attached to a relative. That has since been scrubbed. Why? Does PN live there now? Maybe according to a local, but I am sure he is not the sole renter of that house. If you look at the GMA Halloween video you will see a wedding picture on the mantle. . .along with candles, vases and some flower arrangements. I highly doubt this is a house rented by a 20 yr old male. Now does he live there with the relative? Maybe. Is that relative the renter of that house? I believe so. So why all the deception?

I don't necessarily think that PN taking DB to and from the store makes him "be there" that night. He wouldn't necessarily have gone into the home.

Also, my general thought on this is that PN lives with whatever relative lets him stay for free and goes between them and friends...wherever he can go for cheap. I'm not saying that a 20 year old couldn't own a house because my daughter's ex boyfriend bought a NICE house when he was 19. I remember thinking that it was really a good sign that a kid this age would be responsible enough to do such a thing. But, for whatever reason, I don't think that PN owned a house.

I believe he's being brought up here for two reasons like you said, he took DB to the store and he's her brother. That's it. Shane also visited the women that night but nobody has any questions about his whereabouts. If there is no evidence or information that PN was there in the evening hours, why is where he lives, how he can afford the place he stays, etc., relevant?

I can only go by LE in this case. LE has never given any indication that they felt that PN played some sort of role or was present in the house after BL was last seen. I assume this from comments they had made in the early going, reports from JS and also from RR.

I believe he's being brought up here for two reasons like you said, he took DB to the store and he's her brother. That's it. Shane also visited the women that night but nobody has any questions about his whereabouts. If there is no evidence or information that PN was there in the evening hours, why is where he lives, how he can afford the place he stays, etc., relevant?

I can only go by LE in this case. LE has never given any indication that they felt that PN played some sort of role or was present in the house after BL was last seen. I assume this from comments they had made in the early going, reports from JS and also from RR.

LE has said that they need to speak to DB and JI and have questions about who was there that night. I thinks it's valid to ask if PN was there and that might be someone LE needs clarification on. We know he drove to the house. Did he go in?

The other reason I'm interested in PN is because LE questioned him again after the search warrant was executed. It makes me wonder what LE needed to ask him. PN went in voluntarily. But I still think it's fair to question what that was all about.

It doesn't imply that PN is guilty, involved, etc. But it does raise questions. Like I said, he is the only one that we know of being at the house on Lister who we haven't heard many details about his albi for that night. Did he work? Was he with friends? Did he go. .wherever? Again. . .not that LE doesn't know the answers to these questions, but we have never heard anything. LE apparently had questions for him after the SW, so I think it's valid for us to wonder what those might have been and what that involved.

I guess I look at renting a home as a major responsibility with a lot of work. I don't see teens and single males under age 21 wanting to take that on. But apparently, I don't know wth I'm talking about because many here are telling me it is the norm for them to do so.

Where I live getting married happens around 30 years....and buying a home is really difficult unless you have parents that can help you...or you lived with them, worked and saved every penny for ten years.

Many, many people rent here and it is expensive. There aren't enough respirators here for me to post the rent expense nor the cost of a home.

I can only go from personal experience.

I purchased my first "modest" home at 19. In order to help with the mortgage I rented out a room and used that money to pay the mortgage down faster. I then took equity from that home and purchased another home. My son also purchased his own home. He did not require 20% down as a first time homeover. My daughter has saved the downpayment but due to medical issues has not been able to continue down the path due to a surgery.

Many of their friends have also purchased homes/townhomes/apartments as it is cheaper for the mortgage than it is for renting including utilities.

Just my experience as I watch them maturing and moving on with their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998