OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the police have learned far more than we have...

New teachers, aides, cafeteria workers or custodians etc. at school? Are all accounted for? Have all been contacted?
Teachers see anyone they didn't recognize at Science Fair?
Is Kyron learning disabled in anyway or does he have any physical/mental issue that would cause him to go into a daze and wander off?

Was there a custody battle about to hit and someone was enlisted to pick up Kyron?
Where does the birth mother live? What is her situation?

I would far rather this was a custody thing, I can't stand the thought of the little one hurt or with someone who would hurt him.

I agree, has every closet and cubbyhole in that school been checked.
Dumpster (oh gads)

Please God be with Kyron and bring him home safely.

I don't know why but I just think he is still in the school. I hope I am wrong and this is just a little misunderstanding about someone picking him up and taking him home to spend the night with a friend.

Anyone know if this childs' belongings were found in his classroom or not? Bookbag, lunch, jacket, etc?
I hope they worked the K9's from his classroom.

I can't judge this school too quickly. All three of my kids' schools have a policy of calling the parents when a child isn't there and all three have had an incident where I wasn't called.

1) high school - my son had been very sick for a few days, I had called the first 3 days and on the third mentioned that we were going to the doctor. On the 4th day we slept and I forgot, but no one called me b/c I had been speaking with the attendance secretary every day and she just figured he was still sick.

2) middle school - similar to this situation. End of school, crazy day with parents in and out, exams over and it was just the fun stuff like the talent show, etc. LOTS of middle schoolers not attending these days. He wasn't there and they didn't call b/c it was about half the middle school they would have had to call.

3) elementary - they normally call but my DD was sick and I forgot to call - same day they took a child by ambulance from the school. The nurse was dealing with that and never got around to her calls to the parents.

I can see how at the end of the year the routines are not as, well, routine. Yes, someone could take advantage of that, but it would have to be someone who knew the situation. In that case it is probably an "inside job" and a person who would also have many other opportunities just b/c of their knowledge of the school.

Let's find this baby and figure out what happened before we put the step-mom or the school nurse in jail!

Hard to believe 12 children to a teacher and noone can confirm he was in class.

Any construction projects at the school?
Who dismantles the science projects?

better picture of his science project.. looks like they set them up in the classroom..

The sun is just rising here, I'm praying he is found safe and warm!

science30862_1489639882012_12644146.jpg
[/IMG]

(same picture that is on news chan 8 except they cropped it)

Me too. What a cute little guy. I'm hoping he ran out to find a real life frog and got lost, but am not liking how long he's been missing.
Does anyone have any links to a conflict of any sort that occurred that morning (with other students, teacher, etc) that he may have encountered that upset him?

Local news just came on, showing people searching... High grass, areas with blackberry growth, and wooded areas need searched. Kyron is wearing the t-shirt in picture, cargo pants and tennis shoes.

Local news just came on, showing people searching... High grass, areas with blackberry growth, and wooded areas need searched. Kyron is wearing the t-shirt in picture, cargo pants and tennis shoes.

Seems likely then that he left his jacket, backpack, etc behind and went outside after leaving his stepmom, but before class began. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Glad to hear search teams are in high gear. Think like a 7 yr old, guys!

What an industrious little guy - his science project is awesome! I bet he was proud of himself.

Were the science projects dismantled? Did mom take his project home?

I think that the science fair was ongoing in each classroom?
Kyron seems like he likes science. Going from his picture of his smiling, happy face in front of his science project.

I think the time period he went missing is from 8:30am to 10:00am?
Maybe he went to other classrooms to look at other science fair exhibits.
I hope LE is talking to his classmates and other children.
Did he go out to play on the playground?
Are there 'forbidden' areas near the playground?
(I say this because my 7 yr old granddaughter likes to talk about the fact that they are not allowed near the 'swampy' area.) It just makes it more enticing to them.)

Who is his best friend? Who sits next to him at school?
What has his conversation been about?

Hoping Kyron is found soon!

Good morning y'all. I just read through and caught up on this case.

This is an odd one huh?

I can also see how the school would be overwhelmed with a day like yesterday. IMO anytime there are special programs or things parents can attend, you have a lot of parents that take the children home after the event. It's very hard for the school to keep up with it if the parents don't use the sign out sheet.

I just can't imagine where he could be. I noticed a few mentions on the thread that the mom lives out of the area and a few are thinking this may in fact be a custody thing. Has anybody found any info on the mom? I'm not blameing her but it would be great to find out she knew about the program and thought it would be a great oppurtunity to pick him up from the school without really being noticed. But then I see the report that says she is on her way to the area. Does anybody know how far away she lives?

I am praying this child is found safe soon.

Let's hope he's just a nature kid like Nadia and went exploring before class, got confused and lost like she did. Maybe he wanted to add something else to his project and wandered into the treed area trying to find it. Looks like a heavily wooded area and look how long it took to find Nadia. I want to push some positive energy out there that he will turn up today with nothing more than some bug bites.

I looked at the step mom's FaceBook page, I think I know who the mother is but I'm guessing she lives at least an hour or more away? You can tag people in photos, and on the pictures the step mom posted on her FB yesterday of Kyron at the science fair she tagged
someone, I assume his mother.

You can also look at the step moms Linkedin profile and her FB posts, and pictures even from around Christmas when she went in and taught Kyron's class how to make ornaments. She appears very involved with him.

It is very puzzling to even know how to feel other than I just hope he is found soon and safe!

Let's hope he's just a nature kid like Nadia and went exploring before class, got confused and lost like she did. Maybe he wanted to add something else to his project and wandered into the treed area trying to find it. Looks like a heavily wooded area and look how long it took to find Nadia. I want to push some positive energy out there that he will turn up today with nothing more than some bug bites.

When I first read this thread, my first thought was Nadia.

http://www.katu.com/news/95669809.html

comment section: poster kittysaunt:
This states
that she is good friends with missing boy. Says he has an older brother and a baby sister. She also says the children in class pointed out that Kyron was missing and the teacher never called the parents.

http://www.katu.com/news/95669809.html

comment section: poster kittysaunt:
This states
that she is good friends with missing boy. Says he has an older brother and a baby sister. She also says the children in class pointed out that Kyron was missing and the teacher never called the parents.

From that comment, I noticed the poster said Kyron had a lot of support at home and was well taken care of.

If that is his project he is standing in front of in that picture, I can tell you, someone in that home helped him out a great deal with it. Someone in that home put in a lot of time with him working on it. That tells me he is loved very much by his dad and step mom. Not to mention how happy he looks in that picture.

I'm leaning more to the theory that his stepmom brought him, walked around with him, he went to class and then something happened.

I don't want to blame the school, but IMO something happened in that school or he was allowed to walk out of that school alone or with someone who did not have the right to have him.

Like I said in an earlier post, I can see how the school would be overwhelmed on a day like yesterday, but who took him out of that school? Does the school have cameras?

I hope we hear more soon. I hope we hear he has been found safe.

Thanks to all the local for keeping us updated!! I just sit here and shake my head over and over.. a human does not just disappear into thin air. But why does it happen every single day?? I'm a mom to boys, these cases kill me. I have the hardest time trusting other people to look out for my kids well being as much as i do. Every day my son is at school I pray that he can guide himself and keep himself safe. The adults at schools all have to much on their plate on a normal day much less when there is extra activity going on. Where has this boy gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong