IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
All POI were friends of her roommate. Maybe, she met these guys at home. Perhaps she did not have to go out to find trouble. Maybe it came looking for her.
I was told when David returned from Rosenbaum's, this alerted people at the Smallwood party that Lauren was at Sports with Corey. People then came over to the bar from the Smallwood party. Corey and Lauren then felt that they were being watched and were fearful that they were about to be set up for something bad.
And, isn't it strange that Rosenbaum said she had her fake ID and key at his place later that night? Yet the key is found outside and the fake ID back at the bar. Just really strange. I don't believe this is an OD or stranger abduction. Something really sinister instead.

All POI were friends of her roommate. Maybe, she met these guys at home. Perhaps she did not have to go out to find trouble. Maybe it came looking for her.
I was told when David returned from Rosenbaum's, this alerted people at the Smallwood party that Lauren was at Sports with Corey. People then came over to the bar from the Smallwood party. Corey and Lauren then felt that they were being watched and were fearful that they were about to be set up for something bad.
And, isn't it strange that Rosenbaum said she had her fake ID and key at his place later that night? Yet the key is found outside and the fake ID back at the bar. Just really strange. I don't believe this is an OD or stranger abduction. Something really sinister instead.

The key that was found on the railing was a gold key and the key that JR said she had was a card-key to Smallwood. The original article in the Journal News is gone, but it is quoted in post #55 of this Websleuths page:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139717&page=3

As far as I know, the location where her fake ID was found was never officially reported. A comment at this web page stated that it was found in a man's wallet at 12th and College

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...pZXMvMjAxMS8wNi8xMy9uZXdzLnFwLTc5NzYxNTcuc3Rv

Thank you! Now it gets much more interesting because it says her fake ID was found at 12th and Walnut. That's a couple blocks north-east of Rosenbaum's. Walnut is also Hwy 37 North to Indianapolis. Just what I suspected all along. It doesn't make sense to use lightly traveled back roads to leave town in the wee hours of the morning. Police are looking at anything that moves at those hours and there's safety in numbers using the main highway. One would not want to get pulled over and asked to open the trunk. So, I'd really like to look at video and try to spy a certain little blue car, white truck, or any other vehicle associated with POI that was not searched.
And, now we know that Lauren had her room key but had lost her building key. Now it also makes sense why she would call David to let her in the front door when she has the key to her apartment.

How do you know that Corey and Lauren thought they were being watched and were fearful they were being set up?
I think it is strange that she left Sports without her cell phone and shoes. Has anyone given a good reason why she did so? I have wondered whether or not someone arrived that she did not want to be seen by.

Hi websleuths friends. I call you "friends" because I've read every single websleuths post about the LS case, which I've been following since the beginning, and I feel some sense of community among people who are also so persistently interested and saddened by her story. For me, this case has a lot of personal emotional meaning - LS disappeared shortly after my daughter was born and I couldn't help but worry about the world she was being born into and the ways in which no parent can control the decisions their child makes when they leave home. Also, my very close friend is missing, perhaps voluntarily but still very much missing, from the Bloomington area and I think I feel as though if LS could be found, I could have some sense of vicarious closure regarding the disappearance of my own friend.

A long introduction.

Ros, I had never considered that LS may have left her things at Kilroy's because she was worried she would be seen, not necessarily because of her intoxication. That makes so much sense to me.

Also, I wanted to note that I have found a lot of pictures of the POIs through their friends' Facebook pages, which aren't all private. I haven't seen any real "clues," but it definitely gives you an insight into their personalities and general lifestyle. You might also be interested to learn about JR's career plans on Linked In.

Hi websleuths friends. I call you "friends" because I've read every single websleuths post about the LS case, which I've been following since the beginning, and I feel some sense of community among people who are also so persistently interested and saddened by her story. For me, this case has a lot of personal emotional meaning - LS disappeared shortly after my daughter was born and I couldn't help but worry about the world she was being born into and the ways in which no parent can control the decisions their child makes when they leave home. Also, my very close friend is missing, perhaps voluntarily but still very much missing, from the Bloomington area and I think I feel as though if LS could be found, I could have some sense of vicarious closure regarding the disappearance of my own friend.

A long introduction.

Ros, I had never considered that LS may have left her things at Kilroy's because she was worried she would be seen, not necessarily because of her intoxication. That makes so much sense to me.

Also, I wanted to note that I have found a lot of pictures of the POIs through their friends' Facebook pages, which aren't all private. I haven't seen any real "clues," but it definitely gives you an insight into their personalities and general lifestyle. You might also be interested to learn about JR's career plans on Linked In.

Welcome, friendsara! So glad you're here. I'm sorry about your missing friend ... hope you find the closure you need. I, too, joined because of my daughter (high schooler), who reminds me of LS in many ways. I understand.

IMO, LS could have left her things because 1) she couldn't find them (maybe they'd gotten separated?), 2) she was in a rush to leave (maybe the reason Jacobite and Ros note?), 3) she was planning on going back to Sports after getting something from SW. Perhaps 1) is too obvious ... CR could have helped her look for them, though perhaps he wasn't inclined.

Thanks for the tip on JR's career plans. :)

Well, that confirms the JR-DB connection...

Yup. It's not their first joint venture, either ... there was an old MySpace page for another collaboration, though i can't find it anymore.

Still, it doesn't mean DB was there that night, etc.

Straying from the current direction of thoughts here, but got to ask a question that's been bugging me about this case....
Is it possible that there was a plan in place do something to Lauren before she even when out that night? Is it possible one or more in her group were setting her up for a sexual attack, or to do something crazy?
I ask that because it boggles my mind how if any around her were involved, how smoothly/cleverly (for want of correct words) this crime went down...
It's okay to tell my you think I'm way off, but I am curious...

Straying from the current direction of thoughts here, but got to ask a question that's been bugging me about this case....
Is it possible that there was a plan in place do something to Lauren before she even when out that night? Is it possible one or more in her group were setting her up for a sexual attack, or to do something crazy?
I ask that because it boggles my mind how if any around her were involved, how smoothly/cleverly (for want of correct words) this crime went down...

Quite possible. Easy to make roofies from cold meds available at the neighborhood convenience store. Just crush them up and slip them into someone's drink when they go to the restroom and are off guard. In Corey's case, this would cause memory loss. In Lauren's case, it could be murder. The ingredients for the date rape drugs are the most dangerous of all for a Long QT patient. Rape-murder is a much better reason to hide Lauren than anything else. Poor girl!
Lauren, we feel so sorry for you!

IDK. From the recent articles, CR was interested in LS, though I don't see anything that suggests she was interested in him. OTOH, CR and MB donated DNA, so if he/they acted on that interest, why do that? Except that CR can't remember, but if that's the case, why would he give DNA in the first place? That's another mystery, IMO.

If LS' story was fiction, a twist might be that someone was watching from behind the scenes and manipulated them all. Alas, I believe I've watched too much of David Lynch's "Twin Peaks" ...

And, why wouldn't he call HT not DR to see if she made it home?

Maybe he did. We don't know who the other call was too, nor which call was made first. Maybe he did call HT and no answer so then tried DR. I think you make a good point here. If the call was to HT and DR. Then this would give some weight to that theory that JR was checking to see if she made it.

On the other hand, if this other call was to someone who is more on the shady side... then it leans more towards JR's direct involvement.

IDK. From the recent articles, CR was interested in LS, though I don't see anything that suggests she was interested in him. OTOH, CR and MB donated DNA, so if he/they acted on that interest, why do that? Except that CR can't remember, but if that's the case, why would he give DNA in the first place? That's another mystery, IMO.

If LS' story was fiction, a twist might be that someone was watching from behind the scenes and manipulated them all. Alas, I believe I've watched too much of David Lynch's "Twin Peaks" ...

Anywhere you get an idea from, it's great... because ultimately it's a theory and it can either be torn down, or it stands. The "idea" that there is something that links CR/MB to JR and to LS and it's not being torn down.
One of those things is the likelyhood of drugs. But there are also people linking the 3, previous events including previous partying, including Person X. Seems more than likely that Soap Opera-ish elements driven by opportunistic circumstances ranging to a devious manaipulative mastermind are also possible.

The bottom line is that this smells an awful lot more like an inside job than anything else. We just arent' sure, which insider(s) made which play.
By deduction we arrive at less and less possibilities which create new questions to further be ruled out. I want very much to have most of my questions and ideas ruled out, because that begins to reveal the truth.

One would think it rather pointless to resist DNA requests by LE. It would not take much to get a Judge to order that. So, resisting would only serve to make someone seem obstructionist. But I think it's really interesting that LE asked for it of certain people.

Then as far as CR wanting to get into LS's pants, that probably would not be surprising to LS. I would be very surprised if she were not hit on every day and especially in these types of social situations. It would seem human nature that she would enjoy the attention - to a point, and that he would keep her entertained and hoping for a moment when she might let her guard down. And isn't this how it is from puberty, through college, in bar scenes and even in a lot of religious environments when you are young and single.
Young women are both enjoying the attention, avoiding the creeps, looking for a partner or better partner or pretty much as often as men, or at times just going with the moment. What runs through my mind is that she had to be somewhat used to this sort of thing, and perhaps had strategies to deal with it. I would want to know from her friends, how did LS normally handle these situations? Everyone has habits(that's how humans function) and patterns and we should know hers, as well as all of the POI's. Then you get a clearer picture of what situations were most likely to occur and what the response would be. For example, let's say CR just flat out told LS to come to his place but she was trying to figure out a way out of it but for whatever reason was wasted and had a hard time doing so. Then very plausible another salivating hyena is there at smallwood before she can get to her apt. How rational she be at this point? She operates on instinct... let's go to XX's place... but she's in and out of consciousness. And XX's are not responding. CR, keeps coaxing her to come home with him. She stuck... can't go home, no one answers the door, don't want to wind up with CR... but then blam! face down lights out, purse and keys gone (except her keycard and fake ID which JR later says she had) Then minutes later she's on CR's back. Then inside of his apt. Yeah, I think it's her who vomits on the rug. And then she helps MB put CR to bed? nah... more like CR puts her into his bed. Got stains in that bed, stains on the floor, maybe some dna samples for that stuff? But so many people in and out... lots of dna there. Maybe something if you could prove LS's vomit and LS's blood. Or that she was in that bed (but wait LS said she helped CR to bed so of course her DNA is there... hmmm) So, is he a loser and rapes her as she's passed out? This is not unheard of... and it comes more under that gray area of date rape than rape because with all of the drinking and such, it's hard to prove whether or not it's consentual. So, like most of the other scenarios what happens next is she dies. Now what? Would JR help in this situation? Let's say he would because, JR supplied the coke or other drug that got her so messed up such that she died. The fact that CR may have taken advantage of that situation may not have been known to JR. For example... CR ejaculates by 3:15 and realizes that shes not breathing. He tries some CPR and it's not doing anything... He puts her clothes on, which may have mostly still been on and yells for MB. MB may not have realized what CR did and is now simply freaked out that she's dead. So JR & X come over and take her to JR's etc... Most of this plays out the same except she could have been raped by CR and no one else would know (and of course CR cant remember if he raped her or not)

Ultimately this probably does come down to the gritty underside of human nature. Some guys just wanted to have sex with her, most wanted to get high/wasted/totally messed up, someone wanted to profit. Follow the money, follow the dope, follow the testosterone. All 3 trails were involved, which leads to her demise? Or rather which can be ruled out? So far, none of them.

Thank you! Now it gets much more interesting because it says her fake ID was found at 12th and Walnut. That's a couple blocks north-east of Rosenbaum's. Walnut is also Hwy 37 North to Indianapolis. Just what I suspected all along. It doesn't make sense to use lightly traveled back roads to leave town in the wee hours of the morning. Police are looking at anything that moves at those hours and there's safety in numbers using the main highway. One would not want to get pulled over and asked to open the trunk. So, I'd really like to look at video and try to spy a certain little blue car, white truck, or any other vehicle associated with POI that was not searched.
And, now we know that Lauren had her room key but had lost her building key. Now it also makes sense why she would call David to let her in the front door when she has the key to her apartment.

Wait a minute.

Someone posts a link here which is to an HT Blog, where someone posts a rumor and then you comment on it like it's a proven fact?

That would probably qualify as MISINFORMATION. <modsnip>

JR is quoted as saying that LS had her SW keycard AND her Fake ID at his place before she was supposedly last seen by him. There has been no substantiated or official statement about her SW Keycard or Fake ID being found. If so, let's see it. If her ID had been found at 12th street that would be huge news. The what happened to LS compass is pointing to a square block bordered by 10th, College, 11th, Morton, and so far there is nothing to disprove that. And for me personally, it's pointing to 10th and College.

I think Jupiter182 asked about entrances to 10th and college. I'm sure that CR knew them all, he just seems like that sort of guy. I'm particularly curious of any entrances that avoid the alley cam, but come from north or east or go directly into a parking garage (still hoping someone can confirm where the parking garage is and where the entrance / exits are.

One would think it rather pointless to resist DNA requests by LE. It would not take much to get a Judge to order that. So, resisting would only serve to make someone seem obstructionist. But I think it's really interesting that LE asked for it of certain people.

Then as far as CR wanting to get into LS's pants, that probably would not be surprising to LS. I would be very surprised if she were not hit on every day and especially in these types of social situations. It would seem human nature that she would enjoy the attention - to a point, and that he would keep her entertained and hoping for a moment when she might let her guard down. And isn't this how it is from puberty, through college, in bar scenes and even in a lot of religious environments when you are young and single.
Young women are both enjoying the attention, avoiding the creeps, looking for a partner or better partner or pretty much as often as men, or at times just going with the moment. What runs through my mind is that she had to be somewhat used to this sort of thing, and perhaps had strategies to deal with it. I would want to know from her friends, how did LS normally handle these situations? Everyone has habits(that's how humans function) and patterns and we should know hers, as well as all of the POI's. Then you get a clearer picture of what situations were most likely to occur and what the response would be. For example, let's say CR just flat out told LS to come to his place but she was trying to figure out a way out of it but for whatever reason was wasted and had a hard time doing so. Then very plausible another salivating hyena is there at smallwood before she can get to her apt. How rational she be at this point? She operates on instinct... let's go to XX's place... but she's in and out of consciousness. And XX's are not responding. CR, keeps coaxing her to come home with him. She stuck... can't go home, no one answers the door, don't want to wind up with CR... but then blam! face down lights out, purse and keys gone (except her keycard and fake ID which JR later says she had) Then minutes later she's on CR's back. Then inside of his apt. Yeah, I think it's her who vomits on the rug. And then she helps MB put CR to bed? nah... more like CR puts her into his bed. Got stains in that bed, stains on the floor, maybe some dna samples for that stuff? But so many people in and out... lots of dna there. Maybe something if you could prove LS's vomit and LS's blood. Or that she was in that bed (but wait LS said she helped CR to bed so of course her DNA is there... hmmm) So, is he a loser and rapes her as she's passed out? This is not unheard of... and it comes more under that gray area of date rape than rape because with all of the drinking and such, it's hard to prove whether or not it's consentual. So, like most of the other scenarios what happens next is she dies. Now what? Would JR help in this situation? Let's say he would because, JR supplied the coke or other drug that got her so messed up such that she died. The fact that CR may have taken advantage of that situation may not have been known to JR. For example... CR ejaculates by 3:15 and realizes that shes not breathing. He tries some CPR and it's not doing anything... He puts her clothes on, which may have mostly still been on and yells for MB. MB may not have realized what CR did and is now simply freaked out that she's dead. So JR & X come over and take her to JR's etc... Most of this plays out the same except she could have been raped by CR and no one else would know (and of course CR cant remember if he raped her or not)

Ultimately this probably does come down to the gritty underside of human nature. Some guys just wanted to have sex with her, most wanted to get high/wasted/totally messed up, someone wanted to profit. Follow the money, follow the dope, follow the testosterone. All 3 trails were involved, which leads to her demise? Or rather which can be ruled out? So far, none of them.

Under Indiana law, an intoxicated person cannot give consent. If Corey had done this, he would have been charged with rape and they would be putting the screws to him now. The police would certainly like to file any charges they could find in order to get more answers. So, this simply did not happen.

Wait a minute.

Someone posts a link here which is to an HT Blog, where someone posts a rumor and then you comment on it like it's a proven fact?

That would probably qualify as MISINFORMATION. <modsnip>

JR is quoted as saying that LS had her SW keycard AND her Fake ID at his place before she was supposedly last seen by him. There has been no substantiated or official statement about her SW Keycard or Fake ID being found. If so, let's see it. If her ID had been found at 12th street that would be huge news. The what happened to LS compass is pointing to a square block bordered by 10th, College, 11th, Morton, and so far there is nothing to disprove that. And for me personally, it's pointing to 10th and College.

I think Jupiter182 asked about entrances to 10th and college. I'm sure that CR knew them all, he just seems like that sort of guy. I'm particularly curious of any entrances that avoid the alley cam, but come from north or east or go directly into a parking garage (still hoping someone can confirm where the parking garage is and where the entrance / exits are.

There are conflicting accounts about just about everything including Lauren's condition. I really don't know who to believe. Try to solve this puzzle by adding links to a chain won't work. Try to build theory upon theory, huh.
Build upon a bad foundation and the whole thing will collapse.

I'm using a different method and my method works for me. It's called the big picture. Opportunity is the key for who, what, where, why, how, and etc.
I prefer doing to talking. And, I've been known to walk out of boring meetings at my own corporations because discussions are a waste of time. I'm ready to go look for Lauren and leave the others looking for her key card. After Lauren is found everyone will be singing like a bird.
We'll get the itty bitty details then.

But where to look, where is Lauren?

On the one hand, the way she is so well hidden makes it look like it was something planned, or a random attack.

If done by those around her, spur-of-the-moment; they did not have much time to plan, which should be good thing, unless they were very lucky (don't like saying it that way!).

Without much time, I lean to what's been mentioned that she was simply stashed away in a open construction pit, and by chance wasn't seen and is now beneath concrete or building structure...

There is something I feel really needs said here. i took the time to do the legwork and track down someone who knew Corey Rossman. Someone who had heard his version of the story. Here's part of it. Corey wanted to be the protector that night. He wanted to be the hero. He tried to be the good guy. But, he was punched out of action. Lauren came knocking on his door and she asked him to accompany her to the bar. At the bar, they felt they were being watched and being set up. At Smallwood they were ambushed.
Corey was beat up. Lauren did not go to her room because she did not want to. She would not go home. She could not go home. Lauren and Corey did not call police to report the assault because the police would have arrested everybody. Lauren and Corey feared the police mistakenly more than they feared evil itself.
So, I had this info. Maybe, I was also the person who could have made a difference. Maybe, I could have broke the ice and got Corey to speak with Lauren's parents. Sometimes, just one person can make a difference. And, maybe this is the truth. The truth is what we seek in the end.

But where to look, where is Lauren?

On the one hand, the way she is so well hidden makes it look like it was something planned, or a random attack.

If done by those around her, spur-of-the-moment; they did not have much time to plan, which should be good thing, unless they were very lucky (don't like saying it that way!).

Without much time, I lean to what's been mentioned that she was simply stashed away in a open construction pit, and by chance wasn't seen and is now beneath concrete or building structure...

Maybe, this case was always very simple. Who has a boat and a lake to carry out the legend? I've now connected an Indiana POI to two lakes in Indy.
Maybe it was that simple all along. Maybe, no one connected the dots and searched the right lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth