GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

I used to watch my kids go inside the school every morning as well. But one time I sat in the parking lot talking to a friend in another car in the lot. Luckily I looked in my rear view mirror in time to see my son walking around in the parking lot. He was looking for my car because he forgot some signed papers he was supposed to bring to school, and he did not want to get in trouble. So if I had left quickly, I would not have seen him walking around, VULNERABLE, in the visitors parking lot that morning. And the bell had already rung too.

So it makes me wonder if she had gone back out to try and stop her stepfather, and he was already gone.

That, or maybe he never dropped her off.

KERRA WILSON, Age Now: 8, Missing: 09/21/2011. Missing From MITCHELL, NE. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Nebraska State Police (Nebraska) 1-308-632-1211.

More...

16412414_BG4.jpg

I wonder what time the school alerted the family that Kerra was not in school.

The search continues tonight for a missing Mitchell girl last seen at 8 a. m. this morning.

Police say 8 year-old Kerra Wilson was dropped off at Mitchell Elementary School this morning, but hasn't been seen since.

Her teachers reported her absent at 8:15 this morning, according to a counselor at Mitchell Elementary.

Wilson is described as 4-feet 2-inches tall, with shoulder length brown hair, wearing a blue shirt and carrying a blue knapsack.

A search command center is set up at the Mitchell Fire Hall.

Lieutenant Monica Bartling with the Nebraska State Patrol is asking for the public's help.

Law enforcement and volunteers are searching door-to-door in Mitchell and the outlying area using dogs and aircraft to gather clues to Wilson's whereabouts.

http://www.kotanow.com/story/155200...missing-8-year-old-girl#.TnrSzs4CPH4.facebook

RB&UBM

Wow, That is awesome they are using Dogs right away!!

Praying that she will be found safe... :praying:

Rescue personnel, citizens, a plane with a heat sensor and dogs canvassed the area around the school Wednesday evening without any luck. Members of the Mitchell Volunteer Fire department, CERT members, and citizens were to continue looking Wednesday night and if the girl was not found, Bartling says the search would begin again in the morning.

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=jpfa3gjz

RB&UBM

This is so scary!!! No Sigh of her... even with heat sensor planes...

This really gives me the chills... as a few years ago a 6 year old girl was dropped off at the school parking lot 9 at 8.45am and was never seen again -she didnt make into her class..... her body was found several days later - it was her mothers live in boyfriend that killed her. So a new central government law was passed for primary ( elementary school) that when ever a child is absent a parent/ guardian has be contacted and informed of the absence....and if the school is at all concerned they can contact the police straight away ( I live in New Zealand).

291917_2269704415675_1040540882_2631148_329328784_n.jpg

Another picture of her, her hair is darker in this picture.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MISSINGKerra-M-Wilson/275996465751841

FB page setup for Kerra (missing).

shoulder length hair with red stripes in it. The girl was wearing a sky blue short sleeve blue shirt, possibly with white numbers or letters on it. She was also wearing dark blue cotton shorts and a blue knapsack. The girl has blonde hair, blue eyes, is 4'2" tall, and 78 pounds. The girl was wearing a blue shirt, blue shorts and a blue backpack.
anyone with information should call the Scotts Bluff County Communications center at 436-6666 or the Nebraska State Patrol at 632-1211.

I really hope they find her. It's really frightening that there is like 2 sex offenders living so close to the school. I'm almost too afraid to have children some day, stories like this really creeps me out. Please let her be safe.

Bartling says a report the girl was seen at the Mitchell Subway store has not been confirmed.

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=jpfa3gjz

The Subway is across the main road that runs along the north side of the school. The north side of the school is also where the school parking lot is.

Earlier reports say that she was dropped off at the west doors to the school, which are very close to the street, but then it was also stated that a family member said she was last seen on the north side of the school. :waitasec:

It looks like the timeline is:

8:00 am dropped off at school by Step-Father

8:15 am school marked her absent

12:00 noon school called parents

3:00-4:00 pm Grandmother reported her missing ( this was stated on FB so take it with a grain of salt)

ETA, There is a MSM link that confirms Grandmother reported at 3:00pm

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/21/news/local_news/doc4e7a720e09102357811149.txt
Please correct this if anyone finds it not correct...:innocent:

Like others, the first thing I thought of when reading this is little Kyron. :(

I wonder if the discrepancy between north vs west sides of the school means that she was dropped off at the west doors, but was seen later at the north doors?

Wish someone had called the family earlier than noon... That's a couple of hours gone right there. It does look from the map though that if she left, alone or with someone, then someone had to have seen something...

Just so many similarities to Kyron's disappearance. Very disturbing.

It looks like the timeline is:

8:00 am dropped off at school by Step-Father

8:15 am school marked her absent

12:00 noon school called parents

3:00-4:00 pm Grandmother reported her missing ( this was stated on FB so take it with a grain of salt)

ETA, There is a MSM link that confirms Grandmother reported at 3:00pm

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/21/news/local_news/doc4e7a720e09102357811149.txt
Please correct this if anyone finds it not correct...:innocent:

BBM
Noon? Really?!! My kids school calls me by 9:00 if my child is absent. There needs to be better procedures set up in schools to call parents if a child is absent.

Okay- we need to start with the last person to see her. I do not like to blame family, but I think that is always the best place to start. Are there any surveillance cameras in the general vicinity? Anything that can confirm a car dropping Kerra off; and/or which direction the car took after dropping her off.

Any surveillance to show any other cars (which would be numerous with dropping kids off) in the area? They need to pull these surveillance tapes now to make certain they are not recorded over.

The car dealership across Broadway from Subway might be likely to have cameras.

Checking street view for other businesses nearby.

PinnacleBank, across broadway, has drive thru window in view of the school, they would also have cameras that might have footage of the school?

Like others, the first thing I thought of when reading this is little Kyron. :(

I wonder if the discrepancy between north vs west sides of the school means that she was dropped off at the west doors, but was seen later at the north doors?

Wish someone had called the family earlier than noon... That's a couple of hours gone right there. It does look from the map though that if she left, alone or with someone, then someone had to have seen something...

Just so many similarities to Kyron's disappearance. Very disturbing.
Exactly!

Hard to fathom that a school wouldn't have a procedure in place to report and follow up on absences right after the roll call. All it would take is someone collecting the roll calls from each classroom, and turning them in to someone who follows up! Even if such is done manually, it could have saved several hours. Do teachers at some schools do roll calls via computer nowadays? Could be even faster...

Also thought of Kyron...

Just did a Google walk around the school and not seeing any cameras...........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back