Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks RoseC. I am glad to read that Monica Caison with CUE is hopeful about this. It is almost too ironic that the attempted abduction occured right about where Britt was last seen. If only Britt's case can be solved so easily! I keep remembering what is always said about a perp returning to the scene of the crime. However, this OB area could just be familiar territory to the perp(s) if they live or work in the area.

I don't expect LE to give away any info about the attempted abduction and Britt's case even if they are linked. MOO but they'll downplay a connection if there is one so nobody (perps) gets spooked.

all JMO.

wm

Did Britranee have on jewelry when she went missing? Anything flashy to catch an eye-other than her good looks?

Did Britranee have on jewelry when she went missing? Anything flashy to catch an eye-other than her good looks?

charminglane, I am not sure about jewelry but Britt's cell phone is still missing. Sunglasses were found in S Santee area, IIRC, which matched the ones Britt was wearing. No LE verification that the sunglasses were indeed Britt's at this time of which I am aware.

wm

Im not sure after reading your post i went looked at photos that LE show of BD leaving/ from hotel but you cant tell if she had on jewlery,,,,

Well if that new news story that came out (atempt aduction from MB) not link then CUE that has BD family web site is sure posting on it at possible break in BD case here the link to Web site for drexel family that CUE group setup

http://www.helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/

I am still very hopeful about this "break." I've seen so many cases where LE indicates right up front that they don't believe there is a connection to another similar case. It's so encouraging that LE is looking into a link and that it hasn't been dismissed yet.

Again, how foolish of these men to act in the same exact location. I bet they were so arrogant that they got away with the first one they feel like they could do it again. I see flashes of John Garden/Amber/Chelsea. Luckily, the second attempted abduction didn't end quite like Chelsea's but perhaps it will lead them right back to who is responsible for the first crime.

It *COULD* be a blessing in disguise (considering she got away). I'm hesitant to say that since the outcome for her could have been so tragic as well, but perhaps something good could come of this.

I hope the police sketch artist can come up with sketches of the other suspects as well as this one. I wonder if they have pictures of any of the "3 POsI" and have shown their pics to this 20-year-old female. I also wonder how closely she would fit Brittanee's description as sometimes it seems these creeps zero in on a particular type of girl; i.e. ones that appear really young.

How discouraging!

Police: Drexel and Recent Attempted Abduction Not Connected
By: Scott Patterson

Police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said an attempted abduction on Wednesday does not appear to be connected to the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel.

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/to...and-recent-attempted-abduction-not-connected/

ETA: Hopefully they'll find some sort of link -- and some answers!

:praying:

How discouraging!

Police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said an attempted abduction on Wednesday does not appear to be connected to the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel.

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/to...and-recent-attempted-abduction-not-connected/

:praying:

well, at least they're not ruling it out completely, just saying it doesn't appear to be so...maybe as someone said earlier they don't want to spook people (tourists) about possible serial kidnappers/murderers so they're not willing to publicly state it's a possibility? still hoping it's a break...or they find perps who maybe could provide an indirect connection if pressed?

LLLindsayy, dont' put too much faith in this rochester news channel not that great of reporting, and I think they took a different source and just changed some of the wording around. [

QUOTE=LLLindsayy;5439962]How discouraging!

:praying:[/QUOTE]

I really really really want to believe this could end up being a break in Brittanee's case, but there are some things that seem a little off with this story. The one thing that glares out at me is the police stated in the police call notation that this girl said it happened "about 45 minutes ago". Why would someone wait 45 minutes to call the police when something this serious has happened to you. I would think someone; i.e. the girl or anyone in the vicinity would have called the police immediately. Yes she did state that no one helped her, so perhaps she did not have a cell phone and she had to wait until she got back to her hotel and her family made the call. Then almost immediately a "sketch" of one of the suspects was released and the media began distributing it. But yet the news reports would say "the victim is working with a police sketch artist to get a composite sketch of the suspects". So what is the one that was released? Is she working with police on a sketch of the driver and the other guy that tried to get her into the van? Also, how big of a person is this 20-year-old female. I just do not think she could have gotten away if these guys were totally determined to get her into that van. I am sorry to be skeptical of this, but like I said earlier, there have just been so many ups and downs since April 2009 and this story seems almost too detailed in my opinion. She had time to see that much detail on the van; i.e. down to a yellow sticker in a window, and yet could also give that description of the guy that is being sent out to the media? On one hand I am hoping that this girl really did not have to endure this but am glad if she did that she got away, and also, part of me hopes it did happen the way she said and the police can catch these guys and make a connection and find out where Brittanee is located now once and for all. Hope my theory of it possibly not really happening are wrong "sort of" but also don't want to think there are some guys out there that are gonna try this again.

Still lurking and reading :seeya:

I saw where LE is saying this probably isn't connected.

Meh.

I prefer to hear what the WS who have dedicated hours upon hours and weeks and months to well over a year to Brittnee.

What say you all? I trust your opinions more than any news source of LE. TIA!

Kat,

I have no idea :( I trust LE since they obviously have more info than we do. I'm betting that if the description of these guys in the blue van doesn't match their 3-4 POIs, then they will probably say that there isn't a connection (for now).

That doesn't rule out that this could be a crime ring/gang type thing, in which it certainly would be connected, but perhaps different perps.

I think it's so coincidental that this incident would occur in front of the exact hotel Brittanee disappeared from. My first instinct was that it was connected, but I just can't understand how the same guys would be so STUPID again. In the same spot!

I'm scratching my head on this one. I haven't really come to a strong opinion one way or the other yet.

I had found another news article that gave the 20-year-old female's actual name. So I "googled" her and felt this was interesting but do not understand what I am seeing. Maybe some of you know what it means. Here is a social networking site for this person, "RM"

http://www.myspace.com/111475890 It states "We the detectives of Myrtle Beach" have obtained this web site???? Any ideas on this one?

It IS strange. I don't think LE would let on if they had access to someone's myspace and were investigating it. OR maybe they do and they're sick of people calling them to find out if they do have access. My heart tells me that she or someone else just put that up there for whatever reason. Anyone else notice how pretty she was? Her light blue eyes reminded me of Britt's.

I am "old school" and not too savy with these social networking sites. It is really weird to me. Why would LE or detectives want anyone to know it was their web site? I would think they would be discrete about something like that. My first thought was maybe they put up a web site to see if the "perps" went on line looking for her. But of course that is rediculous as they are not going to respond to anything that has MB police or detectives all over it. I'm just really puzzled by this. People do some really strange things. I sure hope this girl is on the up and up. Brittanee needs a break and needs to go home.

I had found another news article that gave the 20-year-old female's actual name. So I "googled" her and felt this was interesting but do not understand what I am seeing. Maybe some of you know what it means. Here is a social networking site for this person, "RM"

http://www.myspace.com/111475890 It states "We the detectives of Myrtle Beach" have obtained this web site???? Any ideas on this one?

I would tend to thing the "detectives of myrtle beach" is somewhat tongue in cheek, or possibly even a not so veiled insult to LE...JMO...

Still lurking and reading :seeya:

I saw where LE is saying this probably isn't connected.

Meh.

I prefer to hear what the WS who have dedicated hours upon hours and weeks and months to well over a year to Brittnee.

What say you all? I trust your opinions more than any news source of LE. TIA!

LE knows exactly who the guys are that took Brittanee. They know them down to how they chew on their finger nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆