2009.10.09 Duct Tape Photos From Remains Released

Here is the Q63 image from AZ's post and the second one is the sticker from his second attachment overlaid on the Q63 duct tape and then faded out to just give its outline. No sizing has taken place on either object. This is just one overlayed on the other.

Not to turn this into a "seeing kitties" thread, but the image I saw was slightly lower and to the right of the one you outlined.

Then that "heart" impression is too large to match the missing one inch one IMO.

I think the heart outline I can see on the left side is the right size and shape to match the missing sticker from the sticker backing, given that the duct tape is 2 inches in width.

In many of the pics on the news sites, you can see the "Q" number written on the evidence bag. In others, you can see part of the number. In others, you just have to recognize the tape from the photos where the number is marked. I think the first post in this thread ID'd which photos were of which pieces of tape.

Yep, I read far enough into the document to find them. Thanks!

So I was seeing an entirely different kitty! LMAO

Documents say the sticker was about the size of a dime - the smallest of US currency.

IMO, the raised sticker found on the cardboard matting is about the right size.
Is there documentation of this heart that is shown on the duct tape? It appears to be something other than paper. There is a pair of Caylee's shoes (flip-flops) not shown into evidence that has a heart on the front toe that appears to be this size inside another heart shape. Where are the shoes and where is the documentation for this heart as pictured? Compared to the size of the tape, isn't this heart larger than a dime?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/zionist_2006/45125442HEART2.jpg?t=1255192090

So...to get us all started, here is a photo of the Q63 duct tape, and a photo of the empty sticker backer found inside the "Caylee" shoebox in Casey's closet, with a ruler to show its size. The duct tape is 2 inches wide.

I can see heart images on both ends of Q63. ;)

I see it on the left side quite clearly - could be a trick of the light or whatever - but I can definitely make out a "perfect" heart shape on the left side of the tape.

I don't see it on the right. I see what you guys are perhaps referring to, but it looks more like a crinkle/crease/wrinkle in the tape to me. Is what you're seeing on the right the same size as the one on the left?

I think the heart outline I can see on the left side is the right size and shape to match the missing sticker from the sticker backing, given that the duct tape is 2 inches in width.

Ok. As RR0004 states, the outline I seem to be seeing is too large to be the size of a dime. Going to go look more closely. However, just be cause that particular sticker is the size of a dime doesn't mean she couldn't have used a different size sticker.

As some OP'ers have already said, it is the most disturbing to date to see these items and the state of decay they're in. It really brings home the fact that poor little Caylee, that beautiful child, was tossed out as/with garbage all alone. Unthinkable. :furious:

Ok, I'll admit it, I looked at the pics of the tape before reading anyone's posts about them, and I saw - nothing.

I looked at them again as I read each post giving a different possible location and only on one did I see something that I could consider resembling a heart shape but I certainly wouldn't have described it as a perfect heart shape and would have described it more of an impression on the tape than as sticker residue. I see the outline that someone put on the pic but if I look at that area of the pic without the outline, I cannot see it.

But, hey, my eyes aren't what they used to be - so nevermind that I can't see it and am confused by the fact that different posters see it in different locations and on different pieces.

Maybe someone can help me understand how the residue could be showing in pics taken by the FBI when the FBI said they couldn't get it to show up? (I'm pretty sure that I saw an FBI tag on the photo so it appears they are the one that provided these photos.) Are we concluding that these were pics taken before the analyst said that and someone else at the FBI had already captured it? Are we concluding that someone else - perhaps a better photographer was consulted at the FBI & took them after the one wrote that it couldn't be captured but before it was destroyed by fingerprinting process?

Seems like what we're seeing is shadows caused by wrinkles/ripples in the tape. As it is also under plastic, it seems very unlikely that any heart outline would be discernible.

jmo

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html
This is going to sound horrible and sad at the same time...but in this link (looking at photo 10 of 18) is anyone seeing what appears to be a shape of a small nose/nostrils. It would be at the top...near center but closer to the left hand side. :(

JMO, and sad to say, that is what it looks like...also even when you expand the image 11/18 I think you can still see it...even better than the close up in 10/18.

:(

I don't see any of the above. But I have a feeling we will be playing "seeing kitties",because most posters saw an outline of a heart on the LEFT side of the tape. Seems to me I can see an outline of a heart on the RIGHT side on pg. 8 and 9 in the above link,just before the cut in the tape.:waitasec:

Is there documentation of this heart that is shown on the duct tape? It appears to be something other than paper. There is a pair of Caylee's shoes (flip-flops) not shown into evidence that has a heart on the front toe that appears to be this size inside another heart shape. Where are the shoes and where is the documentation for this heart as pictured? Compared to the size of the tape, isn't this heart larger than a dime?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/zionist_2006/45125442HEART2.jpg?t=1255192090

bolded by me

I agree that this appears to be something other than paper and I have been wondering about it as well as it appears more 3 dimensional to me than I had been picturing in my mind as a sticker.

I'm not familiar with the flip flops you refer to but my 1st thought when seeing the pic was that this was that it looked like some kind of plastic applique that you often see on kids clothing, shoes, purses, or other accessories. I even thought it looked like it might have been on that barrette in the other picture at one point and that perhaps the heat caused it to come off of it but still had enough stickiness to it to stick to the duct tape - that it might not have actually been "placed" on the duct tape but may have fallen there. But then again, the way everyone spoke of the heart sticker when that info first came out, I thought they were saying that it was similar to ones on a sheet of them found at the A's and thought that perhaps it was a sheet of 3 dimensional ones and maybe KC did intentionally put it on the duct tape - and MAYBE I was mistaken about the similarity in shape from the sheet at the A's home - and maybe it isn't 3 dimensional and just looks that way to me. There's been so much info about this case it wouldn't be the first time I've been confused.

I'll just be so glad when this all goes to trial and we can see the prosecution lay out their case and hear the experts testimony while the evidence is being presented instead of just putting things together from doc dumps spread out over months. Not that I haven't found amazingly insightful opinions from everyone here, but I find myself still having trouble putting together a "theory" of what actually happened to Caylee. My guess is that when it is presented in trial, I will find that the conclusions I drew on many things are less than accurate and that when the evidence is all put together it will make more of a complete picture for me. I'm sure I'll have questions that will never be answered because I still can't understand how any mother could do this to her child or how she could act normal to her friends afterwards, but I do hope the evidence will fit together for me better when I see the case presented.

Trying to outline heart shape

WOW! Thank you, Celtic, now I can see it!! I was beginning to think I was going blind looking for nose impressions and hearts on that tape. I totally appreciate all of you with such astute vision. I still feel extremely sad though to know this tape was on that precious baby's beautiful little face. RIP Caylee!

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html
This is going to sound horrible and sad at the same time...but in this link (looking at photo 10 of 18) is anyone seeing what appears to be a shape of a small nose/nostrils. It would be at the top...near center but closer to the left hand side. :(

JMO, and sad to say, that is what it looks like...also even when you expand the image 11/18 I think you can still see it...even better than the close up in 10/18.

:(

I see her little nose, LittleBitty and it makes me just sick! God Bless, Little Caylee. :angel:

...then I think we're seeing different things. What a surprise!

Ok, I'll admit it, I looked at the pics of the tape before reading anyone's posts about them, and I saw - nothing.

I looked at them again as I read each post giving a different possible location and only on one did I see something that I could consider resembling a heart shape but I certainly wouldn't have described it as a perfect heart shape and would have described it more of an impression on the tape than as sticker residue. I see the outline that someone put on the pic but if I look at that area of the pic without the outline, I cannot see it.

But, hey, my eyes aren't what they used to be - so nevermind that I can't see it and am confused by the fact that different posters see it in different locations and on different pieces.

Maybe someone can help me understand how the residue could be showing in pics taken by the FBI when the FBI said they couldn't get it to show up? (I'm pretty sure that I saw an FBI tag on the photo so it appears they are the one that provided these photos.) Are we concluding that these were pics taken before the analyst said that and someone else at the FBI had already captured it? Are we concluding that someone else - perhaps a better photographer was consulted at the FBI & took them after the one wrote that it couldn't be captured but before it was destroyed by fingerprinting process?
Perhaps the actual "residue" couldn't be photographed, but the impression could be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG View Post
Documents say the sticker was about the size of a dime - the smallest of US currency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhall
IMO, the raised sticker found on the cardboard matting is about the right size.
You are correct. That sticker is about the size of a dime, if not smaller.

We're both wrong, JWG. This is the bigger heart from that assortment package. Page 695 of 1405 in pdf (page 9717 of discovery)

heart is ".75" across".

So...to get us all started, here is a photo of the Q63 duct tape, and a photo of the empty sticker backer found inside the "Caylee" shoebox in Casey's closet, with a ruler to show its size. The duct tape is 2 inches wide.

The one on the left is obvious to me; the right side not so much. To those of you using laptops to view Q63, try tilting your screen back and forth to improve the picture. Really helped me on mine.

Just to be certain I'm seeing what you are, is the heart image on the right end tilted to the right with bottom point at about 7:00. Image on left is perfectly straight and neatly centered. Right?

Just to be certain I'm seeing what you are, is the heart image on the right end tilted to the right with bottom point at about 7:00. Image on left is perfectly straight and neatly centered. Right?

Yes. Thanks. I feel a little less crazy now.

but only a little.... ;)

I must say that I thought maybe I could see the heart, too, until I downloaded the pics from Muzikman. (http://www.filedropper.com/100909caseypicfolders) In there are the unretouched, unresized photos of the duct tape; it is well worth downloading the rest of the photos (mostly KC's party photos) to get the folder with these pictures!! Thanks MM!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back