50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice that the former employees have posted BK's info on their company web site.

This could be BK's unfortunate lookalike, Ken Minkoff...

3178326354_9f1df32a25.jpg

I say unfortunate because he could be the guy the tipsters "recognize" from the restaurant and makes me think that this is, sadly, yet another dead end.

The photo comes from here: http://blog.skihomewood.com/

cymro:
Great job finding that website and photo.
No wonder people think Ken M is Benjaman Kyle.
They do look similar!

Do we know if anyone has talked with Ken M?
Maybe he and his brother ' Ben ' moved out to CO together?

I can not believe that no one has ever listed him as missing. How can a person disappear for years and no one notice? He has to have had friends, lovers, family, landlords, employers, neighbors - somebody that knew him and noticed he was missing.

Was he a vagrant when found?

I can not believe that no one has ever listed him as missing. How can a person disappear for years and no one notice? He has to have had friends, lovers, family, landlords, employers, neighbors - somebody that knew him and noticed he was missing.

Was he a vagrant when found?
=====================================================

I think you have just expressed what everyone of us has thought about Benjaman Kyle.

It is amazing in this day and age that someone can just disappear and
no one seems to notice.
But, it has happened.
I just hope with these latest developments from CO article, that his identity will be known.

This could be BK's unfortunate lookalike, Ken Minkoff...

3178326354_9f1df32a25.jpg

I say unfortunate because he could be the guy the tipsters "recognize" from the restaurant and makes me think that this is, sadly, yet another dead end.

The photo comes from here: http://blog.skihomewood.com/[/quote]

I've thought about this too, but that doesn't explain Mr. Kyles memory of being in the Round the Corner restaurant.

If one takes a close look at the pics of Mr. Kyle and Mr KM, they appear similiar but different. Mr Kyles hands appear much larger than Mr. KM's to me based on the pics we've seen. Mr. Kyles hair is also parted on the other side. I don't think men change their hair part as often as women may.

Someone who had worked at two of the 'round the corner' restaurants in Boulder who has specific memories and names of people who they remember working in the area asked Mr. Kyle to come back and answer some questions. I sure hope he does. I know he is reluctant to answer some questions here at WS at times, from strangers - who have no ties to areas from his past-because of problems he got from a few. I PRAY he can seperate the difference between that, and make contact with that commenter elsewhere who may very well be able to come up with some names of people who can be found, contacted and shown Mr. Kyles pic and info. I HOPE he doesn't pass that opportunity by.

On a last note, man does that steak look good! Making me hungry for one. hee hee.

ETA: Even if Mr. Kyle doesn't want to answer on a forum, or maybe wants to keep some info back? for verification reasons? or even his privacy, I HOPE he or the forensic person (Colleen?) that he is working with, will make contact and give that commenter an alternative avenue to communicate directly with them.

On a last note, man does that steak look good! Making me hungry for one. hee hee.

ETA: Even if Mr. Kyle doesn't want to answer on a forum, or maybe wants to keep some info back? for verification reasons? or even his privacy, I HOPE he or the forensic person (Colleen?) that he is working with, will make contact and give that commenter an alternative avenue to communicate directly with them.

In a way I do understand Mr. Kyle's reservations in regards to his privacy, etc... But I do think his input is important, for people to keep "the story alive", it needs to be fed. Even if all Mr. Kyle has is a "I don't think that's it", it's still a little feedback to go on?

(ITA on the steak! :))

In a way I do understand Mr. Kyle's reservations in regards to his privacy, etc... But I do think his input is important, for people to keep "the story alive", it needs to be fed. Even if all Mr. Kyle has is a "I don't think that's it", it's still a little feedback to go on?

(ITA on the steak! :))

I agree. I totally understand and respect his wish for privacy. I've even commented or thought, after all these years I would selfishly be disappointed for a few minutes if he learned his identity and didn't reveal his name. Then I recalled how the tears of joy poured down many of our faces when Tawni Mazzone former Maricopa Jane Doe got her name back. I know personally, those tears of joy would fall down my face whether I ever know Mr. Kyles real name or not. Just the fact he can continue on with his life as he wishes knowing his name would be enough for me.

On another odd note, I've mentioned the possibility if he had worked as a manager in a restaurant he'd clearly have ordered glassware, stemware, paper goods, jantiorial goods. Does he recall a company that he may have done business with? A lot of the oldies- old timers in the bus' have been selling 'toilet paper' for 20+ years. (lol, selling toilet paper to make a living ;) ) I was in the bus in the Chicago area.... I might be able to find some old timers who did bus. in Colorado, but I'd need a STARTING POINT of some kind- other wise it's like looking for a needle in a haystack blindfolded without some kind of feedback/input from Mr. Kyle.

On a really odd note- we remember certain things.... odd things. For me, it is phone numbers. I can't say how many I've had or had to remember with pagers, cell phones, people moving. Telephone numbers that are still stuck in my head: My first home tele, the tele's of two of my friends parents who have been at their homes for 30+ years. I may not remember the friends change of numbers, but their parents tele's are burnt into my brain. ;) I guess it got me wondering if a telephone number stuck out in Mr Kyles head for some reason. It might be hard to trace with area code changes, and such, but worth looking into......

I guess, I am thinking there might be some small thing Mr. Kyle feels or believes is completely irrelevent which could be the key to unlocking this whole mystery.

Cubby, it's funny you mention the other companies that may have serviced the RTC- I was wondering if we'd or anyone had contacted restaurant supply companies (on the RTC thread). When we first got the "Powell" information, I found a restaurant supply company owned by a Powell family- I didn't contact them. Since the "Powell" info may or may not have been useful.

As I said over on the RTC thread, we had the same milkman for years at a restaurant I worked in- he could still be delivering the milk for all I know.

believe09 has been great on keeping us updated and I appreciate that. I just wish that on some of the other discussion boards (and here too) that Mr. Kyle could have someone to keep the discussion moving by answering questions. I want Mr. Kyle to have the privacy he deserves, I think I may just be nosey?:)

The phone number thing is a good thought. I know that some area codes have been created, but I am not sure if they ever actually stop using a certain area code. Many years ago, MI only had 3 area codes, then as phone usage increased, credit card machines, faxes, computers and so forth were used, more area codes were implimented as a way to create new phone numbers. I wonder if Mr. Kyle has a phone number that ever comes up in his mind?

I agree with you, it could be something that seems totally irrelevent could be the key.

Ok, done called one old timer sales rep in Omaha- which was about as far 'west' as we went in the paper bus back in the day. He's going to pass the info around... didn't know off hand of any distributors in Colorado....

Left a message for another old timer way out east in western NY. (that east coast market was tough back in the day- we couldn't compete from the midwest).

Found out I thought 'Rolly' had the Indiana market back in the day. I was wrong, Rolly was in Ohio. Got the correct name of who serviced Indiana back in the day... a 'JH' going to look for his contact info, but I don't know that he would know anyone that far back in Indi.

The one sales rep I recall from Kimberly Clark - last time I looked was a VP of somekind.... I can ask her.... but again, it would be really nice to have some direction other than sending the wiki page and WS (which is far too much for any newcomers non interested in sleuthing to research).

I'm sure if we dug deep enough, we could find some old distributors from Colorado.... but we need more than - "they only sold Coors west of the whatever until such and such a date". (not much to work on).

Y'all may know the answer to this, but I don't. Is it known whether or not Benjaman was familiar with how to operate a computer when found? That may give us a clue as to the time period he was in the restaurant business or restaurant supply. No computer skills, ie. spreadsheets etc. would mean that might have been his field before computer usage was common in those businesses.

Phone numbers: Good idea.
And since I am around the same age of Benjaman K, I am thinking
the original phone numbers were a name and then numbers, like
Butterfield8, from the movie with Elizabeth Taylor, 1960.

Maybe he remembers that kind of prefix?

It is my understanding that BK speaks with a regional dialect. Is there a video of him talking?

I spoke with Mr. Kyle recently and he told me two big things-

1.) there may be a documentary shot in the next few months regarding him and his struggle-he and NB are in the early stages of working out the details with the filmakers.

2.) There will be another article featured in the Wichita Eagle regarding him and the forensic geneaolgy findings to date.

I will post more info as I receive it!!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This is such good news! Thanks for keeping us up to date believe09! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members