IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the TOS, you'll have to play "Six Degrees" on your own.

But let's focus on JW for a moment since that's a given (?) and is OK to discuss.

Have the Spierers and the Ws met??? And if so, will they see each other this week?

I would pay $1K to be a fly on the wall for that meeting.

I don't understand this answer. Are you saying you know, but won't say? What part is not okay to discuss?

In any case, not sure the relevance since I doubt any of the POI's parents would know anything or believe their children had anything to do with Lauren's disappearance.

ETA: Apologies, I think I may have misunderstood a key point about the original post!

I should clarify that when I was referring to the word "friend", I too believe they were referring to LS. However, I felt that they were referring to her connection to the POIs, rather than just the student body as a whole. I gather this because of course she wasn't a "friend" to the entire student body, so for CS to interject that word specifically, it's clear (to me) that they were speaking to someone(s) in particular. It doesn't appear that anyone else here hears what I do in that video, and that's OK, but for me, there was even something in her face. It was like he was grasping to find the word that Lauren was to these kids. The reason I say I felt/heard sarcasm is b/c I got the feeling that CS was saying, "HEY, Lauren was YOUR friend. You were not a friend to her. You did something with her and come forward." Maybe I'm reading more into it but that's what my gut says.

I don't understand this answer. Are you saying you know, but won't say? What part is not okay to discuss?

In any case, not sure the relevance since I doubt any of the POI's parents would know anything or believe their children had anything to do with Lauren's disappearance.

Perhaps I need to clarify. I am coming at this from the angle of a parent.

My daughter is 25 and in grad school. She has both a long-term BF and a (female)roommate.

I know the parents of both on a peripheral level.

If my daughter went missing tomorrow you can bet your sweet patootie I'd be knocking on some doors and dialling up some cell-phones and asking questions.:rocker:

(I also get what you mean about the parents not knowing, or perhaps not wanting to know, about anything that their kids had to do with a crime.)

The more the frustration surrounding this case mounts and the longer it goes without any of LS's "friends"/POI's coming forward, the more it feels like the only person who really knows what happened is JR.

And JR, as far as anyone can discern, is doing anything and everything to distance himself from this case.

:sick:

ETA: Apologies, I think I may have misunderstood a key point about the original post!

Good point. As much as we might wish for the parents of the various POI to brow-beat their children into some sort of confession/cooperation, their parents likely view them ( as you note ) as innocents.

Good catch, scary thought!

I'm just looking through some of the pictures again, then started focusing on the road works - what type of road works were they doing? Was any sort of foundation work being done or cement being laid out?

Say if someone knew the builders would be doing some specific laying of foundation the next morning - could easily be decided to hide a body in the area marked out for foundation / cement and construction would just have started normally and go about their business. She was only reported missing that afternoon, so no reason for them to suspect their building site could have been used for something sinister. JMO

I thought she was trying to keep RS from saying something more inflammatory. ;)

For what it's worth, I think it's pretty likely that the Spierers have been coached by the FBI or police to say things in such a way that they will be most likely to provoke a response in people who may be on the fence about coming forward.

I think any of us in the position of having knowledge of what happened would psychologically distance ourselves from Lauren if we didn't intend to come forward. I can easily imagine her parents being counseled to work in each communication to make Lauren a real person; to emphasize the fact that she was a friend, a nice and fun person, and someone they liked.

The more the frustration surrounding this case mounts and the longer it goes without any of LS's "friends"/POI's coming forward, the more it feels like the only person who really knows what happened is JR.

And JR, as far as anyone can discern, is doing anything and everything to distance himself from this case.

:sick:

Well, I am not convinced about it. How about the POI who claims "memory loss"? To me it sounds that the "memory loss" was too convenient.

LS and JW met at summer camp, but which of the other POIs did she know since childhood?

As far as I know, the connection with most of these people is that they are Jewish. This means you might have higher odds in knowing friends of friends via "Jewish geography" and summer camps, for sure. but it doesn't mean much more than that. I doubt the Spierers would have known the parents of the key POI since they are from Michigan and Indiana.

Of the key POI only one is Michigan; none is from indiana. 2 NY, 1 Mass, 1 NJ. It's not unlikely that the spierer's know JR's parents since LS grandparents used to live down the road from them.

Say if someone knew the builders would be doing some specific laying of foundation the next morning - could easily be decided to hide a body in the area marked out for foundation / cement and construction would just have started normally and go about their business. She was only reported missing that afternoon, so no reason for them to suspect their building site could have been used for something sinister. JMO

I hear you. The amount of construction in the area during the time she disappeared has always freaked me out. That said, I believe LE checked at the construction sites after the fact. But if nothing looked "disturbed," construction workers might not have had anything to comment on.

A young woman named Carly Lewis disappeared in Traverse City, MI, in early June as well. Her body was found about two weeks later in a large pile of sand behind Public Works. (The suspect lead LE to the body after a polygraph.) I do wonder how long if would have taken to find CL otherwise.

OTOH, the search effort for LS was more extensive, I suspect.

I would not assume that at all about the parents unless you know them and are familiar with their relationships to their children. I wouldn't be surprised some of them wonder or even suspect their kid had something to do with. Take HT for example. Let's say she shared a piece of info with parent. Mom or dad says "oh honey it's terrible what has happened but I doubt that info will help any and it isn't worth taking the chance you might really get dragged into this and appear on the witness stand one day. It would be so stressful, dear." Blah, blah, blah. This is not a stretch. I have read comments by adults who have said as much only they couch it in different terms. Same bottom line though.

Memory Loss has never seemed that strange to me, but only because I know everyone was partying. It is possible that CR had "memory loss" every time he partied. So, maybe convenient or maybe just a sign that we are talking about a bunch of college kids who are in party hard mode. I think part of my opinion comes from the fact that there was genuinely a stretch of time in my own life when my friends and I would spend the next day trying to remember what we did the night before. It isn't that crazy to me that other college students may have similar experiences with partying.

I am not sure whether I believe the parents know or suspect or not. I have met some parents that could watch their child misbehave and then still be in denial of it or pretend it didn't happen because their innocent baby can do no wrong. Other parents are more realistic. I do hope if any of the parents suspect something they are really thinking about what choices they make in the next few months.

Of the key POI only one is Michigan; none is from indiana. 2 NY, 1 Mass, 1 NJ. It's not unlikely that the spierer's know JR's parents since LS grandparents used to live down the road from them.

I believe the article that claimed this said that Laurens *grandparents* and JR's grandparents at one time lived on the same street. Yes, possible that the parents know each other, but since we don't know the time frame and most people don't necessarily know everyone on their street, let alone the neighbours of their parents, I wouldn't take this as a given.

ZO is from Indiana.

I believe the article that claimed this said that Laurens *grandparents* and JR's grandparents at one time lived on the same street. Yes, possible that the parents know each other, but since we don't know the time frame and most people don't necessarily know everyone on their street, let alone the neighbours of their parents, I wouldn't take this as a given.

ZO is from Indiana.

Yes so is AB but since they are not named I don't consider them "key." I know gatto named them and we rec'd permission to discuss them but I consider them second tier.

Re: the grandparents; I said it was not unlikely they knew them.

Personally, I do not believe she is within any construction area (under concrete), unless she fell into an open area, and was covered up inadvertently. My reasons:

1. I think that whatever happened wasn't premeditated (unless it was tied to a DD, who may have wanted to shut up her comments which may have been stated at Kilroy's. Therefore, if not premeditated, I'd think they'd want to get her body as far away from campus as possible. To me this idea also rules out dumpster - IMO it's just too much of an obvious place to hide a body and (usually) has too much risk of being discovered.

2. While there was certainly construction ongoing, I think that most college kids are oblivious as to exactly what is going on. I simply don't believe most would be aware that a certain area was being prepped for concrete and most wouldn't even know what rebar is. Now, it's been said that one of the POI's may work in construction, so that could lead towards a different opinion.

3. Even if the kids were completely sure that a certain area was going to be covered up the next day, I think it still lends itself to too much risk. We're talking fairly open area in the street or sidewalk, right? If it's within a building site, then maybe. I understand that it was very early in the AM but still - someone could have seen them. It would have been pretty odd to observe a boy carrying a sleeping bag (or suitcase, garbage can or bag, etc.) into a construction site.

IMO Lauren is located in an area at least fairly familiar (if not very familiar) to one or more of the POIs. This could be as close as a nearby woods or lake, or as far away as MI (or somewhere along the way). Because I don't feel that this was premeditated, I think there was likely a LOT of fear involved. Therefore, I just don't think these boys would add to that fear by accepting more risk of possibly being seen. I think they'd wrap her up and get the heck outa there.

There is a very interesting post in another blog today, comparing the case of LS with the one of Natalee Halloway. Very interesting. Worth taking a look.

Not sure if this has been mentioned... but has anyone thought that these POIs (JR, CR, etc) storage units should be searched? My guess is, if they packed up and left Bloomington right after LS went missing, they would need to have packed up their apartment for the summer. Many of the out of town (NY, NJ, etc) crowd often get a storage unit up in Terre Haute or somewhere along those lines and stores their stuff that they will not need over summer (furniture, household items, etc).

Just a thought I had as I am about to return to school in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam