Was/is Shawn abusive toward Billie?

This might not be what you are looking for, but its interesting, particularly in the context of BD and her friends claiming that they didn't think Hailey ran away.

I don't know how to bring single posts over, but its post #281 from the first general thread:
01-02-2011, 10:22 PM
TGIRecovered

KTXS had no new info...video showed lots of teens with candles, briefly spoke with Hailey's mom, who appealed to Hailey to come home...she is not in trouble.
Reporter said that the consensus at the vigil was that Hailey did not run away.

BBM. And it was BD that said it, not SA. Although, he may have said it at some point. Maybe in the "I love Hailey with all my heart" video interview?

I remember thinking when I saw interview that how strange it was for her mother to say that. I wondered what else she, HD, could think she was in trouble for.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=353486

The mother of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn said she filed a no trespassing order against her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins.

Billie Dunn said investigators found disturbing messages about her in Adkins' cell phone Thursday. She didn't wish to go into detail, but described the content as "threatening."

Dunn said Adkins can't come on her property for a year under the order she filed Friday.

"He made threats against me. I don't think he sent them anywhere. They were just on the memo pad...I got scared and I didn't want him to be able to come over here at all anymore," she said.

I have thought many times that I wished there was a web cam on all of them. It makes you want to drive to that town and just watch them. I wonder what they are doing too.

Yes. Like the unbelievable "ANTHONY" cam...

That I think is the question of the day...it is like if she denies everything then she thinks she will be believed.............NOT. I have never seen anyone like her....deflection, deflection...if you want an answer from her you dang sure better ask her a direct question.........if not she will deflect.IMO.

ITA with you. I had only seen her on NG. When I saw the video of her when she was arrested or maybe it was after her release, she was a totally different person..IMO this woman is not naive about anything and I will believe the po story when I see it.

I thought of that today. I have next week off but hey, gas is too high,lol...but I would sure love to watch. We need another web cam here like we used to have on the A's,lol.
Those were the good ole days.

I had read that there was a webcam on the A's. How did that work?

I don't think that she's naive and she may well have exhibited "street smarts"/survival skills in her past but maybe something has happened to trigger complete confusion in her mind? May well just be drug use - don't know but she seems to believe that she's credible when all the while she has crossed over into the incredible!

JMO

Ohhhhhhhh I agree. There is a sense of unrealistic expectation that "her" truths should be believed. If we were bored we couldn't sit here all 200 or so of us and make this stuff up. SAD isn't it?

I don't know where else to post this so I will post here. (Mods please move if necessary.) I just can't help but wonder what these people are doing tonight. Where is SA? What is he thinking? Is he watching tv at his mother's or grandmother's house? Where is BD? Alone in her freshly painted living room? Staying over at her mother's? I mean - really - what do people involved in such hideous circumstances do with themselves? And what do the relatively innocent family members around them think and do?

So strange. This whole situation. I know that HD isn't home. I can't imagine what many are saying happened to her but I also have a lot of trouble thinking that she's run away somewhere...

We can keep this subject on topic by discussing it in terms of the protective Order. Now that she ,supposedly, has taken out this order, Shawn will not be able to 'hang out' on Chestnut Street anymore. She has said that he is her 'support.' I think she lost DD from her home because of that 'support.' And I bet she lost many loyal friends, like Cz, because of that 'support.' And she lost the help of many dedicated searchers as well. And now she is going to be pretty lonely.
She most likely has lost her job--the one she had for 7 or 8 years already. What kind of job will she be able to find that is as steady and consistent as that was?
Her mom and her little brother are standing by her. But it is going to be tough, imo. No kids at home with her, no job, no money coming in, not much community support left. Things are rough.

ITA with you. I had only seen her on NG. When I saw the video of her when she was arrested or maybe it was after her release, she was a totally different person..IMO this woman is not naive about anything.

I totally agree. I noticed it too. It was almost scary to me. I thought she appeared hard, and very detatched. But, I thought that was just me. She also looked worn out and as if she had been crying a lot. Made me think maybe she was close to breaking. jmo

I had read that there was a webcam on the A's. How did that work?

The news folks set it up right in front of their house. I did not get anything done for days..........dang it,lol

Interesting isn't it?

She also says she lied to authorities because she didn't want SA at her home but didn't know what to do when they arrived. (new article - link below)

So let's see...she hid SA from LE because she didn't know what else to do because she was afraid because he threatened her like he did back in February of 2010 which didn't scare her then but scares her now...in fact scares her so much that she lied to LE and hid him in her house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...believable...NOT!

*Ooops, I almost forgot that she was so scared that she hid him in her home and lied to LE instead of calling LE like she did when he threatened her life in February 2010 because they can say ugly things to each other at times.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=24344

Really??????? Does she really think this is believable?

The news folks set it up right in front of their house. I did not get anything done for days..........dang it,lol

I bet. I would be glued to it if they had one on bd or sa.

Maybe this is what she considers to be a PO.

??No trespassing?? For a threat to your life? So he can still hang out with her anywhere she goes, just not at her house. And she can hang out with him where ever he goes...except her house.

Billie, people arent really going to buy this one I am afraid.

The media set it up on the neighbor's lawn across the road. LOL. That was so funny to watch.

JMO

They might do that again if this case gets bigger. With the *advertiser censored* being prominient in this case. We can hope.

Me thinks she realized the press would find out on Monday that a RO was never filed so she is trying to create more damage control.

Dunn explained to CBS 7 that Adkins was at her home when Sheriff’s Deputies arrived and asked where he was. Deputies, working with the Texas Rangers had a search warrant relating to Shawn Adkins.

Dunn admits she lied and said she didn’t know where Shawn was at the time. She says moments later she invited investigators inside, at which time they quickly found Adkins.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=24344

How could he be in her house, yet Billie not know where he was?! This is beyond ridiculous.

And she wonders why no one believes a word that comes out of her mouth.

Does anyone else wonder where the money is coming from? I mean he has a phone with a note pad? I work 50 million hours a week. And I have a basic cell phone. Not a throw away I have a plan, but I don't text because I don't want to and the additional charges and I don't use it for internet....

this is the second phone that Shawn has had taken away. Shaking head come on these people are not bright! Something is missing in their thinking or not as the case may be.

Ya know I think I am doing something wrong earning a living the honest way.

He has a Blackberry Curve, right? I got that the same phone when I recently renewed our contract for free.

Me thinks she realized the press would find out on Monday that a RO was never filed so she is trying to create more damage control.

That's the only plausible explanation I can come up with too Kimster.

I'm left speechless once again...this is infuriating!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back