Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory

I found, but it wants me to download garboidvideosetup.exe and those executables make me nervous. Waiting to hear from my genius great nephew on how to handle this.

That documentary was amazing. I loved Jason's speech at the end.

Finally got to watch it!

Alot of it was retreading old ground for those of us who've followed the case, but I suppose they had to do that or it would have been completely incomprehensible for everyone else. Memorable bits - Mark Byers reading a letter from Damien with the snow all around his house, Terry Hobbs snickering and laughing when he's asked about beating his wife and shooting her brother, the assistant DA stumbling and stuttering in front of the Supreme Court judges, Todd Moore speaking about Michael with Dana crying quietly next to him.

Its definitely more like PL1 than PL2, (which is a good thing), but like PL1 it doesn't attempt to push any one conclusion about guilt onto the viewer.

I can't go to Nashville. Also, I just heard that the tickets there were sold out. Hopefully, it will come to a theater here. If not, I'll have to wait for the DVD and rely on all of you good folks to let me know about it.

I am very interested to see what he has to say. Also, Jacoby is in the clip and I am more than interested to hear him.

If anyone knows where I can see the clip of gitchell talking about the Bojangles evidece can you hook me up please? I know its on HBO On Demand but I don't get that in Canada. Its on the Black Board but its down as well. UGH

Here's the trailer for the Amy Berg film, West of Memphis...

West of Memphis, Official Trailer - YouTube

Is it my imagination, or does it look like Michael Carson has recanted?

nashville is, indeed, sold out and i'm bummed. would have loved to go, but i found out too late.

Just finished watching it. I thought it was very good. It struck me how utterly incredible it is that the filmmakers have been through it from the beginning and 18 years later they could not have written a more bizarre ending. I was so moved when Damien thanked Jason for basically saving him and I was really impressed with how much time Jason got on camera and his ability to speak and express himself. He's amazing.

The lawyer who argued in front of the Alabama Supreme Court was great; I remember watching it live streaming and pulling for him because the law was clearly on their side and feeling like I was watching a football game or something.

They went into the Hobbs thing further than I expected but it was done very well. I suppose everyone is nervous and awkward during depositions but TH made ME nervous and uncomfortable during his depos.

Many people worked for years and years and years to see justice done in this case 9which for me would have been a new trial), and it must have been an incredible moment for them when the 3 walked free. I know it was for me.

The very sad thing is that Stevie, Christopher and Michael did not get justice either. Those boys were murdered and 3 other boys and their families lost 18 years of their lives...for what?

I am glad that films like this exist to show the flaws in the system because the problems will never get addressed in the normal course of business and there is work to be done.

It's so good to see you posting on this thread Ziggy,I miss you !!!!
....and we actually agree on this case :)
I can't wait to see it ! ...I also found it on those torrent sites but I'm afraid to download because I'm not sure they're safe sites ?

Finally got to watch it!

Alot of it was retreading old ground for those of us who've followed the case, but I suppose they had to do that or it would have been completely incomprehensible for everyone else. Memorable bits - Mark Byers reading a letter from Damien with the snow all around his house, Terry Hobbs snickering and laughing when he's asked about beating his wife and shooting her brother, the assistant DA stumbling and stuttering in front of the Supreme Court judges, Todd Moore speaking about Michael with Dana crying quietly next to him.

Its definitely more like PL1 than PL2, (which is a good thing), but like PL1 it doesn't attempt to push any one conclusion about guilt onto the viewer.

Terry laughs quite a bit in the Pasdar depos too.What a piece of work he is.

I watched it this morning on Demand and was just flabbergasted. I agree with what others have stated that it is much more like the first PL. It was great to see all the archive news footage that I had not seen before from when the poor victims were first found to when the boys were convicted.

Does jessie ever make a statement that his confessions were lies? Why wouldn't someone ask him, on camera?

Does jessie ever make a statement that his confessions were lies?

Yes, he does.

Why wouldn't someone ask him, on camera?

If you've seen any of the PL documentaries you'll know that they don't ask anyone questions on camera. All you hear is the interviewees response, and Jessie's interviews are no different to anyone else's in that respect.

Yes, he does.

If you've seen any of the PL documentaries you'll know that they don't ask anyone questions on camera. All you hear is the interviewees response, and Jessie's interviews are no different to anyone else's in that respect.

But why doesn't he, even now, say it was lies?

He does, Angel. He says flat out it was lies in PL3, and that was in an interview when Jessie was obviously very much younger than he is today. He has said since that it was lies too, not to mention the slight detail that he pleaded not guilty, and the other little detail that he refused to testify against the other two. I'm not sure why you're under the impression that Jessie has never said it was lies.

Help me out here - what wording would you expect to hear off a false confessor in order to believe they were recanting their confession?

He does, Angel. He says flat out it was lies in PL3, and that was in an interview when Jessie was obviously very much younger than he is today. He has said since that it was lies too, not to mention the slight detail that he pleaded not guilty, and the other little detail that he refused to testify against the other two. I'm not sure why you're under the impression that Jessie has never said it was lies.

Help me out here - what wording would you expect to hear off a false confessor in order to believe they were recanting their confession?

I will watch it and see exactly what he says. Did he say it recently or before his other confessions?

He did an interview I believe around 1997 where he states that because he was asked the same questions over and over he just told him what they wanted to hear so he could go home.

I will watch it and see exactly what he says. Did he say it recently or before his other confessions?

Before, of course. Who cares? I would respectfully ask for an answer to my last question....

What wording would you expect to hear from a false confessor, before you would believe he had really recanted? Which other false confessions have you compared this one to, and on what grounds did you find Jessie's less convincing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back