Rafaelle Sollicito on Anderson Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
RS talked like this before, a little more now though,

but since English is not his first language it is hard to decipher meaning from his words. One cannot interpret meaning as you would a native speaker.

I had no problem whastover deciphering his words or his meaning.

I have not heard RS speak like that before. He would always say, we both have nothing to do with this.

After seeing these subtle signs, I recall a month or two ago, a poster here (cannot recall who) had mentioned reading his "Honour Bound" book, and said something he wrote in it gave her pause:

Something about him being the reason Amanda was not sent to prison for decades, his refusal to "sell her out". She saw some very subtle threat in this - and after seeing this segment tonight, I would say she is right. I had often wondered if he was innocent and was pulled in - through love - to cover for her. And then that in itself became a crime....

I remember that conversation in the thread.

It could be something like, it was her idea, and that's why he blames her. For example, if the prank was originally her idea. You know, people have a tendency to put most blame on the person who started it, even if they were involved in it. Like, oh if she hadn't come up with that stupid idea, none of this would have ever happened. Of course, that is no excuse, but I'm just thinking what might be going through his mind.

Or, if if was an accident, if the accidental stab was done by her. That would also cause him to "blame" her.

Or, if the whole staging/cover-up was her idea.

So I think it could be any number of things like that, to where he would have also been involved, but in his mind he is putting the blame on her.

There has to be a huge part of him that blames her for the fact he's in this situation, my impression is that he doesn't think it's justified on the courts / tabloid newspapers parts, but that he thinks it's her fault, in that that she gave them so much fodder to work with. False statement / cartwheels / Foxy Knoxy etc .. PURE CONJECTURE.

I don't know, but you'd think in that case he would be like, she had nothing to do with this either.

I don't know, but you'd think in that case he would be like, she had nothing to do with this either.

I was shocked he admitted there was evidence (however little in his mind) against HER...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think RS is innocent and did not deserve that conviction. I can see the <modsnip> court has exhausted him and also lied about him being uncooperative. He will appeal and hopefully win.

If he knows AK did it, he should just say so because then that would lessen his sentence.

I think RS is innocent and did not deserve that conviction. I can see the <modsnip> court has exhausted him and also lied about him being uncooperative. He will appeal and hopefully win.

If he knows AK did it, he should just say so because then that would lessen his sentence.

Well the time to have done that would have been at the beginning of the trial, to set his defense strategy. Now it's too late as far as sentencing goes. I do believe, however, that if it gets to looking like no appeal will be granted and RS will have to head to prison and if Amanda is still free in the US at that time, I believe he will say something then. I don't think he'll take it sitting quietly that he will be in prison for 26 or whatever years, and Amanda out free.

The person everyone agrees knows the truth is Rudy. Doesn't he get out this year? Let's have him on Anderson Copper for the full hour.

Well the time to have done that would have been at the beginning of the trial, to set his defense strategy. Now it's too late as far as sentencing goes. I do believe, however, that if it gets to looking like no appeal will be granted and RS will have to head to prison and if Amanda is still free in the US at that time, I believe he will say something then. I don't think he'll take it sitting quietly that he will be in prison for 26 or whatever years, and Amanda out free.

He said that they mostly focused on Amanda, so I am confused why they convicted him, too. From the interview, he definitely feels like he is only guilty by association and that he is paying for her crimes. He is distancing himself from her, which means we may get to the truth.

It isn't too late for him to say if he knows AK murdered MK with RG. Both RS and AK will just appeal again. I don't know see why he is going to fight this for another couple of years, knowing that they'll probably find him and AK guilty. He mine as well speak out.

Is Sollecito distancing himself?

"I'm not saying that Amanda is responsible for all this situation but they focus on her and they accuse her all the time, but I have nothing to do with all these circumstances and all these accusations."

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/03/amanda-knoxs-former-boyfriend-raffaele-sollecito-speaks-out/

“Contro di me c’è un deserto probatorio, io non so cos’è accaduto quella sera ero a casa mia e non è compito mio cercare di trovare la verità su questo”

Translation: "Against me there is a desert of evidence, I do not know what happened that night I was at my house and it is not my job to try to find the truth about this"

http://www.blitzquotidiano.it/video/raffaele-sollecito-lintervista-contro-1783862/

The person everyone agrees knows the truth is Rudy. Doesn't he get out this year? Let's have him on Anderson Copper for the full hour.

We'll have to have our truth-tellin' radar on high alert. He will mix 99% fiction and 1% truth, so we'll have to be paying pretty good attention.

He is just following his lawyers attempt to separate himself from Knox IMO. Anything he says now has no effect on the final appeal. It is all too late now so I don't understand what the point is of these interviews.

I wouldn't believe him either. He too is a liar.

He said that they mostly focused on Amanda, so I am confused why they convicted him, too. From the interview, he definitely feels like he is only guilty by association and that he is paying for her crimes. He is distancing himself from her, which means we may get to the truth.

It isn't too late for him to say if he knows AK murdered MK with RG. Both RS and AK will just appeal again. I don't know see why he is going to fight this for another couple of years, knowing that they'll probably find him and AK guilty. He mine as well speak out.

We have 3 people, if we sort out the truth vs. fiction for each one, we might be able to come up with some kind of overall truth.

However I do not see Amanda ever talking. She is in it too far. Meaning, she has so many people supporting her. So many people donated to her. So many people rooted for her. So many people gave their own efforts to defend and support her. On top of that her book, on top of that her media interviews. Of course, RS has some of the same like book and media interviews, but I don't see that the support for him is as wide as it is for Amanda.

"I'm not saying that Amanda is responsible for all this situation but they focus on her and they accuse her all the time, but I have nothing to do with all these circumstances and all these accusations."

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/03/amanda-knoxs-former-boyfriend-raffaele-sollecito-speaks-out/

“Contro di me c’è un deserto probatorio, io non so cos’è accaduto quella sera ero a casa mia e non è compito mio cercare di trovare la verità su questo”

Translation: "Against me there is a desert of evidence, I do not know what happened that night I was at my house and it is not my job to try to find the truth about this"

http://www.blitzquotidiano.it/video/raffaele-sollecito-lintervista-contro-1783862/

Hmmmm...not "we"???

He is just following his lawyers attempt to separate himself from Knox IMO. Anything he says now has no effect on the final appeal. It is all too late now so I don't understand what the point is of these interviews.

I guess the point is to drum up public support, same point for Amanda with her interviews. Drum up public pressure, and possibly to drum up donations. I mean he is still going to be out free for a couple of years, might as well live it up on other people's money.

I just am finding it very interesting how he is seemingly not mentioning Rudy in this latest round of interviews. I mean, in lone-wolf, the only killer is Rudy. Why does he say things like, I was at my house and I do not know what happened and it's not my job to figure it out. If the only killer is Rudy? Meaning, if RS knows that it was not him and it was not Amanda, the only person left is Rudy. That should not be too difficult for him to figure out.

Raffaele Sollecito-
"I don't know what to think, because objectively, there's nothing against me and nothing very strong against Amanda"*

"I don't want to pay for someone else's peculiar behavior"

I don't understand the lack of mentioning RG.

"I don't want to pay for someone else's peculiar behavior"

How about I don't want to pay for a murder committed by the only killer Rudy Guede. How about some harsh words for the guy that won't tell the world youre innocent instead of blaming the courts for their focus on AK.

I just am finding it very interesting how he is seemingly not mentioning Rudy in this latest round of interviews. I mean, in lone-wolf, the only killer is Rudy. Why does he say things like, I was at my house and I do not know what happened and it's not my job to figure it out. If the only killer is Rudy? Meaning, if RS knows that it was not him and it was not Amanda, the only person left is Rudy. That should not be too difficult for him to figure out.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Absolutely - I took note of this as well!

I would question him about why he changed his story, whether Knox left that night or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752