Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #35 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
542429_489309734440247_618255316_n.jpg

I love that man! Sure wish he was still around.

Mormon Attorney,
I know nothing about Mormonism. I do know that JA has almost successfully destroyed TA, Mormons, PPL, and others. I am sorry anyone has attacked you. Hang in there. I appreciate all your comments and insight.

Almost Successfully destroyed? Not even a smidge. TRIED to destroy? Ayup. But who would take the words of a known and verified pathological liar as some kind of new gospel? As for destroying TA, she took his life, but she never got his soul or all the love everyone had for him.

Somebody remind me again that Juan is going to make this about justice for Travis again....please....

Yo sequek9......Juan is going to remind everyone what this case is really about, and it's not about how Jody feels after a name calling.

JVM "This is having a longer run than some Broadway shows". LOL

Dr Drew will have a high school friend of Jodi's on tonight who has been through domestic violence. Her name is Stephanie and she does not believe Jodi has suffered domestic violence.

Stephanie was in court....last week? The one sitting next to JA mother, one day in a stored off the shoulder, showing a tattoo, the next day in bright coral.

Well depending on how it's read (but I feel that I never got the proper "credit" or recognition I deserved as your girlfriend. You say it was because you are a ____ [private?] person. You say it was because of Deanna. You say it was because you were rather attached to the reputation of being a single, eligible bachelor.) it also could show Travis didn't credit Jodi for work she contributed; he was more worried about another woman's feelings than his girlfriend;he was more attached to his image than treating Jodi with respect; he treated her like a shameful secret.

Now, I'm not saying any of the letter is a true representation of Travis' feelings. We all know Jodi is a liar, I'm only suggesting that if read a certain way, it only takes one juror to feel sorry for Jodi.

IMO

Oh crap..... :-(

Yes, she is feigning outrage that TA called her a *advertiser censored* and a *advertiser censored*

She makes me sick. NG does too but she is always on the victim's side.

Where are you about in lower Alabama? I live about 15 minutes from Mobile.

As horrifying as this case is, think about the HOURS that JA was in her rental car, going to see him, have sex w/ him, photograph him, & ultimately, kill him...& the time she spent afterwards, trying to concoct multiple stories (once she was placed at the scene)-it was truly karmic justice that the photographs were taken, thought to be deleted, & in the end, recovered...you can't get anything better than this...

Has anyone else noticed how many movie references JA makes in her testimony? I'm telling you, I truly believe most of her 'stories' come from movies.

Oh crap..... :-(
I want to make it clear that I personally believe Jodi is a psychopath and assumed things about Travis' thoughts and feelings based on nothing more than the distorted lens through which she viewed everything.

We will never know the entire truth about their relationship, because she slaughtered him in cold blood.

IMO

Here is a link to the library where I got screenshots of the letters today. They are easy to read.. if anyone is interested. There are lots of trial screenshots here.
http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/library/

whoa! I missed almost all of today. Who wrote the texts at the end. I think I remember reading that the last one about playing hard to get was from Ryan. Were the rest of those from him, as well? Yikes.

I am not Mormon, but shunning of apostates is practiced. I interpret that as judgment.

I'm back. I can see where it would seem that way. Actually, the opposite is true. We believe that with baptism and temple covenants, you make sacred promises to God. We believe you are accountable for those promises. When someone is excommunicated, it is a release from those covenants. Then, if they want to come back, they are given the opportunity to be rebaptized to take on those promises/responsibilities again.

Someone asked how I felt about Travis in light of what we have heard. My view is complex because I am also an attorney who represents families with kids who have his history. Being raised in a meth lab home for the first ten years is something you never get over. If you do not get love in your first 0-3 years from a caregiver, it is difficult to make up for the deficits which can occur. Often, in these kids, we see sexual behavior as a way to feel loved and attached. Since they may be afraid of the emotional commitment (because they were neglected or hurt when young), they may be much more comfortable with physical gratification as a means of meeting their need to be loved. As a result, these kids often have a much higher rate of sexual promiscuity regardless of religious faith.

Having said that, church is a hospital for sinners. I am one. He was leading a double life (my guess is that it would not have been popular in the predominantly Mormon/PPL world to be messing around to the extent he was - so from a sales perspective, it was probably smart to play the role of the 30 year old virgin). He was not living the covenants he had made. It appears he also apparently lied to his nice girlfriends about what he was doing.

If I was the mama of one of those girls, I'd be all over him - grin!

But, as a fellow Mormon, I would have loved him. I also would have welcomed Jodi into my home. I would have supported them in any way I could - even after knowing what they were doing. We all know the road they were on is not the road to happiness. Both of them appear younger than their chronological ages in many respects (I'd like to know her history). I would have done anything I could do to help both of them.

Now that Travis is gone, how do I feel? Sad. Knowing how he loved his siblings, I know he would not want for them to go through this. I am sure his heart must ache for all they are going through. He never would have wanted this for them.

But, aside from his family, how do I feel about what he did? We have a saying in the country regarding electric fences (that keep cattle in) - there are two kinds of people - some who believe you when you say the fence is hot and others who need to lick it before they will believe you. :)

What I am trying to say is there are many in the LDS faith who make it to marriage and have honored the law of chastity. There are also many who, for some reason, took another path. At the end of the day, many close to me have become great leaders in the church after they have gone on forbidden paths and felt the power of Christ's atonement and repentance. In fact, some of the strongest members/leaders I know have walked that road. They KNOW the power of the atonement and they have powerful testimonies. They would never recommend the road, but they are beautiful at helping others back on the path because they have been there themselves.

Travis never got to finish his life. He never got to decide if he wanted to repent or go see his bishop. We don't know the end and we can't judge. What we do know is that he was trying to get away from Jodi (the reason she killed him). What would another year or six months have brought? With his beautiful spirit and all he had overcome, I believe that without Jodi in his life, he would have been strong again in whatever he wanted.

Having said that, Travis was beautiful no matter what. He was and is a son of God. He was and is precious to his Father in Heaven. The greatest sadness I have is that his beautiful life was not preserved long enough to find out the great things he would do. JA was a detour in his life. She was not his life. He had great things to accomplish - inside the Church, as well as outside. I would have loved to see him have that chance.

In the end, I just have a special place in my heart for kids like Travis. I have seen the load they carry - they smile and laugh, but they have to overcome alot. I am proud of all that he accomplished. Given his history, I am not at all surprised by the things we have learned. I only feel pain that he did not get the opportunity to continue to fight and grow and become. I am sure we hadn't seen anything yet.

Just my two cents, for what they are worth. :)

Its interesting (Imo) how Joey Jackson and Dr. Drew have changed their tunes....

Nurmi needs to take note. It ain't workin buddy. Sit down and shut up. Soon. Or you just might be the one sticking the needle into her arm.

As horrifying as this case is, think about the HOURS that JA was in her rental car, going to see him, have sex w/ him, photograph him, & ultimately, kill him...& the time she spent afterwards, trying to concoct multiple stories (once she was placed at the scene)-it was truly karmic justice that the photographs were taken, thought to be deleted, & in the end, recovered...you can't get anything better than this...

LOL, all to be done in by a memory card. You dun goofed Jodi :fence:

In my whole life I have never been so bored listening about someone's sex life. None of this adds up. She is one way in texts and on phone and then on the stand she is mary mary quite contrary.. ( did I just give away my age? ;) )

I don't know what her defense was thinking. She should have thrown herself on the mercy of the prosecutor and begged for a life deal.
I think this ends badly for her. Very badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member