Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by> realitybias

This is Louisiana. There are a ton of old cemeteries everywhere. Seriously, some are just out in the woods without gates or anything. Even private cemeteries are often owned by, say, an elderly man or some land manager that never even goes out to see the cemetery, some are held in the family for years and years and haven't had a new addition for 20-30, 50, even a hundred years.
It would be very easy to place a body in a cemetery and expect nobody would go there.

So true and creepy wooded areas too!

I hope he did confess and that he did it out of his own heart, not in a deal. It would not bother me at all to find a spark of good in someone who has done evil. Quite the contrary, actually.

His defense attorney probably was privy to a lot of information and told BSL your best bet is to give up where MS is and try to save your life. His adoptive mother and even is Bio mother might have had a hand into asking him to reveal where she is.

I just received info from a reliable source. I'm just going to quote LaffyTaffy yet again "Confession...body found"

HouDat another confirmation you found the right one. Notice the tree line between the two pictures on the right: The big tree and way in the distance on the right past that big tree is a smaller one. Also look at the big tree's limb sticking out.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=30.6...d=BbBKRoQPP-niPd-koqbVqA&cbp=12,93.95,,0,-3.8

547942_429532063752966_2011877605_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/lcgmeetings

"Craft commenting on Shunick case now....Today, we developed information on the possible location of some human remains in Evangeline Parish......and we are on that scene as we speak...Those remains do appear to be those of Mickey Shunick, and her family has been notified...We have a lot more processing and scientific testing to do to make sure."

Originally posted by> realitybias

This is Louisiana. There are a ton of old cemeteries everywhere. Seriously, some are just out in the woods without gates or anything. Even private cemeteries are often owned by, say, an elderly man or some land manager that never even goes out to see the cemetery, some are held in the family for years and years and haven't had a new addition for 20-30, 50, even a hundred years.
It would be very easy to place a body in a cemetery and expect nobody would go there.

So true and creepy wooded areas too!

Yup... Called it folks.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8238962&postcount=747"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8238970&postcount=752"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41[/ame]

Definitely seemed like the most likely cemetery to me, with that path leading into it and complete obstruction of view from the road.

I think I am most shocked at his possible confession than anything else right now...and wondering if she would ever have been found if he hadn't (assuming he did.) I want to say I hope he did not confess, except I don't want her family to have to go through a trial in two years time, and still not have Mickey.

Cpl. Paul Mouton, spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said police received information from a credible source Tuesday morning about the possible location of Shunick's body, leading investigators to a small, private cemetery off of La. 10 in rural Evangeline Parish.

I'd say he's pretty credible. Either he totally told them where to find her, or someone who knew where she was did...either way, they wouldn't have found her for a long long time. Somebody talked.

Cpl. Paul Mouton said they received credible information at about 7 this morning.

ETA: If BSL did in fact go to that cemetery, from the photos on the news, he had to have known about it. It is very well hidden.

https://twitter.com/lcgmeetings

"Craft commenting on Shunick case now....Today, we developed information on the possible location of some human remains in Evangeline Parish......and we are on that scene as we speak...Those remains do appear to be those of Mickey Shunick, and her family has been notified...We have a lot more processing and scientific testing to do to make sure."

bbm: At any rate, the part I bolded above sure sounds like a tip, from somebody.

I feel like BSL had to have led them to her body, if this is indeed her (and I feel sure it is). Whether or not he confessed to murdering her, or whether he claims it was an accident and he panicked and buried her remains to be seen. As to a deal, I really dont see where much of a deal could be made, other than taking the DP off the table, and let's be honest, if you are 32 years old, is the thought of spending the rest of your natural life in prison really better than being put to death after countless appeals? I think I would choose death. I am reasonably certain he will never draw another breath as a free man. And at least now, at least it seems, Mickey's family may soon be able to give their beloved daughter and sister a fitting goodbye and resting place. Prayers for all who knew, loved, or were touched by this precious life.

409642_481070365237135_685847907_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...59669210710587&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

"We’re told that a credible source close to the investigation provided detailed information regarding the location of the body. That information was provided this morning. A task force was dispatched to search the location and a body was found.

The body was located near LA-10 heading towards Oakdale in Evangeline Parish.

Officials say they hope to have a concrete answer later this evening as to whether or not the body is in fact Mickey Shunick."

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetracker/police-body-discovered-in-evangeline-parish

If it is in fact MS, I am so disappointed in KATC for backtracking and making everyone crazy!! They are a bunch of flunkies who fall to the pressure of local politics, and they always have been...

On another note, I can not begin to imagine what this young lady went through fighting for her life, or what her parents went through wondering about their baby girl... May you all now have peace. God Bless

I hope he did confess and that he did it out of his own heart, not in a deal. It would not bother me at all to find a spark of good in someone who has done evil. Quite the contrary, actually.

i dont think he has much of a heart.

Ville Platte is about 30 minutes from his home. It's not the most direct route to Texas and not on the way. Essentially, you'd take 190 to 13 north to 29 to get to VP. However, from what I've read, she was located on the way to Oakdale. From his home, you'd take 190 west to 13 north in Eunice and continue on 13 past Mamou to a community called Vidrine where there is an intersection called "the y.". At the y you'd take a left on to Oakdale Ft Polk Allen Parish area. Vidrine is important because that's where he raped the young lady that put him in jail in the first place.

Could the credible information recieved have had anything to do with recieving onstar records?

If it is in fact MS, I am so disappointed in KATC for backtracking and making everyone crazy!! They are a bunch of flunkies who fall to the pressure of local politics, and they always have been...

On another note, I can not begin to imagine what this young lady went through fighting for her life, or what her parents went through wondering about their baby girl... May you all now have peace. God Bless

I respect the fact that KATC backtracked what they originally posted. I think it was out of respect for the family, especially if they had not been notified yet.
JMO

KLFY would have had to do some "backtracking" if in fact it was not confirmed as Mickey's remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood