CA CA - Marilyn Monroe, 36, Los Angeles, 5 Aug 1962

I just answered my own question, thanks to the link above.

Here is the full autopsy report in case anyone else is also interested: http://www.marilynmonroemurdered.com/autopsy.htm

This part intrigues me;

External examination: The unembalmed body is that of a 36-year-old well-developed, well-nourished Caucasian female weighing 117 pounds and measuring 65-1/2 inches in length. The scalp is covered with bleached blond hair. The eyes are blue. The fixed lividitv is noted in the face, neck, chest, upper portions of arms and the right side of the abdomen. The faint lividity which disappears upon pressure is noted in the back and posterior aspect of the arms and legs. A slight ecchymotic area is noted in the left hip and left side of lower back. The breast shows no significant lesion. There is a horizontal 3-inch long surgical scar in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. A suprapubic surgical scar measuring 5 inches in length is noted. The conjunctivae are markedly congested; however, no ecehymosis or petechiae are noted. The nose shows no evidence of fracture. The external auditory canals are not remarkable:. No evidence of trauma is noted in the scalp, forehead, cheeks, lips or chin. The neck shows no evidence of trauma. Examination of the hands and nails shows no defects. The lower extremities show no evidence of trauma.

I had to look this up so I figure some people might not know it either;

ecchymotic

Main Entry:
ec·chy·mo·sis Listen to the pronunciation of ecchymosis
Pronunciation:
\ˌe-ki-ˈmō-səs\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural ec·chy·mo·ses Listen to the pronunciation of ecchymoses \-ˌsēz\
Etymology:
New Latin, from Greek ekchymōsis, from ekchymousthai to extravasate blood, from ex- + chymos juice — more at chyme
Date:

: the escape of blood into the tissues from ruptured blood vessels
— ec·chy·mot·ic Listen to the pronunciation of ecchymotic \-ˈmä-tik\ adjective

Link

What is Lividity?

Lividity is also useful for this purpose. Lividity is the process through which the body's blood supply will stop moving after the heart has stopped pumping it around the inside of the deceased. What normally happens at this point is that the blood supply - or at least any blood that remains within the corpse depending on the nature of their death - will settle in direct response to gravity. For example an individual found lying on their stomach would be found with all the blood from their back heading towards the ground. Lividity also displays itself as a dark purple discolouration of the body and can also be referred to as Livor Mortis or Post Mortem Hypostasis.

Any part of the body which has come into contact with a firm surface for a period of time - such as a floor or bench top - will show signs of this during lividity as this impression against the skin displays itself as an indentation surrounded by gravity-pulled blood.

It is worth noting that lividity begins to work through the deceased within thirty minutes of their heart stopping and can last up to twelve hours. Only up to the first six hours of death can lividity be altered by moving the body. After the six hour mark lividity is fixed as blood vessels begin to break down within the body.

Link

A blow from an object may give rise to a combination of injuries, such as a bruise with an abrasion etc, and different parts of the body are more susceptible to bruising than others. For example, the skin over the eyelids bruises easily, whilst the tougher palmar surface or plantar surface rarely bruises.

Tramline' bruises consist of two parallel linear bruises separated by a paler, undamaged section of skin. This type of injury occurs when the skin is struck with a rod shaped object, which sqeezes blood from the vessels at the point of inpact, thus emptying them and preventing them from leaking blood. The edges of the wound are stretched, and blood vessels are torn, causing blood to leak into the surrounding tissues. A similar phenomenon is seen when the injury is caused by a hard spherical object, such as a squash ball !

If I'm interpreting that correctly, and that's a big if, it means that there were no significant bruises on her skin just the fixed lividity that comes from rigor mortis. :waitasec:

Maybe some bruising on the left hip and left side of the lower back. If so that would lend itself to a theory that someone was holding her down at that area but only in that area.

That would seem to contradict the bruises all over her body story. :waitasec:

Is there a doctor in the house who can clear this up?

I feel you. My gut leans more toward Kennedys than mob. It's pretty well known that Peter Lawford was their cleanup guy of sorts. So the comment from his wife sounds pretty on target.

Also, would the asylum guy, having worked on keeping himself away from his own mob hit really spill the beans to some guy working on the phone line in the hospital? I suppose anything is possible but it just doesn't seem too likely to me.

The diary does interest me. Amazing after all this time it's never popped up. I remember a Vanity Fair article from last year maybe about a ton of MM's things that were going up for auction and whole scandal about the guy who had the items...he was a scammer, I think? Are you familiar with that part of the story?

No, I haven't heard of that.

Dan - that's what I was thinking too. There didn't seem to be any significant bruises on her body so I was wondering where the bruises covering her whole body thing came from??

This part also has me curious:

Both lungs are moderately congested with some edema. The surface is dark and red with mottling. The posterior portion of the lungs show severe congestion.

I am no doctor either so I have no clue what this means but I'm wondering if it's normal?? Is this just a part of what the body does after death? Or is this an indication of something, i.e. an effect of too much medication in the body?

Dan - that's what I was thinking too. There didn't seem to be any significant bruises on her body so I was wondering where the bruises covering her whole body thing came from??

This part also has me curious:

Both lungs are moderately congested with some edema. The surface is dark and red with mottling. The posterior portion of the lungs show severe congestion.

I am no doctor either so I have no clue what this means but I'm wondering if it's normal?? Is this just a part of what the body does after death? Or is this an indication of something, i.e. an effect of too much medication in the body?

I'm thinking it might just be normal lungs for a smoker. :waitasec:

Iv'e always loved her,today i was in the grocery store and i noticed a book about her and her life so i had to buy it. Thank you for posting this thread.

If I'm reading it right, doesn't the lividity indicate that she was first on her back and rolled over onto her face, as she was eventually found?

Or do you think the lividity on her back is from when she was rolled upon discovery, in which case she wouldn't have been dead more than 6 hours when she was found.

Right?

The "bruises all over her body" could be a witnesses impression from seeing lividity on her front from being face down after death. Don't you think that might look like bruises?

If I'm reading it right, doesn't the lividity indicate that she was first on her back and rolled over onto her face, as she was eventually found?

Or do you think the lividity on her back is from when she was rolled upon discovery, in which case she wouldn't have been dead more than 6 hours when she was found.

Right?

The "bruises all over her body" could be a witnesses impression from seeing lividity on her front from being face down after death. Don't you think that might look like bruises?

If somebody knows a doctor who can clear this up it would be cool if they could get them here. I have a feeling it will take a lot of time and who knows if it would even be possible to find someone willing to spend that time.

I have no medical information to share, I just wanted to comment on her weight listed in the autopsy. I will admit I've never gotten real into MM, just kind of the outskirts of knowing who she is, questions surrounding her death, etc. But from what I remember, and pictures I've seen, wasn't she a fairly voluptuous woman? Her weight and height listed is actually fairly small. I'm shorter than she's listed as, and have always been somewhere around her listed weight. Depending on how much I work out (so my weight being more muscle vs. fat), I've actually been accused of looking too skinny. So, her being taller than me with that weight seems awfully tiny compared to what I know about her.

I have no medical information to share, I just wanted to comment on her weight listed in the autopsy. I will admit I've never gotten real into MM, just kind of the outskirts of knowing who she is, questions surrounding her death, etc. But from what I remember, and pictures I've seen, wasn't she a fairly voluptuous woman? Her weight and height listed is actually fairly small. I'm shorter than she's listed as, and have always been somewhere around her listed weight. Depending on how much I work out (so my weight being more muscle vs. fat), I've actually been accused of looking too skinny. So, her being taller than me with that weight seems awfully tiny compared to what I know about her.

I thought the exact same thing when I read that!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/01/marilyn.monroe.film/index.html

The rights to the film are going up on Ebay for those of you who have deep pockets and are looking for a one of a kind gift for the MM lover in your life-the makers of a documentary coming out next year discovered the film while interviewing FBI agents.

This should be on the Marijuana thread too, since she was toking on a joint (that's what quite a few people are saying the cigarette was)!

This should be on the Marijuana thread too, since she was toking on a joint (that's what quite a few people are saying the cigarette was)!

She didnt hold the smoke in very long!!!! :innocent:

Wow. She is just as astonishingly beautiful and sexy in a home movie as in her media clips.

Did you notice that her wrist when she waved didn't have bones jutting out? Kate Moss could take lessons from MM.

I'm so fascinated by stuff like this. I love MM and to see a clip of her in a private moment is amazing. Back in those days, you didn't get to see many private moments of celebrities lives like we do nowadays. It seems so much more personal.

What a great find.

Wow. She is just as astonishingly beautiful and sexy in a home movie as in her media clips.

Did you notice that her wrist when she waved didn't have bones jutting out? Kate Moss could take lessons from MM.

BBM. You're right. She's breathtaking.

No, it says it's a silent home movie.

Sound would have been icing on the cake, though, wouldn't it?

Thanks! You are a very smart blonde! :thumb:
I didnt see that. Yes. That breathy voice of hers has been sooooo imitated, even by her contemporaries, such as Jayne Mansfield.

By now, you'd think the world has seen every picture of Marilyn Monroe in existence and heard every story there is to tell about the iconic actress, who would have turned 86 on June 1. But the June issue of Vanity Fair proves there's more Marilyn scoop to be had, even 40 years after her death. The magazine has published a set of six never-before-seen suggestive pictures of the star taken by photographer Lawrence Schiller (who was 23 and went by Larry Wolf back when he took the pics) during a legendary poolside photo shoot.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/aline/never-seen-pics-marilyn-monroe-released-124711320.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back