UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the air time on NG...

No I don't think the Tiger show is a good use of NG time

but honestly....I am not sure that showing Susan Powell case is going to do much good..

it seems pretty certain that the hubby did it...it is a remote area and no one who watches NG probably "saw" anything

There are so many missing children that I feel it would be a better use to show some of those cases or cases that don't get air time

Yes, I feel sorry for Susan...but this has been pretty "transparent" to me from day one....
hubby did it

we just will watch this play out but I don't expect many surprises

seems like a "rerun" of other cases I must say

I do think her poor family is holding their fire due to 1)LE telling them to..and 2) concern for her boys

I hope this miserable little worm man "breaks" and gives them closure and stops his charade

After reading just about everything I could find about this case, after this interview, I come away with the idea that Josh's sister, IMHO, believes her brother may have done harm to Susan and her husband does too. He just couldn't say it in the interivew,................but in other words, he did say what his suspicions were. He's AVOIDED answering that question, "Do you think Josh had anything to do with Susan's disappearance?" He 'Prays" Josh isn't responsible for Susan's disappearance. (that's quite telling, in and of itself)

Josh's bil said Susan was very close to Josh's sister. I believe Josh's sister was initially, meaning upon learning the boys and Susan hadn't shown up for their regularly scheduled daycare and work, was in danger. When her worst fears were later confirmed, I think she KNOWS Josh did something but fears asking him, because she knows or believes, he did do something but he's not going to tell her AND, if he were to answer truthfully, she honestly doesn't want to hear it. Not that she doesn't want to know what happened and find Susan, but once her brother confesses, it's all over.

This is a terrible dilemma for a family. No one wants to believe one of their family members could hurt someone else. That's not to say they'll protect them IF and when they find out they did, but I could totally see where you don't WANT to believe it.

Josh appears to be in a fragile state, IMO. His weepy demeanor tells me what he did may be bothering him a lot. Just like Mark Hacking. Mark was tormented. Didn't do Lori any good by then, but you know what I mean. Many of these guys just look you right in the eye and tell you lies. Josh just doesn't seem like he's necessarily made the same as many of the others. Maybe like Mark Hacking, but a Scott Peterson or Brad Cooper, calm, cool, etc......I just don't see it here.

JMHO
fran

PS..........again, let's hope he cracks like Mark did.....:( fran

More random thoughts:

If JoVonna had anything to do with it I will join the other poster (so sorry, I forgot who this was) and munch on my Tupperware. Going with gut feeling here, but no way, no how imo. I definitely think he acted alone from start to finish.

The pre-meditated theory - I'm still thinking spur of the moment, but agree that in a sense it might have been pre-meditated as in "one of these days..." type of thing.

I completely understand why everyone thinks Josh isn't real smart but I think he's smarter than it looks. Smart enough to have a better alibi than a freezing tiny tot camping trip. If it was definitely, pre-meditated and planned out I definitely think something went wrong. He probably didn't think he'd need an alibi, planning to be back before dawn.

I definitely see how he's controlling but does anyone also see signs of ADHD? Gosh, the way his pre-disappearance behavior is described:

Talks a Lot
Opinionated,
Spur of the Moment Activities
Needing to Have Control,
Job Hopping,
Financial Troubles Due to Irresponsible Spending
Inflated Ego
Not Seeming to Have a Lot of Friends

All of these are also signs of ADD. The above describes my ex to an absolute T and he was ADD to the core.

That's not to knock those with ADD either, I took the time to look into the condition and really understand my ex while we were still married. Once I did, we got along great and were able to steer a lot of his ADD traits into a slightly different direction that worked in his favor. If he only hadn't turned gay (not kidding) we'd still be married today. But then I'd never have met my DH today and I love him to bits. My ex and I are still friends though.

To clarify, being ADD has nothing to do with murder nor does it make one more likely to do such a thing. I just see some signs and wonder if anyone else sees the same or if it's just me.

Found where Susans dad said she was not feeling well.
Cox says Susan and Josh had a friend over for dinner Sunday evening. He says around 5 p.m., Susan said she wasn't feeling well and went to lie down.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8965718

I've heard it three ways.

1. She told Jovonna & Josh she wasn't feeling well.
2. She told Jovonna she was tired, then told Josh later she wasn't feeling well.
3. She was only feeling a little tired but never told either of them she wasn't feeling well.

The most recent info seems to be #3, but one thing is not disputed, she was tired and did go lie down that afternoon.

I have no idea what the facts are regarding her not feeling well. I don't believe a word that comes out of Josh's mouth so if JoVonna stated Susan only said she was a little tired, then that's what I'm going with. To my knowledge JoVonna never actually stated Susan said she was feeling sick.

I caught some of the JVM show last night, but missed where JoVonna was speaking. Just went back and watched it. One thing I find very interested is Josh's own words at the end of Part 2:

"We just miss her and want her back. (pause)My boys love her."

What about HIM? I didn't hear him say "I love her, miss her, and want her back"

ETA: I'm watching the Shepard Smith interview and, my bad, he DID say "I love her and my boys love her". That didn't pick up in the other video. Sounded like a pause in the video.

Talks a Lot
Opinionated,
Spur of the Moment Activities
Needing to Have Control,
Job Hopping,
Financial Troubles Due to Irresponsible Spending
Inflated Ego
Not Seeming to Have a Lot of Friends

All of these are also signs of ADD. The above describes my ex to an absolute T and he was ADD to the core.

That's not to knock those with ADD

In other treads these traits could be considered those of ... an INDIGO person.

:waitasec:

I have a few questions....

When did Susan ask the friend to come over? Was it at church earlier in the day?
What time did the friend go to the house to help her untangle the yarn?
How long were they working before dinner was served?
What time was dinner?

It has been stated that she laid down for a nap at 5:00. If she was drugged I would think it would take a little bit of time before the effects set in. Also, If it was not unusual for Susan to take afternoon naps, why would she ask someone to come over and help her with a project if she didn't expect to be able to accomplish the task? I guess I'm just seeing if there is a more precise timeline. TIA

This is not to be rude..but honestly this case is "elementary my dear Watson"

I think Josh could have had various problems....ADD etc...but frankly from what I see the Mormans want to handle stuff thru their church, their own counseling,

and they also seem to be a very "male centered" group....so maybe they "overlook" things
they also seem to be good people, who probably want to take a "positive" outlook...which is of not much use when the obvious answers are going to be negative which is what I fear here

Interesting fact I read : Prozac use is highest in the state of Utah??

Hopefully Josh will "crack" like Mark Hacking did and save everyone more drawn out agony

Hello everyone....I rarely post here but it seems like I am always lurking!!

Susan's disappearance is so terribly sad. How could this idiot take his little boys' mom away from them??? And at Christmas, no less. What an inconsiderate, selfish, egotistical waste of life.

Watching Susan's father on the video just hurt because the pain was absolutely palpable. That poor man. This is a cruelty that is so unforgiveable.

Susan looked like such a happy, beautiful lady and you can just see the joy and love on her face that she had for her sons.

This is just wrong and I hurt for Susan, her boys, her family and friends.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong....

sorry but i dont trust Jovanna. What did they talk about on the cell phone??? I'm not saying she helped JP kill Susan it's just kinda weird. Maybe she was a tattle or mother hen to the couple, but for the life of me I cant understand, nor will I ever, how anyone could be that niave.

When it comes to murder. I dont put it past anyone, ANYONE. My loyalty ends when someone takes a life. If your story has more holes than swiss cheese then I want answers. I get so mad at the loved ones that cover and take up for family members that clearly are disturbed or all the evidence points to them. I would at least be suspicious!!

I tell my family and friends don't kill anyone and let me find out about it. Cause I'm dropping the dime on them asap. I will snitch like a jailhouse rat!

Snipped:

Interesting fact I read : Prozac use is highest in the state of Utah??

EEK! I hope not, but I see you're right. Per this article, Utah is the top for anti-depressants. It also puts Illinois in the top 10 happiest. Um, okay... And South Dakota is the happiest!? Even above Hawaii? Maybe it's all just coincidental and doesn't have to do with region.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22087867

I think that Jovanna might be a busybody

also an "enabler"....maybe someone who was on Josh's side...always counseling Susan to be a good Morman wife and mother etc

I don't think she conspired with Josh...but I think that she is backed into a corner from her own support of him and her feelings for him...at heart she probably wishes she had not been so pro josh but now is "stuck" there

Hoping she is found soon and an arrest made maybe sooner. Hoping for the continued safety of the boys. Give it up Josh. Come clean please.

If Josh didn't cook much, nothing is simpler than whipping up some pancakes and eggs. Sure it would be easy enough to divvy up the portions himself, giving Susan a "special" pancake, but that wouldn't necessarily be the only purpose for this particular meal. IMO.

Brinner is one of my DH's favorite meals, and I'll do it every couple of weeks (it's also great if you don't have meat defrosted!). According to the character Turk on "Scrubs", when the stars align you know it is because brinner is on the table!

Just a quick check-in to see if anything is new to the case. I must miss the news conference, so I can't wait to hear about it.
I am really just waiting until LE has the concrete evidence to charge JP, or at least they found the body (highly unlikely unless he dropped her closer to home than I am thinking he did).
This case is typical IMOO as the "husband does not like the new strength of wife, she wants divorce, if I cannot have her no one can, I have to have control" scenario seen time and again.
Will be back later!:dance:

Anyone, where are the boys? They really need to be away from the Dad, imo. Hope they are being watched very closely.

I think that Jovanna might be a busybody

also an "enabler"....maybe someone who was on Josh's side...always counseling Susan to be a good Morman wife and mother etc

I don't think she conspired with Josh...but I think that she is backed into a corner from her own support of him and her feelings for him...at heart she probably wishes she had not been so pro josh but now is "stuck" there

Thats it, she doesnt have to be stuck. She could have said in the beginning that she had no comment and only answered about what she saw that night and not cover for JP. Or she can change her mind. Family and friends have done it many times in various cases. I think people have guilt by association. If their friend is a murdering psycho it makes them look bad. I dont understand that either. If my friend is a murdering psycho then he/she is a murdering psycho that I will help put away given the chance!

But to say that Josh is wonderful and fawn all over him is another thing. I think she knew that there were issues in the marriage. Why not just be honest? Or just don't say anything at all. I have serious issues with family and friends running to the media the first chance they get. I dont mind press conferences especially when a person is missing or loved ones going on shows to get the word out that a person is missing. But the tv interviews and the newspaper interviews about what they think happened and how the marriage was and defending or condeming a person leaves me a little weary.

However, it is good for us! :dance:

Something that really stuck out with the GMA segment posted earlier: watch when the LE officer is asked about the journal/notebook, specifically "did it contain threats".

Watch the officer's face and do a little "statement analysis" of your own. He sighs, his face says "yes", he looks like he wants to say, but can't. Then says "at this time we can't confirm it".

Confirm? Really? Yep, confirm it because it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member