Who will make the most money? Includes various book discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the original question, I think Jose Baez will end up doing well....not so much from media events, etc. (I agree he'll be 'toxic' in no time in that regard), but rather from increases in legal case load. I think there will be many people charged with crimes that will be more than eager to have him represent them, and you can be sure his fee per hour rate has just increased many-fold! After all, he did manage to pull of an acquittal that most didn't expect. Whether it was fluke or not is another issue...but the fact remains, he DID "win".......and for that, I think his services will be sought by many more than would otherwise have been.

I don't know who will make the most money off this case.

I really don't have any problem with the DT making money.I don't care for Jose Baez's court room style. I think his passion for this case was totally self serving. However,someone had to defend Casey Anthony. I don't think Mr.Baezzz will be as successful as he thinks he will be.

I do have a problem with Casey,Cindy,George,and Lee making money off the case. In that order.I hope the public will continue to step up to the plate and make an effort to at least limit the amount of money they make.

The State Of Florida,as well as all other states,need to step up to the plate and put law into effect that strictly forbids Jurors to make money post trial. This case has opened the eyes of the public. Some things need fixing. IMO

Borrowing this post from the "Current News" thread;
New York Times Op-Ed

A Sordid Cast Around Casey Anthony
By FRANK BRUNI

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/opinion/sunday/10bruni.html?_r=2&ref=opinion

it's an interesting article but I nearly gagged when it gets to the part about ABC News. It seems ABC 'News' gave the juror who appeared an all expense paid vacation to Disney. THIS IS APPALLING.

Don't wish to skirt any rules here so I will merely say ABC will be notified of how I feel about this disgrace act.

I wonder what will be on this jurors mind walking among scores of little girls both the age Caylee would be now & the age she was when she was murdered. Will this juror still enjoy the profit earned of the murder of a child ?

Facebook has exploded with a ton of "Boycott Casey Anthony" pages. The word is spreading. I have joined a couple of those pages and also Simon and Schuster publishing who was rumored to be considering a book deal for Casey or maybe Cindy. I don't have a link to the source of that, but if you go to Simon and Schuster's FB page it is FULL of complaints and threats of a boycott against them.

Legit companies are going to very, very wary of doing a deal with any of the Anthony's.

Oh, and I think Tricia should make a book - using the info from this forum - I think nsome people in this forum worked just as hard as PT and the DT -
Tricia can donate the money from the book to charity.!

I too think that Tricia could write a book based on the information from this forum and all the doc dumps. It would be a great read.

Please consider this.

Thank you. I was just going to post the same thing. If we don't want them making money off Caylee, then we don't need to buy their books or watch any programs they appear on. It's really that simple. We have the power, people!!

Indeed we do..:thumb:

I thought this was funny & thought I'd pass it on.

A friend of mine told me that his family had planned a 2 week vacation in Clearwater later this year but after the Casey Anthony verdict had decided they wanted no part of Pinellas county.

He called the resort and the person he spoke with told him that everyone there was shocked by the verdict and that it did not represent the majority of thought in Clearwater nor in Pinellas county. He wasn't convinced.

After seeing on TV about the Skyline Chili boycott of the jurors, however, they changed their minds about canceling and rebooked their original reservation.

Good job Skyline!

I hope one day,the Honorable Judge Belvin Perry will consider writing a book. This is one book I would buy.

Will some news organization please do the right thing and publish any list of any interviews for money that they find out, book deals, photo for money and absolutly anything involving profit.. may they publish a list for all to see.. boycott anyone and anything to do with making a profit... shame on the news outlets that pay for or for that fact have any interview. We do not need to know ICA side or any of the Anthony's I think we are pretty clear what happened. A little girl was killed and thrown in a swamp !

We do have power.

What I have read on Twitter and Facebook confirms that.

Let's face it, so much of us put so much energy into following this case for three years and this past week we have been devastated while the devil does dance.

However, while we had no control over the testimony or the jury decision we do have consumer power.

Money talks and mine won't be speaking if it has to do with the Anthonys, the DT, or the jurors. I will also be letting anybody know such as Simon and Shuster how I feel about their endorsements.

So websleuthers, take to twitter, facebook, any outlet you can and let your opinion be known.

I thought this was funny & thought I'd pass it on.

A friend of mine told me that his family had planned a 2 week vacation in Clearwater later this year but after the Casey Anthony verdict had decided they wanted no part of Pinellas county.

He called the resort and the person he spoke with told him that everyone there was shocked by the verdict and that it did not represent the majority of thought in Clearwater nor in Pinellas county. He wasn't convinced.

After seeing on TV about the Skyline Chili boycott of the jurors, however, they changed their minds about canceling and rebooked their original reservation.

Good job Skyline!

Great story ! It's a beautiful thing when people speak with their wallets as well as their mouths.

Hadn't heard about Skyline Chili. I'll call that location to let them know they'll have new customers when we head down to Florida.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...ts-jurors-not-welcome-sign-at-skyline/1179343

Many people have already made a ton of money off the back of this case. How many commercials interrupted the trial on the TV stations? How much money were each of those legal experts paid to be on NG or Dr. Drew or whatever????? I guess it's been okay for all of them to make a ton of money from sensationalizing the death of a child and the trial. Whatever anyone else makes will be peanuts in comparison. MOO

I think KC will make a huge one time chunk of money for an exclusive interview with someone after she leaves jail. People mag. possible. She has alot of debt to pay, the best we can hope for is most of her proceeds get sucked up in what she owes. Maybe CA will write a book and make some money, it probably wont be huge but hey, these people dont work so they are probably happy for any of it. I agree with the posters about JB...he will make some money, get big cases, maybe write a book. I think its possible KC will get big bucks to sell her story for a TV movie or whatever. They will make money..I believe that.

Many people have already made a ton of money off the back of this case. How many commercials interrupted the trial on the TV stations? How much money were each of those legal experts paid to be on NG or Dr. Drew or whatever????? I guess it's been okay for all of them to make a ton of money from sensationalizing the death of a child and the trial. Whatever anyone else makes will be peanuts in comparison. MOO

Who did NG or Dr. Drew kill? Did they lie or any way support a killer? While I agree they have profited and maybe sensationalized the story to compare them to Casey or those who supported her is a HUGE stretch to say the least.

I think KC will make a huge one time chunk of money for an exclusive interview with someone after she leaves jail. People mag. possible. She has alot of debt to pay, the best we can hope for is most of her proceeds get sucked up in what she owes. Maybe CA will write a book and make some money, it probably wont be huge but hey, these people dont work so they are probably happy for any of it. I agree with the posters about JB...he will make some money, get big cases, maybe write a book. I think its possible KC will get big bucks to sell her story for a TV movie or whatever. They will make money..I believe that.

People magazine has already said they will NOT pay Casey. They clearly said they are fearful of a boycott.

And that is how we all got the first hand info from the trial. That and the sunshine law. If Vander Sloot is ever prosecuted I hope they all can do the same with his trial. How would you ever pick up a newspaper or watch 6 o'clock news and get enough information. The problem I think for most everyone is the lying the family did and it is all on the internet what is the reason to write a book. We can come online and read exactly what someone said verbatim and watch it.

People magazine has already said they will NOT pay Casey. They clearly said they are fearful of a boycott.

Congratulations People magazine.
Congratulations Jerry Springer.
Congratulations Skyline Chili

And congratulations to all the other venues who are fearful of a boycott. I too will boycott - not only the organization that is paying but, to the degree possible, all the advertisers associated (and I suspect I am far from alone).

Who did NG or Dr. Drew kill? Did they lie or any way support a killer?

Where in my post did I say that?

While I agree they have profited and maybe sensationalized the story to compare them to Casey or those who supported her is a HUGE stretch to say the least.

Again, where in my post did I compare them to Casey or those who supported her?

I didn't.

I merely pointed out a fact that media outlets have made a ton of money from this case and trial.

Congratulations People magazine.
Congratulations Jerry Springer.
Congratulations Skyline Chili

And congratulations to all the other venues who are fearful of a boycott. I too will boycott - not only the organization that is paying but, to the degree possible, all the advertisers associated (and I suspect I am far from alone).

While I can applaud People Magazine and Jerry Springer, I most certainly cannot applaud Skyline Chili.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member