The Hobbs Family Secret

Yes, hobbs ex wife's sister.

IMO, It has a lot to do with this and Pam or Pam's sister.

Two of three men who are the brand new witnesses (brought forward by a tip line paid for by supporters and God-only-knows other incentives) are pizzed at the Hobb family because a Hobb family member's testimony had them arrested in the past.

Pam's sister? Pam as in "the ex-wife of Terry Hobbs that hates him with an extreme passion"? lol

What happened with that? Was it all dropped after the Alford Pleas or was it done and the findings not released?

It was part of the agreement between the defense teams and the prosecutors that the state would allow the defense to carry on with any testing they had ordered, and Ellington then promised to look at any new evidence they brought to him.

I don't know whether or not those tests have been completed yet. The Bode lab only had its skates on earlier this year because Judge Laser had set a 90 day timetable for testing to be completed and returned to the court. Without that discipline in place, who knows how long they'll take?

Why doesn't Damien ask for these fibers to be retested? Hmmmm.
- the fiber found on Steven Branch’s shirt which matched a fiber from Jason Baldwin’s home
- the couple of fibers from a shirt at Damien Echols house which matched one on Michael’s Cub Scout cap and on his shirt

They did. Jason's defense team requested the fibre testing, and Damien's defense team joined in with that request and then added a wish list of their own.

ETA: and as I pointed out in an earlier post, fibres don't "match." They're not like DNA - they can either be consistent or inconsistent with each other, but they cannot be narrowed down to a specific individual garment even with today's science, let alone the science of 18 years ago.

Pam's sister? Pam as in "the ex-wife of Terry Hobbs that hates him with an extreme passion"? lol

No, as in Pam the mother of Stevie Branch, who loved her son and wants to see whoever killed him brought to justice.

Not that Pam has anything to do with these people who are making statements about the Hobbs family secret anyway. They're a group of people who are or were friends with Hobbs' nephew, and who contacted the defense apparently after seeing the 48 hrs episode on the wm3. Nothing to do with the Hicks family.

What happened with that? Was it all dropped after the Alford Pleas or was it done and the findings not released?
The Damien supporters are the one's holding the purse strings for the retesting and are not interested in retesting or we would hear them squawking about it.

Absolutely untrue, Pensfan. Here is the motion from Baldwin's lawyers requesting the fibre tests...

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/motions/jb_memo_fiber_release.html

And here is the brief filed by Echols formally joining in with all testing requests by Baldwin and Misskelley...

http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/de_2_18_11_brief.pdf

As anyone who listened to the DA's press conference after the Alford pleas could tell you, Ellington agreed with the defense that all those tests should be completed and that he would look at the results. He reiterated that at a later public Q and A session in Arkansas. That's absolutely untrue and misinformation that you have just posted.

And here is the motion by Echols to dismiss that request for testing here.
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/de_order_9_28_11.pdf

Also absolutely untrue misinformation. That is a motion to dismiss the Habeas Corpus writ which is a mandatory part of the appeals process for any person sentenced to death. As anyone who clicks on your link can read, the HC appeal was rendered moot by the vacation of the original conviction and the Alford plea, therefore the court was notified that it should be dismissed. That motion to dismiss has no relevance whatsoever to any forensic testing.

Incidentally, even if Echols did file a motion to dismiss the tests he had requested that still wouldn't stop the fibre tests, because those were requested by Jason Baldwin.

Cappucino, I admire your patience.

Cappuccino,

I respectfully disagree about an exact fiber match. It is my understanding that the newest fiber testing can, in fact, identify an exact garment as a source for a fiber. I believe that the results of the fiber testing just came back from Bode, right before West of Memphis premiered. When Pam and Judy were informed of the result, they hugged, crying. Then Judy inadvertently blurted out what was found out. I just don't know if the fiber evidence was included in the information sent to Ellington on January 19, 2012. I guess we'll all just have to wait a bit longer before we know.

As to the affidavits, can't the WMPD or someone get TH's brother under oath and see if he will reveal what he knows? I know that that's no guarantee that he will talk, but it's a start at least. Also, they should interview the nephew. If he was indiscreet enough to spill his guts to friends, maybe he can be persuaded to tell the police. If obtainable, his testimony should be admissible under the same hearsay exclusion as the "softball girls'" testimony was. Someone is going to break in this case. I don't think it will be TH, but it could be. Time will tell, and I don't think it will be too much time at that!

The Damien supporters are the one's holding the purse strings for the retesting and are not interested in retesting or we would hear them squawking about it.

This seems to imply that people who support the WM3 are not interested in the truth -- and would purposely cover for murderers. I disagree. The people who believe in their innocence base this belief on what they have heard/read/seen. I can't believe that thousands and thousands of people are supporting the 3 in spite of "the truth." The truth is subjective at this point.

I also don't believe that people who think the 3 are guilty are doing it because they randomly hate people and have no regard for truth. Again, without solid, incontrovertible evidence on either side, the truth remains subjective.

I think what everyone on this thread wants the truth, supporters and nons alike.

how long was this secret kept?

I'm not sure, but I get the feeling that it was years. The witnesses only came forward after seeing the tip line. I don't even know when the nephew spilled his guts to his friends. Since Ellington now has the affidavits but is denying that fact, we won't know until he releases to affidavits to the public.

I'm not sure, but I get the feeling that it was years. The witnesses only came forward after seeing the tip line. I don't even know when the nephew spilled his guts to his friends. Since Ellington now has the affidavits but is denying that fact, we won't know until he releases to affidavits to the public.

I read that one of them heard about it in late 2003 I think.

so a long time.

Does anybody know where the boys are buried?

I know in the Darlie R. case, they set up a hidden camera just in case she confessed.

The boys are buried in West Memphis. I don't think any secret cameras are set up because LE purports to believe that the case is solved.

I believe that the results of the fiber testing just came back from Bode, right before West of Memphis premiered. When Pam and Judy were informed of the result, they hugged, crying. Then Judy inadvertently blurted out what was found out. I just don't know if the fiber evidence was included in the information sent to Ellington on January 19, 2012. I guess we'll all just have to wait a bit longer before we know.

I've looked at WM3.org and many other places and cannot find any mention of this fiber except for the posts here.

So how would you know this? Were you at Sundance and overheard her?

Also absolutely untrue misinformation. That is a motion to dismiss the Habeas Corpus writ which is a mandatory part of the appeals process for any person sentenced to death. As anyone who clicks on your link can read, the HC appeal was rendered moot by the vacation of the original conviction and the Alford plea, therefore the court was notified that it should be dismissed. That motion to dismiss has no relevance whatsoever to any forensic testing.

Incidentally, even if Echols did file a motion to dismiss the tests he had requested that still wouldn't stop the fibre tests, because those were requested by Jason Baldwin.

What do you think that the defenses dismissal was for?

Here are the documents where they want to test and then where they dismiss the testing.

October 29, 2007
Second Amended Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (Echols) [District Court]
http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/2nd_Amend...10-29-2007.pdf

September 8, 2011
Motion to Dismiss Second Amended Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus (Echols) [District Court]

http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/de_motion_dismiss_habeas.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back