Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #5 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Glendale Star for putting Jhessye's name out there
icon14.gif

We're all here together, waiting ...

Police continue to state that Hunter is their main and only suspect to date in Jhessye’s disappearance.

and thanks to LE for letting us know you still intend to do whatever is needed to try and achieve justice for Jhessye.

We are tired of waiting but fully support you in your efforts to build a good case.

In my opinion, Jerice will deliver in a hospital. Babies of addicted moms have a lot of problems and are born addicted as well.

I have a question regarding her using while pregnant: If they knew or know she is using can't they arrest her for child endangerment and keep her until the baby is born to ensure the baby's health? Or would the baby die from withdrawal if she was in custody and couldn't use?

I have a question regarding her using while pregnant: If they knew or know she is using can't they arrest her for child endangerment and keep her until the baby is born to ensure the baby's health? Or would the baby die from withdrawal if she was in custody and couldn't use?

Bern, we do not know of any drug use beyond marijuana.

Maricopa County Dep. Attorney Rachel Mitchell asked a judge Tuesday to hold Hunter on $250,000 bond. Mitchell pointed to Hunter's past conviction in California on corporal punishment of her kids.

"She has recently tested positive for THC, which indicates drug use, marijuana specifically and also she has been made aware that she is the suspect in a homicide," said Mitchell.
http://www.kpho.com/story/16091840/pd-to-release-new-information-in-jhessye-shockley-case

I watched a fascinating report the other day about drug addicted mothers and their unborn and newborn children. With drug abuse being rampant, protocol for dealing with these issues are being established, even to the point that drug addicted babies are many time transferred to a special unit where the babies there are given the drug they are addicted to and slowly weaned off of them with can take weeks or months.

It was heartbreaking watching these tiny babies shake and become agitated and inconsolable without their meds. Pregnant mothers are not recommended to stop cold turkey while pregnant. They are given maintenance doses throughout the pregnancy and monitored.

Almost HALF of babies born at this Tennessee hospital are born with drugs in their systems. I really wonder how much this affects them long term and predisposes them to addiction problems later in life. It's just unbelievably sad!!!

ETA: found the link, here it is
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/half-n...awal-treatment/story?id=16755130#.UAmflPUnTQI

Saw a butterfly yesterday and of course thought of Jhessye. Still hoping she is found and her murderer brought to justice.

Bumping for Jhessye!

I hope Jerice is scared....like Jhessye was.

When will jerice be arrested? Bill Montgomery I remember your promise ...

I cannot stand to think about Jerice getting away with murdering Jhessye,and throwing her in a land fill.....not to mention the fact that she could keep having more babies to abuse.

Jerice IS still having babies. And mark my words, if she is allowed to so much as touch a hair on their heads, one of them will end up dead like sweet Jhessye.

That woman in evil incarnate and pure poison. :(

I am praying each day that Jhessye's older sibling will come forward with what they know and put their biological mother away for good. I pray Jhessye's siblings will gain confidence in their new lives and see that how children should be loved and cherished.

No news on this situation, but hate to see the thread halfway down page 2. Bumping it back to first page.

I'm wondering when jerice's due date is.

It was reported at the end of March that she was pregnant. Depending on how far along she was, she could be due soon. She should have given birth around November at the latest based upon calculation that she was only a few weeks along when she announced her pregnancy.

I hope the police are watching her and that her child will be removed from her care when she gives birth. I really wish she was in police custody so that this child would not be born addicted to whatever drugs she is probably doing.

St. John contended that prosecuting Hunter on murder charges without Jhessye’s body would be difficult, but not impossible.

“With what we have now, am I confident that we would be able to bring someone to justice? My answer would be yes,” he said.

Silent Witness is still offering a $25,000 reward for any details about Jhessye’s disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call 480-WITNESS.

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/article_4d657dc6-d05f-11e1-b344-0019bb2963f4.html

No new news :( Assistant Police Chief Rick St. John, please, I know you have other cases but please, do not forget our girl. I took you to heart when you said LE still has every intention of pursuing justice for Jhessye. Don't let us down sir.

:bump: ing our tiny dancer

back up you go princess.

St. John contended that prosecuting Hunter on murder charges without Jhessye’s body would be difficult, but not impossible.

“With what we have now, am I confident that we would be able to bring someone to justice? My answer would be yes,” he said.

Silent Witness is still offering a $25,000 reward for any details about Jhessye’s disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call 480-WITNESS.

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/article_4d657dc6-d05f-11e1-b344-0019bb2963f4.html

No new news :( Assistant Police Chief Rick St. John, please, I know you have other cases but please, do not forget our girl. I took you to heart when you said LE still has every intention of pursuing justice for Jhessye. Don't let us down sir.

I wonder is Jhessye's siblings would be eligible for the reward money if they were to come forward with information. Sounds like one of the older girls knows a lot about what happened in that closet and what Jhessye suffered.

:bump: ing my sweet princess. The waiting is horrible. Prayers for her real family as the wait for justice must be so much more difficult for them.

I know that there is no statute of limitations on murder but quite frankly, I'm tired of waiting. Do they really have ENOUGH to bring charges without our butterfly's body? If so, then what's the holdup? I just want Justice for Jhessye and that monster mother of hers behind bars!!!

Officials characterized the period, from July 2011 to June 2012, as a freak year due to the high-profile nature of the Jones and Shockley cases, which both occurred in the same month, and the amount of murder cases that occurred during the last six months of 2011.

"Last year was an anomaly in many respects," said department spokeswoman Officer Tracey Breeden.

The Shockley case included a 41/2-month search of the Mobile Landfill, some 50 miles south of downtown Phoenix. That search, which lasted from February 2011 to last June cost the department more than $750,000, but turned up no signs of Jhessye. Investigators believe the landfill is Jhessye's final resting place.

"We had nothing comparable to the Shockley investigation in the history of our department," she said.

The Shockley case, she said, was also an anomaly as far as investigation costs go due to the amount of resources it required. Breeden said the department "pretty much sent every detective that was available" to track down the child.

Those detectives spent countless hours combing neighborhoods, knocking on doors and questioning every sex offender in the area, she said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ale-police-budget-overtime.html#ixzz233WM8EoT

and we thank them for it. Now lets see some charges against Jerice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member