2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

Gonna go really far out on a limb here. *climbs into JB's mind*......If I'm not out in 5 minutes tell my wife I love her.

If I remember correctly Cindy removed the knife from the vehicle (possible chain of custody problems). Also Cindy's testimony is the only thing placing the knife in the car as wasn't it found by Cindy and not by LE? The defense is going to have all kinds of ammo to impeach Cindy. In fact I'm sure Cindy would do something just to get her testimony tossed. She's lied on the stand before.

*runs out and is a very pale shade of white* Agh I need a shower.
Here's some Lysol.

That was the 12/31/10 deadline that HHJP referred to at yesterday's hearing. Nothing like JB waiting until the last minute.

Okay, I've been a little out to lunch lately but.....does this mean all these newly filed motions have to be heard this week since JP is on vacation next week?!
Or am I confusing things here? :crazy:

Okay, I've been a little out to lunch lately but.....does this mean all these newly filed motions have to be heard this week since JP is on vacation next week?!

I do believe that's what it means. I think that's why HHJP asked about the Kronk motion again, that deadline appears to be set in stone.

..that's my question as well.

..in the 2nd amended order setting discovery, motion and hearing deadlines:

http://tinyurl.com/28ptmuj

September 2, 2010

6. Order as to all other Motions:

Non-forensic/scientific legal Motions requiring no testimony before the Court shall be filed and heard no later than December 31, 2010.

Yes, I see now that the Nov 30 deadline to have non forensic/scientific motions "filed" pertained to the discovery order as to law enforcement.

Signed Sept 2, 2010, here is the Second Amended Order ...setting deadlines

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...tion and Hearing Deadlines and Trial Date.pdf

According to this ammended order, November 30th was also the deadline to file motions related to forensic/scientific evidence ... so are these motions a couple weeks late of the date they needed to be filed by? The order also says that these motions are to be heard no later than Feb 28th ... so I'm thinking Jose was definitely late in filing these

Well, I can't understand how they can omit Casey's history of lying. Some of her charges are there because she LIED to the investigatiors!

Also, I can't imagine how there can be no testimony about Casey's lying. She made her life a total lie.

Imagine this:

LDB: What did Casey tell you about Caylee?

JG: She told me she was my child.

LDB: And what did you learn through the paternity test?

Baez: Objection!

Just for starters...

I do believe that's what it means. I think that's why HHJP asked about the Kronk motion again, that deadline appears to be set in stone.

From the amended schedule, the motion about Kronk was supposed to be filed by Nov 30th and heard by Dec 31st ... Jose had already filed it and it has been on the books since before Nov 30th but he had been asked several times about it and if it's ready to be heard ... of course, Jose's been stalling and has run out of time ... I'm hoping the Motion to Withdraw filed today is Jose withdrawing the Kronk motion ...

Regarding Testimony that the Defendant has a History of Lying and/or Stealing.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh my

Yes, aaaannnnnd wasn't that the reason LE first arrested her for giving false information to a police officer. I need an aspirin.

From the amended schedule, the motion about Kronk was supposed to be filed by Nov 30th and heard by Dec 31st ... Jose had already filed it and it has been on the books since before Nov 30th but he had been asked several times about it and if it's ready to be heard ... of course, Jose's been stalling and has run out of time ... I'm hoping the Motion to Withdraw filed today is Jose withdrawing the Kronk motion ...

The motion to withdraw was filed by Richard Cain's attorney, please see Today's News thread.

Casey Anthony Wants Possible Evidence Excluded
Motions Seek To Prevent Mention Of Knife, Shovel, Map And Sexual History

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26210142/detail.html

Attorneys for accused child-killer Casey Anthony filed six motions Tuesday seeking to prevent a jury from ever hearing about several items and alleged incidents uncovered by Orange County sheriff’s investigators.

The motions ask Judge Belvin Perry to order the state to respond and set a date to hear arguments on whether the information should be excluded from the trial.

Got all the motions, will get them scanned and up on the Motions sticky thread shortly - Some JUICY reading here. heh
MM :rocker:

I love how they're questioning the testimony of that Casey has a history of lying and stealing. Uh hello, she was CONVICTED FOR THEFT. How you going to get past that, Baez? Have you looked at your client lately? No history of lying? Yeah, that's not going to go well. I mean, even Judge Strickland is on record saying "Miss Anthony and the Truth are strangers". This is so a denied motion.

i'm sure the jury will figure she's a piece of work from her 'nanny story' omg hope this motion don't fly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back