17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are witnesses crossed examined at Grand Jury hearings?

I don't think so? I think it is just the State presenting evidence to show cause for charges to be filed? If I remember correctly, the "other Florida case" defense lawyers weren't present during the Grand Jury hearing?

There are 260+ condo units in the Retreat at Twin Lakes complex. It would be impossible for GZ to know every owner/renter / family / friends etc, imo.

It wouldn't be impossible I lived in a condo where the doorman knew everyone who lived there. If he didn't know you, you would get stopped and asked for I.D. There was about 400 unites there.

< mod snip >

The only thing I've heard is how that cried for days. But that was from either Oliver, Taafe or his brother. So you can take that for what it's worth.

Thanks!

Maybe it's the type of person I am, but if I killed an unarmed teen, I'd be apologizing my BUTT off. I'd be explaining like crazy how I THOUGHT he was after me, and how I wish I could take it all back. I would feel downright awful.

We were jus talking about the "groan" in the 911 tape. i feel like I hear and it was mentioned in one of the other 911 calls. Its in the middle of fight. If a guy is kneed in the private area I know that would cause a groan but would it leave any visible injuries that would be seen at autopsy?
Just some questions.

thanks for the response on the GJ question we had.

I was thinking the preventing unlawful act related to the self defense. I don't know how they classify those things though.

There wasn't any unlawful act, only the person who is claiming self defense told LE there was a suspicion of a crime but could not say what the crime would be. What he described was not a crime. Even look suspicious is not a crime. Preventing an unlawful act would be watching him trying to break into a car. jmo

When I listen to the tape it's as if Zimmerman is a narrator setting the scene.

...break-ins in neighborhood

...looks like he's up to no good

...or he's on drugs or something

...he looks black

...he was just staring

...he's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.

Reminder...

Clairfication on WS stance regarding the "victim friendly" issue.
I had a discussion with the owners about how we were to deal with this. This is what I was advised:

At this point in the investigation we don't KNOW exactly who ALL the victims are now. We KNOW that Trayvon is a victim, because he is dead. However, news breaks and new leaks come forth everyday and it is still unclear whether Zimmerman was a victim of any violence. Until more verifiable FACTS are available, WS has chosen to err on the side of treating both the confirmed (Trayvon) AND potential (Zimmerman) victim, both as victims.
Like I said, that may change after we have more verifiable information
Hope that helps clear this up.
Please bump as needed.

This includes Trayvon's family!

Ima

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman hires Casey Anthony TV analyst

George Zimmerman has hired attorney Hal Uhrig, stations reported tonight. The name will be familiar to people who followed the Casey Anthony coverage, because Uhrig offered analysis for Fox-owned WOFL-Channel 35

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...zimmerman-hires-casey-anthony-tv-analyst.html

I've never heard that name before? Who is he?

ETA: I followed that case from start to finish (it's not even finished yet) and I have never heard this name?

We were jus talking about the "groan" in the 911 tape. i feel like I hear and it was mentioned in one of the other 911 calls. Its in the middle of fight. If a guy is kneed in the private area I know that would cause a groan but would it leave any visible injuries that would be seen at autoposy?
Just some questions.

thanks for the response on the GJ question we had.

Bruises, maybe. Could be the groan was because TM saw the gun and tried to get away. jmo

If he used force that was disproportionate to the threat, that would be the statute he'd be charged under.

Still, not PREVENTING the beating by shooting him. Only intervening in it. It would probably help if we could look up the actual wording of the statute.

Thanks!

Maybe it's the type of person I am, but if I killed an unarmed teen, I'd be apologizing my BUTT off. I'd be explaining like crazy how I THOUGHT he was after me, and how I wish I could take it all back. I would feel downright awful.

I get upset after I kill ants! All they want is food and shelter, but I don't want them biting my cat! Now spiders, they can all die!!

I couldn't imagine killing another human being? Especially under these circumstances?

When I listen to the tape it's as if Zimmerman is a narrator setting the scene.

...break-ins in neighborhood

...looks like he's up to no good

...or he's on drugs or something

...he looks black

...he was just staring

...he's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.

Setting the scene to establish that he will be acting in self-defense.

I agree. Under our system, punitive damages in a civil suit may be the ONLY form of justice available to survivors when there is a wrongful death.

If they choose to sue, TM's family will be obeying the law. That's supposed to be a good thing. The alternative would be buying a gun and going after GZ themselves. Surely we can all agree THAT would be wrong.

BBM. This was the only option for me and my kids. Thank goodness I filed that suit and won. Several things I accomplished by filing that suit. I got the truth. If I did not file the lawsuit, I would never have known why my husband died. Because I filed the lawsuit changes were made and others will not die like my husband did. So anyone who thinks that lawsuits are a bad thing, only about the money, and reflect badly on the plaintiff are flat out wrong. They owe thanks to people who file lawsuits. Their cars are safer, their medicines are safer, houses are safer, etc. You hurt someone in the pocketbook and they pay attention to you and change the way they do things. That's why we have punitive damages. It is for punishment. They can be huge dollar amounts. The deeper the pockets the bigger the award. It sends a message that the bad behavior better stop and better not happen again.

It wouldn't be impossible I lived in a condo where the doorman knew everyone who lived there. If he didn't know you, you would get stopped and asked for I.D. There was about 400 unites there.

I'm sure you can see the difference between a doorman who sees every person coming and going and a "Neighborhood Watch" guy, who is just driving around.

I'm sure you can see the difference between a doorman who sees every person coming and going and a "Neighborhood Watch" guy, who is just driving around.

Also, that's, like, part of the doorman's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches