CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see her car being left there with belongings stored safely in the trunk (as she was known to keep the rear windows down) as something she may have done.. even done several times in the past. It was a place she was known to spend many, many hours at without anyone thinking anything hinky. She had her keys on her... If she was planning on a quick meeting why tote a backpack around? Her cell most likely was inside of it. She had her keys and that was all she needed. If she was meeting him secretly.. why take the phone and have it ring and have to explain away to anyone? I bet she expected to be back and drive back home without a hitch.. but something happened in between.
Or alternatively, if she was supposed to be at a neutral place "cooling off" and no one in her family knew she was seeing TN, all the more reason to have the phone with her in case someone in the family called. She could always choose not to answer it, but at least she'd know if someone called. I am beginning to wonder just how much time she really did spend at B&N or the gym though. Now it seems going there sounds more like a place to be out of contact with family while seeing TN.......MOO

I am having trouble thinking up a motive as to why he would harm her...it is her family who first said she was upset and cooling off, that did not come from him initially, he just confirmed it. I am leaning more toward something else happening to her, in part as I don't want it to be him, I guess, as it is less likely to me that she is alive, if he is the one. Just my opinion.

Do we know what exactly was in her backpack? Items for going to the gym? Study materials? I'm curious to know what she had taken with her that night in the backpack? It might point me in one direction or another with my thinking about what her plans might have been after leaving B & N.

good point, maybe the items she had with her led LE to think she was having an affair? And they confronted her ex-boss, since that is who she was speaking with?

I am by no means suggesting that Phuong committed suicide... by NO means, but please read the following articles. They discuss the pressure that many SE Asian-American young adults feel, which leads them to commit suicide at a rate much higher than other segments of the population at their age--especially in young Asian-American women:

Push to achieve tied to suicide in Asian-American women

STORY HIGHLIGHTS:

• Suicide second-leading cause of death for Asian-American women 15-24
• Highest suicide rate among women of any race, ethnicity for that age group
• Experts cite "model minority" expectations, family pressures as factors

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- One evening in 1990, Eliza Noh hung up the phone with her sister. Disturbed about the conversation, Noh immediately started writing a letter to her sister, a college student who was often depressed. "I told her I supported her, and I encouraged her," Noh says.

But her sister never read the letter. By the time it arrived, she'd killed herself.

Moved by that tragedy, Noh has spent much of her professional life studying depression and suicide among Asian-American women. An assistant professor of Asian-American studies at California State University at Fullerton, Noh has read the sobering statistics from the Department of Health and Human Services: Asian-American women ages 15-24 have the highest suicide rate of women in any race or ethnic group in that age group. Suicide is the second-leading cause of death for Asian-American women in that age range. (Watch more about Asian-Americans' feelings of pressure to hide depression Video )

Depression starts even younger than age 15. Noh says one study has shown that as young as the fifth grade, Asian-American girls have the highest rate of depression so severe they've contemplated suicide.

More: http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/05/16/asian.suicides/index.html

Asian Americans' Rising Suicide Rates

Three Chinese-American students at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have killed themselves in the last three months. Two died by helium asphyxiation and the cause of death of the third student, though deemed a suicide, is yet to be determined. Their stories have been covered in the Chinese language media, but remain virtually unreported in the mainstream.

These suicides are anything but isolated incidents. Popular opinion may project Asians and Asian Americans as super achievers, scoring high on the SAT, dominating prestigious colleges and working as high-paid professionals, but the dark side of that narrative is that they are much more likely than the average American to commit suicide, according to a recent report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

At Cornell University, for instance, 13 of the 21 student suicide victims between 1996 and 2006 were Asians or Asian Americans. That picture is not complete unless you consider that Asians make up of only 14 percent of the total Cornell student body. Cornell is so concerned that in 2002 it formed a special Asian and Asian American Campus Climate Task Force to look into the reason behind the high number of suicides.

Stanley Sue, a professor of psychology and Asian-American studies at the University of California at Davis who has studied suicide rates among Asian Americans, believes part of the problem is that Asian Americans are not likely to talk about their psychological problems.

MORE: http://www.wiretapmag.org/stories/44447/

Maybe, if LE has her phone they found text messages that indicated they were in a relationship?

bottom line:

1-there is evidence of relationship that has previously been denied

2-she spent lots of time at barnes and noble and would get home before midnight: but as per their hours they close at ten (possible liason location?)

3-former boss was the last called

4-former boss home is reachable from barnes and noble via walking trails

5-former boss' picture shown to PL's brother when the investigation started

6-PL's brother said that she did not know the area well and spent her time at home, the gym, or at "b/n" (which is why he was able to locate her car so quickly)

bottom line:

2-she spent lots of time at barnes and noble and would get home before midnight: but as per their hours they close at ten (possible liason location?)

6-PL's brother said that she did not know the area well and spent her time at home, the gym, or at "b/n" (which is why he was able to locate her car so quickly)

I think that there is something to this. I think that she kept the relationship hidden from her family because it would be something about which they would admonish her. I can't imagine the shame that would be foisted upon her by her family if they had known about the relationship between her and her former boss, especially with him being a married man.

I wonder if Phuong was dealing with depression that she kept hidden from her siblings and parents. I hope that she had a friend to whom she could talk about anything without being judged. Every person needs and deserves a friend like that.

bottom line:

And what hasn't been mentioned very much is the gym. Her brother looked there for her first, before going to the B&N, but what I would like to know is how often she went to the gym, when she'd last been there, and when she did go, what time of day/night was it and how long did she stay? If TN isn't involved, could someone at the gym have been stalking her? :waitasec:

I hope it is not the case but I am expecting LE to name her ex-boss as at least a POI very soon. I just don't think they would have executed two elaborate searches just because they were having an affair. They have to know more, IMO, as far as phone pings, video, or something. In TX, LE is saying they can't check on Julie Gonzales phone records, etc when she has been gone for over a month, as no indication of foul play...(which I do not believe) yet here LE is doing full search warrants...imo they must know more than we do.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but after reading the post by PufnStuf (I love your hat - lol) I'm wondering if she wasn't pregnant, and that "failure" (with a married man) and a family that may cast her off (if cultural/social norms...seems like they are first-generation immigrants (parents) caused her such despair, that along with depression may have ended badly. I really hope not.

So. Either she told the guy she was pregnant and he harmed her or perhaps she ended her life. I hope to GOD not. Just an idea.

P.S. - Does anyone know the "view" on an unmarried asian woman getting pregnant in her situation? Is it worse than the stigma here? (The married man part)

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but after reading the post by PufnStuf (I love your hat - lol) I'm wondering if she wasn't pregnant, and that "failure" (with a married man) and a family that may cast her off (if cultural/social norms...seems like they are first-generation immigrants (parents) caused her such despair, that along with depression may have ended badly. I really hope not.

So. Either she told the guy she was pregnant and he harmed her or perhaps she ended her life. I hope to GOD not. Just an idea.
I want to know when and where she met with this guy. We most likely will never know this since he seems to be in another world and denying it to the bank. Obviously for LE to state that they DID have a relationship... it is huge.

and why would she sacrifice her career that she worked so hard for? Wouldn't she just dump him? could this have been the linchpin?

with her boards over and her career in motion could she have been planning to end the relationship?

I am having trouble thinking up a motive as to why he would harm her...it is her family who first said she was upset and cooling off, that did not come from him initially, he just confirmed it. I am leaning more toward something else happening to her, in part as I don't want it to be him, I guess, as it is less likely to me that she is alive, if he is the one. Just my opinion.

Thinking of a motive is difficult because we know so little.
How long was the relationship??
How serious?
How much time did they spend together and where did they go for romance?

What if Phoung Le wanted to break it off - and he was jealous or couldn't stand the thought of not seeing her as a mistress?? And it all escalated?

bottom line:

What doesn't make sense to me... If she was having an affair with TN, then both would want it kept secret. So if B&N was the 'cover story', why tell her family she's going to be in the place she'd most likely be seen with him? Or one where they could so easily find out she'd been lying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater