MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
CliffJudy Cliff Judy
#LisaIrwin's family & police both deny parents being questioned today. PD says they've exchanged phone calls, but not sat down with anyone.
Reporter for KMBC 9 in Kansas City.
That was 32 minutes ago.

At least we know they are still on speaking terms and still in communication. I find this encouraging.

Details of interview still need to be worked out? :(
Your child is missing...talk to police, please...JMO

At the risk of making me sound like a totally crappy parent..

My daughter is a daredevil, and no matter how low we put her crib mattress, she STILL jumps/falls/flips out of her crib (to the point where we've had to put like a giant stack of pillows under her crib so she'd have a "soft landing"). This is rare, but we spoke to our pediatrician about it anyways and he said obviously we need to work on a solution for it BUT the chances of her ever having a serious injury from it are highly unlikely.

I had two "monkey" daughters just like that. They would stand up on the couch or a chair and just walk off. One of those daughters has had 3 girls just like she was. LOL

Boys are known to babysit quite often and sometimes are preferred as they tie up the phones less than the girls do and are distracted less easily ... this is from personal experience with the boys/girls in my family only so this is personal opinion only and not based on any scientific study.

Sure...I would maybe ask a trusted male family member to babysit... But that's about it... I follow the Chinese model : only female babysitters/caregivers/nannies around non verbal children... but I could be a bit paranoid... LOL

There seems to be a distance from the Dad towards the Mom in the article photo of them "embracing". His hands are in his pockets. They're probably both caught in their own private hell, but I sense a hesitation of trust from him to her. I don't know what to think, but I've very worried about little Lisa.

Missing girl's family to work on generating tips for police, reward fund
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/08/3194711/missing-girls-family-to-work-on.html

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/FBI-searches-for-missing-Mo-baby-in-Kan-landfill-2208819.php

This site has more pictures of them and he is holding her...

I cant get the slideshow to load right now but looked at it a bit ago when it was first linked. I too saw what I thought was female in first six photos (a grandma perhaps).

In my own family, at gatherings/parties, you would be hard pressed to find photographer evidence of the females in the family, at least the adult ones. The few photos you might find of us will show a couple over a sink of dirty dishes, maybe one starting a pot of coffee, etc.

My point being that in my family anyway, the men and kids play and sit round visiting and posing for photos, the women tend to be behind the scenes seeing to the food, and the logistics of making the party happen. Oh yeah, and they are usually the ones behind the camera in my family as well.

At the risk of making me sound like a totally crappy parent..

My daughter is a daredevil, and no matter how low we put her crib mattress, she STILL jumps/falls/flips out of her crib (to the point where we've had to put like a giant stack of pillows under her crib so she'd have a "soft landing"). This is rare, but we spoke to our pediatrician about it anyways and he said obviously we need to work on a solution for it BUT the chances of her ever having a serious injury from it are highly unlikely.

Here is a review article of the crib tent things that I have seen used. I asked around about whether these existed when my oldest one (27 now) successfully climbed out of his crib at around 8 mo old....didn't even fall!! People looked at me like I was crazy to ask....guess I should have invented one cause there seems to be MANY on the market now!

http://family.go.com/blog/amyh07/product-review--crib-tents--baby-jail--222085/

They need to give Deborah a sedative. I just watched the latest interview snippet and she loses it, and IMO, right on cue now.

I remember Samantha Runion's mother - I remember her strength and focus when Samantha went missing. I know not everyone reacts the same to this type of tragedy, but at some point it becomes about finding the child and not how it affects you.

Here is a review article of the crib tent things that I have seen used. I asked around about whether these existed when my oldest one (27 now) successfully climbed out of his crib at around 8 mo old....didn't even fall!! People looked at me like I was crazy to ask....guess I should have invented one cause there seems to be MANY on the market now!

http://family.go.com/blog/amyh07/product-review--crib-tents--baby-jail--222085/

Oh my goodness! You are a lifesaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read a billion parenting magazines, blogs, websites, etc. and I've never heard of these. I'm seriously going to order one today. You've just saved me from having a ton of sleepless nights worrying about my daughter in the future. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :seeya:

I find it hard to believe the dumpster fire isn't involved. It is also why I still think its someone outside the family
It is equally as likely that it is a red herring planted by a family member.

I agree. I've never even heard of a dumpster fire before. VERY suspicious!

Who sets a dumpster on fire? I mean, seriously..what on earth would the motive of that be unless there was something in there they they didn't want LE to find.

They need to give Deborah a sedative. I just watched the latest interview snippet and she loses it, and IMO, right on cue now.

I remember Samantha Runion's mother - I remember her strength and focus when Samantha went missing. I know not everyone reacts the same to this type of tragedy, but at some point it becomes about finding the child and not how it affects you.

Respecting your opinion, but if Deborah were emotionless people would be claiming she was cold and detached from the situation in a self-serving manner, perhaps that of a child-killer.

Closing a baby's bedroom door? Why? How would you hear the child crying if the door was closed? That makes no sense to me at all.

These houses are small enough you can hear EVERYTHING in the next room. Even the 'other side' of the house is not very far away! When we had 1 baby and older kids running around the baby's door was shut so the others didn't have to work so hard a being quiet or our critters wouldn't go in and wake them up. My kids ended up getting into my bed most nights though so keeping their doors shut wasn't an issue around here.

Got a link? TIA

I agree. I've never even heard of a dumpster fire before. VERY suspicious!

Yes, and the landfill has been searched three times with nothing found.

Maybe this was staged? I like that theory because the baby would still be alive, perhaps sold.

Is that not a lady holding Lisa in the first 6 or so pics? I don't mean to sound snarky.

wm

I thought it was an older female also.

Maybe those are just the photos that were released. There could be more with other female family members that include other children that they don't want released. Maybe those were the best photos of the baby.....

It could be any number of things, but I just don't see what's suspicious about it.

Dumpster fires are pretty uncommon, but not THAT uncommon. True, sort of hinky, the apparent coincidence of this one blazing the same night a child disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88