WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken the tile? Really. Bremner the lawyer is now another crime scene analyst? Wow ... I guess there's nothing to evidence collection and crime scene analysis if lawyers and accident reconstructionist in some other country know better than actual trained experts. When the tile broke into several pieces when lifted from the concrete foundation, what would the next complaint be?

Otto, defense attorneys are very knowledgable in crime scene collection techniques as it is required to attack evidence against their clients and they above all else know what makes that evidence collection vulnerable and what would have made it air tight. Don't underestimate how smart a defense attorney can be - they are the experts at poking holes in the evidence. She's commenting on what method would have made this evidence less open to controversy. "Experts" under the law are also people who have significant experience in particular areas even though they have no certification.

Maybe the better question would be why ILE believed a 20 year old and arrested him. We have been over this many times and we have all pointed out to you that usually they would bring them in for questioning and check alibis etc. This simply tells me that you have a separate agenda and it is not about justice

Usually according to Roman Law? I think not. Suspects are detained while police investigate. The case is reviewed within specified time intervals and if evidence justifies further detention, then so be it. Joran's detentions are a good example of this. After months of detention, he was released because there was not enough evidence to proceed to trial. The same was true in Patrick's case. With Amanda, Raffaele and Rudy, there was enough evidence to proceed to trial.

By that same reasoning ... if Knox had not been in the wrong for accusing Patrick, he would not have sued her.

"Amanda Knox, the American student on trial for murdering her British flat mate Meredith Kercher, is being sued for nearly half a million pounds by a man she wrongly accused of the crime."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...7793/Amanda-Knox-sued-by-Patrick-Lumumba.html

As for the person whom will be doing the suing I will assume that AK and RS will have more than enough just cause to start a number of lawsuits and for anyone that thinks this will be limited to just ILE they will be sadly mistaken. I fully anticipate it will include a couple of forums and individuals involved in smear campaigns. Much like the Duke case many will be probably settled out of court

Usually according to Roman Law? I think not. Suspects are detained while police investigate. The case is reviewed within specified time intervals and if evidence justifies further detention, then so be it. Joran's detentions are a good example of this. After months of detention, he was released because there was not enough evidence to proceed to trial. The same was true in Patrick's case. With Amanda, Raffaele and Rudy, there was enough evidence to proceed to trial.

Right that is why they sat in prison for a year before charges were brought against them ............... give me a break!!!!!!!!!!

Otto, defense attorneys are very knowledgable in crime scene collection techniques as it is required to attack evidence against their clients and they above all else know what makes that evidence collection vulnerable and what would have made it air tight. Don't underestimate how smart a defense attorney can be - they are the experts at poking holes in the evidence. She's commenting on what method would have made this evidence less open to controversy. "Experts" under the law are also people who have significant experience in particular areas even though they have no certification.

Sure, let's deem all people that attended law school as crime scene experts ... and throw in a few mechanical engineers and retirees for good measure. I'm an expert and crime scene analyst too because I have taught mechanical engineering classes.

If the bathroom boogie didn't make half of the footprint disappear, where did it go?

Maybe they had a smudge on their eye glasses and thought it was the other half of the footprint

Of course. The person that made the bloody footprint on the bath mat only had half a foot ... why didn't I think of that.

A better question is why did you suddenly think of that silliness when another more viable alternative is there. I can step with the front half of my foot without putting my heel down. For a dumbed down explanation it's tip toeing. Foot placement and technique IS something I AM and expert in. Maybe someone who just took off their shoe was trying NOT to make prints by tip toeing and only made half a print, and darn it was on the mat and darn now he's run out of time and he's got to get outa there.

If there's no smear from the bathmat,there's no blood on the other side of the bathmat that indicates it was used to clean up blood, or there is no smear from collection, it's possible the other half was never there and therefore not missing - hence no clean up evidence.

No as you very well know I am not. It does not take rocket science to understand how it should work. Neither are you though an expert!!!

But I am. If a mechanical engineer is considered an expert, then someone that teaches mechanical engineering must also be an expert.

Lots of discussion over the letter Amanda wrote and the usual out-of-context quoting of it. I think it's best to at least present the entire letter here to see exactly what she said, even though I'm sure many of you have already seen it.

Transcript of Amanda Knox's note:

Thanks for this Malkmus!!!

But I am. If a mechanical engineer is considered an expert, then someone that teaches mechanical engineering must also be an expert.

Why since he makes more sense that a drug fueled sex orgy?

In this case, the DNA confirms Amanda's participation, not exonnerates.

What DNA? Seems the experts will be tossing most if not all of it. You should now be more concerned what RG's defence could now do with this

Sure, let's deem all people that attended law school as crime scene experts ... and throw in a few mechanical engineers and retirees for good measure. I'm an expert and crime scene analyst too because I have taught mechanical engineering classes.

Facitious as you think you are being, it is true that not all experts must have some sort of certification - but they must have experience. Some criminal defense attorneys have extensive experience in the right and wrong ways evidence is collected. She is at least expert enough to have her educated comment considered.

Again, I did not insinuate Ann is in the league of ALL people who attend law school etc...your twist on the idea is intriguing but it's merely bait and shows a weakened position.

It was improper for the police not to record the entire interview that they said led to a confession. That would probably deem it inadmissible in an American court. Those law enforcement officials are no more trustworty than any, including ours. There are safeguards and protocols to follow when interrogating and they did not follow them. Therefore, their version is subject to disbelief.

In this case, the DNA confirms Amanda's participation, not exonnerates.

Let's restate that correctly: In this case, the DNA may confirm Amanda touched the knife. The knife was not found at the crime scene, has not been proven to be the murder weapon and was not found to have blood or bleach on it. So that's about all that DNA says. It's a stretch when you isolate it, to get to absolute participation.

Let's restate that correctly: In this case, the DNA may confirm Amanda touched the knife. The knife was not found at the crime scene, has not been proven to be the murder weapon and was not found to have blood or bleach on it. So that's about all that DNA says. It's a stretch when you isolate it, to get to absolute participation.

So true! It appears the knife that was cleaned was in fact NOT CLEANED...how interesting !!

Amanda actually uses the word "flashback" to justify her statements ... which fits quite nicely with her admission of being all drugged up.

I know of no professional literature that treats flashbacks as reliable memories, no more than memories recovered through hypnosis.

I know of no professional literature that treats flashbacks as reliable memories, no more than memories recovered through hypnosis.
Right, as in the Eileen Franklin case, flashbacks and recovered memory are not deemed reliable evidence.

UH, no but they detain him and IMMEDIATELY check alibis - and release him. They don't keep him jailed for weeks. We actually care about a persons rights.

We actually care about a persons rights? :thud: So Italy doesn't?
And people wonder why the word "xenophobia" keeps coming up in this case. Sheesh.

1291492341.JPG

That's a "tiptoe" mark? Interesting how most people tiptoe on the ball of their foot only, not the arch and/or side of foot...

(link to picture: http://www.salem-news.com/gphotos/1291492341.JPG )

As I have said before, I give you all a lot of leeway in this thread to post because you all seem to be on the same page in terms of mutual combat, so to speak.
But when the topic and posting becomes about each other more than the topic at hand ,it has to stop.
where this post lands is random because it applies to the whole thread.
Thanks

In order to do that she would have had to decided while with her hot new Italian lover with beautiful lips, to grab a knife to assault her roomate with and leave to do the deed.

Choosing someone to bring into your relationship involves finding a person who would want to - I think she had an inkling that MK was not the person to ask this of. So, this makes no sense. She's in her love nest with RS and with no history of any of this behavior, takes a knife from his apartment, leaves with him to go murder her roomate for complaining about her being untidy? And when exactly did it become a sex orgy need for AK? Too many holes, wholly unbelievable and holy crap - people actually buy this. :(
Beautiful lips?..lol.. It doesn't have to make sense. Murder never makes sense to me anyway. To me it seems that some people have a problem with the murder scenario so all the evidence must be wrong. I reason the other way around. If the evidence shows that an elephant did it then so be it. Better go out and catch that monster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie