Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

ITA!!!!!

I am sure that AS let Ron do whatever he wanted. You know, when she made that comment about him having a foul mouth and being disrepectful, i have a feeling she wasn't just meaning right after the death of his grandfather, but basically all the time, regardless of whom, what, when, where and why, he has always been this way...JMO.

Back to topic...about those appeals....WTH is he thinking? I have always been a true believer of "if you give them a rope they will hang themselves" and i hope in a way -not litterally- he does so. It is way past due. What i do not understand, and maybe someone with some "law" knowledge can help out. If an attorney is representing a client, shouldn't the attorney be the one to file appeals? Shoemaker HAS to be aware that his client filed an appeal on the drug charges. Why is he allowing his client to do so? Ron has pretty much followed his attorney's advice so far, why stray from it now?
If this were Misty, i would get it, b/c she never listened to her attorney's advice anyways, but Ron was a different story. Those were his two BFFs. JMO.

I wonder if Shoemaker is still Ron's lawyer, I have my doubts.
Would it appear on the docket if he is no longer his counsel?
Maybe Ron found himself new counsel in prison or he's been reading law books and drafting the motions himself. :waitasec:

I wonder if Shoemaker is still Ron's lawyer, I have my doubts.
Would it appear on the docket if he is no longer his counsel?
Maybe Ron found himself new counsel in prison or he's been reading law books and drafting the motions himself. :waitasec:

This is JMO but I think Shoemaker may realize the appeal won't go anywhere, so why waste time filing? RC may have himself convinced he has grounds, and an appeal is not really that difficult to draft; many inmates do these pro se. It saves them money to do it themselves and the courts provide instructions on how to file and on what type of information is needed. All the inmate has to do is supply some facts about what they are challenging.

Ron is not appealing his conviction and sentence exactly. He is appealing Putnam Court's denial of his Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence. Most likely Shoemaker knows the sentence was totally legal, etc. I suspect if Ron finds himself having to answer for other things, Shoemaker will be right there by his side.

Ron more than likely will talk to a snitch. I would not be shocked if an inmate comes forward with what Ron said he did to his daughter. The way Ronald talked to Cobra, it just did not strike me as him speaking was that of someone with a very high IQ.

WAIT!! His mama said RC had a very high IQ, remember? :floorlaugh:

Don't forget about Ronald's memorable words from the Cobra tapes:

"I have more knowledge than most m***king fools!"

I wouldn't have missed these posts tonight. Y'all have just made me laugh!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Could TN statment to Ron, "I am so proud of you", meant that she is proud that he didn't say anything about what happened to HaLeigh?

swinging on the branches, seems to me to be the only way left...all the limbs i have gone out on have broke...lol

Maybe you're right lil momma, this could be an example of people having a limited vocabulary and Teresa really meant that she is grateful to Ron. LOL.

WAIT!! His mama said RC had a very high IQ, remember? :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: Everytime I read this I can't help but think of Jethro Boudine on the Clampetts on the "Beverly Hillbillies" series. He was suppose to be the genius of the family too. :floorlaugh:

And really, what would she know anyways? She wasn't around in Ronalds formative years, and had to take care of her kids when Annette had to tend to her dying husband. Basically within a year of her having him she let him move Crystal Sheffield in. I wonder if she let him or he just did whatever he wanted and it was better not to make a stink with someone who would probably shove 11 inches down your throat if you didn't make them a peanut butter sandwich right when they asked or something, I am sure Ronald was a huge joy growing up. Its because of her actions we are forced to deal with all these appeals from Ronald because he can't really take anything like a man at all. I mean what kind of person tells their son they are proud of them, as they are sitting in jail?

Maybe Ron is the "High Achiever" in the family. :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: Everytime I read this I can't help but think of Jethro Boudine on the Clampetts on the "Beverly Hillbillies" series. He was suppose to be the genius of the family too. :floorlaugh:

Yeah, he could cipher, and got passed on to the 4th grade. :floorlaugh:

Don't forget about Ronald's memorable words from the Cobra tapes:

"I have more knowledge than most m***king fools!"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

He has more knowledge than most **** fools, but not more than the rest of the population, for sure.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

He has more knowledge than most **** fools, but not more than the rest of the population, for sure.

'Course he didn't say what his vast knowledge was about - his daughter's disappearance; drugs; firearms, legal or otherwise?

Some of the most illiterate people I know have the most street smarts, although sitting in the back of a "sting" car slipping someone in your mouth, and yapping away, ain't even smart on the street. Amateurs with inflated egos and big mouths fool some of the people some of the time. One can only hope he needs to exercise his jaws, and impress the population while in prison.

My opinion only

Okay, I'm going our on a limb here...well, maybe a twig. Does anyone remember TN talking to RC while he was in jail (this goes back to the very beginning.) She said something like, `I never loved your sister more than you'
and continued the conversation along those lines. Do you think, she was laying ground work for an insanity plea in case things didn't work out for him (re: Haleigh, not the drugs.)

It seemed very strange that she would pick that particular time to tell this to her grown up son. If she felt RC did in fact feel that way, why wasn't this taken care of years and years ago?

Don't through rocks, please!

Okay, I'm going our on a limb here...well, maybe a twig. Does anyone remember TN talking to RC while he was in jail (this goes back to the very beginning.) She said something like, `I never loved your sister more than you'
and continued the conversation along those lines. Do you think, she was laying ground work for an insanity plea in case things didn't work out for him (re: Haleigh, not the drugs.)

It seemed very strange that she would pick that particular time to tell this to her grown up son. If she felt RC did in fact feel that way, why wasn't this taken care of years and years ago?

I was just thinking of that conversation last night. IMO, Ron is insecure emotionally. This is not bashing, just my personal observation based on his mouth, his strut, his false bravado...

I believe there may have been an ongoing rivalry for mother's love throughout RC and CC's lives. Likely TN did not relate to her kids very well or at all but possibly had some success relating to CC, or at least RC thought so. When RC was arrested I think he felt his family might feel he had let them down.

At the beginning of that conversation between TN and RC she says it's good to see him, and he says something like, "even like this?" I really believe he felt ashamed of being in jail; RC even said at one point that Kirby S. would be very displeased if he were still around to see RC in jail.

I think TN made the statement about not loving his sister more because RC was feeling she did love his sister more, and probably always had felt that. And when TN told RC she was proud of him, I do not think she was saying she was proud that he was in jail. I think she was trying to tell him she was proud of him as a son.

That is just my take on it.

The part I remember of that jailhouse visit was TN's apparent condition - she sounded as if she were inebriated, slurring her words, very deep husky voice. I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall her first words were, "Do you have something to tell me?" I believed Ron's response was (paraphrasing here) - "What - that I love you?" and then he started talking a mile a minute about (John Merchant?) telling him Misty was crying real tears when she was questioned and Ron was mentioned, etc., etc.

That question - "Do you have something to tell me?" - coupled with TN's apparent condition, chilled me to the bone. Was she informed about all the circumstances of Ron's arrest, what the charges were? Or was she terrified that he was going to tell her that he wasn't only facing the drug charges, but he was also being held for his responsibility in Haleigh's disappearance/demise? That might account for what appeared to be her heavy "sedation", her question, and then Ron's rapid-fire change of subject, not giving TN the opportunity to get a word in edgewise until he'd "set her straight."

It was definitely a weird conversation all the way around!

I don't find the timing unusual, 4Jacy. Sitting in jail with time to think, Ron was probably feeling sorry for himself, doing a little soul searching, and looking at his life trying to figure out how the he!! it all came down to where he was at that moment. I think he's had issues with TN for years, and probably has never forgiven her for abandoning him as a little boy. So, when she visited him in jail, it was a moment of reckoning for the two of them, which led to the statements we heard from TN. All seems perfectly normal to me for a parent and child in that situation. I'm probably in the minority on this opinion. (So what else is new? :) ) But this is one instance where I felt as though both TN and Ron were not speaking for the cameras.

I don't find the timing unusual, 4Jacy. Sitting in jail with time to think, Ron was probably feeling sorry for himself, doing a little soul searching, and looking at his life trying to figure out how the he!! it all came down to where he was at that moment. I think he's had issues with TN for years, and probably has never forgiven her for abandoning him as a little boy. So, when she visited him in jail, it was a moment of reckoning for the two of them, which led to the statements we heard from TN. All seems perfectly normal to me for a parent and child in that situation. I'm probably in the minority on this opinion. (So what else is new? :) ) But this is one instance where I felt as though both TN and Ron were not speaking for the cameras.

And he says to her, we know its one of them, meaning Misty or Crystal. I really think he is telling Teresa behind closed doors all along its one of them, I think he has been consistently lying to Teresa to cover his behind like a big baby this whole time.

And he says to her, we know its one of them, meaning Misty or Crystal. I really think he is telling Teresa behind closed doors all along its one of them, I think he has been consistently lying to Teresa to cover his behind like a big baby this whole time.
after the book came out about Haleigh, it got me to thinking about all the contradicting drama that was going on in the beginning. There were people, obviously, who blamed CS & her side of the family. Now, family members, might welcome a chance to jump on a theory that didn't involve themselves or the people they associated with...either because they really didn't know what happened or because they had an idea, but didn't want to accept their own part of the blame. I'm not saying this is what Ron did, but if he wasn't directly involved, I do think it's possible. Too many people were muddying up the waters, & it would be natural to jump on a theory that exonerated his lifestyle...especially if the theorists were smart, educated, & convincing. MOO.

Parents live in a lot of denial when it comes to their kids & kids live in a lot of denial when it comes to their parents. But, there are moments when their defenses are down, & things are exactly what they are. So, even though TN acted like Ron had done a service by getting Misty locked up, (denial at its height), she may have been thinking about the reality of Ron going to prison for a long time. Any mom, in that situation, would take some blame. So, maybe this was a mom, accepting her part in his drug problem and trying to make her son feel better. IDK, but I never got out of this conversation, what so many others did. I thought TN was trying to right some wrongs. That's it. MOO.

bessie, I agree with you about Ron feeling sorry for himself, soul searching, maybe even being ashamed, and I supposed anyone in that position may have those feelings.
But this isn't about Ron. This about TN. She, as his mother, should have known he had issues about her love for him and she should have loved and loved, reassured and reassured him throughout his life. Even when they lived apart that could have happened. I blame TN for so much that has happened in RC life.
She gave birth to him and should have raised him herself, instead of putting her own selfish interests first. She had to know he had emotional issues, but she went her own merry way. I draw a very hard line when it comes to mothers and mothering. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back