Tony Padilla Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is going to sound ridiculously simple but it just hit me reading the above how idiotic this is. For this man to go to court with no original....that means THERE IS NO ORIGINAL to the document he is trying to pass off to the court!

I mean, come on, what person in his right mind wouldn't bring an original with them? I work in the public sector....that's the first thing you do when organizing any sort of transaction. Where's the original? That's the first question you start with!

This doesn't bode well for JB and crew as far as I'm concerned.

And thank you, Tony for your willingness to share with us. It is much appreciated and offers a very unique view into this case.

DING DING! We have a winner. :clap:

<<He's also in the middle of a very nasty, sticky, highly publicized, soon-to-be-enacted- on- the- national- stage trial. Soon, EVERYBODY is gonna be watching or talking about that trial. >>

bold by me

Into which he inserted himself. In no way am I trying to be snarky. It's just that when TP and LP came all the way from Cali to bail her out, I was floored. What possible motive, other than publicity, could they possibly have for this? This is just my personal opinion, but at the time I kind of thought they were undermining LE. I wonder if, had Casey been allowed to stew for awhile, if things would be different now? Just one more thing, the arrival of LP kind of turned the whole thing into a bit of a "circus" atmosphere. Wouldn't you agree?

I would agree that it was a circus almost "from day one," due to the nature of the case, and the people involved-- ALL of them. I mean the As, the lawyers, the defense's experts and co-counsel, the press, the talking heads in any form of media.

In fact, IMHO, the MAJOR contribution to the "circus" atmosphere came from KC, herself. Any case wherin the murdering mother of a baby (of itself inflammatory) spews nonsense about invisinannys with non-existing communications and wrong addresses, and KCs non-existent office is a circus at the get-go.

I would NOT agree that the Ps are entirely responsible for the "colorful" nature of the case.

LP did not come "just to bail her out," BTW. He clearly intended to find Caylee. He is not a bail bondsman. He is a bounty hunter. He DID believe, at the time, that he could find Caylee, and that KC was likely innocent.

With him came his nephew, a bail bondsman. All accused have the right to bail out, unless charged with a crime for which there is no bail-- as KC is now.

As was previously posted, the Ps were involved BEFORE most of the critical evidence came in, when a fairly sizeable chunk of our membership also thought that KC was innocent. Some still do. One does not see significant rudeness directed at them. We debate them with courtesy.

I would also agree that LP is flamboyant. Sacto isn't exactly cowboy country, either. But, then, a lot of extraverts are flamboyant.

Take a walk down Melrose Ave in Los Angeles, sometime. Then, talk to me about flamboyance. Or, West L.A., Hollywood, San Francisco, areas in Sacto, North Park in San Diego, maybe.

If TP visits, again, he's a better person than I would be, if treated with less than the courtesy to which a member is entitled. IMHO, that is pretty much the case.

One has to wonder what other case principles might also be discouraged from visiting, as well?

DUPED? So, did he invest money with KC? Nooooooo. Is he interviewing convent candidates for a living? Noooooooo.

TL is a bail bondsman. It's was his job to see that KC didn't rabbit. He did his job.

KC was well-behaved in their brief interaction. He can't say she WASN'T.

He might bond out black guys from the hood, in Sacto, every day. We have no idea.

LP thought he could find Caylee. He found out otherwise. It happens to people in any branch of LE. The ones you thought were good, turn out to be bad, and vice versa.

Not sure what the fuss is about.

That is why I'm still curious to know why and who asked the P's to consider getting involved in the case in the first place. Do we know? Did TP answer my question and I missed it? What was their motivation beyond finding an alive Caylee assuming at the time that LE did jump the gun by arresting KC early on? LP thought he could uncover the threat KC felt she was under but he could not (because there was no threat). These are LP's claims but what else? Why did they come to Orlawndo in the first place? Did JB ask them to come bail KC out therefore the defense does feel the P's are part of the defense team? Is that the confusion here?

Questions re bail and bail bondsmen.

To keep it simple, let's say a family member is arrested and bail is set at $100,000. Let's also say that I have no property to put up as collateral, but I have some cash so I hire a bail bondsman. If I understand the way this works, I have to give the bondsman $10,000, and then he puts up the remaining $90,000. Right so far?

Now, let's say the case is dismissed a few weeks later before it ever goes to trial and the judge releases the bail. Do I get my $10,000 back?

Next, let's say the case does go to trial and my family member appears as ordered. If he's acquitted do I get my $10,000 back? If he's found guilty, do I get my $10,000 back?

Last question, in the case of the Padillas, if Leonard P paid Tony P $50,000 of the $500,000 bond, was LP entitled to a refund of his $50,000 when KC's bond was revoked?"

Sorry for sounding so dumb, but I've always wondered exactly how and when a bail bondsman earns his money assuming the accused person doesn't take off and jump bail.

Yeah just got off the phone with the bail bonds person. The bondsmen requires a fee of 10-15 percent that is non-refundable. That is the bondsmen fee. The bondsmen then puts up the entire sum of the money. Once you arrive for your court date the bondsmen gets the money back and keeps the 10 percent you paid as their fee. If the person doesn't show the bondsmen is out the entire sum unless of course they "bring the person in". At that point they can either go after the person themselves or obtain a bounty hunter who then gets a percentage of the 10 percent paid to the bondsmen for a recovery. Thought that's how it worked but wasn't sure off the top of my head.

edit: Getting the bond back is dependent on you showing for your court appearance, not whether you are proven guilty or innocent. Hence if you appear the money is given back to the bondsman (who keeps your 10 percent) or you if you paid your own bond. Regardless of the outcome of your verdict.

I could be wrong but I believe LP said the 50k he put up would be gone. meaning he wouldn't be getting it back. Also the bondsman has to make money so I am sure there is a fee as well for their services which could be the 10 percent. I guess I could ask our local bondswoman here as I'm not entirely sure but I think the 10 percent you pay is gone.

Yes, I think that's the case, too.

Business losses happen, in that field.

But, it's often because the case has rabbited, IIRC. Then, comes Uncle Len to go after said runner.

That is why I'm still curious to know why and who asked the P's to consider getting involved in the case in the first place. Do we know? Did TP answer my question and I missed it? What was their motivation beyond finding an alive Caylee assuming at the time that LE did jump the gun by arresting KC early on? LP thought he could uncover the threat KC felt she was under but he could not (because there was no threat). These are LP's claims but what else? Why did they come to Orlawndo in the first place? Did JB ask them to come bail KC out therefore the defense does feel the P's are part of the defense team? Is that the confusion here?

The baby was missing. A bounty hunter who thought he could find her. He offered. The As accepted.

LP wasn't security. He was about finding the baby.

TP is a bail bondsman. The As couldn't afford bond.

I believe that it was LP who covered it, thinking that he could find the baby and the REAL kidnapper.

None of these jobs overlap. Simple.

I think it was the other way around IIRC.No one asked LP to come,he offered.He put together his team and came.Negotiations went on as to what his involvement would be,then,according to TP,JB changed the rules after KC got out.I believe him.
TP said he wanted to pull the bond as soon as JB changed the plan,but the rest of the team wanted to stay put.

Maybe LP pulled a Brett Farve, in that, he changed sides but he had no choice given what he knows now.

Sorry folks, I know it's early, but football is on my mind because da Bears are looking good - (sorry JBean). :woohoo:

There are very few references, by the players in this case, to KC being the evil, sociopathic, freak show that we may see. Some of the references were AH, saying KC would have mood swings, AD saying KC yelled at CA, and LA telling TL that KC was a liar from her middle school years on. Nearly everyone else that knew her on a "superficial" level, including Lt. TU, found KC to be mild mannered.
I am sure she was very polite to TP, how else would she behave? Did we expect her to threaten to eat his young?
We spend a lot of time here trying to figure out how/where/why KC did this, because we have established that KC did this crime (most of us). Maybe it was a little disappointing that TP did not write in that vein, but I would not want to force him to, if those are not his thoughts. NOT that anyone here was forcing anything out of him, just sayin....

I don't think they are one bit naive or gullible. Like I stated above, I believe they inserted themselves into a high-profile case for publicity. They knew exactly what they were getting themselves into and what it would involve.

I'm sure that the publicity was a strong motivator.

But, to conclude that it was the ONLY motivator, one has to assume that LP was never really interested in finding Caylee.

Based on the evidence that was available at that time.. I think LP was quite sincerely convinced that he could succeed.

At that time, many of our OWN members believed that Caylee was kidnapped.

Maybe LP pulled a Brett Farve, in that, he changed sides but he had no choice given what he knows now.

Sorry folks, I know it's early, but football is on my mind because da Bears are looking good - (sorry JBean). :woohoo:

Gonna smack you, WBG! :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Actually, my brother in Chicago would agree! :blowkiss:

The baby was missing. A bounty hunter who thought he could find her. He offered. The As accepted.

TP is a bail bondsman.

Who is paying TP's 10 percent fee for posting the bond - that is what I'm trying to get an answer to.

Gonna smack you, WBG! :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Actually, my brother in Chicago would agree! :blowkiss:

Oh you're out there too - I hope we get to rock this year - we need something here to hang our hats on! :blowkiss: back at ya.

ITA and would add, his 'skills' lie in the area of torturing logic, obfuscation, distraction, chaos, drama, contorting and distorting reality at any given moment. He's a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda guy and I would venture a guess that that is the way he conducts his entire life.

It also makes him not very creative or much of a visionary; in other words, he doesn't think, foresee or care about the logical consequences because he'll just keep spinning when he gets called out on something. Basically his MO is to try to weasel his way in and out of everything using a scattershot approach. You don't need to think linearly to try to create chaos in the moment, every moment. He doesn't think like a lawyer; he thinks like a weasel who happens to be a lawyer. IMO.

Is the Bar limited to *advertiser censored* sapiens? :eek:

TP is a bail bondsman.

Agreed. And the fact that GA might be too stupid to understand this or that he might be "crafty" enough to convince others of his "convictions" changes nothing (nada) about the FACTS. I am decidedly leaning toward the stoopid assumption at this point myself...I am also, given his propensity to lie for reasons he cannot comprehend, starting to believe that he DID NOT see KC and Caylee on the 16th.

MOO

I think it was the other way around IIRC.No one asked LP to come,he offered.He put together his team and came.Negotiations went on as to what his involvement would be,then,according to TP,JB changed the rules after KC got out.I believe him.
TP said he wanted to pull the bond as soon as JB changed the plan,but the rest of the team wanted to stay put.

I know but I've never been clear about this. I asked TP but he didn't answer. It could have been missed as there was so much going on.

C'mon! You kinda gotta love JB JUST for the entertainment value!

Ugh! Johnny Cochran was quite entertaining himself, with his rhyme time! But I don't think it took Mr. Cochran 8 years to pass the bar, and only passing it three years before the trial of his career, like JB!

If justice for Caylee were not on the line, I would suggest JB for Last Comic Standing, 'cause he does make me chuckle!

TP is a bail bondsman. The As couldn't afford bond.

I believe that it was LP who covered it, thinking that he could find the baby and the REAL kidnapper.

BBM
What is the word when it's all in the family? You know fraternization or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member