NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to have legal custody, to make the decision, to make a phone call, to inform the father, of what happened regarding the conversation between AD and the aunt regarding Shaniya.

Do we know that she DIDN'T call the father to inform him? He was working out of town. Maybe he planned to wait till he got back in town to try and get to the bottom of the problem with AD.

Well if that is the case we might as well all just give up..."nothing we can do"....hello...drop a dime....call the cops, social workers....the drug squad...
call Antoinettes sorry job and demand that she be drug tested

call social services....call code enforcement ....call Nancy Grace

why not go to the media before all this occurred?? Maybe this will be a good lesson to other people to not sit back and expect the best from horrible people

I know this line of conversation understandably offends many here, but I agree with you. :eek: It probably makes us appear insensitive to grieving parents, but this appears to be a strong man.

Making excuses for sending any child into any environment that a parent has not determined to be safe feels good and kind right now, but that message is not what parents out there need to hear, if our #1 priority is the increasing the safety of all children instead of decreasing the pain of one parent. :eek:

JMO, :twocents: FWIW

eta: If this father can help send that message loud and clear, it would help him to heal, I think.

In this case, though, I would have gone over to Momster's house and gotten the little girl back -- as I would imagine that Momster would probably not gone to the authorities to fight it. But, that is in hindsight. I do not imagine the Aunt or the Father knew what was really going on. Sad... so very sad.

Snipped...

I was thinking about that, too. But ya know it's probably a good thing he didn't show up over there. With what was probably happening to that little girl, he probably would have been hurt or killed in order to protect that secret.

I am a stepmother to a 13 year old girl whose Mom probably has Borderline Personality Disorder. In my case, the mother has full custody of the child.

Over the years, I have had to watch my husband in his interactions with his ex-wife, and it has been heartbreaking. There were a number of times when I begged my husband to report her emotionally, verbally and sometime physically abusive behavior to the authorities and to try to get custody of his daughter but he never would-- he would not go against the mother.

Sometimes these men who get themselves involved with women like my husband's ex or like (God forbid) Momster, they just cannot imagine that the mother of their children can really be that bad. It's like they want their kids to have this "perfect mother" so badly that they make seemingly irrational decisions regarding the care of their kids. IMO the Aunt was probably helpless in such a situation -- just as I was as a stepmother to a girls whose mother was destroying her spirit, day after day.

In this case, though, I would have gone over to Momster's house and gotten the little girl back -- as I would imagine that Momster would probably not gone to the authorities to fight it. But, that is in hindsight. I do not imagine the Aunt or the Father knew what was really going on. Sad... so very sad.

Legally, she was helpless unfortunately. I have been there myself with my step children whom I was blessed with by the grace of god and an egg donor..13 years ago, I made it a point, that if Dad (my husband) wouldn't fight..I would go to my grave doing it.. The legal system holds so many people back from doing what is right for the sake of a child. There is no doubt in my mind that if I would not have said "you and what army is going to take my boys?", they wouldn't be breathing the same air as I right now..I made it clear I would go to jail, I would take a bullet, I would take whatever anyone threw at me, but the woman who put herself above these children would never take them away again..
WE Won by the way...persistence really does work, especially when you have the love of a child, and the fear for their safety.

Yeah, it just says, three children:

B, 20;
C, 17; and
C, 13

I have no idea what happened with the fourth. It also says his children "have mostly stayed with their grandparents" since their mother died.

Someone here posted a link to the original obituary yesterday, his wife had 4 children, 3 carried BL's last name, one carried her maiden. It seems she had a child by another man before marrying BL.

Red - Songline
Unless the buyer rejected Shaniya once he saw her, for some reason, and MAM had no choice but to leave w/ her....and knowing that she'd been reported kidnapped already, felt he had no choice but to dispose of her at that point....he was stuck w/ her because he sure couldn't bring her back home if he knew AD was planning on making that call to police. A 'rejection' possibility wasn't in the plan.
:waitasec:WHAT that child was stunning. and I am sure she was cleaned up, or it certainly would be easy to throw her in the bath tub first.
I do not think this is making sense. REJECT a BEAUTY?

Coe? Nope, not him for sure, as he was back at the trailer pacing around apparently more upset by Shaniya's disappearance than her own mother Maybe he was a better con man then mom, or less drugged up, I am not sure about him yet.:-(

Mommy2Sarah Thank you so much for trying to clear this up bu I still have the same puzzle in my head. but :waitasec:

ITA

Exactly the Aunt is breaking my heart her pain is like a loving mothers. I think she saw AD for what she really was. Also in the presser a reporter asked the dad about what his older daughter said about how he knew AD used drugs and he did not want to talk about it.

I noticed that too, Rae. I just can't shake the impression that she tried to talk him out of it, and he over-ruled her. :sheesh: If so, then it would sure explain what we're hearing and seeing in their words and emotions.
But who knows... it will be interesting to find out if she called him after AD told her she'd never see Shaniya again and how that conversation went.

It's so weird that we keep reading that he was going to let Shaniya "live with" her monster, but the aunt expected her back after the weekend...?

Do we know that she DIDN'T call the father to inform him? He was working out of town. Maybe he planned to wait till he got back in town to try and get to the bottom of the problem with AD.

We don't know if there was a phone call. I am only going by what was stated in the article and what the father said, which was nothing at all regarding this phone call.

I actually thought that Shaniya had never seen her mother based on how this information all came out, but that is not so, Shaniya was going there on a fairly regular basis.

After listening to Cheynne last night and what she leaked out about drugs, and everything surrounding this and then the articles, it all bothers me a lot.

I might be reading too much into things, but I sensed some uncomfortable dynamics might be going on between the daddy and the aunt and, perhaps, others.

The strongest was the impression that the aunt was not OK with the dad's decision to let Shaniya go there at all to begin with. She outright said she was very uncomfortable with it, didn't approve of the egg-donor, said she wasn't as forgiving as her brother, emphasized her special relationship and how it had been stolen, and kept repeating that parents shouldn't turn our backs on our children.

Where is the father's fiance? Is there one? Or was that a false report?

Didn't we hear of a fiance' in the background? Also, if Aunt Cary was the primary caregiver here, does the aunt live with the Dad, or is there 2 different households....I just get the feeling like someone else said,,,this is going to be a nasty affair when the light of day comes in with this poor child's demise..Of course I have my own theory as to why things were left for so long in poor little Shaniya's situation, but I will wait to see what comes out.

I wonder where this case would be if the hotel worker had not noticed her, and they never got the video?
At that time Coe was in jail for kidnapping. No one was talking. They may never have found her body. No one would've been looking in Sanford.
Their plan was working until that video surfaced.

ITA. Yup no was talking. To bad she wasn't found in time, darn it. LE racing over there searching for her at that Hotel and probably saw this murdered/kidnapper already had left. It makes me so angry. That clip of her being held in the evil mans arms will always stay in our minds. And the question of Why??? How can they do this. What can we do to stop this madness? It has to end.

I should have added ... 2 days of clothes and she was there for a MONTH!!!!

I only saw the Oct. 31 date in a news article. I wonder if it was a slip-up like someone on HLN referring to Shaniya as Shaniya Twain? I have only heard the dad and aunt give the Oct. 6 date; sounds like it was just for the weekend and then the mother stonewalled the aunt. JMOO

We don't know if there was a phone call. I am only going by what was stated in the article and what the father said, which was nothing at all regarding this phone call.

I actually thought that Shaniya had never seen her mother based on how this information all came out, but that is not so, Shaniya was going there on a fairly regular basis.

After listening to Cheynne last night and what she leaked out about drugs, and everything surrounding this and then the articles, it all bothers me a lot.

~BBM~

Agreed. Add to that:

Cheyenne states AD wasn't even supposed to have Shaniya.

At todays presser Dads states Cheyenne wasn't supposed to talk about AD and drugs. *It's all speculation.*

Didn't we hear of a fiance' in the background? Also, if Aunt Cary was the primary caregiver here, does the aunt live with the Dad, or is there 2 different households....I just get the feeling like someone else said,,,this is going to be a nasty affair when the light of day comes in with this poor child's demise..Of course I have my own theory as to why things were left for so long in poor little Shaniya's situation, but I will wait to see what comes out.

Yeah. Apparently that really was his fiance at the first presser.

I don't believe they were "helpless" legally...

how did they enroll her at school??? They had some sort of guardianship regarding the school...

why not have the school system go to the trailer??

why not be on the phone...park out in front of the trailer....send in the social workers,
call the drug squad...call Antoinettes job...call the parole officers of the 2 felons

get lic tags...

some action may have stopped the nasty little troop of perverted druggies

sitting back and expecting the best?? thanks but no thanks

such passive kindness is not what is needed when a child is endangered
why not go there...on any pretense...with clothes...toys....whatever...get in there and see her?? did anyone speak to her on the phone?? apparently the social workers had been involved before..involve them again

maybe some "action" would have stopped the worst plans of this horrible group of people...I am sorry I just don't buy it

I am sure that the family is hurting...but Shaynia is dead and she hurt much worse
and like it or not...it might have been preventable...or at least if they attempted to prevent it they could hold onto that fact

maybe it is a good lesson to others....spend a bit of that money that went on fairy princess outfits and professional photos to hire a professional lawyer....get your ducks in order

even the half sister knew that Shaynia's birth mother had a drug problem

the school thing really bothers me too....did they just "give up" and withdraw Shaynia from school....??? I can't believe they would give up on her so quickly and easily

I do not agree; there are lots of pregnant women out there prostituting themselves, and she is not even showing.

And I can not imagine a frightened child screaming at anyone at all.

If she was pimping her that too is a sale: she just kept on reselling her to different animals.

I do not know what did happen, but I do not see this mom stopping to prostitute herself, or that pimping is not selling.

Ditto here. AD was more vile than MAM since she was the birth mother.
MAM was a go between for a fee, he could even have killed her on AD's instructions
IMO , she hated Shaniya, and was insanely jealous of her.
There for a minute I thought that the biodad gave her Shaniya because she was an embarrassment to his family but than I saw a picture of his murdered wife.
I would not be surprised if the Lockhart family has supplied AD with money over the years in order to keep informal custody of Shaniya.

Yes I am hoping it's not the case. We'll have to wait and see.

OT- I was watching a show on the Science channel last night with my younger son and a statement was made by one of the TH's and it stuck in my mind (it is not connected with Shaniya) in that the TH said this: Every murder has a motive. It's just that sometimes we don't understand the motive.

This whole case is illogical to me. I find it very difficult to look at the pieces that we have seen so far and create a logical picture of what may have happened. At this point, it just defies any logic IMHO.
The obvious motive is that this child can talk and tell a story that will put someone/s behind bars.
Now she cant talk and 2 people are behind bars anyway.

And there is no logic just sickness and evil behind this senseless beautiful child's demise. :( :( :(

I guess the thing that bothers me is that AD said that they'd never see Shaniya again. I know everyone's different, but I'd be all "hells to the no!" and drive the relatively short distance. I used to live in that area; it's really not that far. Just on the pretense of delivering more clothes, some favorite toys, etc. This child, for all intents and purposes, was undergoing a change of custody, per her father. Surely she'd need things or ask for things. Surely they'd insist on bringing more stuff down, even if they had to make excuses. "I just wanted to help you out by bringing more clothes, toys, her favorite book..."

I'm so sorry if this sounds classist or elitist, but if I had a child that had been living in comfort and in this case relative luxury, I'd have a hard time leaving her there without more oversight. It's not the trailer thing. Lots of fine people live in trailers. But it was rundown and since it was a one-night stand, they couldn't have known what the people were like around there.

I'm not blaming the dad and aunt. Goodness knows they must be absolutely distraught and miserable. I just think we're missing something. Maybe AD had something to hold over his head. Maybe she made some scary threats that he didn't take seriously and now he can't bring himself to revisit it. I don't doubt his grief and his innocence, but there are two sides not meeting up here. The image of the doting father and aunt who lavished so much love on Shaniya, and the fact that she was left at a ramshackle, dirty trailer with only a couple days' of clothes and no one drove down there. Did AD request some space to make it worse? For you parents out there, would you be able to grant that space?

In answer to your question,,straight out NO,,,and I didn't. One time I was arrested in front of my boys because the father, didn't want me to see them...When the cops got there, they told me I would have to leave,,or they would have to arrest me...I told them to do whatever they had to do,,,but I was not leaving until I saw my sons.

I only saw the Oct. 31 date in a news article. I wonder if it was a slip-up like someone on HLN referring to Shaniya as Shaniya Twain? I have only heard the dad and aunt give the Oct. 6 date; sounds like it was just for the weekend and then the mother stonewalled the aunt. JMOO

IMO Oct 31 date makes sense because her Halloween outfit was somthing the Auny put together.........not momster!
It is a beautiful fairy? butterfly? SHANIYA looked so happy........photos on here somewhere............
we need a forum........this thread is a mess......please don't ask me to look for a link, I'll never find it now........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member