Criminal trial scheduling including pre-trial hearings, conferences & Timeline

I truly hope so. This has been 8 long...long years. hard to believe Friday will be 8 years since Janet was murdered.

I plan no feeding the ducks at greenlake park on Friday. Giving a bit of love back to the earth in name of Janet and baby.

I have been reading WSs and following this case in the media. I hope it is over and done, with a resounding guilty, before the AH case is set to begin on May 20. Does anybody know if it will be streamed by WRVD or another local station? We need to start a new thread on this case. I would, but I don't know how as I have never done it.

I have been reading WSs and following this case in the media. I hope it is over and done, with a resounding guilty, before the AH case is set to begin on May 20. Does anybody know if it will be streamed by WRVD or another local station? We need to start a new trial thread, I don't know how. Anybody?

What case is that?

What case is that?

The AH case is the Hayes/Haze couple who murdered the mother of his children, dismembered her, and drove her body parts in coolers from Raleigh to Texas. Texas LE located some of the body parts in a nasty creek near AH's sisters house. It's going to be a good trial--she is saying she wasn't there and he is using self defense as his alibi. Horrible people, the victim was a lovely young woman who was fighting GH for custody of their 2 small children. They were supposed to be tried together but just this past Monday Judge DS severed the cases and hers is to begin May 20, his in August.

I plan on wearing the ribbon that someone was kind enough to send me from the 2006 Vigil, lighting a candle and attending a local event here to honor Janet and other victims of crimes.

The AH case is the Hayes/Haze couple who murdered the mother of his children, dismembered her, and drove her body parts in coolers from Raleigh to Texas. Texas LE located some of the body parts in a nasty creek near AH's sisters house. It's going to be a good trial--she is saying she wasn't there and he is using self defense as his alibi. Horrible people, the victim was a lovely young woman who was fighting GH for custody of their 2 small children. They were supposed to be tried together but just this past Monday Judge DS severed the cases and hers is to begin May 20, his in August.

oh maaaaaaan.... that is :(

Thursday afternoon there will be hearing on this case to set a new trial date. Charlene Coggins-Franks asked for a date in September, Amos Tyndall has a murder case to try then so we shall see on Thursday what's happening.

Until then for 1192 days the world has been a little safer.

Thursday afternoon there will be hearing on this case to set a new trial date. Charlene Coggins-Franks asked for a date in September, Amos Tyndall has a murder case to try then so we shall see on Thursday what's happening.

Until then for 1192 days the world has been a little safer.[/quot

Hiya, trix - I really liked the way Char jumped up and said "retrial" as soon as she possibly could. I guess she may have had that cleared with the DA's office just in case it was hung. I don't know whether the ADAs have that authority -- maybe they do. But she didn't let one minute go by before she put it on the record. I like her gutz -- her noive -- her smarts -- and her quickly speaking for Janet & all who miss & love her.

You go, Charlene!

I have been extremely critical of the District Attorney's office since Janet was murdered. I do believe that retired Honorable Judge A. Leon Stanback, Jr. being named interim DA was extremely smart on behalf of Governor Beverly Perdue and I do believe he has restored integrity to the Durham County District Attorney's office and I would imagine that ADA Coggins-Franks has his full support.

The District Attorney was Jim Hardin on April 26, 2005. That was his last day as DA. Governor Mike Easley appointed Michael Nifong to be the interim DA and on April 27, 2005, Michael Nifong was sworn into office, which is the morning after Janet was murdered.

From that day forward the issues that office had had under his leadership were horrendous. Justice seemed to be halted. Michael Nifong spent so much time campaigning, I believe in the first week or so he walked into ADA Frieda Blacks' office and pretty much forced her to resign. I do believe that he knew she was going to run for DA's office and he decided he wanted to keep this position and he spent so much time campaigning and less time Prosecuting and I don't think he knew how to run that office.

I believe the primary's were in May of 2006 so he spent that entire first year working on getting reelected.

After DA Nifong lost his job and was subsequently disbarred Tracey Cline became the DA. I don't know exactly what the issues were but she inherited a large mountain of backed up cases, I am not sure if there was too much pressure, or what happened there. I do know there was some sort of issue between her and Judge Orlando Hudson and subsequently she lost her job. This was 7 years worth lack of progress. The Prosecutors on Janet's case changed hands several times. From Jim Dornfried, Tracey Cline, Angela Garcia-Lamarca, Theresa Pressley to Charlene Coggins-Franks and Luke Bumm. This case being a Circumstantial Evidence case, you need someone who is smart and willing to work hard and dedicate yourself to the case and I am grateful that we found that with this team, and I hope they are here to to stay, for all those that are looking for Justice in Durham.

I believe the next elections are in 2014 (not positive though) and I'm not sure if he will be running (I believe he was a retired Judge) so I hope that he runs.

Either way I believe that Judge Orlando Hudson was a fair and great Judge and I am proud of the way that Charlene Coggins-Franks and Luke Bumm handled the prosecution of Janet's case.

I hope they can get it done the next go around.

I cannot see Raven taking a plea deal and his Mother wouldn't allow it either. I wonder if she enjoyed the limelight, the universal dream.

He was shocked that it was 11-1 guilty and both of them thought it was 11-1 Not Guilty.

I would surprised if they didn't find a way to fire Tyndall and insists on taking the stand or representing himself. He's just that narcissistic.

I would love to see Raven get up on the stand and speak for himself. That would be extremely interesting to watch and hear.

I agree, you can tell by the statement read when he was cross examined at the hearing when Theresa Pressley was the ada that he became arrogant and belligerent.

Jason took the stand, as did Arias, Raven thinks he's all that and would take the stand if allowed.

Then again, if there is a retrial, I cannot see them allowing Karyn Abaroa Bolton, Raven's Mother, to take the stand, she was horrific!!!

If he is innocent, and if he rejects a plea deal, then he should testify at his trial. If he did not kill Janet, then he should have nothing to fear by telling the truth. So I believe if he choses to reject a plea deal, he should testify - only fair.

If he is innocent, and if he rejects a plea deal, then he should testify at his trial. If he did not kill Janet, then he should have nothing to fear by telling the truth. So I believe if he choses to reject a plea deal, he should testify - only fair.

If.....If were 6 foot tall, I'd be a model and I'd shake my little tush on the cat walk, on the cat walk, ha ha not!

We know there is no "If he is innocent" because he's not and even if I were 6 foot tall, I'd never be a model and I wouldn't shake my tush on the cat walk lol.

"If I were a bird" wait, sorry that was too easy.

He probably wanted to testify, but he would suck on the stand as bad as his mother did.

Derek Rowles reported on Twitter that #Abaroa attorneys tell court they do not want their client "paraded" into court in jail clothese (sic) and shackles could prejudice any new jurors.

You mean like these

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/269498-AOW-240x180.jpg

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wtvd/cms_exf_2007/_video_wn_images/7299940_600x338.jpg

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wtvd/cms_exf_2007/_video_wn_images/8688801_600x338.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...2-109a-11df-ab5a-001cc4c002e0.preview-300.jpg

These are some of my favorites!

So... parade has happened many times in the past - been there, done that. Can't see how one more time would have an impact.

Derek Rowles reported on Twitter that #Abaroa attorneys tell court they do not want their client "paraded" into court in jail clothese (sic) and shackles could prejudice any new jurors.

You mean like these

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/269498-AOW-240x180.jpg

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wtvd/cms_exf_2007/_video_wn_images/7299940_600x338.jpg

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wtvd/cms_exf_2007/_video_wn_images/8688801_600x338.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...2-109a-11df-ab5a-001cc4c002e0.preview-300.jpg

These are some of my favorites!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase