Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
(snip)
Police say Cooper's husband was the last person to see her Saturday morning, but do not consider him a suspect.
"We've been in constant communication with the husband since Saturday. And we're talking directly with him," Cary Police Chief Pat Bazemore said. "We have not named a person of interest or a suspect."
At a press conference Monday evening, Bazemore said Cooper's husband did not report her missing. He did not say why Brad Cooper didn't report his wife missing.
"She went out running, was going to help friend paint and didn't show up. A friend called 911 just before 3 p.m. to report her missing," Bazemore said. "The last person who actually saw her was Brad Cooper when she came home that night and first thing in the morning."
No word of the kids also saw her. The children have been with father, family and friends.
I also noticed in one of the articles that she was supposed to start her jog at Java Jive. I wonder if anyone saw her there? I'm sure hoping the husband isn't involved in Nancy's disappearance, but it still seems odd to me she'd go out alone without the cellphone or any ID ~ and the children are too young to be an alibi for him, imo. I too find it odd he didn't report her missing but her friends did. I wonder if she'd tipped them off that everything at home might not be as ok as the husband wants LE to believe.

(snip)
Police say Cooper's husband was the last person to see her Saturday morning, but do not consider him a suspect.
"We've been in constant communication with the husband since Saturday. And we're talking directly with him," Cary Police Chief Pat Bazemore said. "We have not named a person of interest or a suspect."
At a press conference Monday evening, Bazemore said Cooper's husband did not report her missing. He did not say why Brad Cooper didn't report his wife missing.
"She went out running, was going to help friend paint and didn't show up. A friend called 911 just before 3 p.m. to report her missing," Bazemore said. "The last person who actually saw her was Brad Cooper when she came home that night and first thing in the morning."
No word of the kids also saw her. The children have been with father, family and friends.

Notice the key words "not named" a person of interest.
Last thing they want is for him to lawyer up like wife killer, Jason Young.

Like I said, textbook police psychology when talking about the husband
(prime suspect...imo)

Notice the key words "not named" a person of interest.
Last thing they want is for him to lawyer up like wife killer, Jason Young.

Like I said, textbook police psychology when talking about the husband
(prime suspect...imo)
Good point! I think he has to be looked at just because he was the last person to have seen her. Maybe her friends also told LE something that LE isn't revealing, like why they called and reported her missing after such a short period of time.

She has an identical twin sister. How sad.
I've heard it said that a twin can instinctively know if their twin is in danger, has been hurt or is dead. I wonder what Nancy's twin feels?

It strikes me as odd that friends would report Nancy missing and not her husband, Brad.

It's also weird, imo, that Brad wasn't at the news conference.

Not sure if y'all noticed, I have an announcement posted 'forum wide'.volunteers needed.....

Help needed for search efforts underway in Cary North Carolina for Missing woman, Nancy Cooper: please contact the CUE Center for Missing Persons if able to provide resources or help. Thank you

Monica Caison
CUE Center for Missing Persons
PO Box 12714 Wilmington, NC 28405
(910) 343-1131 or (910) 232-1687
cuecenter@aol.com
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org

It strikes me as odd that friends would report Nancy missing and not her husband, Brad.

It's also weird, imo, that Brad wasn't at the news conference.
I too am really beginning to think there's some meaning to this. Look how quickly an all-out search was started. Normally there's supposed to be a 24-hr. period before LE will even get involved. I really think now that the friends said something to LE that Nancy had told them "if she's ever late ~ ".

Not sure if y'all noticed, I have an announcement posted 'forum wide'.volunteers needed.....

Help needed for search efforts underway in Cary North Carolina for Missing woman, Nancy Cooper: please contact the CUE Center for Missing Persons if able to provide resources or help. Thank you

Monica Caison
CUE Center for Missing Persons
PO Box 12714 Wilmington, NC 28405
(910) 343-1131 or (910) 232-1687
cuecenter@aol.com
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org
Thanks for posting this! I'm over 2 hrs. away from Cary & can't get away from work, but we've got some family & friends a little closer who might be able to help. :)

I'm definitely suspicious and that was before learning about "marital issues". It's my interpretation of his voice on the Fox interview this morning. He sounded more nervous than concerned.

I'm wondering if an innocent person whose wife and the mother of his children has just disappeared, who is suddenly being interviewed by LE and has the national media swooping down on them is not allowed to be "nervous". I really don't think any of us could possibly predict or even imagine what our voice might sound like or our reaction might be if we were walking a mile in the same shoes.

Why would the husband not call police if she went out for a jog at 6 am and not home by 2:45?

I am a friend of Nancy Cooper’s and am directly involved in the search efforts. I would like to pose a question to the websleuths community as it appears many of you have followed missing persons cases. The volunteers are currently talking with the police to obtain recommendations on areas to search (running trails, off-trail areas, etc). We are posting flyers all over town, and the local and national news are covering the story. We have a website setup to disseminate information. Could the websleuth members suggest any other actions that the volunteers could do?

I too am really beginning to think there's some meaning to this. Look how quickly an all-out search was started. Normally there's supposed to be a 24-hr. period before LE will even get involved. I really think now that the friends said something to LE that Nancy had told them "if she's ever late ~ ".

The 24 hour thing is no longer a requirement, for adults that are not in imminent physical danger, it can be immediate based on the discression of LE. I'm guessing the fact that hubby did not report it, the friend did, LE confirms with Hubby she is not around is enough.

I am not basing my opinion on whether or not the hubby looks nervous.
I'm basing it on the fact that it has been 72 hours, I know that LE has at least completed an initial paralell investigation into the husband (standard protocol) which would be enough time to rule him out; they have not.
If she is not located by tomorrow I predict their will be search warrants, unless they have already been executed and have been sealed. In addition to the prob cause which would net surveillance and wiretap if substantiated.

Their pressr wording is very indicative of LE protecting the integrity of the investigation and ultimately finding Nancy; which I am guessing is their priority. We have all seen too many of these cases, and I can't honestly think of a one that ends well under these circumstances.

I am a friend of Nancy Cooper’s and am directly involved in the search efforts. I would like to pose a question to the websleuths community as it appears many of you have followed missing persons cases. The volunteers are currently talking with the police to obtain recommendations on areas to search (running trails, off-trail areas, etc). We are posting flyers all over town, and the local and national news are covering the story. We have a website setup to disseminate information. Could the websleuth members suggest any other actions that the volunteers could do?

I recommend contacting Texas Equusearch, I can provide you the specific contact info, and give them a heads up the family will be reaching out, but they need the MP case data from a family member initially.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I recommend contacting Texas Equusearch, I can provide you the specific contact info, and give them a heads up the family will be reaching out, but they need the MP case data from a family member initially.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Yes, if there are areas to be searched, surely contact TES...family must request help. They have AMAZING resources.

I have contact info for case mgr if you need contact info, email me.

A body has just been found floating in a body of water near where she lives. Greta is talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth