Who was George Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the records of investigation by the S.M.Sheriff's Dept. ever obtained? And in particular, the detectives notes? I know they questioned G.W. but did they also question G.B.? I should think that, under the circumstances they would have asked for I.D. Did they report the details of their surveilance? Anything you can share here?
Doogie may be able to remember why, but the only official records we were able to get (and with great difficulty) were the initial reports. As far as we can tell, Brody was never questioned. Incidentally, one of the Waters handwriting documents submitted to the expert spelled the name Brodie.

Doogie may be able to remember why, but the only official records we were able to get (and with great difficulty) were the initial reports. As far as we can tell, Brody was never questioned. Incidentally, one of the Waters handwriting documents submitted to the expert spelled the name Brodie.

Does this mean that GW spelled it "Brodie"? What type of document was it? On all the insurance docs isn't the name spelled "Brody"? The insurance docs would be of most concern to GB, I would think. He would need some sort of ID in that name in order to cash the hoped-for check.

Does this mean that GW spelled it "Brodie"? What type of document was it? On all the insurance docs isn't the name spelled "Brody"? The insurance docs would be of most concern to GB, I would think. He would need some sort of ID in that name in order to cash the hoped-for check.
This was on a 1966 or 1967 letter, so maybe GW didn't know how to spell the name yet (it is spelled Brody in other places.) It was a letter supposedly from me, with my signature forged. I sent it to the handwriting expert for comparison with later examples of George's writing.

...The insurance docs would be of most concern to GB, I would think. He would need some sort of ID in that name in order to cash the hoped-for check.

Waters attached a photograph of Brody to the insurance applications with the direction to only pay the man who was depicted in the picture. This seems an attempt to circumvent any additional ID for Brody.

Waters attached a photograph of Brody to the insurance applications with the direction to only pay the man who was depicted in the picture. This seems an attempt to circumvent any additional ID for Brody.
Thank you both for the clarification. I should have known Brody's paranoia knew no bounds. It does reaffirm my observation that Brody would go to almost any length to avoid the scrutiny of a spotlight on him. This behavior was repeated continuously as he manipulated GW to do his bidding.It does cast some doubt, in my mind, on his willingness to be involved in a sure-to-be-publicsized kidnapping.

I wanted to get this on the proper thread:

I have made contact with a gentleman who is looking for a "George Brody from California" whom he served with during the Korean War. IF Brody were to be the age that he said he was, that would have made him 25 years old at the start of the war (which fits). I am sending this man pictures of Brody to confirm that it is the same man. I am not optimistic that the two Brody's are the same guy, but will let you know the outcome.

I have heard back from this man and his Brody is not our Brody.

I've been still working on a guy who I think is a good Brody candidate...but he does have 1991 death records (SS and OR state).

His name is Robert George Woolf. (The Woolf name became interesting after learning Evelyn Wanek called GW Jack Wolf(e)) b. August 15, 1921 San Fransisco CO, CA. Having death records AFTER Brody died makes it a very long shot, but I must say his life that I have found so far has been quit interesting. My biggest problem is finding anyone who knew of them. I have written several letters to different Woolf Family genealogist, and no one knows of this line. He was married several times, and there doesn't appear to be any off spring. I am having a very hard time finding his parents. His mothers maiden name was Burgess. If anyone wants to take a crack at it, please be my guest. I'll keep updating when/if there is anything to update. :)

Here is a little more info to anyone interested...so you don't waste time duplicating... As far as the SS death records, well, I have resently learned that all it takes to report a death to the SS office is for the widow of the deceased to call with their SS number. She (his wife)could have forged his SS checks until she was placed in assisted living where it would be noticable or something...? (I'm grasping at straws here) Brody never received SS benefits, so he is not listed in the SS death index...but he could have received them under a different name.

Woolf's last known wife was Hilda Bilger Adkinson b. 9-16-08 d.11-21-95 They where married 9-30-73, she was 17 years older than him. They (she?)moved to the Portland area after 1973. He is listed in the 1973 San Mateo Co directory. There are 3 addresses in the Portland area for them. In doing a Zillow search of the addresses I found it odd that they lived in such large houses, (3 & 4 bd 3000sq ft) for 2 people with no kids...Last resident (after his date of death) was an assisted living apartment. Oh how interesting to learn about all these possible George Brody's. From the Mafia to a dirt farmer, I've seen it all...LOL

Hi my name is Mischa, I ‘m from Germany (so pardon my English) but after reading through the threads I would like to share a few thoughts about George Brodie with you:

I believe you must not take anything serious what he told George Waters or anybody else about his previous life.
After reading (nearly) all the threads (and Michaele’s book) I got the impression that Brodie was someone who made up his whole life.

Probably he dreamt of being a boxer or a show-star, but I doubt that he ever made an attempt to make his dreams come true. Not necessarily because of a lack of talent, but because he was unable to deal with the setbacks real life would have offered him.

I think George Brodie was in his way mentally disturbed – but NOT mentally ill like George Waters. He probably saw himself surrounded by a world of enemies who would not acclaim brilliance on purpose (and out of jealousy) and whom he had to fool to get what he – in his opinion – deserved.

One thing is for sure:

George Brodie would have enjoyed reading this thread and he would have been thrilled by the mere fact that over25 years after his death people from all over the world discuss and research about him and his life.
And he would not have bothered at all that these people are interested in his person because the consider him a suspect in a hideous crime.

Welcome, Mischa!

I believe you must not take anything serious what he told George Waters or anybody else about his previous life.
After reading (nearly) all the threads (and Michaele’s book) I got the impression that Brodie was someone who made up his whole life.

Probably he dreamt of being a boxer or a show-star, but I doubt that he ever made an attempt to make his dreams come true. Not necessarily because of a lack of talent, but because he was unable to deal with the setbacks real life would have offered him.

I think George Brodie was in his way mentally disturbed – but NOT mentally ill like George Waters. He probably saw himself surrounded by a world of enemies who would not acclaim brilliance on purpose (and out of jealousy) and whom he had to fool to get what he – in his opinion – deserved.

Your analysis may very well be correct. Since the history (either truth or fantasy) is all we have, we need to explore what he claimed first. Even if it is mostly delusions on his part, there may be a kernel of truth that we can build upon.

One thing is for sure:

George Brodie would have enjoyed reading this thread and he would have been thrilled by the mere fact that over 25 years after his death people from all over the world discuss and research about him and his life.
And he would not have bothered at all that these people are interested in his person because the consider him a suspect in a hideous crime.

I have thought of this possibilty. The Muslims do something to show reverence to the names of Allah and Mohammed - they always add something like "Blessed be his name" (or something similar, even if it is just the initials of the phrase - "BBHN"). We could do something similar for Brody to insure that any mention of him receives the proper respect. I nominate that we always refer to him as "George (Mr. Poopy Pants) Brody". :D

Welcome, Mischa!

I have thought of this possibilty. The Muslims do something to show reverence to the names of Allah and Mohammed - the always add something like "Blessed be his name" (or something similar, even if it is just the initials of the phrase - "BBHN"). We could do something similar for Brody to insure that any mention of him receives the proper respect. I nominate that we always refer to him as "George (Mr. Poopy Pants) Brody". :D

Well, perhaps they have internet-access in hell....

Hi my name is Mischa, I ‘m from Germany (so pardon my English) but after reading through the threads I would like to share a few thoughts about George Brodie with you:

One thing is for sure:

George Brodie would have enjoyed reading this thread and he would have been thrilled by the mere fact that over25 years after his death people from all over the world discuss and research about him and his life.

Welcome to the forum, Mischa. I completely agree with your comments. I have always believed that Brody manufactured a great deal of his life story. I think that there may be kernels of truth hidden in the details. For example, whereas he most likely lied about being a professional boxer, he must have had some level of interest in the sport, either as a spectator or a dabbler, or perhaps experience on a scholastic team.

I'm sure the old fool would have been delighted to know that we try to dissect his history. If such things are possible, I wouldn't put it past him to try to communicate from beyond the grave, in order to make the "game" more interesting to him.

Come on Georgie-porgie! This is a direct challenge. Send us some nuggets, so we can keep talking about you, you old ($#@@%&)!

Kind of off topic, but I do have some experience with someone that has done/ is doing this very thing. When I first met them, I was led to believe that she was a twenty something girl that had moved to the midwest after growing up in Beverly Hills. She claimed she designed clothing for stores such as Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, etc. She said she had a twin brother who had died a few years ago in a car accident. Then I found out she was (biologically) a he. The "twin" never existed... the twin was her before she started to change her gender from male to female. Designing clothes, living in Beverly Hills, everything she told me was a lie. When I confronted her about it, she denied it. I haven't spoken with her in a few years, but I'm sure she is still living a made-up life.

Kind of off topic, but I do have some experience with someone that has done/ is doing this very thing. When I first met them, I was led to believe that she was a twenty something girl that had moved to the midwest after growing up in Beverly Hills. She claimed she designed clothing for stores such as Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, etc. She said she had a twin brother who had died a few years ago in a car accident. Then I found out she was (biologically) a he. The "twin" never existed... the twin was her before she started to change her gender from male to female. Designing clothes, living in Beverly Hills, everything she told me was a lie. When I confronted her about it, she denied it. I haven't spoken with her in a few years, but I'm sure she is still living a made-up life.
:waitasec: Hummm, maybe Brody was a transgendered person...Evelyn Wanek's older sister did seem to vanish into thin air...:rolleyes: He was a very tiny petite thing.

@ Natasha

Thanx for the nice welcome :)

@ Interestedwoman

I don’t think Brody was a transsexual. Male and females have a different facial bone structure and if you look closely at most transsexuals you can see that they have the bone structure of the sex they were born with. George Brody doesn’t look female at all to me.

I can’t remember exactly when you did find the first records about Brody. Early 1960? The operations needed to change a human beings sex from female to male are much more complicated than the operations for those who go the opposite way (and these operations are also really dangerous) so I’m not sure if it was really possible to change sex from female to male before the late 1970. (The sex-assignments done before were done to pseudo-hermaphrodites I think. Males who just seemed to be female at birth due to female looking genitals)

@ Sable

I think your former friend was a afraid that she would not accepted as female if she would admit – even to herself - that she was born with a male body.

Interestedwoman

I don’t think Brody was a transsexual. Male and females have a different facial bone structure and if you look closely at most transsexuals you can see that they have the bone structure of the sex they were born with. George Brody doesn’t look female at all to me.

I can’t remember exactly when you did find the first records about Brody. Early 1960? The operations needed to change a human beings sex from female to male are much more complicated than the operations for those who go the opposite way (and these operations are also really dangerous) so I’m not sure if it was really possible to change sex from female to male before the late 1970. (The sex-assignments done before were done to pseudo-hermaphrodites I think. Males who just seemed to be female at birth due to female looking genitals)

:laugh: LOL...it was a joke. Several months ago someone jokingly suggested that maybe Brody was really a woman, and we all had a good laugh...Sables story reminded me of it...

Off Topic:
Welcome to WS. Our neighbors had an exchange student from Stuttgart living with them for a year...she was a neat girl, and she taught us all many German customs. We really miss her. I'm sure she was ready to get back to civilization. Poor thing had to live in the middle of nowheresville Nebraska!

I'm glad it was . If George Brody was born as a woman there would have been hundereds of millions more possibilities concerning his identity ;-)

Well being Bavarian I have my own thoughts about civilisation in Stuttgart ;-))

Any Swabians here ?? ;-))

I have thought of this possibilty. The Muslims do something to show reverence to the names of Allah and Mohammed - they always add something like "Blessed be his name" (or something similar, even if it is just the initials of the phrase - "BBHN"). We could do something similar for Brody to insure that any mention of him receives the proper respect. I nominate that we always refer to him as "George (Mr. Poopy Pants) Brody". :D

How about the Enematic Mr. Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member