Lisa has been missing over four months now (poll)

My beliefs on who is responsible for taking Lisa four months ago

• My beliefs are firm.

Votes: 49 56.3%
  • My beliefs are squishy (not undecided but not firm)

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • My beliefs are undecided

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right about it'd be nice to know if DNA testing was ever done to confirm JI as Lisa's dad.

So is the DNA from the deceased baby's father? It sounded as if the DNA came from JI to compare to the remains. So then, it sounds like the baby has been ID'ed then, if they know who the father is. JMO

This story seems to be a huge waste of space. Clearly this is not Lisa's body.

"It wasn't immediately clear Tuesday where in Virginia the baby's remains were found or when. A baby's remains were found in October in Virginia Beach but a suspect was quickly taken into custody and remains were subsequently identified."

All that's weird is anyone questioning the connection. This was four months ago, why is the story just now coming out? Slow news day?

this is perhaps the weirdest story of them all in the baby Lisa saga.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16935107/dna-tests-reveal-remains-found-in-va-not

The remains of an infant found in Virginia were not that of missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin.

Kansas City Police Department spokesman Darin Snapp said Tuesday afternoon that Lisa's DNA was not used because authorities compared the DNA of the remains to the baby's father.

Rumors had spread on the internet Tuesday that the remains were Lisa's.

This story seems to be a huge waste of space. Clearly this is not Lisa's body.

"It wasn't immediately clear Tuesday where in Virginia the baby's remains were found or when. A baby's remains were found in October in Virginia Beach but a suspect was quickly taken into custody and remains were subsequently identified."

All that's weird is anyone questioning the connection. This was four months ago, why is the story just now coming out? Slow news day?

It's a very, very bizarre and weird story.

The best I can tell.....a boy's remains that were found in October and identified some weeks later has somehow gotten connected to the baby Lisa case. In February. How/why? KCPD isn't really able to say and I'm semi-mystified. I can't tell you for sure it's the Virginia Beach case but all signs are pointing to it.

The original report today says "recently" but I can't find any recent cases. I hope I'm missing something.

But the news article doesn't indicate that it's the same baby that was discovered in October. The last paragraph says "a baby's remains" but the writer of the article apparently isn't sure if it's the same baby or not. How weird.

But the news article doesn't indicate that it's the same baby that was discovered in October. The last paragraph says "a baby's remains" but the writer of the article apparently isn't sure if it's the same baby or not. How weird.

One would think the reporter would pick up a phone and get details for their story.

It's a very, very bizarre and weird story.

The best I can tell.....a boy's remains that were found in October and identified some weeks later has somehow gotten connected to the baby Lisa case. In February. How/why? KCPD isn't really able to say and I'm semi-mystified. I can't tell you for sure it's the Virginia Beach case but all signs are pointing to it.

The original report today says "recently" but I can't find any recent cases. I hope I'm missing something.

The "boy's" remains? The article doesn't mention that it was a boy. Was the original report written in October?

One would think the reporter would pick up a phone and get details for their story.

Who do you propose calling?

Darin Snapp and Steve Young have been called and emailed.

Without knowing what case, it's hard to know who to call in Virginia re authorities. Television stations throughout Virginia say there have been no RECENT remains of a baby around Lisa's age found.

Who do you propose calling?

Darin Snapp and Steve Young have been called and emailed.

Without knowing what case, it's hard to know who to call in Virginia re authorities. Television stations throughout Virginia say there have been no RECENT remains of a baby around Lisa's age found.

I would say LE in VA beach? How many dead babies have been found there in the past four months?

I think the original article must have been partially copied from the original story, and thus, the word "recently".

This was probably a tip called into KCPD and made into a bigger deal. Dead babies are found ALL the time, sadly. KCPD confirmed it wasn't her. Still don't see the mystery.

I would say LE in VA beach? How many dead babies have been found there in the past four months?

I think the original article must have been partially copied from the original story, and thus, the word "recently".

This was probably a tip called into KCPD and made into a bigger deal. Dead babies are found ALL the time, sadly. KCPD confirmed it wasn't her. Still don't see the mystery.

The original article on KMBC's site makes no mention of the Virginia Beach case.

In that case, a boy was found in October. An arrest made in October. That's not RECENT. The boy's remains would have been identified weeks ago, not RECENTLY.

Virginia Beach authorities would say the child's remains were identified some weeks ago, not recently.

What a crock......to borrow someone else's words. It must be a slow news day.

The original article on KMBC's site makes no mention of the Virginia Beach case.

In that case, a boy was found in October. An arrest made in October. That's not RECENT. The boy's remains would have been identified weeks ago, not RECENTLY.

Virginia Beach authorities would say the child's remains were identified some weeks ago, not recently.

I'm very confused. Your post says a boy's remains were found and connected to the Lisa Irwin case. The KMBC article states the body was of a female. There was a female baby found in a parking garage in October in Virginia.

"Kansas City police said the body of an 11-month-old girl recently found in Virginia is not that of missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin."

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/30457917/detail.html#ixzz1mOw4ROFD

I'm very confused. Your post says a boy's remains were found and connected to the Lisa Irwin case. The KMBC article states the body was of a female. There was a female baby found in a parking garage in October in Virginia.

"Kansas City police said the body of an 11-month-old girl recently found in Virginia is not that of missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin."

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/30457917/detail.html#ixzz1mOw4ROFD

makes two of us confused. How could a baby girl that was identified in November be connected to the Lisa Irwin case RECENTLY? Again, November isn't recent.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/va_beach/missing-baby-found-dead-identified

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152143"]Found Deceased VA - Janyiha Whiteman, 11 months, Virginia Beach, 1 Oct 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] - Janyiha Whiteman WebSleuth's thread. ---

To answer the OP's poll: I lean toward someone in that household /relative/friend/former acquaintance knows what happened to Lisa. Yet there is the possibility that a complete stranger did it. I will stay in the squishy camp for the moment, thank you.

I wonder why they took it down?! I'm going to Sam's Club tomorrow, where I saw one last time I was there. I'll see if it's still there.

I still haven't made it over to Sam's Club but hope to either tomorrow or the next day. If Baby Lisa's photo is no longer up - and it was the main missing child posted when I was there, i.e. largest picture - I am going to ask someone why it was taken down.

Lisa is not listed as kidnapped or abducted anywhere that I can find. Maybe this is old news to everyone, but it's new to me.

Lisa Irwin - Endangered Missing

LISA IRWIN
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Nov 11, 2010 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Oct 4, 2011 Race: White
Age Now: 1 Height: 2'6" (76 cm)
Missing City: KANSAS CITY Weight: 30 lbs (14 kg)
Missing State : MO Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC1180911
Circumstances: Both photos shown are of Lisa. She was last seen at home on October 4, 2011 at approximately 4:00 a.m. Lisa has a birthmark on her right thigh. She was last known to be wearing purple pants and a purple shirt with kittens on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back