TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This scenario is absolutely possible, except that she left the kids. Gail is too smart to plan all that and then leave the most important part to chance! These are smart, mature kids and they would be quite able (IMO) to pull this off with her. One thought that no-one says, is that perhaps they didn't want to leave? I can't really conceive of this, but kids can be strange, and home is home.....

Smart thought... I think that when the details of this all come out, <modsnip>
Maybe she went to the lakehouse on the 29th because she was the one who was raving mad and the police told her to leave. Maybe the kids went with her to watch her, because Matt couldn't be in her presence without her getting more upset. Maybe the quote above is correct, and the kids stayed home because they didn't want to be with her at that time.

<modsnip> Could it be possible that she <modsnip> she is gone because she wants to be! Is it possible that Matt hasn't done anything wrong or illegal and <modsnip>... she's smart enough to have done that... her own sister told us how intelligent she is.

Even though we have heard how incapable the SMPD is, if there were any evidence of something illegal or foul play going on, they would be investigating. Matt's intelligent too, but there is no way he committed the acts that have been thought up <modsnip> and did so perfectly, without leaving evidence behind. The lack of a search or investigation points to one thing-she left because she wanted to and is legally allowed to do that. Would she walk away from her children? Maybe she wouldn't want to, but if they knew that she was the agressive one, or she was going away just to cause problems, they may have refused to go. If she was already angry, that refusal could have been enough for her to say ok, I'll go without you.

While I agree that she needs to be found and all this mess straightened out, at this point nothing factual -no real evidence is here to show that anything has happened. So basicallly at this point it <modsnip>. It's going to be funny if she's found and is mad as he!! because she didn't want to be.

So, let the comments commence...<modsnip>, but remember, my senario fits the clues just as well as yours.

While I totally understand exactly where you're coming from- believe it or not if I were trying to 'leave' on my own (I don't have children, so that might change things a bit...) but I would leave as much ID including credit cards- actually especially credit cards and a DL- at home. You can't use a credit card- and if you get pulled over and you don't have a DL, well...you just tell them who you 'are' and then you get a citation to show up in court.. you move on (provided you haven't ya know, stolen the vehicle) and you're good to go a litle farther.

I'd take my passport because no cop is going to ask me for that. And it's as good an idea as any id anywhere.
What about her birth certificate? Safe deposite box in her name?

Frankly, I don't think this is the case here...but it is food for thought.

But her friend has her passport, not GP. Surely her friend would have added that GP retrieved her passport if that was the case. If she got pulled over and she said she was someone other than who the car is registered to the cop would be suspicious and would look into it and find out the car belongs to a MP. They look up your car as soon as you are pulled over, if you dont have proof of registration, insurance or DL they are going to do a pretty thorough search I would think. There is a lot you can't do without CC or DL, sometimes you can't even rent a hotel room.

calliestarnes Callie Starnes
Elmore Co., AL authorities were asked last week by Sig. Mtn. PD to check Gail Palmgren's lake house near Montgomery. Found nothing.

Deputies have posted missing person flyers, patroling neighborhood. No leads from that community tonight. #missingmom (2/2)
16 minutes ago

Maybe she went to the lakehouse on the 29th because she was the one who was raving mad and the police told her to leave. Maybe the kids went with her to watch her, because Matt couldn't be in her presence without her getting more upset. Maybe the quote above is correct, and the kids stayed home because they didn't want to be with her at that time.

<modsnip> Could it be possible that she <modsnip> she is gone because she wants to be! Is it possible that Matt hasn't done anything wrong or illegal and <modsnip>... she's smart enough to have done that... her own sister told us how intelligent she is.

Even though we have heard how incapable the SMPD is, if there were any evidence of something illegal or foul play going on, they would be investigating. Matt's intelligent too, but there is no way he committed the acts <modsnip> and did so perfectly, without leaving evidence behind. The lack of a search or investigation points to one thing-she left because she wanted to and is legally allowed to do that. Would she walk away from her children? Maybe she wouldn't want to, but if they knew that she was the agressive one, or she was going away just to cause problems, they may have refused to go. If she was already angry, that refusal could have been enough for her to say ok, I'll go without you.

While I agree that she needs to be found and all this mess straightened out, at this point nothing factual -no real evidence is here to show that anything has happened. <modsnip>. It's going to be funny if she's found and is mad as he!! because she didn't want to be.

<modsnip> but remember, my senario fits the clues just as well as yours.

confused: It may seem that most WS posters are thinking that she did not disappear on her own, that her husband may be involved in some way.

I don't know her or her husband, but I have been on several threads where
the wife's disappearance seems suspicious. The husband or bf is usually the one who caused the disappearance, in at least 90 percent of those cases, that is a correct scenario.
But there is always the exception if the husband did not have anything to do with her disappearance.
Wazinah Suleiman is an example. I thought maybe her husband murdered her. He did not , Although she did leave on her own and is assumed to be in a domestic violence shelter.

No family member is considered a saint, at least as far as I am concerned. I know that it takes two to make a fight.
But, when a woman disappears;
it is rare that they leave their children behind. It is rare that women
do not call family or friends.
It is rare that women who stash belongings with friends beforehand disappear voluntarily.
It is rare that a woman will watch the agony of her sister and brother arranging searches for her and then not call.

Hoping that Gail is found soon, safe.

<modsnip>

I really do appreciate your point it is very valid and most of us here do not personally know Gail or her personality.

Last night I spent alot of time on just this same kind of scenerio. But in the end much of what we have seen from the husband says different. First of all rumor has been about his infidelity with plenty of opportunity for mudslinging on both sides. Nothing in regard to Gail. I have been waiting for it though. It usually doesn't take this long to come about in most cases.

I have been pretty outspoken about my suspicions. I am waiting for you or someone to prove me wrong. I won't be too ashamed to admit I was wrong.

"Maybe the kids went with her to watch her"

Since when do 9 and 12 year olds supervise an adult?

"if there were any evidence of something illegal or foul play going on, they would be investigating. Matt's intelligent too, but there is no way he committed the acts that have been thought up on this forum and did so perfectly, without leaving evidence behind. "

You don't know that he didn't leave evidence. The home has not been searched, so far as I know his phone records etc have not been searched. sometimes you can only find evidence if you are LOOKING for it, which the police do not seem to be. Not to mention the earlier the better, and here we are almost three weeks later. At this point, foul play cannot be ruled out, because it hasn't even been looked into. In this and many other missing person's cases, they don't even really care to check that side out until/if they find a body- or a big death threat which of course would not be wise for any perp to leave behind and I'm sure most of them know this.

<modsnip>

She's a missing person and we do not know if she is missing voluntarily. She is either fearful for her life and that people are following her because of mental illness or foul play, or it was all a big act if that's what you want to think. if it is the first two, she is endangered, and it is people's business.

So basicallly at this point it really isn't anyones business where she is.
I wouldn't bash you for having a different opinion. Anything is possible. But that sentence makes me really, really sad. Not just for Gail, but for her children and crying family on t.v. If I ever go missing will it be anyone's business? I doubt it cause I live in the same county as Gail. :cry:

While I totally understand exactly where you're coming from- believe it or not if I were trying to 'leave' on my own (I don't have children, so that might change things a bit...) but I would leave as much ID including credit cards- actually especially credit cards and a DL- at home. You can't use a credit card- and if you get pulled over and you don't have a DL, well...you just tell them who you 'are' and then you get a citation to show up in court.. you move on (provided you haven't ya know, stolen the vehicle) and you're good to go a litle farther.

I'd take my passport because no cop is going to ask me for that. And it's as good an idea as any id anywhere.
What about her birth certificate? Safe deposite box in her name?

Frankly, I don't think this is the case here...but it is food for thought.

Oriah, thanks for this perspective. That drivers lic has been a sticking point for me. I will give this more thought. What bothers me when I follow this vein of thinking is: It appears she was making a real good START on preparations for the "split".... then I see she is interrupted... or it appears that way to me. Why has she not retrieved any of her "stash" or at least let some of these very trusted confidantes know she is OK in this length of time? This is the MOST disturbing to me.

I agree, even if Gail is missing by her own choice due to mental instability and paranoid delusions, than she needs to be found, because she is a danger to herself. Her mental instability would cause her to be irrational. Unable to make rational decisions. Paranoid delusions could really cause a person to do very dangerous things. If it is the case that she's so mentally unstable and delusional than she needs to be found and placed in a hospital, so they can help her. Having said all that. I don't think Gail was mentally unstable or delusional. She felt someone was following her and she feared for her life. Which is why she gave neighbors her personal belongings "in case something happened to her." Sounds like she had already been threatened. It makes me sad that this woman was living in fear for her life and her nightmare came true. I feel really sick. I can't even imagine.

I wonder if the new detectives on the case had a new strategy....it could be that the sister and the husband were making appeals directly to Gail. However, I was also wondering if they asked the sister to make that heartfelt plea so that they could watch her husband's reaction.

Also, I wonder when Gail removed the money. Think about it. If the last confirmed sighting of her is 12:15 on the 30th, then she didn't go after that or THAT would be the last confirmed sighting. Did she do it before she dropped the boys off? Seems like we would have heard about that if so, right? And she was driving back from the lake house? I'm betting she did this a day or so earlier. This could even be what their fight was about. She could have told him she was leaving. Or, he could have found out about her removing the money and confronted her.

bolded by me.

I'd like to think that LE is this calculating. Too bad the camera didn't show us his reaction during his sister's tearful plea.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14669942

Way to go Callie Starnes! A new report indicating Gail left items with friends and neighbors

It makes me mad every time I read that MP says Gail had "bouts of depression". I wouldn't be surprised if she were "depressed" from being married to him, with his fooling around on her, etc!! Just a feeling I have and MOO, of course.

Oh and wow--LE searched the airport parking lot! Big whoop.

I agree, even if Gail is missing by her own choice due to mental instability and paranoid delusions, than she needs to be found, because she is a danger to herself. Her mental instability would cause her to be irrational. Unable to make rational decisions. Paranoid delusions could really cause a person to do very dangerous things. If it is the case that she's so mentally unstable and delusional than she needs to be found and placed in a hospital, so they can help her. Having said all that. I don't think Gail was mentally unstable or delusional. She felt someone was following her and she feared for her life. Which is why she gave neighbors her personal belongings "in case something happened to her." Sounds like she had already been threatened. It makes me sad that this woman was living in fear for her life and her nightmare came true. I feel really sick. I can't even imagine.

These are real possibilities too. That is just as scary as the other. More so. Because if her husband REALLY believes his own story, he is turning his back on the mother of his children when she is in her lowest point. Writing her off until her family comes to find her. He doesn't allow anyone to verify his claims by entering the last place she was seen for clues. He half heartedly stated she has mental problems, is delusional and raged off into the wild blue yonder. This doesn't work in an innocent man's favor.

Has anyone considered that she might have either,
1) left with someone that she wanted to leave with, or
2) met someone that had already been planned?

Just wondering and sorry if this has been discussed before.

Yes,those thoughts occurred to me, but I can't believe she would have left her kids dangling like this, not knowing where she was....

Gail is missing. She has not been characterized as endangered missing which is customary when LE is looking for someone who is fragile or possibly a danger to herself, or is without some of the basics she would need in order to make it two weeks without family contact.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there will be no bashing of anyone. I am not married to any theory-I find LE's response reasonable, but I am puzzled by MP's and his family. It is a valid opinion of anyone who spends any time reviewing missing people and their families. It is simply my :twocents:.

This is not the place to shred the missing person in my very honest opinion. Regardless of which side you believe, she has dear children who are crushed at her loss, even if it is a temporary one.

I have read a lot of post regarding the lack of from the Signal Mountain police. I live in the same county (for a long time). Sadly it comes at no surprise. They do not have a very good reputation. And yes the good old boy system is alive and well. It makes me really sad they have not shown more compassion for Gail, her family, and children. Hoping for a happy outcome for all! Hope this sheds a little light.

To revisit the search, can any of the organizers share with us whether or not their are some experienced folks running it? And can anyone close to this situation let us know what LE said when the request was made to them to participate in this particular search??

Even though we have heard how incapable the SMPD is, if there were any evidence of something illegal or foul play going on, they would be investigating. Matt's intelligent too, but there is no way he committed the acts that have been thought up <modsnip> and did so perfectly, without leaving evidence behind. The lack of a search or investigation points to one thing-she left because she wanted to and is legally allowed to do that. Would she walk away from her children? Maybe she wouldn't want to, but if they knew that she was the agressive one, or she was going away just to cause problems, they may have refused to go. If she was already angry, that refusal could have been enough for her to say ok, I'll go without you.

While I agree that she needs to be found and all this mess straightened out, at this point nothing factual -no real evidence is here to show that anything has happened. So basicallly at this point it <modsnip>. It's going to be funny if she's found and is mad as he!! because she didn't want to be.

So, let the comments commence...<modsnip>, but remember, my senario fits the clues just as well as yours.

Thanks, confused, for putting a different perspective on this. I know that I tend to rush to think that the husband is guilty in most of these cases...mainly because he usually is, and there is abundant reason to think and feel he is guilty...but there is always the exception--for example, the recent Suleiman case.

I just wish the police would be doing more active searches and seemed more concerned.

Columbo

Hear is a thought...if anybody from area is posting do you know if any of the trucking companies in the Chattanooga area has been contacted. Chattanooga has Covenant, US Express and a few others that could maybe post flyers at truck stops or at least be notified to be on the lookout for her car. I know its a lot to ask but you never know. The two mentioned have usually been very community oriented.

I have read a lot of post regarding the lack of from the Signal Mountain police. I live in the same county (for a long time). Sadly it comes at no surprise. They do not have a very good reputation. And yes the good old boy system is alive and well. It makes me really sad they have not shown more compassion for Gail, her family, and children. Hoping for a happy outcome for all! Hope this sheds a little light.

Thanks for your post, it does shed a lot of light on the situation! Welcome, and keep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks