2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only got through a couple pages & now my chores are calling. So forgive me if this has already been said. I do plan to read when time permits.

One of my issues is how he said KC was treating Caylee. I question it since we have not heard one single person in her life say they saw her mistreat Caylee at any given time (yet anyway ;) ). Remember she was a "doting mother". She seemed to never lose patience. So why would she slip up in this particualr instance?

Because he was a stranger. KC in her wildest dream never believed that Caylee's disappearance would be nationwide news. She had no idea that J.T. was a perceptive person who would later come forward with information about how she mistreated Caylee. In front of her friends and family she put on the "Mother of the Year" show.

One thing I did note in re-reading his statement this morning....

JT specifically mentioned that when Casey & Caylee were leaving his Techbay store (6/10) that they left "separately" and that this is when he took the opportunity to tell Caylee that she could get another if she came back and was good. IOW...since he'd apparently p'd off Casey he waited until she was out of earshot (outside) to tell Caylee she could get 'nother. (IIRC).

Perhaps there's something about this memory that is getting transposed with the Walmart memory of Caylee struggling w/ the door, eh? So...if that's the case we don't hafta worry so much 'bout the Walmart doors IYKWIM. :thumb: It would also fit the characterization of the dynamic 'tween Casey & Caylee per the beanie baby incident and the "I can do this.." attitude he ascribed to Caylee opening the door.
*snipped & quoting myself ([ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4225790#post4225790"]link[/ame])...bad form and all :bang:...but that pic was so big it rolled the page and I wanted to offer up something to consider...

Just for a moment or two...let's go w/ the notion that JT transposed the 'events' and his Walmart "sighting" was another date and was Casey alone! (e.g. post-6/16) IMHO...if you're willing to go on on this limb w/ me :)poke: Hi :) :) :) :)) this isn't too far of a stretch.

Now...IF...you're out on that limb w/ me (Hi there :wave:) ...let's further suspend the notion that the Techbay event was 6/10 (I know, I know...I advanced that 'cause the pings support it and it maybe fine...but...stay with me...) :)poke: Hi :) :) :))

Now...let's consider that the possibility that...the Techbay event with the doors and Casey storming out and Caylee getting the beanie baby was actually 6/16!!. :shocked2:

...some things that need serious consideration...

• Was Casey planning to buy the monitor to plug into the laptop 6/16PM so Caylee could watch her own movies?
  • Was Casey's fit already underway before she entered Techbay because she'd "flurry" called Cindy 4:11PM+...and Cindy hadn't answered - ('cause her cell was off).
  • Was the inability to pass the check, hence, the inability to have a monitor to 'babysit' Caylee 6/16PM what sent Casey into THE tiff?
  • IIRC, the laptop Encase report showed no activity on the laptop, 6/16. However, FWIW, that doesn't mean the laptop wasn't taken along that PM in the Pontiac.
  • We've seen a pic of Caylee in what appears to be Tony's apartment w/ the lighting suggestive of her watching a monitor...:waitasec:...so watching movies on a computer/player there perhaps not new.
  • This would put a much closer tie to the potential that the beanie baby found in/near the shed was, in fact, the one given to Caylee @ Techbay 6/16. And why Caylee might have something other than 'mama' doll held closely to her...so much so that 'mama' was left in the back seat and the beanie baby found its way with the body into the backyard of the A's 6/17.

IF you're still waaaaaaay out on that limb with me :)wave: hey :takeoff: ) then I'd speculate JT saw Caylee just before her death :( and further that they were in Techbay between 4:53-5:57PM (store hours are 9AM-9PM) based on the inactivity of Casey's cell phone for that period (may revise that slightly after I look @ the maps & ping directions).

Casey prolly saw the store on the trip over to Tom's Auto 6/10 and went there specifically to pass a bad check - as JT commented about in his statement. Anyone wanna do a comparison of what Casey was wearin' in the Blockbuster surveil video vs. JT's description...showing leg & cleavage (shorts & a tank-top style shirt IIRC) :waitasec: I'd give a million bucks for the surveil video from Techbay 6/16...and maybe another million for a description of what Caylee was wearing ("Big Trouble..." shirt & striped shorts). Having JT watch the Blockbuster surveil video at a minimum for confirmation...would be a start.

Wow. bjb---I like the limb. Scooch over.

Thanks for giving us some other angles to consider.

Maybe he was reluctant to get involved because he didnt want to be a "character of interest" for Cindy to investigate and accuse of the crime!

You got that right. Next thing you know, he'll have tire marks up and down his body......

Marinade Dave // September 30, 2009 at 9:35 am

I’m going to take a ride over to Walmart today with my camera. Also, I’ll try to talk to Thompson.

I will keep you guys posted on what Dave finds out..................

However, on the other hand, this witness has kept a very low profile and apparently refused comment when media contacted him. Lends more credibility, imo.

Oh, I missed that information. What media outlets contacted him, and when?

TIA.

Well, you got me on that one Luzer, ouch, I read it on one of the media online sites yesterday and will have to hunt it down.
I will try to provide a link if I can.

Well, you got me on that one Luzer, ouch, I read it on one of the media online sites yesterday and will have to hunt it down.
I will try to provide a link if I can.

No, that's cool. Ihave been waiting to see if NG or the rest will be fawning all over him now.

Will he be allowed to interview if he is on the witness list, or does he have to stay quiet?

I can understand KC being in a Casselberry WalMart if it had something to do with AL picking up a car, but otherwise, why was she over there? It's a long drive isn't it? (A friend of mine says at least 30 minutes away).

Also, if KC went to TechBay the day AL picked up his car - why wouldn't AL have mentioned it in his depo? He seemed to recall the couple of times he had met or been with Caylee very specifically.

Ironically, the Techbay storefront appears to have a sign that indicates surveillance cameras in use.

If he was that into KC's appearance, do you think he watched the tapes over and over with her in the store?

I can understand KC being in a Casselberry WalMart if it had something to do with AL picking up a car, but otherwise, why was she over there? It's a long drive isn't it? (A friend of mine says at least 30 minutes away).

Also, if KC went to TechBay the day AL picked up his car - why wouldn't AL have mentioned it in his depo? He seemed to recall the couple of times he had met or been with Caylee very specifically.

BBM --

IIRC, his statement about that day was that kc dropped him off at the auto shop and Caylee was in the car. Maybe kc stopped by TechBay after dropping Tony at his car . . . .

If he was that into KC's appearance, do you think he watched the tapes over and over with her in the store?

Maybe LE has that video.

Just thinking out loud here -- if LE does have the video, could the reason they just recently took an "official" statement from JT is so that they didn't have to release the video yet?

No.
If you think someone looks hot, do you automatically do that? Just because he admitted why he recalled her and the incident, doesn't mean he is a freak.

Maybe LE has that video.

Just thinking out loud here -- if LE does have the video, could the reason they just recently took an "official" statement from JT is so that they didn't have to release the video yet?

The even happened over a Month before the child was reported missing. That is over a month before the store even knew they needed to keep the footage.

Most devices records in a loop. The lenght of time it takes to fill up, depends on how many camers are filming. Wither it's a constant film, or snap shot. Or motion triggered. Also, the quality also plays a part on how much room is needed to store the info.

If it's an old fashioned kind. The it loops over every 24 hours. So that tape would be LONG GONE. Same with 1 week, or even month.

For him to still have the tape evidence of her being in his store, either he was a 'freak' who kept a picture of a pretty girl. We shouldn't discuss it,unless we know it's true. Cause it could start embarrassing rumors that could be harmful to an innocent person.

The other would be if he had a massive hard drive. While it is a tech store, and he could get a hold of hard drives for such storage.. The kind that he would need, so that tape evidence could be used in court, would be a certified type one. One approved by the LE, that would be date and time stamped on all pictures/videos.

So there is a slim possibility that he has tape that can be used. But I wouldn't bet on it. This is one of the reasons that waiting 31 days was soooo helpful to KC.

Since the SA is obviously aware of the big "ping conflict" with his written statement, I'm thinking the SA has some other important angle in mind for his testimony--something we just aren't able to glean from his written statement alone. Maybe it's the TAZ beanie baby and KC's behavior in his store alone that they'll have him testify to--ergo the only thing the Defense will be able to cross examine him about.

Much better yet, (and much less likely :( ), maybe there's a big "bombshell" associated with his seeing her at K-Mart, a bombshell that that defies/explains the pings and proves something useful to the SA.

I guess I'm trying to find any morsel of encouragement from this latest disheartening doc dump because I'm honestly beginning to feel like KC is being protected by some Evil Force, and I don't normally think things like that. Even the FBI lab screwed up, contaminated evidence, etc., thus enabling the Defense to cast doubt for the jury on everything done at the FBI lab.

One thing seems increasingly obvious: If the Defense looses this case, it won't be because they didn't get every d@mned conceivable break!

BBM

I find it highly plausible that Casey had more than one cell phone. Some phones battery life can be very short and given her usage she probably needed more than one. Also, given her potential state of mind she probably didn't want to be aware of certain people calling her so she could lie without really having to lie. KWIM?

If the defense wins this case surely Casey would have to go in to some sort of protection program. If not at the very least, contact one of Regis and Kelly's makeover people. (sorry couldn't help myself)

But in all seriousness, I do question the timing of the report. I only hope that he came forward sooner and the date only reflects that particular interview.

If his story about the Beanie Baby corroborates with the stuffed toy found in the shed. Thats pretty strong IMO

I have a couple of questions??

Do phones ping if they are turned off? I'm sure that this has been asked and answered a million times so thanks for responding in advance.

Also, since the DP is on the table can Casey be convicted of lesser charges?

Maybe I should ask these in the questions and answers thread.

re: the disparity between cell phone ping and Walmart locations--is it possible that someone else was using Casey's cell phone while she was at Walmart? (Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'm at work so I don't have enough time to read everything right now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave