Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was what apparently prompted the JWRC to remind everyone they are monitoring the news...

Meaning they did not believe that article, or that they knew you JB didn't discover anything new?

Meaning they did not believe that article, or that they knew you JB didn't discover anything new?

Meaning that they have threatened media organizations that they will revoke access to interviews with the family if they discuss me or my books. This has occurred on at least three occasions, possibly more. In some cases media organizations, such as KARE11, have met with me in secret so that the JWRC would not find out. Their news director followed my author page until after word got out they were meeting with me and seeking information. KARE11 called me on this past Thursday to ask me about the source of some information in the book...I told them to find it in the bibliography.

Meaning that they have threatened media organizations that they will revoke access to interviews with the family if they discuss me or my books. This has occurred on at least three occasions, possibly more. In some cases media organizations, such as KARE11, have met with me in secret so that the JWRC would not find out. Their news director followed my author page until after word got out they were meeting with me and seeking information.

But why?

I wonder what they'd say now if a third party presented this article and also evidence that JB was pushing LE to investigate Hart.

I'm of the belief that someone in Stearns County was covering or trying to deflect information away from him. They didn't need to as the FBI was more than incompetent in the way they handled this. Agree with you that he should have been more than obvious.

The MPR podcast yesterday had Esme talking about her interview with DH in 96. Same interview that was on the news showing the back of his car while they were talking.

It looked like Joy Baker made quite a bond with Patty, who maybe wasn't fully aware of a lot of the connections that LE knew about, such as the Paynesville attacks and Jared. To Patty, it was breaking news, and she gave a LOT of credit to Joy when she spoke to the media and John Walsh's people.

Did yall know about Patty wearing a wire and speaking to Dan Rassier in 2010? First time I'd heard about this detail.
http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/0...-released-detail-case-against-danny-heinrich/

Good post!

Couple of things-it wasn't Esme talking to Danny Heinrich, it was Trish VanPilsum. Trish was with WCCO at the time.

Yes, it was somewhat common knowledge that Patty was wearing a wire during the "accidental" meeting with Dan Rassier.

And you are correct, to Patty it was breaking news. That, in and of itself speaks volumes.

I'm of the belief that someone in Stearns County was covering or trying to deflect information away from him. They didn't need to as the FBI was more than incompetent in the way they handled this. Agree with you that he should have been more than obvious.

It was the FBI that surveilled and arrested Danny Heinrich in 1990, Stearns County resisted and met him go. The FBI withdrew from the case at that time. When the FBI got back into the case in November 2014, Stearns was all about Hart, but the FBI settled on Heinrich within days.

I happen to agree , I have been following this case since I first heard about it in 1990 , and then with the exceptionally high number of priest-pedophile cases in the area (Behind the Pine Curtain) the silence & inaction of LE made me wonder if some of them had something to hide.

I would have been wrong of course (regarding the Wetterling case) .... but there remains the aroma of that strange silence from law enforcement ... they never pointed fingers at the likely suspects

But when it came to the totally innocent Dan Rassier they did not hesitate to splash it all over the news

The aroma lingers.

I happen to agree , I have been following this case since I first heard about it in 1990 , and then with the exceptionally high number of priest-pedophile cases in the area (Behind the Pine Curtain) the silence & inaction of LE made me wonder if some of them had something to hide.

I would have been wrong of course (regarding the Wetterling case) .... but there remains the aroma of that strange silence from law enforcement ... they never pointed fingers at the likely suspects

But when it came to the totally innocent Dan Rassier they did not hesitate to splash it all over the news

The aroma lingers.

It only took an elementary education to figure out who did this in 1990.

The aroma lingers.

I think you may want to read the different interviews LE had with DR.,His mother thought he may have done it and had ideas on how he did it

Why deflect from Heinrich? He is a loner psychopath thatt kept his secret all of these years. From all the attacks he did, he was alone.

I think you may want to read the different interviews LE had with DR.,His mother thought he may have done it and had ideas on how he did it

First time I have heard of this. Are you serious ? thanks.

Meaning that they have threatened media organizations that they will revoke access to interviews with the family if they discuss me or my books. This has occurred on at least three occasions, possibly more. In some cases media organizations, such as KARE11, have met with me in secret so that the JWRC would not find out. Their news director followed my author page until after word got out they were meeting with me and seeking information. KARE11 called me on this past Thursday to ask me about the source of some information in the book...I told them to find it in the bibliography.

Listening to the different reports on how the agencies hated each other and hearing this about ELOC and the weird BS regarding his book, I wonder why all of this crazy fighting. It is beyond absurd to venerate Joy and attack ELOC. He publlshed a book at expense to himself and donated the money. He shared resources and info with Joy. He gave the FBI missing notes that led to Heinrich. And ELOC is the bad guy because.......?

The aroma lingers.

I am not sure of the mechanisms at play for LEO in that area-- hiding something or no. But I think it is important to remember that the priest-pedophile cases and pedophile cases in general were very uncomfortable back before Jacob's abduction. In my area, many in LE were Catholic and defended the church vehemently because it was a power structure and a major anchor in their lives. I think that for the LEO who were not abused (or, even some who were abused) the thought of going against the church and their community was unthinkable. Additionally, LEO would often counsel families to let abuses go because of the embarrassment for the family or child if it went to court-- the shame, guilt and humiliation. This was one of the reasons that pedophile could reoffend. With issues involving priests, the religious power structures shuffled them around when their crimes came to light as families often went to the church rather than LE-- some families receiving pay-offs if the crimes against their children were heinous enough, more often for female survivors rather than male.

Real training for LEOs in relation to sexual abuse was not something that was instituted before the 1980s with few exceptions. This timeline, (http://www.scouting.org/BSAYouthProtection/Media_Center/SocietalTimeline.aspx) published by scouting.org, gives a nice view of how that structure began to develop language and program to protect children among politicians, LE, and social organizations. Most LE did not have sexual abuse training available to them until the mid-1980s. I would venture that the officers in the St. Joe's area were not trained on the crest of the wave. Given that they questioned the witnesses about Jacob running away and Patty Wetterling talked about hearing a radio report that said they were looking for a boy lost in the woods, we can infer that the LE in this case got some serious on the job training during the abduction of Jacob which led them back to the other non-discussed Paynesville assaults. We continually hear how this area lost their innocence with this case. I submit that the innocence of many children and families had been lost prior --causing an exquisitely painful secret club ---and that the LE in the area lost their innocence then.

It is important to recognize that there are still pockets of society that can't or won't break down the stigma that sexual abuse has for them, particularly when it comes to males. When I worked at a Rape Crisis Center in the late 80s and into the 90s, I would often encounter LEOs who couldn't see that sexual assault is violence (power over through terror and taboo), not sex. By viewing the situation as sexual rather than violence, the taboos we have as a society in discussing sex take over. Unfortunately for many survivors over time, the officers (untrained in sexual abuse and assault) were the first men and women on the scene and their reports to higher ups set the tone of the investigation. In some areas of my service, we had town LE that refused to believe that assaults could occur among the wealthy.

The monster in this case was on their radar but they didn't connect the assaults or MO and keep the pressure on because they had no tools to really do so. (The largest mistake was the error in thinking that the perp didn't have a car.) The DR stuff came to light after much learning occurred and he appeared more fragile and emotional or suggestible as he questioned his own ability to commit the crime. DR was profiled as a quirky, non-typical male, living at home, running around the area, and emotional alternating between high emotion and strange indifference. He didn't react as one would have thought when he first encountered LE on his property. It may have been easier to see him as the perpetrator because some questioned his sexuality given his profile-- that whole manly man seek women garbage.

Unfortunately, there were lots of monsters in the world that looked like the monster who killed Jacob and committed these crimes. I believe there are still too many monsters on the loose. In fact, this monster had also been abused by a serial abuser. But, the topic was taboo, no psychological help was ever given and the cycle perpetuated itself with more violence.

This case gives the largest credence to the idea that training, more training, and excellent leadership are the best tools in prevention of serial sexual abusers. LE has an obligation to protect us from monsters. As citizens we are also responsible to protect our children by not closing our eyes, giving our children tools if they encounter monsters, and challenging our LE to make sure they are skilled and capable when it comes to the finding and holding abusers accountable.

In short, I believe the aroma of strange silence was due to lack of training and structures to bring forth these crimes into the light resulting in the historic stance that it was better banish the crimes to hushed tones and beliefs that just moving on rather than dealing was better for the survivor and the community. Thank goodness we have structures that provide training which unfortunately come from the price that many children have paid. People like Patty have indeed changed the world.

JMHO

As a retired teacher, we knew zero about sex abuse until after Jacob, That is when mandated reporting, Good Touch, Bad Touch all started, It has taken a long time.

Think about Brock Turner and his sentence.

Before,child sex abuse in the family was their business. A woman being beaten was family business. I don't think people knew anything about priest abuse until lately, did they?

Before,child sex abuse in the family was their business. A woman being beaten was family business. I don't think people knew anything about priest abuse until lately, did they?

I was raised in a VERY Catholic family (1960s-early 1970s). There was inference among kids and a few adults. Alter boys talked about special stuff that they got and going to the rectory for meals and movies. When I was in my teens all hell started to break loose in my area. There were some progressive priests who started to leave to get married and they began talk about some of the goings on in our church. The congregation was divided among those who refused to question and the families whose kids said things were happening. My neighborhood had a man who was a big supporter (money) to my church and was a known pedophile but had never been arrested because the police felt the embarrassment to the families and young girls would be awful. The idea was keeping everything a family matter or secret. Many lives ruined in my neck of the woods but very few structures that would or could support any survivor of abuse.

The college rape scene is a whole other issue that should scare us all--- the Turner Monster and the Vanderbilt rapists combined with an amazing "blame the survivor mentality."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong