LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point if tearing them down? I don't get it.

because they just dont care. they're jerks.

people like to romanticize this area, but i dont find the people to be nice at all, but regardless, not everybody cares about a missing person. i rarely hear people talk about this and if they do, it's because i bring it up.

people have flat out said that they're tired of hearing about it or that they don't care. i dont understand it, but it's not for me to understand.

People want to insert themselves into situations all the time. I'm not sure we should take the security guard's word at face value here. I'm not saying she's lying on purpose but as bizarre as it seems, people like to be connected to things. It's possible that she just said, "Oh sure I see her ride down julien all the time! We are good pals!" because it connects her to this incident. I'm probably not making sense.

No, I get you but chicken said she knew the route beyond what she could see - St Landrey > St Juilien > Johnston > Cajundome. If she knew this, who else did?

I'm so punch drunk from the WT, BW, & the "threads" that seem to lead to nothing but assumptions, gossip, & the likes. To get where you need to go, you gotta start th car...right & if you leave it in gear you'll never get anywhere. So, what I'm getting at is that we can scratch our heads about the WT & such all day. Let's group & look at FACTS...she went missing after 2am on 5/19; she was due @ a h.s. graduation ceremony mid-morning & didn't make it; her bike was found @ Whiskey Bay 5 days (approx) after she goes missing; no trace of her has been found & it's getting colder by the day due to pondering over a truck. Keep it simple...& I think the trail will stay warm. Focus on what's important, finding ANYTHING to connect MS to why she's missing & her bike has been found. I have been a member of WS for years (posting re: the Jeff David Parish/Jennings area crimes pertaining to those poor girls...their trail has gone cold since 8/2009 & don't get me started on my issue w/that). The family of MS deserves better than what's been "bouncing" here for bat least 10 threads...WT! It's important & VOI but not the entire case...starting bouncing better ideas, recommendations & encouragement! Help this family find their loved one.

Things that are bugging me:

I'm still bothered by that security knowing Mickey's route. Yeah, I know, the guard is a woman. Why would Mickey tell some security guard her bike route? Even Charlie and Brettly thought she took a different route. This makes no sense to me.

What about the report that someone, in one of the neighborhoods that Mickey traveled, heard a scream and called the cops that night? Where and what time was that?

The person at Catfish Heaven who threw Mickey's missing poster on the ground. WTF???

Anyone?

I'm hoping Chicken helps with the guard questions - although I could see discussing something dealing with safety (good bike routes) with a safety officer so that doesnt raise as many flags with me...yet.

I believe the report was from the Toyota dealership - a neighborhood behind there, no where near the saint streets. If I can get back to the convo on this part I'll link it but it didn't match up afterall - it was a bit earlier in the night and on the other end of Johnston St.

Lots of people throwing these posters away and calling Mickey names, making fun of many aspects of the case, etc. I saw several flyers partially ripped off and we replaced them. WTF is right but thats just people for you unfortunately. LOTS of people said no to putting one on their cars, wouldnt want the tape to mess up a paint job...

I do not know but what is in the green box in this photo? Could this be MS?

Did a little image wizardry, and what you're seeing is the front end of a vehicle reverse-parked into its spot.

To be fair, I thought I saw a bicyclist initially, as well.

BW also has a car. She had plenty of time if she wanted to go to the stables.

And she's young. 3 or 4 hours of sleep might be typical.

But since we've only heard about those plans from one of the planners, it's tough to tell.

People want to insert themselves into situations all the time. I'm not sure we should take the security guard's word at face value here. I'm not saying she's lying on purpose but as bizarre as it seems, people like to be connected to things. It's possible that she just said, "Oh sure I see her ride down julien all the time! We are good pals!" because it connects her to this incident. I'm probably not making sense.

This completely. People love to insert themselves into these situations. So everything becomes "I saw this, or someone told me this (and then they change the story to say they actually heard it or that it came from a friend in LE or a friend of a friend). So its hard to take any info like that as fact. A green van, a scream, being certain of routes....all that is just people talking and gossiping. Hard to separate the truth from fact. Thats why it's best to only believe what you have witnessed yourself and know to be true. And that basically comes down to video and documented reports/records.

No, I get you but chicken said she knew the route beyond what she could see - St Landrey > St Juilien > Johnston > Cajundome. If she knew this, who else did?

She may have heard the johnston-cajundome blvd on the news.

No Im not. Im assuming the truck is crossing paths with the olds (if thats a truck at all and not the taxi cab from Who Framed Roger Rabbit), then turning left onto university and then going down university. Im assuming THAT'S all the same truck (like LE said) and the times match up pretty well to justify that.

And so, just one image of Z-71, facing away from University. Correct?

I know I'm 12 pages behind but only those arrested for felonies have to submit DNA.

Yep, you're correct, sorry I wasn't very clear ....... I did not consider misdemeanors, as here, in EBR, our jail space is so limited, subjects are routinely just issued misdemeanor summons, not arrested, in order to leave room for the felony arrestees. Even with those measures, "The Inn" is always bursting at the seams!! :D

I believe so.
This link provided to the fourchan site is in no way related to manga. Believe me.

It doesn't look like Mickey to me, however the poster tried.

Yeah I also took this approach for a little while. Checking all the anonymous browsers and hidden sites from the "Darknet" (the hidden back alley of the internet so to speak). And while I saw lots of things I can't unsee (and horrible things done to lots of young blondes and children) no one that resembled Mickey.

And so, just one image of Z-71, facing away from University. Correct?

Yes. That's what he's saying. And since A.C.I is a private investigator I'm going to take his lead and stick to the facts as we know them about this case.

Not that I think Artis is lying about what the police officer who answered the phone said but because it's possible that this officer was as confused as the rest of us are about the identity of these trucks.

Until LE clarifies then I'm going by what's been officially released in their pressers.

She may have heard the johnston-cajundome blvd on the news.

Most likely. Thats how rumors typically start. People hear something or have a conversation with friends and then later pass the information off to someone else as if it's their own. Not to say it isnt, but more often than not it's not. So its best not to focus too hard on info like this

We're working on the assumption she turned down Brashear as that's the only place she could go to not get caught on another camera.

Tomorrow Im going to find out if the truck (or her) made it further down St. Landry from some security cameras I spotted in the area. Then we'll know a few things for certain depending what I find on the video

but turning on brashear wasnt her usual route, right?

Did NO ONE check Mickey's room that morning to see if she were there?

Just because her phone was off at @2 am doesn't mean something happened to her right then.

She disappeared from camera range of her known route. So from the last camera image of Mickey that we have until when the next day--did someone check on her in her room --or call her-- at what time?

last camera image--unknown route--should be home in bed with what Mickey said--check on her at home and she's not there--call her to find out where she is--what time was she called and didn't answer and by whom?

Am I making any sense?

I'm looking for the time frame--I don't believe that the graduation no show was the earliest her family and friends realized they were not getting through to speak to her.

Just because her phone was off at @2 am doesn't mean something happened to her right then.

She disappeared from camera range of her known route. So from the last camera image of Mickey that we have until when the next day--did someone check on her in her room --or call her-- at what time?

last camera image--unknown route--should be home in bed with what Mickey said--check on her at home and she's not there--call her to find out where she is--what time was she called and didn't answer and by whom?

Am I making any sense?

Yes.....

Am I making any sense?

In her earliest interview I thought the mother said that they realized that morning she had not come home. So I am going to assume that one of them peeked into her room to wake her up that a.m.

Sherlock Holmes: Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth