TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was at work with no vehicle and my child went missing. I would be asking anyone to drive me to the police station... and calling my boyfriend to meet me there. I wouldn't be waiting 10 minutes for him to get there, much less 20 or 30.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what Billie did. Have a coworker (or even family member of a patient, I would do that for any of our nurses) takes her to the police station immediately and Shawn meets her there and takes her home.

Shawn Adkins..

"I would never do anything to that little girl, I love her with all my heart."

Shawn Adkins... (her name is Hailey.)

Misty Croslin....

"I love that little girl more than anything. I would never hurt her."

Misty Croslin...(her name is Haleigh.)
I noticed the similarities too, but people around here, do talk like that, especially females. What bothered me, was him saying that he loved Hailey with all his heart, just as if she was his own. I don't think he met her until she was older, he didn't play a part in her upbringing, & her own dad, who lives right across the street, seems to be really involved in her life. & this guy is way too young, to feel a parental bond, with teenagers, I would think.

I noticed the similarities too, but people around here, do talk like that, especially females. What bothered me, was him saying that he loved Hailey with all his heart, just as if she was his own. I don't think he met her until she was older, he didn't play a part in her upbringing, & her own dad, who lives right across the street, seems to be really involved in her life. & this guy is way too young, to feel a parental bond, with teenagers, I would think.

I agree, unless he meant it (loving Hailey) literally, but frankly, that's just too skeevy to think about.

Do we know if anyone has talked to SA's former girlfriend(s)? Often exes have pretty good insight into someone's character, habits, typical behaviors, etc. What about his former coworkers? Either at the recent job or one before that?

this town has a major road that goes thru here, its I20 it goes east and west, then theres 208 goes north and south, but where the new hotel was made is right at an intersection of all 4 ways. there has been a problem of teenage girls getting online and talking to grown men and the hotel is a good place to meet up with someone who dont know the area. just a thought,

does anyone know, as a local, what we can do to get a real good search going? theres sooo many people willing to do one but dont realy know how to get it going.

It's a week now, and I have a very bad feeling in my gut about all of this.............JMOO
Why no poly's and house search on everyone on day 1 of her reported missing.
Even if SA was to RX'd........asap, why now a week later???
How big is the police force in this little town?
Are they experienced in children disappearing???
How long DID BO know SA before he semi moved in?
What does those close to Bo think about SA and Hailey's relationship?
Did Hailey like him or complain about him?

This is what BD's best friend wrote in a post about the sneakers; the link is to a majority of her earliers posts.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5965137&postcount=354"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2[/ame]

Posted by cztgz;
Another thing.... Hailey was wearing a t-shirt and sweats. I figured that she had tennis shoes on, but Billie told me that she was wearing flip flops. Billie found Hailey's hoodie in her room. It has been pretty chilly here, and that about tore her up thinking about Hailey being cold.

IMO, the BF must of been the one that gave the description of the clothing Hailey was wearing considering the mother had to be at work at 7:00 AM; unless of course BD went through all of Hailey's clothing to see what was missing. JMO

I wanted to bring this over from the previous thread:

ETA: I corrected the map after re-reading the article to make it more accurate...

attachment.php

I wonder why this area was chosen...

Where can this be found?

FYI, On WS main page the forensic astrology forum is listed last in the 'Current Events' section.

Here is an easy way to locate any thread/forum on WS: Just below your user name which is at the top of every page, there is a blue menu bar with a “SEARCH” button with an arrow beside it. Click on the arrow and type ‘forensic astrology forum’, press go and you will be there in a matter of seconds.

does anyone know, as a local, what we can do to get a real good search going? theres sooo many people willing to do one but dont realy know how to get it going.

I'll contact a member who's familiar w/ searches to see if we can get some info for you, ajk.

Sure wish I had an answer for this question as it has me puzzled. Wouldn't be searched for no good reason. Would have thought they would search around the new Western motel near the I-20. Am truly baffled unless phone records have shown something?

Does anybody know if Dad Clint was working that day and what his scheule was like? I can't recall seeing anything in MSM on whether he was at work or at home.

The areas around the prisons are normally patroled. I am thinking they may have expanded the patrol to help rule out specific areas. The original circle on the map (IMO) seemed to cover the area better.

If I was at work with no vehicle and my child went missing. I would be asking anyone to drive me to the police station... and calling my boyfriend to meet me there. I wouldn't be waiting 10 minutes for him to get there, much less 20 or 30.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what Billie did. Have a coworker (or even family member of a patient, I would do that for any of our nurses) takes her to the police station immediately and Shawn meets her there and takes her home.

Shawn Adkins..

"I would never do anything to that little girl, I love her with all my heart."

Shawn Adkins... (her name is Hailey.)

Misty Croslin....

"I love that little girl more than anything. I would never hurt her."

Misty Croslin...(her name is Haleigh.)

Glad you mentioned it. It is weird. Haleigh, Hailey (the name) has been in the news lately with other missing children. I think 3-4 cases beside Haleigh Cummings.

Hi there, I would be the one Texas Mist was talking about.

As citizens you absolutely have the right to conduct a search or searches as long as they are on public land or land that you have permission to be on AND you are not interfering with official LE searches or investigations. Organization and a plan are key though.

Over the last 9 months I have been working on a reference guide to help communities with just this. I think most everything you need can be found at the website. There is absolutely no cost and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any guidance.

www.4themissing.net

New Article:

Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer, speaking on behalf of the Colorado City police, said he was unable to comment on the details of the investigation but said they are becoming more defined.

After a meeting with law enforcement Wednesday afternoon, Kampfer said that Texas Rangers are arriving at a better focus in the case. Kampfer described the investigation as “instead of shooting at a barn side” law enforcement agents are “getting down to the door.”

Parents and teachers cited a strong sense of community as the reason for their concern and involvement in the case.

“This is our town,” Andra Maxwell, Hailey’s eighth-grade U.S. history teacher, said. “We don’t take kindly to something going awry in our town. (We’re a) small community, and that’s part of it. We try to take care of our own.”

Kampfer said Hailey, daughter of Billie and Clint Dunn, didn’t have a history of being a runaway.

More at link:

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/05/colorado-city-turns-out-to-search-for-girl-13/

I too thought it was more odd that SA claimed to love Hailey at all than how he referred to her; it is just not something you expect a BF of maybe a year or so to say, when she has two parents right there and active in her life. It kinds of gave me the creeps.

I just need some clarification: BF gets fired in a.m. Picks girlfriend up at work and doesn't mention it. Losing a job is a life event and you don't bring it up. It takes a pretty good actor to hide something so devasting from someone so close.
If i got this timing right. moo

IF she already talked to her son and knew Hailey was missing, she was probably talking about that. I know if I were riding with someone that just found out their child was missing, the last thing I would do is tell them more bad news (ie: job loss). I am NOT defending him, just mho.

Sure wish I had an answer for this question as it has me puzzled. Wouldn't be searched for no good reason. Would have thought they would search around the new Western motel near the I-20. Am truly baffled unless phone records have shown something?

TDCJ has mounted patrol and the areas searched today are either TDCJ property or adjacent to TDCJ property. A good portion of that area would have to be searched by foot or mount.

There is not much area around the new motel to search. On one side it is an IH and the other a street.

As far as phone pings there may only be one tower in that area for all phones to ping off of.

IF she already talked to her son and knew Hailey was missing, she was probably talking about that. I know if I were riding with someone that just found out their child was missing, the last thing I would do is tell them more bad news (ie: job loss). I am NOT defending him, just mho.
He lost his job Monday morning. Billie wasn't aware that Hailey was actually missing until noon time Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth