IL IL - Lacey Gaines, 22, Justice, 7 Dec 2009

I think it was the ex boyfriend. He is abusive and she even tried to get a protection order on him and it's my understanding that she couldn't get one. It seems like the guy was nothing but trouble. Lacey broke up with him which you don't do to a control freaking abusive creep. Then she had the nerve to get another boyfriend. That is a real big no no to an abuser and control freak. Then bring the little boy into it. There is no way this creep could ever have gotten custody of the little boy. Sounds like he started proceedings and then didn't carry through.

I don't think he would have anyone else do this murder for him. Most killers like the victim to know it is him. Yes, he knew that Lacey was strong and that is why he grabbed her from the back instead of the front. He probably even let her know that she was going to die. I don't think he was worried about being seen and he wasn't seen...no one was. I'll be surprised if this murder was committed by anyone else but the ex.

I just wish Lacey hadn't gone home after she dropped her little boy off. She might have felt like my daughter did though....my daughter said "mom I can't hide forever. I have to work and live my life. I can't just hide out forever because I'm afraid of what he might do. She had a protection order! As we know they are worthless and having one wouldn't have helped Lacey.

I hope it won't be long until the creep in locked away and made someone's girlfriend in prison.

I think it was the ex boyfriend. He is abusive and she even tried to get a protection order on him and it's my understanding that she couldn't get one. It seems like the guy was nothing but trouble. Lacey broke up with him which you don't do to a control freaking abusive creep. Then she had the nerve to get another boyfriend. That is a real big no no to an abuser and control freak. Then bring the little boy into it. There is no way this creep could ever have gotten custody of the little boy. Sounds like he started proceedings and then didn't carry through.

I don't think he would have anyone else do this murder for him. Most killers like the victim to know it is him. Yes, he knew that Lacey was strong and that is why he grabbed her from the back instead of the front. He probably even let her know that she was going to die. I don't think he was worried about being seen and he wasn't seen...no one was. I'll be surprised if this murder was committed by anyone else but the ex.

I just wish Lacey hadn't gone home after she dropped her little boy off. She might have felt like my daughter did though....my daughter said "mom I can't hide forever. I have to work and live my life. I can't just hide out forever because I'm afraid of what he might do. She had a protection order! As we know they are worthless and having one wouldn't have helped Lacey.

I hope it won't be long until the creep in locked away and made someone's girlfriend in prison.

Lacey was a very smart girl. She asked me what to do and I told her to file police reports. Which she did. I told her to file for an OP and she did. She even went to the police to show them he admitted to having sex with her when she was under-aged and she asked if they could press charges against him for statutory rape. She took photos of him with her cell phone running away to show police he had been there. She took her text messages to the police and had a trap put on her phone.

But no one did anything. She was frustrated no one was doing anything. She didn't feel like anyone took her situation seriously. She couldn't get away from him.

I feel very badly I wasn't able to help her. I gave her hundreds of attorney's names, advocate names, shelter names.

She called almost all of them. The attorneys couldn't help her. The advocates tried to help her and so did the shelters. But still she couldn't escape. She was young and she was frustrated by the system. She was desperate.

I feel she was a victim of domestic violence of the worst kind - murder. I am not rushing to judgment. It looks like it was a non-stranger crime. Which means it was someone she knew.

Thank you all for all your kind words. This Christmas has been a difficult one. I greatly appreciate your help and your insights.

Any ideas you have - please don't hesitate to share them.

Here is a petition we have begun to ask for AMW to look at Lacey's case.

Please sign it:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/laceygainesmurder

THANK YOU!!

Does anyone know the criteria for submitting a case to AMW or any other show suggestions?

I would write to Oprah, Dr Phil, Greta and Nancy Grace! In fact if it is ok, let me know and I will write also!

Lacey was a very smart girl. She asked me what to do and I told her to file police reports. Which she did. I told her to file for an OP and she did. She even went to the police to show them he admitted to having sex with her when she was under-aged and she asked if they could press charges against him for statutory rape. She took photos of him with her cell phone running away to show police he had been there. She took her text messages to the police and had a trap put on her phone.

But no one did anything. She was frustrated no one was doing anything. She didn't feel like anyone took her situation seriously. She couldn't get away from him.

I feel very badly I wasn't able to help her. I gave her hundreds of attorney's names, advocate names, shelter names.

She called almost all of them. The attorneys couldn't help her. The advocates tried to help her and so did the shelters. But still she couldn't escape. She was young and she was frustrated by the system. She was desperate.

I feel she was a victim of domestic violence of the worst kind - murder. I am not rushing to judgment. It looks like it was a non-stranger crime. Which means it was someone she knew.

Thank you all for all your kind words. This Christmas has been a difficult one. I greatly appreciate your help and your insights.

Any ideas you have - please don't hesitate to share them.

Here is a petition we have begun to ask for AMW to look at Lacey's case.

Please sign it:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/laceygainesmurder

The best way to get America's Most Wanted to take your case is to go through the lead detective working Lacey's case. Our case was shown on AMW several times until he was caught 8 years later. Several of my friends faxed newspaper articles and letters to AMW to no avail. It took my asking our lead detective to contact AMW and him doing it to get them to film and air our case. I think they would rather talk to LE because they have questions about the case and they really have to know that it actually happened. I know they get thousands of requests a week but they do tend to pay attention to LE. I hope it works out for you.

My family and friends and I tried everything we could think of to keep my daughter safe. She went to a shelter for 30 days when she left him but they can only stay so long and then what? My daughter lived 7 mo's after she left him. I was terrified the whole time that he would kill her. LE won't do anything unless the abusive person does something to hurt the innocent person first. Of which happened in our case and they still did nothing even though he broke her nose, blacked her eye and gave her a concussion!!

I know that your life is a nightmare right now. I always said those first months were like walking through mud....thick mud. You do what you have to do especially if you have children...I had my little granddaughter...but it is so hard. There is so much that has to be taken care of to do with the estate of our loved one and then there is the service that we have to put together when we can barely think. I don't remember a lot about the first few months and there are a lot of blanks in the years following. I guess we are on automatic pilot. I learned pretty quickly to take care of myself or I would be no good to anyone. I also learned that I didn't have to be the strong one al of the time. That lesson took a while to sink in.

Anyway, I hope that the lead detective on Laci's case will contact AMW because that is about the only way they will take your case and film it. When they do show the case on tv they will have your lead detective right there to take calls if something sounds like a strong lead. Hope it works out.

Cha Cha! I am so sorry for your loss! This is just horrible. I hope you and your family are holding up okay....

My thoughts on this:

Could the perp have been in her apartment already? This would mean that he/she knew of the doctor's visit.

It was too planned out and with no defensive wounds sure seems like a blitz attack.. I could see someone lying in wait for her inside her apartment. I surly don't see her opening the door to the ex at all. If someone rang the doorbell and attacked her as she opened the door she would have defensive wounds. For some reason I just see the perp lying in wait for her...

I have a question... why did she ask her Grandmother to keep the baby? Why didn't she pick the baby up on her way back home from the doctor? Did she have to go to work later that day???

Are there any cameras around the apartment complex? Have all the neighbors been canvased for info... like did they see any strange cars there that day, etc?

OMG ChaCha I am so speechless I can't even think.
But I read every post, and IA that it was an inside job, someone she knew.
And when I am in this state, all I can do is Pray :praying:

I pray for the living - although something tells me they all need to move.
I pray for justice for Lacey Claire Gaines.

((((((((((( HUGGS FOR YOU CHA CHA ))))))))))) :beats:

Cha Cha! I am so sorry for your loss! This is just horrible. I hope you and your family are holding up okay....

My thoughts on this:

Could the perp have been in her apartment already? This would mean that he/she knew of the doctor's visit.

It was too planned out and with no defensive wounds sure seems like a blitz attack.. I could see someone lying in wait for her inside her apartment. I surly don't see her opening the door to the ex at all. If someone rang the doorbell and attacked her as she opened the door she would have defensive wounds. For some reason I just see the perp lying in wait for her...

I have a question... why did she ask her Grandmother to keep the baby? Why didn't she pick the baby up on her way back home from the doctor? Did she have to go to work later that day???

Are there any cameras around the apartment complex? Have all the neighbors been canvased for info... like did they see any strange cars there that day, etc?

I have asked all the same questions, police told me they are in the collecting information stage.

I've turned over all my old emails and text messages she sent me from her ex to her.

I agree about her being surprised or maybe even drugged to sleep. Lacey was a fighter she would give back to escape. The person who did this knew she would react that way so they did something to stop that from happening.

I heard a rumor she told her g'ma she was arguing with her current boyfriend and this is why she asked G'ma to take baby. I don't know what the argument was about or if it's a true statement. I know Lacey told me they use to argue about her ex and her new boyfriend was jealous at times. But I don't think he battered her. If he had there would have been old bruises.

I also heard a rumor that Lacey and her new boyfriend were married and she may have been pregnant. But there is nothing to substantiate that, that I know of.

I am hoping there maybe some DNA or blood spatters, or cell phone records somewhere.

Another brother went and looked at the Sunset Apts. He said they were kind of on the seedy side, doors not secured you can see the comments on the google site.

I also asked if there were any cameras on the traffic lights or anywhere.

My brother noticed the Crime Stoppers flyers were all in English and this was a heavily populated area of Latinos. I tried to call the hotline and it was full. I also emailed. My brother did say he would contact them through the police.

Thank you for all your thoughtful questions. I appreciate all your help very much.

From Lacey message on MySpace to a friend:

SO i am not always perfect and I have done some bad things in my short life here . But I am honestly tring to be better and to change becouse i relize that the way i was living was getting me no were.

When i meet (current boyfriend - I deleted name) honestly he saved my life ... He changed so many things about me but all things that needed to be changed and he helped me relize that I am worth more than what i give my self credit for ... I guess i am just stuck in a bad spot becouse .. The Pendejo (ex- boyfriend)I was with before doesnt want to let me go and doesnt want me to be happy ... So how do you Fix everything .. when Someone wont let go ...

Does anyone know how to look up past police beat's or past charges?

Lacey said the ex was suppose to have shot at his ex's new boyfriend back 5 yrs ago in Schaumburg, IL. It could have been reported as a weapons discharge or worse.

Lacey told me she thought he had fled Bond Forfeiture Warrant- arrest for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon by using an alias and just running. But I'm having a difficult time substantiating this.

I was told by a Lt in Hanover Park last spring it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack without his alias. Then just after Lacey's murder the LT called me and asked if I was the same woman who contacted him last spring. I said I was and he said that the ex had in fact shot at or shot someone in Shaumburg not Hanover Park 5 yrs ago. They are close by one another.

So I asked him if would give this info to Justice Det 's. Then I called Justice Det and they said they'd check on it. Now I hear from another source it wasn't same guy. How do they know? Or not know?

Does anyone know are OP's listed online? Are marriage records?

Email/storyline ideas sent to Oprah, Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace!

Email/storyline ideas sent to Oprah, Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace!

* You got me thinking SunnieRN - Thank YOU!!

A Sample Letter -

Dear Friend,

Six days after my beloved niece Lacey Gaines turned 20 she was brutally murdered in her home. She was found covered in blood with an electrical cord around her neck and a 4" gash across her throat.

She was a beautiful vibrant young woman. She spoke fluent spanish. Was raised among the corn fields of Grant Park, IL. She leaves a 2 yr old son.

She had been a batter woman and had tried to escape abuse. She came to me to help her because my daughter was on the front page of the Chicago Tribune and we successfully put the abuser behind bars.

I tried to help Lacey. I put her in touch with many advocates, attorneys and shelters. Susan Murphy-Milano author advocate was one person Lacey spoke to looking for help. But it wasn't enough. Dana Pretzer from ************* talks about Lacey.

The police have been pretty closed mouth about this. I turned over all my old emails and even text messages she had sent me showing the harassment. She had filed for an OP and had filed police reports, even having a trap put on her phone.

Since my daughter's ordeal I have become a sort of advocate also. I write for a blog for victim's of crime.

What I have feared for my child has become a reality for my brother and his family. The murderer walks free. He could strike again. I fear for my brothers family and Lacey's baby.

I want Justice for Lacey. Can you help to shed light on this crime?

Sincerely,

Cherry Simpson | Time's Up Blog Contributor | Lacey Blog

Absolutely fantastic!!!! I love the idea of the LE officer in charge calling AMW. Perhaps you could write a statement that he would sign/give permission for you to send with your emails. It may help someone take more notice!

Also, on the Anna Waters thread, they have been writing weekly to Oprah and I have been writing weekly to Dr. Phil. You should send yours weekly also Cha Cha!!

Does anyone know how to look up past police beat's or past charges?

Lacey said the ex was suppose to have shot at his ex's new boyfriend back 5 yrs ago in Schaumburg, IL. It could have been reported as a weapons discharge or worse.

Lacey told me she thought he had fled Bond Forfeiture Warrant- arrest for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon by using an alias and just running. But I'm having a difficult time substantiating this.

I was told by a Lt in Hanover Park last spring it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack without his alias. Then just after Lacey's murder the LT called me and asked if I was the same woman who contacted him last spring. I said I was and he said that the ex had in fact shot at or shot someone in Shaumburg not Hanover Park 5 yrs ago. They are close by one another.

So I asked him if would give this info to Justice Det 's. Then I called Justice Det and they said they'd check on it. Now I hear from another source it wasn't same guy. How do they know? Or not know?

Does anyone know are OP's listed online? Are marriage records?

You can find just about anything on line.

9877459-f2e.jpg

Will my friends here at websleuths help us find Lacey's killer?

My niece Lacey Claire Gaines just turned 20 on Dec 1 and was murdered on Dec 7, 2009.

There have been a few Facebook sites and a memorial site created. You may read all news so far at links on sites.
Story Link

http://www.my.opera.com/LaceyClaireGaines

We have a petition for Justice for Lacey at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/laceygainesmurder

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help...Lacey-Gainess.../2379838

http://laceygaines.yolasite.com/

http://peace4missing.ning.com/profiles/blogs/in-memory-of-lacey-gaines?xg_source=activity

May she RIP and I pray for justice.

ChaCha, I can’t imagine the pain you and your family are going through. Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of such a beautiful life as Lacey.

Justice for Lacey!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong