Searching for Anna

Does anyone know exactly what happens when a tip is sent in??

i know it takes a while to investigate... It'll be a month tomorrow that I sent in some info that i had... Do they really check each tip? Do they notify family members when credible tips come in?? I had such high hopes for the info I gave. The resemblance is spot on. But I haven't heard any good news about Anna being found. How do I find out if they investigated my tip?

i know it takes a while to investigate... It'll be a month tomorrow that I sent in some info that i had... Do they really check each tip? Do they notify family members when credible tips come in?? I had such high hopes for the info I gave. The resemblance is spot on. But I haven't heard any good news about Anna being found. How do I find out if they investigated my tip?

Hi WantingToHelp,
Can you followup with a call to the Detective in charge of Anna's case? Did you send the tip online or call it in? I don't know how long it would take, but I would hope they are investigating your information!
The person of interest, is she in Cali?

I sent in a tip online through the missing website. Didn't get a reply saying they received it or anything.

Dont want to give out too much info, in case this really is Anna that I found.

what I can say is that this lady is the same age as Anna, has the same facial features as Anna, has blondish curly hair like Anna, has a child/grandchild/niece who is about 5yrs old that looks just like Anna and to top it all off, the lady's name is very close to the name Anna.

If this lady isn't Anna, then it's her twin!!

i don't want to reveal the personal details. But I do have this lady's name, address, phone # etc. all found online. Also a handful of pics.

one thing I can say is that this person is not in California .

i actually came upon all this info the 1st time I searched for Anna... Just over a month ago. The wording I used in the search engine is what immediately gave me all the info. I didn't have to dig for anything. It was weird.

I sent in a tip online through the missing website. Didn't get a reply saying they received it or anything.

Dont want to give out too much info, in case this really is Anna that I found.

what I can say is that this lady is the same age as Anna, has the same facial features as Anna, has blondish curly hair like Anna, has a child/grandchild/niece who is about 5yrs old that looks just like Anna and to top it all off, the lady's name is very close to the name Anna.

If this lady isn't Anna, then it's her twin!!

i don't want to reveal the personal details. But I do have this lady's name, address, phone # etc. all found online. Also a handful of pics.

one thing I can say is that this person is not in California .

i actually came upon all this info the 1st time I searched for Anna... Just over a month ago. The wording I used in the search engine is what immediately gave me all the info. I didn't have to dig for anything. It was weird.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/w/waters_anna.html

Please call the San Mateo sheriffs office as per the above link.
415-364-1811

Thanks!

I also want to add that TIMING is everything... Googling the exact same words that I used a month ago, I now get nothing. Zip. Zero. Nil. None. Can't find the info anymore.

Either i I hit the enter button at the perfect time or the info was removed by police.

The only way I can find this person now is through the Facebook page link I saved.

I also want to add that TIMING is everything... Googling the exact same words that I used a month ago, I now get nothing. Zip. Zero. Nil. None. Can't find the info anymore.

Either i I hit the enter button at the perfect time or the info was removed by police.

The only way I can find this person now is through the Facebook page link I saved.
Hi, WantingToHelp. Have you any more information to share? Thanks :)

Hi, WantingToHelp. Have you any more information to share? Thanks :)

Well I did discover this morning that the woman I found, whose name resembles the name "Anna" isn't using her real name. There also seems to be a father, uncle or male relative of this lady who has a criminal background and done jail time.

Does anyone know how to find out if a person was in fact adopted? Any search sites that I could look at?

Is there any reason to believe the Anna look alike is adopted? Or was not raised by her biological family?

I ask this because we've sleuthed some Anna look alike's before and what I have done is search for family to see if there is any resemblence. If the resemblence with siblings and parents is strong, I use that as a means to rule out.

I can't find any pics of this woman's mother/father/siblings. Relatives from her husbands side, who has recently died, but that's it. The factual comparisons like name, age, race, hair coloring, have come from online public records. The feature comparisons to "Anna" come from this lady, her daughters and their daughters.

Also, when sleuthing the new information that I found yesterday about this lady actually having a different first name than the one she uses, I did come across relatives names. Only had a few minutes to search, but the person who I think might be the father, the initial Google search said that he was African American. But again, I could have been looking at the wrong person. I only had a few minutes to search deeper for more clues.

Can't find difinitive proof yet, nothing set in stone... but the relatives im finding are all African American with criminal backgrounds. From driving arrests to child rape.

Again, I could be looking at the wrong people. Still trying to make sure I'm looking at the correct relatives. I will say this though... this lady's relatives names are more commonly linked to African American rather than Caucasian.

Also, when sleuthing the new information that I found yesterday about this lady actually having a different first name than the one she uses, I did come across relatives names. Only had a few minutes to search, but the person who I think might be the father, the initial Google search said that he was African American. But again, I could have been looking at the wrong person. I only had a few minutes to search deeper for more clues.

Anna has beautiful , exotic features. I can picture a light-skinned , blonde African - American woman being an "Anna look-alike".

Hi, WantingToHelp, have you learned any more about this woman who looks like Anna? Thanks.

I don't know where you reported the tip, but the family was not notified one way or the other. Because this is such as old case, you might find a better response from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children hotline (Google it; I don't have the number at hand.) Thanks for your interest, WantingToHelp.

Since we have had literally dozens of "Anna look-alikes", we really need something more than a physical appearance in order to investigate further. I recently had some correspondence with someone who thought she might be Anna, and it turned out to be someone who apparently had read posts on WebSleuths and had come up with a convincing story. When finally I saw photos, there was no resemblance at all, and I felt very sad that someone would fabricate a story like that.

Wanting to Help,

Do you have reason to believe that she was adopted or that she was not raised by her birth family? Is it just that she looks so much like Anna, or is there a hinky childhood story to match?

Since we have had literally dozens of "Anna look-alikes", we really need something more than a physical appearance in order to investigate further. I recently had some correspondence with someone who thought she might be Anna, and it turned out to be someone who apparently had read posts on WebSleuths and had come up with a convincing story. When finally I saw photos, there was no resemblance at all, and I felt very sad that someone would fabricate a story like that.

Awww. I am so sorry to hear that. What an awful thing for you to endure. I am so sorry. :heartbeat:

I can't find any pics of this woman's mother/father/siblings. Relatives from her husbands side, who has recently died, but that's it. The factual comparisons like name, age, race, hair coloring, have come from online public records. The feature comparisons to "Anna" come from this lady, her daughters and their daughters.

Maybe check hs yearbooks? If you can determine when and where she went to HS. Searching for siblings through yearbooks is one of the ways I would try and check for family resemblence.

NCMEC tele is 1-800 The Lost

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back