Searching for Anna

Since we have had literally dozens of "Anna look-alikes", we really need something more than a physical appearance in order to investigate further. I recently had some correspondence with someone who thought she might be Anna, and it turned out to be someone who apparently had read posts on WebSleuths and had come up with a convincing story. When finally I saw photos, there was no resemblance at all, and I felt very sad that someone would fabricate a story like that.

That makes me sad too, Annasmom. I'm sorry you had this experience. There are a lot of troubled and unscrupulous people in this world.

Wanting was kind enough to share the photo with me.
I believe the person has blue eyes. From the nose up, there is a resemblance.
I don't believe this our girl.

Has she been looked at? The Feds have never been able to establish her true identity and true age. What I found interesting was that she passed away leaving a strongbox with various papers, including forged documents, rants, scribbles, and proof of identity theft. She also left a letter to her daughter that she instructed her not to open until she was 18...

suicide28n-7-web.jpg

Her alias was Lori Ruff. She claimed her date of birth was 69, though her friends felt she might have been a bit older than this. She also claimed to be from California.

BobbieA, I appreciate your post. I don't see a family resemblance, but you never know. It looks as if her nose has been broken, which raises the possibility of plastic surgery.

Thinking of Anna, her mom and family today. 43 years is too long. Praying this is the year we finally get answers.

My daughter went skiing today, her ski tag seemed to stare at me. Jan. 16/16
Immediately I was with Anna. Hoping it is a sign, this year answers will come.

Sending prayers of love and comfort to Anna's family. I join with everyone in hoping answers come soon.

Walker county jane doe

Has there ever been a case where someone was abducted as as child and then found as a murdered IUD halfway across the country? The most likely explanation is that Anna either drowned in the creek or was abducted by the George's. I am so so sorry to say but either way I do believe Anna is in heaven. So Tracey C. Owns the property now. I can't believe she won't allow a search of the property. I used to be a big fan of hers. Not anymore. Regarding the creek I understand it is only a few miles from the ocean. Could searchers start at the ocean and work their way towards the site? How far is the creek from the house? Wishful thinking on my part but maybe TC won't ever notice searchers are on the property. I don't know the law but does TC even own the creek? To me that is analogous to saying that if your house is oceanfront that the home owner owns that portion of the ocean. I know the chances of finding anything are so slim, but you never know.

Has she been looked at? The Feds have never been able to establish her true identity and true age. What I found interesting was that she passed away leaving a strongbox with various papers, including forged documents, rants, scribbles, and proof of identity theft. She also left a letter to her daughter that she instructed her not to open until she was 18...

View attachment 82407

This scenario doesn't make sense. If Anna was abducted she would have been given a fake identity as a child. Help me understand in what scenerio someone who has no idea they had been abducted as a child (who would be old enough to remember) would need to create a new identity? And if she knew she had been abducted it's more likely that she would go to the police not steal the identity of a deceased child. I know we all want so badly for Anna to be found but I think we are making this way more complicated than it is.

as a long time person who is active in this thread and on the case i can assure you the creek was fully searched and researched and was determined that she could have not drowned in the creek nor was she in the creek. its back in the threads on one of the posts. so the creek theory is out.

logical answer would be the georges took her or hired someone to take her she was young and whoever took her and raised her could have made those memories seem like bad dreams and she believed it.

i feel in my heart anna is alive and well somewhere and is living under another name and has no clue who she really is.

its not easy to go to the police and when your young like that you might not fully understand whats right from wrong

as a long time person who is active in this thread and on the case i can assure you the creek was fully searched and researched and was determined that she could have not drowned in the creek nor was she in the creek. its back in the threads on one of the posts. so the creek theory is out.

logical answer would be the georges took her or hired someone to take her she was young and whoever took her and raised her could have made those memories seem like bad dreams and she believed it.

i feel in my heart anna is alive and well somewhere and is living under another name and has no clue who she really is.

its not easy to go to the police and when your young like that you might not fully understand whats right from wrong

I hear you about the creek. I agree, but... There are no shortage of cases where an individual has been missing and then later found in the same area that was searched. Can't think of any involving water offhand but plenty in woods and fields. I can link a few if you are interested. I imagine there have been cases where individuals were found in creeks or rivers where they have been hung up on trees etc. I'm off to search and see what I can find.

Regarding kidnapping by the George's, yes it's possible. Unfortunately my mind goes to a dark place if this is the case.

I read all about Anna's case last year and was so touched by her story and her mother's search.

I've recently started listening to a number of different true crime and mystery podcast. They are certainly growing in popularity. Most of them take request from their listeners.

Anna's mom - Would you mind if I requested for Anna's case to be covered? I

I wouldn't mind your requesting that Anna's case be covered, ObserverEagle, and thank you for your interest.

I just wanted to chime in and say hello and make sure this thread is active. I go on Websleuths from time to time. I find this website confusing as there is just so much info and numerous places to find cases I don't know where to look. I want to say hello to Annasmom what a beautiful little girl you have and I hope one day we all have answers as to what happened. I cannot help but think the 2 George's were involved esp the father inquiring to stop child support payments immed. I have come across a couple names I do not know how they relate to this case who is Seka? Also apparently GB had a previous girlfriend named MK what is that short for? Was George Brody his real name? Lots of info and threads on this case on this site I have spent an hr or so catching up on it. Doogie seems to be doing a great job is he still around here? Thank you. Kim

I just wanted to chime in and say hello and make sure this thread is active. I go on Websleuths from time to time. I find this website confusing as there is just so much info and numerous places to find cases I don't know where to look. I want to say hello to Annasmom what a beautiful little girl you have and I hope one day we all have answers as to what happened. I cannot help but think the 2 George's were involved esp the father inquiring to stop child support payments immed. I have come across a couple names I do not know how they relate to this case who is Seka? Also apparently GB had a previous girlfriend named MK what is that short for? Was George Brody his real name? Lots of info and threads on this case on this site I have spent an hr or so catching up on it. Doogie seems to be doing a great job is he still around here? Thank you. Kim
Hi, Kim. Thank you for your post. It is true that the thread hasn't been very active lately, but I think we are all still checking in. My book Searching for Anna gives a synopsis of the case, if you want to download it from Amazon.com. Seka was a young woman associated with the two Georges; we were looking for anybody who knew them well during the timeframe we were investigating. She returned to Yugoslavia (or whatever her part of that country is called now) and we were not able to get very far. MK was Margaret Kukoda, Brody's girlfriend. We do not know if Brody was his real name, since no record was ever found of a person going by that name who resembled Brody. Yes, Doogie is still very much on the job, but we have looked at everything we can think of and are (for now) just out of ideas. Yes, Anna was a beautiful child and perhaps she is now a beautiful woman. We simply do not know. Thank you again.

My heart breaks for you Annasmom. I've poured over these threads, and I strongly believe that the Georges were involved in some way. I believe Anna is alive, but I bet she isn't in the USA or even North America.

What are your feelings on Anna? I know you really have no way to tell one way or the other what happened - but in your gut, in your heart, what are your feelings about Anna and where she ended up?

Keeping you in my thoughts always. And always on the look out for Anna. (I am a craniofacial scientist and I do think the facial reconstruction/age progression is quite good. Would like to see another one soon though.)

My heart breaks for you Annasmom. I've poured over these threads, and I strongly believe that the Georges were involved in some way. I believe Anna is alive, but I bet she isn't in the USA or even North America.

What are your feelings on Anna? I know you really have no way to tell one way or the other what happened - but in your gut, in your heart, what are your feelings about Anna and where she ended up?

Keeping you in my thoughts always. And always on the look out for Anna. (I am a craniofacial scientist and I do think the facial reconstruction/age progression is quite good. Would like to see another one soon though.)
Thank you for your post, Rae. I am fascinated by your profession. Yes, I agree about the age progression, especially the one before the most recent one, which initially had several problems. I wish I did have a gut feeling about what happened to Anna. Perhaps it is (and has always been) too deeply repressed, but from the beginning I have just felt that we should investigate every possibility of what might have happened to her because we simply did not know...and do not know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back