***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to get some identifying information about the truck or driver? Location. Then call/email the tip to LE. Somewhere two threads ago, someone posted that they were still stopping Z71's in Lafayette, her husband or friend included..so hopefully they will follow up on every tip.

i guess i'm falling victim to the bystander effect. i feel like they are getting so many calls about white trucks that aren't trucks that fit the description that they aren't going to follow up on the license plate number of a truck that does fit the description, ya know. so i'm sort of feeling like i shouldn't even bother. they should be able to pull up all the white trucks registered in LA with those descriptions anyway.

i guess i'm falling victim to the bystander effect. i feel like they are getting so many calls about white trucks that aren't trucks that fit the description that they aren't going to follow up on the license plate number of a truck that does fit the description, ya know. so i'm sort of feeling like i shouldn't even bother. they should be able to pull up all the white trucks registered in LA with those descriptions anyway.

Don't be discouraged. I know how you feel and I have had to step back then step forward. Somebody here said thick skin awhile back too.. so I grew some and will still keep trying to find a way to help find Miss Mickey and I am doing it for her and her family. Because I would want someone to do it for mine. <3

he was obviously silenced. within a period of about 2 weeks everyone seemed to go silent. within this time frame the family asked ACI to step down and they then declined to do the radio interview.
I can not understand the reason for silence. A couple of weeks ago I hoped it was for a good reason, maybe they were watching someone. Now it looks like that may not be the case.

I have a naive side that wants to believe that in real life people can't be silenced. Especially in a case like this. Also, I can not believe le has nothing.

I hope and pray Mickey will be found and whoever did this is brought to justice.

he was obviously silenced. within a period of about 2 weeks everyone seemed to go silent. within this time frame the family asked ACI to step down and they then declined to do the radio interview.

Silenced by whom? and for what reason?

Some have left them, some have buried them (quite a few), some have dismembered them and thrown them in water...some have kept them for long periods of time before becoming bored and doing any one of the before mentioned. Some of used different weapons, different cars, bikes, different states, some have never been caught and killed hundreds...because of narrow thinking and pegging their crimes into one town, state or MO.

Some bury the bodies under their houses/on their property (John Wayne Gacy) or keep the bodies in their houses (Jeffrey Dahmer)....

I think a perp keeping Mickey's remains if she has passed (which I hope is not the case) is almost....I hate to say....smart....if the police don't have enough on you to get a warrant, they can't search your property....I mean, they can't get a search warrant for everyone in South Louisiana who owns a 4 door white Z71 & who knows if at this point if they have any other info on the possible perp- I hope they do (or if the Z71 is even connected)...

ok, so if all we've got is a white 4 door chevy Z71 with black handles, what should we do when we see a truck that qualifies, has all those features? i've seen 4 that definitely qualify. one today on LA1 South heading towards plaquemine. should we try to get their plate number?? LE didn't ask us to, and quite frankly, i'm not so sure that they give a darn about the white truck anymore.

I see like 4 each way on my Lafayette-BR commute every day!

Some bury the bodies under their houses/on their property (John Wayne Gacy) or keep the bodies in their houses (Jeffrey Dahmer)....

I think a perp keeping Mickey's remains if she has passed (which I hope is not the case) is almost....I hate to say....smart....if the police don't have enough on you to get a warrant, they can't search your property....I mean, they can't get a search warrant for everyone in South Louisiana who owns a 4 door white Z71 & who knows if at this point if they have any of info on the possible perp- I hope they do (or if the Z71 is even connected)...

Agreed. They also cannot legally stop you or search your vehicle without probable cause and driving a Z71 isn't probable cause. So they are restricted, in their defense.

Thanks! But it's just dooming on me how this discussion over the weeks has gone to we think she's passed. As horrible as it sounds I'd rather her to than be held captive and tortured for this long! Dunno why but this case and brittney wood case is really affecting me. I hope MS is found so her family can have piece of mind.

do we still not know what mickey did that DAY? doesn't matter if she was totally wrong place wrong time, but IF it was a more planned out thing, maybe retracing her day might spark something?

I think that Mickey was a victim of a random criminal opportunity abduction. I think she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and someone came upon her when she was most vulnerable, and overpowered her quickly, no muss, no fuss.

I was at my 20 yr old DD's apartment recently with 4 of her friends. I forced them to review a few of these cases because they all ride their bikes to school and back and sometimes ride home alone after dark. They felt pretty safe but I worked hard to shatter that illusion of invulnerability. They promised to not ride all alone late at night and to call each other if they need someone to pick them up if it is late.

I've had that same talk with some young ladies. They are SO RESISTANT to the idea that they need to be careful. They don't want to live in fear, they want the world to be safe.....I hope some of them have decided not to ride alone or put themselves in harm's way, but I bet most of them will keep on with their risky behavior.

"A private investigator hired by the family of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick said he is encouraged by clues in the case, and suggests that two individuals may have been involved in the Lafayette woman's disappearance."

"Abdella also says he has been given items thought to have been with Shunick the night she vanished...I'm in the process of establishing if they are, in fact, hers. We don't know yet".

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...nclick_check=1

What ever has come of this? This was back on June 8th....nearly a month ago now! Yet nothing more has been said. No descriptions of the two possible suspects has ever been given and no confirmation has been given of if the items given to him were Mickey's.

Nothing has come of it. And media doesn't seem to be interested in trying to nail him down on what he found, or whether the potential perps have been ruled in or out.

It is AMAZING to me how quiet it is about Mickey right now. And very unusual for us Cajuns who love to hang out in the front yard and chat with our neighbors.

You have a few options. First, you can go directly home and mail a donation to a charity. Second, you could go to the Red Cross and donate blood. Third, you could go to the Salvation Army or some local volunteer center and see if they need a hand.

I laughed! Then I realized that all you have suggested will likely bring as much results in finding Mickey as calling in a tip about a white truck. It's just so sad.

Here's a theory to chew on...and is as far-fetched I'm going on it.

What if she was getting on the phone and dropped it? No connection made in the call or sending a text. She would have stopped in the street to pick it up. DWT hits her bike and she begins to walk home. Her phone is broken and is abducted on the way.

Yes?

I think we have a good picture (albeit edited) of a strong possibility that her bike is under the truck. Not her, based on what LE said.

do we still not know what mickey did that DAY? doesn't matter if she was totally wrong place wrong time, but IF it was a more planned out thing, maybe retracing her day might spark something?

I am sure LE knows by now, but obviously they do not need anything from the public with regards to her activities that day, since they are not asking. I guess they don't think the public can be of much use, unless they happen to find the driver of the truck, and not even sure that would be useful at this point.

I am sure LE knows by now, but obviously they do not need anything from the public with regards to her activities that day, since they are not asking. I guess they don't think the public can be of much use, unless they happen to find the driver of the truck, and not even sure that would be useful at this point.

good point

how long would forensics on bike have taken? i know LE isn't going to reveal the results, but i'm just wondering when the results would have likely all been in. i remember mouton saying that not ALL were in yet, but that was a while back.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...opnews|text|FRONTPAGE&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

It's also interesting to note that the caption under the photo of the private investigator on that site says..

"Private Investigator John Abdella gathers evidence and takes notes in his search for missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick."

Yet he's holding a pen on top of a blank notepad. :waitasec:

Nah, it's not blank. The photochoppers will be along to tell us exactly what's written on that notepad (or under it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah