IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean not directly, I meant through leaks to the media.

What is strange to me is not finding an extremely active public FB page in this case...there are several but none really have much activity. Usually there is almost constant posting on cases with this much attention, especially with this age group.

5fdadd0e.jpg

If someone were trolling, they would risk exposure. LE could go back and look at stored videos for weeks or months (particularly at those early am hours) and possibly match the vehicle and get the plate number that way too.
Something else to analyze... would make sense to start with the day or two before even...

I agree that LE could and should go back a few days on the tapes and also look at more recent tapes to see if this truck was regularly in the area at that time of day (I'm thinking construction worker or delivery person). JMHO

I agree that LE could and should go back a few days on the tapes and also look at more recent tapes to see if this truck was regularly in the area at that time of day (I'm thinking construction worker or delivery person). JMHO

Newspaper delivery people would be out extremely early, and stocking some of those newspaper machines would take a few minutes and could account for 10 minutes it took for the truck to come back into view. Also, if he's out every day at that time, he might be pretty used to rolling through stopsigns.

Another possibility is that Lauren got a ride from the truck and they dropped her off somewhere else? Somewhere she wanted to go?

With this or even another vehicle (friends vehicles not excluded, which would allow them to avoid being mugged on the way home) the first thing that comes to mind is her phone. Would the route this vehicle took pass by Kilroy's? I do think the 10 minute thing between videos is interesting. If the person went to an ATM or gas station there should be images. Anything else to explain the time between images?

I personally don't see how there is NOT a person in the back. It just almost seems too obvious that it is a person.

Of course it's not always the most obvious thing that comes to mind, so perhaps it is equipment.

Anyway, my theory of the half-truck photo that seems to show no equipment is that the full side photo, behind the "person" appears to be all white. As if the bed liner was only partially turned down. Think of it like an actual bed, and you only folding down the top corner.

That is why on the passenger side view, from that angle, we only see all white.

Sorry if I dont describe exactly how I'm thinking it in my head.

You see runaway and I see the word Rhapsody.. Lol.. I'm am fairly certain it's neither...lol.. But I was amazed that once I cropped this pic and enhanced and altered the color and contrast that out of nowhere it seems that a word did appear because when looking a the picture in full a d not the image projected in the glass(as what's depicted ^above^ is cropped pic of the projection on glass)..but when
Looking at the same door area it looks as tho it's just a scratch or a smudge. That's why I was shocked when it suddenly looked as tho it was indeed a word afterwall..

What word? Or whose name?.. It's anyone's guess. Wish someone local it would ring a bell for and they'd recognize tge way the word is lettered and sized and say that it was a business name or logo there in and around Bloomington..

Locals?? Doesn't look familiar or ring any bells for any of you??

Newspaper delivery people would be out extremely early, and stocking some of those newspaper machines would take a few minutes and could account for 10 minutes it took for the truck to come back into view. Also, if he's out every day at that time, he might be pretty used to rolling through stopsigns.

This is true. I used to deliver newspapers and stopped all the time to fill outdoor racks and convenience stores' shelves. Are there any convenience stores in that area? When you are the only person out every morning, you get used to rolling through stop signs.

You see runaway and I see the word Rhapsody.. Lol.. I'm am fairly certain it's neither...lol.. But I was amazed that once I cropped this pic and enhanced and altered the color and contrast that out of nowhere it seems that a word did appear because when looking a the picture in full a d not the image projected in the glass(as what's depicted ^above^ is cropped pic of the projection on glass)..but when
Looking at the same door area it looks as tho it's just a scratch or a smudge. That's why I was shocked when it suddenly looked as tho it was indeed a word afterwall..

What word? Or whose name?.. It's anyone's guess. Wish someone local it would ring a bell for and they'd recognize tge way the word is lettered and sized and say that it was a business name or logo there in and around Bloomington..

I have scoured business names in Bloomington for the last hour, went thru almost entire Chamber of Commerce directory...nothing jumped out. It does not look the the type of truck you would use for your business unless you made it very clear what your business was, and I don't see how a one-word name could do that. I am still thinking it is like a decal or a name for the truck by its owner.
This work you did is really good, might not hurt to email it in...

Something called "Rhapsody Entertainment" comes up when you google, in B'ton...

It may not be from Bloomington. Anyone in the southern / southwestern part of the state, within 30 mins to an hour of Bloomington anyway -- if they were looking for someone like Lauren to harm, they could go to Bloomington and then return home that a.m.

It could also be someone from Indy or anywhere, who was a former student there, and knows the area well.

Are there any local landscaping companies that start with R? It could be something like a lawnmower or wheelbarrow in the back.

I think it's some kind of machine in the back, not sure to be honest with you. Looks like a handle is visible in one of the pics.

Pretty sure LE knows someone is being held down in the back and that is why they released it as a suspicious vehicle. I saw it in about 20 seconds of looking at it. I am not expecting a kidnapper to be smart (or even sober for that matter), and why would LE be looking elsewhere if any of the 3 or 4 boys seemed like they had done something? Could have been very spur-of-the-moment, and that would be why they sped off after they circled a second time.

It jumped right out at me as soon as I saw the pic. At least one person in the back of the truck, if not two.

I personally don't see how there is NOT a person in the back. It just almost seems too obvious that it is a person.

Of course it's not always the most obvious thing that comes to mind, so perhaps it is equipment.

Anyway, my theory of the half-truck photo that seems to show no equipment is that the full side photo, behind the "person" appears to be all white. As if the bed liner was only partially turned down. Think of it like an actual bed, and you only folding down the top corner.

That is why on the passenger side view, from that angle, we only see all white.

Sorry if I dont describe exactly how I'm thinking it in my head.

I agree...
The response I got was that we are seeing what we want to see. Well, after reading the article I WANTED to see the equipment in the back but when I enlarged the picture it looked like someone, if not two people, in the back. It looks like a blond head may be backed up against the cab. The bed is definitely not FULL of equipment as was stated in the article. I do graphic design and I have manipulated some shadows and enhanced the photo for myself and I have no doubt in my mind that is a face in that photo. Doesn't mean it has to do with the disappearance, but I am convinced.

I took the side image since it seems to have the most 'clean' view of whatever is on the side. I then put it through Retinex ... the top one is the result (click for full res)

This is the same image distorted to be more forward facing. There will be some distortion but it might help the eye clue in to what is going on ...

I think that it's not a huge deal that the truck blew a stop sign at this hour of night, especially with the locals informing us that there is generally low traffic at this time.

However, which one of us can say we have never blown a stop sign? Probably none, right?

BUT, think about the times that you DO blow stop signs. When it's late at night, in an area you're familiar with...right? I occasionally "roll" through stop signs that are in an area I'm extremely comfortable with, especially if it's super late at night, and I'm not expecting traffic...or cops.

So, it could be someone who drives this area a lot at this hour...or at least knows the area at this time of night.

Personally, I wouldn't blow through stop signs in areas that I haven't driven frequently. I would have no idea where the next streets are, where cars could be coming from, etc.

I took the side image since it seems to have the most 'clean' view of whatever is on the side. I then put it through Retinex ... the top one is the result (click for full res)

This is the same image distorted to be more forward facing. There will be some distortion but it might help the eye clue in to what is going on ...

Does anyone else see something inside the back passenger window?
A figure? A hand against the glass? Possible reflection from the street buildings?

Btw it also looks like one of those red paint decals from the manufacturer on the rear passenger side of the bed.
Could help to identify it more.

I see something, but I can't tell if it is just the reflection in the glass and the headrest of the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff