Burke Ramsey, has no interest in once again answering questions

I am so not going to judge Burke on this. I can see how this can be spun as showing some guilt or indifference on his part but I can also see the other perspective; maybe the Burke perspective...the BPD targeted him, and his parents and failed his sister miserably. It's not Burke's fault that the BPD botched this investigation from minute 1. He has been asked questions and at a time when it was fresh. He may have a serious mistrust of the police - I know I do and I would in his case. And the smart thing to do is to have a lawyer - there's nothing cowardly about it - that's Lin's job and he is very good at it. Burke probably believes they are going to go down the same old path and try to implicate his parents again - or him for that matter. His entire life has been lived in the shadow of his sister's death and the umbrella of suspicion. Maybe he's just let go, had enough, believes JonBenet is at peace and with his mother and just wants to live a normal life. I can see that.

Not everybody handles things head on (I do, but Bless the hearts of the people God has put into my life to teach me that what I do and what I think should be done is not going to change how others deal with difficult situations).

I honestly don't think that HE believes the police want justice for his sister; I think HE believes they want a Ramsey to be arrested and tried. If I had that belief I'd tell them to go pound sand too...or rather I would have my attorney or family attorney speak on my behalf. That doesn't make my way right either, but I can see that perspective.

The problem with this case is that practically everything, if you are going to be very honest, can go either way depending upon your notions of who you think killed JonBenet. It's really why it is so frustrating for everyone.

I can see the RDIs being furious with Burke because of their notions. But I bet no RDIs can see the other side or even try.

Heyya ziggy.

Not such a fishbowl existence for the witnesses this time round.
They would be aware of what reinterviews might lead to.
I wonder if anyone had been more forthcoming, or if the best strategy is a foggy memory. How many have not taken up BPD invitation to review?
All the children asssociate with the Ramsey inner circle are now adults.

ST, SG, and LS with their cryptic messages about the potential, where the case might go. ???

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/15/jonbenet.ramsey.investigation/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Supporters of the family call it harassment. The brother, Burke Ramsey, has no interest in once again answering questions he has answered for many investigators many times, said the attorney, Lin Wood, of Atlanta, Georgia.

And yet the mere hint of activity in one of the nation's most famous cold cases has headlines swirling.

ty madeleine.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/15/jonbenet.ramsey.investigation/index.html

AC video very informative.
ah, sometimes the 'unbiasedness' and endless clues can be frustrating,

If you remember...John Ramsey said that Burke would probably talk when he's around 40 years old...that way both John and Patsy would be long gone.

Burke was an odd egg. After spending hours talking to a child psychologist/investigator, he told Patsy that "that was the most boring thing I had to do in my life!".

The kid is 23 and still in college???

Burke’s To-Do list:
Lawyer up. Done.
Be uncooperative and evasive with police. Done.

Speak to media before speaking to police.
Grudgingly give an interview to police after public pressure mounts.
Buy a polgrapher, or two, and pass a lie detector test, eventually.
Pledge to devote rest of life to finding the real killer(s)
Complain about police persecution in a self-serving book.

A. The investigators were retained by our
8 attorneys, and they stated to me that the
9 principal purpose of those investigators was to
10 prepare a defense in the case that the police
11 might bring a charge against me.12 I hoped that they would also follow
13 up on leads that came to us, but I was
14 frequently reminded by our attorneys that their
15 principal role was to prepare a defense should
16 that be necessary.

John Ramsey

If 2+2 isn't 4....................................

HA! I remember that! I about fell on the floor! Lawyers do, what you PAY THEM TO DO!

And honestly, how hard is it to APPEAR cooperative & like he gives a rats behind about justice for JonBenet? All he had to do was pick up the phone, schedule an interview and say, gee guys...that was a long time ago, I don't remember much...... but I'd love to try and help in any way I can............Interview time, hmmmm I don't recall, repeat, repeat etc...

Sorry to say this, but I always knew he'd never talk to police. LW would see to it, even of her were willing. Despite his age at the time, he had to have seen or heard something. He admitted to being awake and hearing "loud voices".

He is doing what his family has done for years. Stonewalling.

A chip off the old block.

Yep, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. He doesn't care about justice for his sister, either. Or else, he would agree to be interviewed. Heck,if I were him, I would let someone hypnotize me, if it would help them find my sister's killer. He doesn't care. He has moved on with his pathetic life...while JB lies in a grave, not being able to move on with hers. Pretty selfish, if you ask me.

Yep, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. He doesn't care about justice for his sister, either. Or else, he would agree to be interviewed. Heck,if I were him, I would let someone hypnotize me, if it would help them find my sister's killer. He doesn't care. He has moved on with his pathetic life...while JB lies in a grave, not being able to move on with hers. Pretty selfish, if you ask me.
Yeah, it sounds like he cares more about his inheritance than he does justice...no towing the family line...no bucks when daddy kicks.

No guessing where he learned that trait!

Yeah, it sounds like he cares more about his inheritance than he does justice...no towing the family line...no bucks when daddy kicks.

He would be a fool to bite the hand that feeds him....and paid for his college.

And honestly, how hard is it to APPEAR cooperative & like he gives a rats behind about justice for JonBenet? All he had to do was pick up the phone, schedule an interview and say, gee guys...that was a long time ago, I don't remember much...... but I'd love to try and help in any way I can............Interview time, hmmmm I don't recall, repeat, repeat etc...
ITA, when you care so little that you can’t even be bothered to fake it for the sake of appearances, it speaks volumes.

I'm sure he has been "coached" since the age of 9 to avoid the subject. JR made sure he had a lawyer and as usual .....unless forced by law no further cooperation from the R's will be coming.

In an RDI scenario a 9 year old would have to block any memories that would endanger his own life. Since he was 9 the fear would be very deep seated in his psyche. Even the fact that he is now an adult and probably doesn't live at home anymore would not make him feel "safe". Safe enough to remember.

it's not his fault that someone murdered his sister when he was a little kid & he has lived under the shadow of suspicion since then

I'll admit I had hoped he would agree to be interviewed again but I can definately empathize with his decision not to if he believes that it will not only not help the case but do more harm

if he believes his family is innocent and has been unfairly targeted (which I'm sure he has been raised to believe), then I sure understand his mistrust of LE & the media

I don't find anything he has done or said to be odd or unusual or selfish or pathetic or all the other words that have been used about him - though admittedly I haven't analyzed his every movement either - but I don't understand the venom I see for him here - he was a 9 year-old little boy & a victim of circumstances

even if he was or is covering up for something - he probably doesn't understand it much more than he did at 9 if he hasn't blocked it from his consciousness

one thing that does bother me - his eyes in that photo seem cloudy & glazed - I hope he isn't abusing alcohol as a form of coping

it's not his fault that someone murdered his sister when he was a little kid & he has lived under the shadow of suspicion since then

I'll admit I had hoped he would agree to be interviewed again but I can definately empathize with his decision not to if he believes that it will not only not help the case but do more harm

if he believes his family is innocent and has been unfairly targeted (which I'm sure he has been raised to believe), then I sure understand his mistrust of LE & the media

I don't find anything he has done or said to be odd or unusual or selfish or pathetic or all the other words that have been used about him - though admittedly I haven't analyzed his every movement either - but I don't understand the venom I see for him here - he was a 9 year-old little boy & a victim of circumstances

even if he was or is covering up for something - he probably doesn't understand it much more than he did at 9 if he hasn't blocked it from his consciousness

one thing that does bother me - his eyes in that photo seem cloudy & glazed - I hope he isn't abusing alcohol as a form of coping

He is not 9 years old anymore. He is a grown man...has graduated from college...I find it odd that he doesn't want to be interviewed, if not merely for the fact that something may be shown to him...a picture perhaps...that may jar his memory. It is also strange that Patsy said that he NEVER even brought up JB, after her death. And they never brought her name up to him....like she never existed at all. Do you not find that weird??? The fact that he doesn't want to try and help find his sister's killer...is weird too...unless of course...he KNOWS who the killer is..and is covering up for them. Which would be my guess.

I even agreed with them somehow when they refused to be questionned back then and I also agreed with them that the BPD targeted them and only them and that wasn't fair(that was imo).I never blamed them for lawyering up day one.

But this time,what's their excuse?There's a new DA who I BET won't let the BPD do all those mistakes (leaks,bias) again.Most of those detectives are gone anyway,not in charge of this case anymore.Garnett can't afford to screw this up and let the cops act like they did back then and I bet L.Wood KNOWS it very well.But no,he is using what happened in the past,ah they hunted us down back then,it is happening again.

Madeleine, of all the regular posters on this forum, you are the one that I believe has been the most "neutral". I have never known you to accuse or blame the Ramseys and you have always listened to and provided evidence of a possible intruder. I know what you are feeling today as I felt it several years ago and it's the pits. You want so bad to believe in their innocence and the unbelievable thing is - they won't let you! Every opportunity they have to further the cause of justice, they deny it. I can't believe anyone gives them the benefit of a doubt anymore. MOO

Ah but I did blame and accuse them at first because I listened to my gut feeling.Then I was mad for how the BPD handled this case and didn't know what to believe anymore,are the R's telling the truth,let's find out.But I always thought,I need to go over both versions in order to get to the truth.And I always said that there are things that IMO point to IDI and stuff that points to RDI,but not enough evidence on neither side.

The pieces of the puzzle are there and many,I agree with Silverman but no matter how you try to arrange them they seem from the WRONG puzzle!!!

This is what makes me now start thinking that what John Douglas wrote in his article applies to this crime and we're dealing with a staging.And that's why Garnett will probably never be able to do what he said he needs to in order to file charges.....connect all the dots,RN,DNA,etc.It's not possible because some of it isn't real but was "created" to mislead.
By whom?Dunno,was it a R,was it both of them,was it an outsider who was called to help (foreign DNA).

I always agreed that the R's actions and behaviour isn't evidence.I disagree now....even experts call it behavioural EVIDENCE.And one thing's clear,the R's actions don't make sense.Period.No matter how you look at it and I DID look at it from every angle trying to understand why on earth two parents would act like this.

But BR's refusal to sit down and have coffee with the cops (what's he thinking,that they will torture him or something?they can't afford to screw up again) and the R's friends calling it harrassment......they just crossed the line as far as I am concerned.

Why is it that out of so many people I personally have on my suspect list (FW,Santa,CW,etc) the R's are always the only ones refusing to sit down and TALk with LE??

It's funny,I am mad because once again they just wanna forget about JB and move on.........but they did it from day one!Even BR said back then in his interview that he's ready to move on,sorry for not believing that these were actually his own words.....and the R's on CNN only 5 days after the murder.....we need to move on.....

WTH?!

He is not 9 years old anymore. He is a grown man...has graduated from college...I find it odd that he doesn't want to be interviewed, if not merely for the fact that something may be shown to him...a picture perhaps...that may jar his memory. It is also strange that Patsy said that he NEVER even brought up JB, after her death. And they never brought her name up to him....like she never existed at all. Do you not find that weird??? The fact that he doesn't want to try and help find his sister's killer...is weird too...unless of course...he KNOWS who the killer is..and is covering up for them. Which would be my guess.

This is exactly why I am so mad right now! Of COURSE he has nothing to say. The guy is weird and will never give up anything because it would imcriminate either himself or his parents.

The thing is, these people don't even have to worry about refusing to speak to LE. Try that sometime yourself (if you have the misfortune of being close to a crime that was committed). Believe me, it won't fly. Anybody else would have been arrested for that alone, a long time ago. It must be nice to live so far above us "common folk".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back